NYJetsFan.com Forums: Need Quick Help - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need Quick Help Cadillac is hurt

#1 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here. This is my weakest position.

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long. Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion? I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7. The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7. Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right? With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have? If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster. Who do I drop for Pittman? Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week? I am not good at trading. I've never done it. I usually just look at the waiver wire. What should I look for in trading? Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up.

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

#2 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (tallman6ft10 @ Oct 4 2005, 08:50 PM)
I have the following:

QB Culpepper (bye) and Griese
Play 1
I know I need help here.  This is my weakest position. 

RB Dillion, Barber (bye), C. Williams, and C. Brown
Play 2
I have Barber on a bye this week and C. Williams is hurt for I don't know how long.  Do you think C. Brown is an ok start with Dillion?  I would like to pick up Pittman but then I would have Dillion, C. Williams, and Pittman all on a bye on week 7.  The reason I picked up C. Brown was for week 7.  Should I just stay put and start C. Brown this week and week 7 and hope C. Williams comes back quick? I think hamsprings are usually about four weeks right?  With a bye in there perhaps he will only be out of my line up for three weeks and I could probably cover with what I have?  If not, here is a list of the rest of my roster.  Who do I drop for Pittman?  Or should I try to trade to upgrade QB and get a RB with a different bye week?  I am not good at trading.  I've never done it.  I usually just look at the waiver wire.  What should I look for in trading?  Give an example of what you think I could get with my line up. 

WR D. Jackson, K. McCardell, T. Glenn, D. Driver
Play 2

TE Heap, C. Anderson (bye)
Play 1

Only have 1 kicker and 1 def.

Chris Brown is actually a pretty good start this week. He is the only RB that Tenn can trust to carry the ball with Henry out, and at Hou (even though it is a road game) is a good match up. Tennesse could jump on them quick and Brown might get a lot of carries running time off the clock, so stick with that.

I know Culpepper is disappointing right now, but with Moore in the backfield they have an actual threat and they are working on fixing the offense, so it is hard to count him out. Eventually he will break back out, and he is just one of those guys you have to ride through the bad times with. Unless you can get an elite receiver or #2 RB in exchange, and can then pick up a QB in FA, don't do it.

Williams should be back sooner than latter. He is young and tough, so I don't see him missing any time after the bye.

Hope that helps some.

#3 User is offline   tallman6ft10 Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

Thanks a1elbow (how'd you get that name?). Your post was very helpful.

Just so you know though, I wasn't ready to give up on Culpepper. What I was thinking was maybe packaging Griese and Dillion for a good QB and an average RB. This would be because of the need for a QB and because of the week 7 bye week problem with Dillon and Williams out the same week.

Maybe I should I just play C. Brown on week 7 and forget about it?

Here is what is out there.

I don't think these guys will trade since their #2 QB stinks.
McNabb/ Orton Need RBs
Roethlisberger/ Losman RBs ok (mine are better)
Bulger/ Pennington?? RBs ok
P. Manning/ Carr Need RBs
Collins/ Brooks RBs good (better than mine)

Possibility for trade
Brady/ Bledsoe RBs W. Parker/ T.J. Duckett/ Portis (don't know if I want those RBs might have to offer less than Dillion)
Brees/ McNair/ R.Johnson/ P. Holmes/ F. Taylor (what do you think here?)
C. Palmer/ T. Green/ Dunn/ McAllister/ Crockett (I don't think he will part with Palmer and the only problem with Green is that then I end up with two good cold QBs)
E. Manning/ M. Vick/ B. Leftwich/ JJ. Arrington/ L. Suggs/ L. Johnson/ W. McGahee (how does Manning/ McGahee for Griese/ Dillon sound?)
Hasselbeck/ Plummer/ Westbrook/ Staley/ M. Moore (is Hasselbeck all that much better than what I have?)
B. Favre/ J. Delhomme/ G. Frerotte/ Tomlinson/ James/ Barlow His RBs are better than mine. Forget that.

For example-- if I did the E. Manning trade, I would have E. Manning, Culpepper, T. Barber, C. Brown, C. Williams, and W. McGahee. Does that improve my team for Griese/ Culpepper, Barber, Brown, Williams, and Dillion?

#4 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:33 AM

Right now, Manning/McGahee are both better than Griese/Dillion. Dillion hasn't done much this year and Manning is leading the highest scoring team in the league, so that one is out.

I would suggest staying pat at back up QB and waiting to see what creeps up on the FA market. Griese has hit some long TDs so far and if you get decent bonuses for TD length is a decent backup.

If you really want to upgrade, I would suggest trying for McNair/Taylor or Green/Dunn. Manning and McGahee are both performing better than your two guys. I don't think Hasselback, Vick, Delhomme, or Leftwich are significant upgrades to Griese...or at least not enough to warrant downgrading from Dillion to whatever you would get inexchange.

I don't know what your record is and the quality of the team you are playing is, but I would say hold onto those guys unless you get a really good deal. Green/Dunn could be a possibility and I actual really like it . Dunn is a stud who has been great so far (but usually misses a couple games) and Green isn't the type of fantasy QB to be in a slump for more than a week or two, tops.

The other choices there I just see as being hard for you to pull off, but offer the trades that work out best for you and see what happens. You never know.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users