NYJetsFan.com Forums: Gonna Meet Cal Ripken Jr!!! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Today's Jets news: Sign Chris Johnson - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339 | Host Sidney Rice - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38341
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gonna Meet Cal Ripken Jr!!!

#1 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:33 AM

I'm gonna meet Cal Ripken Jr. in another month and a week. My Dad told me that this is gonna be my birthday present, my birthday is in December, and I can't wait!!! No idea what to ask him.
Here's a link to the even, also might meet Ralph Branca and Bobby Thompson:
http://www.mountedme....com/shows.aspx
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#2 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

Thats gay u gotta pay.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#3 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

Well now-a-days, that's how they get money, by doing signings. You can't just quit your job at 40 and be financially secured forever unless you invent something people use everyday.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#4 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well now-a-days, that's how they get money, by doing signings. You can't just quit your job at 40 and be financially secured forever unless you invent something people use everyday.

Or make millions and Millions of dollars for 18 plus years.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Oct 18 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or make millions and Millions of dollars for 18 plus years.

Yeah, that's true, but sometimes (though I'd suspect Ripken wouldn't be in this trouble) players go crazy with their money and end up broke (see Pete Rose).
But a big part of it has to do with financial advisors. They're the ones who really jack up the prices. But since I'm not paying, I don't really care.

#6 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Oct 18 2006, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats that supposed to mean??!?

i'm sure Cal Ripken Jr. has enough money that him, his kids, and his kids' kids never have to work a day in their lives! Its rediculous what they do with these signings, millionares asking for alot of money to sign certain items..BLASPHEMY!
Thats why i love the NFL..you can just go to training camp and get anyones autograph including Superstars for FREE!

. .end of rant..
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#7 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

this may be a dumb question but what is a 'inscription' just a normal signature or what?
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#8 User is offline   vilmatime51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Oct 19 2006, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this may be a dumb question but what is a 'inscription' just a normal signature or what?

its a little something extra that you get them to write after the signature..like i got a picture signed by Vilma at TC and had him write "2004 Deffensive Rookie of the Year" on it..
its pretty crazy that it costs 50 dollars extra at these autograph shows..
The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital.- Joe Paterno

"Believe deep down inside that you're destined to do great things"- Joe Paterno

#9 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Oct 19 2006, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An insciption is something the player would add to their signature, like jersey number, or in Ripken's case, 2632 straight games, or something similar. I'm not getting that, just a sig.
And guys, I understand where you come from, with the fact that Ripken has made MILLIONS playing and advertising. But think, you spend money. Gas bills, heating bills, food, gas, I'm sure in Ripken's case charity, college tuituions for kids, school, I bet it adds up. Sure, I bet he spends some of that money on luxuries myself and all you guys have, but he's still human and has wants and needs (even if some are unnecessary, like charging an insane amount for an autograph).
But, err, does anyone actually care I'm gonna meet Cal Ripken Jr??? He's the greatest shortstop the game has seen since Honus Wagner, and I'd put money no one on this site saw Wagner play.

#10 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

Todays the big day, in 2 hours we'll be leaving to meet him. The day has finally come.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users