NYJetsFan.com Forums: Xbox360 Info - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox360 Info tons of it

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

sorry it took so lone. its a huge article so i'm gonna take certain parts out.

Here are some of the games currently scheduled at launch (but subject to change)
Project Gotham 3 (screen shots look amazing)
Perfect Dark Zero
Gears of War
Call of Duty
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

In my opinion gotham and oblivion are must haves and oblivion will keep u busy for months trust me.

Apporximite release date
November 15 (just like i said. MS always does that date the first xbox did and so did xbox live

Some new functions
3 USB ports- can plug in an mp3 player and stream music while u play. also a camcorder digital camera etc

Acts as a media center PC. view and record TV. watch video play music etc

Alter games to customize them for your fun and you can sell them or give them for free to others through your xbox live store

acts as 6 computers in one. allowing the for better graphic engines, AI, and framerate

Specs
3 symetrical cores running at 3.2GHz each. 2 hardware threads per core whoch is 6 total

500MHz custom designed chip, developed by micresoft ans ATI. (rumered to be the best available)

memory-512MB GDDR3 RAM (aka the good stuff)

16 Simultanious textures

built in 20GB hardrive fully upgradable

Broadband enabled and Wi-Fi enabled

Video camera ready (to watch the people u play with)

A game list of expected titles
Tiger woods 2006
NBA live 2006
nintty-nine nights
The outfit
condemed
quake 4
NFS most wanted
Kameo
Full auto
Ghost recon 3
Fable 2
an unnamed bioware RPG (possibly JE2)
The Godfather
Test Drive Unlimited
Possession (loks really good)

Some accessories
Remote control
xbox live cam
wireless network adapter

Ok thats good for now. soon i'll post some developers on board and more about the controllers and other features
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Alcatraz Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

Ghost Recon and The GodFather for me

#3 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

Well, you can be pretty certain that Perfect Dark Zero and Oblivion won't end up being launch titles. Rare never gets games out when promised, they are so bad about it that their delays were one of the reasons Nintendo ditched them. And every Elder Scrolls game has suffered from long delays, most recently Morrowind, which was a "launch title" for the first Xbox, but didn't come out for at least a year.

Frankly, after how many games that were "launch titles" for XBox didn't come out for months (or years) afterwards, I don't know how much I trust them this time. Sometimes games get delayed, but I personally think Microsoft needs to do a better job of keeping tabs on what released dates get put on games, even for third party developers. I've seen more, and more big name, games get pushed back for the XBox than the Playstation, and especially the much more reliable Gamecube.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

nintendo didn't ditch them. microsoft bought them. It seems your a clear PS lover thats trying to twist the facts. as far as morrowind goes i never heard of it being a release title. the ones i heard were fevern. gotham, halo, and DOA3 and all 4 did and more
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 3 2005, 03:16 PM)
nintendo didn't ditch them. microsoft bought them. It seems your a clear PS lover thats trying to twist the facts. as far as morrowind goes i never heard of it being a release title. the ones i heard were fevern. gotham, halo, and DOA3 and all 4 did and more

You should be careful what you say. For example, after you say "It seems your a clear PS lover thats trying to twist the facts" and I come back with, "actually, I like XBox a lot more than playstation, which tend to breakdown for no reason amongst other things" you look like a jerk.
If you want to talk about being a lover of a certain system and distorting the facts, I have never seen you do anything but suck up to Xbox. As you usually say after losing an argument, "it's just opinons, not facts. People can have different opinons."

As with most things, Nintendo could have kept them around, but they made little (if any) effort to keep Rare around because Rare was at the time (and still is in my opinon) a crappy company. Outside of a couple games, they have produced mostly junk, and they have trouble meeting deadlines.

As far as Morrowind being a launchtitle, how old is your Xbox and do you still have the box? I bought mine with the first month and it lists Morrowind as one. Also, how about Malice? That game came out this year, but it was a launch title.

Finally, I'm not talking about them getting launch titles out, but how many were delayed and how many games still suffer from them. A sad amount of XBox titles (and most dissapointingly, prominent ones) miss their deadline. As such, I don't trust them to get out most of those games on time.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

i guess your right about my assumption but i got it on the release date. the last one left from best buy and yes i still have it (with the defective thompson drive in it still) anyway i never said rare was a good company. MS just outbid for them. just like CG did with resident evil. also like madden with the NFL. does the NFL license suck becuase maden bought it? Money talks. and i don't suck up to the xbox. the xbox is better then the PS2 machine wise and i consulted with experts as to which new gen system looks better so far and they both said Xbox360. fact is i won't say which one is officially better until i play them both which will be years from now
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users