santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:51 PM) lol
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:08 PM) JAMEIS WINSTON TO THE JETS
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Today, 04:10 PM) The best big game quarterback I've ever seen.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Boise State

#1 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:18 PM

If Boise State's win over Oklahoma last night isnt proof that college football needs a playoff system then I dont know what needs to happen for the idiots at the NCAA to take an interest.

They went 13-0, beat one of the big boys, but since they played in a shit conference, they dont deserve a chance? That's ridiculous. Give the guys a shot to win it, make a playoff. I dont care if they get smashed in the next round, atleast they would have had a chance instead of being told they cant do it simply because of the conference they play in.

What if they did something like that in college basketball? Example: "George Mason? What conference are you in? HAHAHAHA You have no chance. You're out, UCONN gets to go to the Final Four. Sorry."

Point is, they got a shot, and they took it. And College football should be like that as well, I dont care what conference youre in, if youre undefeated, I think you atleast deserve a playoff shot to go for the championship.

Further more, whats the problem with a playoff system instead of having the Why-watch? Bowl or the I-Dont-Care Bowl? You can still have the major bowls in the playoff system can you not? Just make all the games from ever round at a neutral site and call it a bowl...you'll still make your money.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

yeah they are discussing this on jim rome right now. playoffs should be standard. i cant seem to get interested in college ball but that was a really good game.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

Getting off my playoff argument. WOW. That was probably the best, most exciting, most heartwarming football game I have ever seen. It seemed like Boise State let it go, then boom, the hook & latteral gets them the tying score. It seemed like Oklahoma won in over time then boom. BSU converted on 4th and 2 for the score. And then they went for 2, and boom, the statue of liberty play wins it for David. They slay Goliath. And after its all said and done, probably the most tear jerking moment on the sidelines happened when Ian Johnson proposed to his girlfriend. It was a perfect night for Boise State and unless you go to Oklahoma or are an extremely intense fan of them...if you werent happy about that night, you really dont have a heart.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter. I had to watch the highlights. A hook and latteral and the statue of liberty all in the same game. A playoff system is the only way to go. Look what it did to college b-ball with March Madness.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:38 AM

A playoff system is needed but at first I think all Division 1A conferences should be entitled to a shot at the BCS Championship not just the big name conferences such as the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 etc. I mean the ACC was garbage this year and this was shown by the fact Miami only just beat Nevada in their bowl game.

With 11 conferences in Division 1A what should happen is the conference champions go in to a tournament plus, to factor in in the Independents, there should be 1 at large berth for another team (which doesn't have to be an independent) to make it a 12 team tournament. I know this would deny some powerhouse teams a shot and would put some poor teams into the playoff such as the Sun Belt winner but the only way these teams can be given the chance to compete with the big conferences is by putting them up against better competition and into bowls where the prize money is greater.
You would still have the rankings but these would be less important and would only determine the seedings. The top 4 ranked teams would each get a bye in the first round (similar to the NFL) with the #1 team at the top of the bracket for the 2nd round and the #2 team at the bottom of the bracket.

This is how it would probably work:

Round 1:

Game 1 - #12 team (at-large berth, not conference champ) vs #5
Game 2 - #11 team vs #6
Game 3 - #10 team vs #7
Game 4 - #9 team vs #8

Round 2:

Game 5 - winner game 1 vs #1 team
Game 6 - winner game 4 vs #4 team
Game 7 - winner game 3 vs #3 team
Game 8 - winner game 2 vs #2 team

Semi-Finals

Winner game 5 vs Winner game 6
Winner game 7 vs Winner game 8

National Championship - two semi final winners

With this system you would still get great matchups not only in the playoffs, but throughout the bowl system IMO as some 'powerhouse' teams wouldn't have made it and so would be left to fill the other bowls.
The biggest flaw is though that teams may play up to 15/16 game seasons if they make it to the national championship whilst you may get similar conference champions still every year but it would certainly make the other conferences stronger in my eyes.

#6 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:08 AM

it will never happen ever.

IPB Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked