NYJetsFan.com Forums: Victor Abiamiri De 6'4 270 Notre Dame - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) That's flag 101 never looking back and pushing the WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How is that not PI?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Never looked for the ball for a second
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) Fuck this game fuck the refs fuck this team fuck the season. I'm over this shit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) That's bullshit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) On the bright side we get to play Detroit, San Diego, NE and denver in our next 4 games
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) Oh look the refs gave the Jets another timeout. A timeout the Jets didn't even have. SMDH
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Until we get rid of geno smith we are going nowhere. Bottom line. Dude is more erratic than romo
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) I'm really not feeling Geno Smith.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Or any other QB in the league. Trade for Sanchez Now!
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) We'd be 3-0 with Sanchez
SokeSleezy Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Geno's needs to work on his accuracy,Stafford gonna kill us next week smh
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Yeah gonna go with a good old f*** Geno this week. He is still playing better than last year though
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) People saying Sanchez sucks keep in mind he never had a chance to play in morningwegs system. He was held back by shottenheimer
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) This team will never have a franchise QB. We can't draft them and when we sign or trade for them, they're past their primes.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Victor Abiamiri De 6'4 270 Notre Dame

#1 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

Victor Abiamiri DE 6'4 270 Notre Dame
By: Robert Davis
Abiamiri was one of the truly elite recruits coming out of high school 2003. He struggled to live up to the expectations as a freshman and sophomore though, totaling just 37 tackles, 10 for loss, and three sacks in his first two seasons combined. As a junior he beat those two season totals, as he finally began to show he deserved the hype. Abiamiri had 48 tackles, 15 for loss, and eight sacks on the year.

Physically, Abiamiri has it all. He is a great athlete, showing great agility, quickness, and speed on the football field. He has a very lean frame, and is strong for a player his size. He brings a lot of talent and potential as a playmaker off the edge. Abiamiri gets a great jump off the line, and combined with his ability to get upfield and change direction, makes him a real threat on every snap as a pass rusher. While he is an end, he may possess the athleticism and skill to play in space and adjust to a 3-4 OLB spot at the next level.

If he wants to remain at end, Abiamiri will have to bulk up. Even though he is in the 270 range, he still has a lean frame. The biggest issue that he will need to deal with is his consistency. He only has one year where he made the plays he is expected to make, and he can disappear at times during games.

Victor Abiamiri is a player that could continue to rise as the season goes on and through the post season circuit. Everyone is looking for the next standout edge rusher, and Abiamiri has all the talent to become one. If he has another solid season coupled with his potential, Abiamiri should crack the first two rounds of the draft.

Nfldraftcountdown...
Strengths:
An excellent athlete with great quickness and a burst...Has pretty good size with long arms and the frame to get bigger...Was very productive...Packs a good initial punch...Strong and stout at the point...Versatile and is fluid enough to drop into coverage...Great pass rusher who can terrorize quarterbacks...Solid tackler with good range and will make plays in pursuit...Is smart and a hard worker with great intangibles...A ton of experience against top competition...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
Needs to add some weight...Did a lot of his damage against weak competition...Is still somewhat raw and needs to refine his technique...Timed speed is adequate but not special...Inconsistent and a bit of an underachiever who does not always play up to his talent level...Struggles to shed blockers...Minor durability concerns.

Notes:
Was a highly-regarded recruit coming out of high school...Might be looked at as a potential outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme...Really made a name for himself in the scouting community when he dominated Winston Justice in '05...He certainly passes the eyeball test and has everything that you look for physically...An even better pro prospect than Justin Tuck was and the scary part is he's still improving.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:34 PM

Seems alittle small for DE in the 3-4, we need guys that are atleast around 295.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

Abiamiri would be a olb in the 3-4

#4 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

Anyone know where he is projected to go? Of course it's still early and he seems likea guy who could really make a name for himself at the combines. Still, he sounds intriguing.

#5 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 17 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know where he is projected to go? Of course it's still early and he seems likea guy who could really make a name for himself at the combines. Still, he sounds intriguing.

round 2

#6 User is offline   JetsRLife Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

i dont like this guy at all. come draft tim, i think he'll fall to the late 3rd/4th round.
IPB Image
The Newest Member Of The J-E-T-S!!!

#7 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

Since ND has a contract with NBC and shit i was able to see most of there games. This was one of the main guys i watched and he didnt impress me very much. I dont want him..

#8 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

yea he never really lived up to his hype in college, he was a big time prospect coming out of hs and is a medicore prospect coming out of college.

IPB Image

#9 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

No way in hell. Abiamiri sounds too much like Abraham. If you combine their names you get ABADHAMI.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users