NYJetsFan.com Forums: Question About Wildcat Formation And League Rules - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question About Wildcat Formation And League Rules Intentional Grounding and Such

#1 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

There was a play last night where Ronnie Brown was trapped behind the line when trying to set up for a pass out of the Wildcat. He tried to tuck the ball and scramble, but decided to toss the ball out of bounds when he was on his way down for a loss. No one receiver was in the vicinity and it was clearly done out of desperation.

No flag was thrown.

With a QB, that's intentional grounding 10 times out of 10. Why not with Ronnie?

Does his position as a running back change how penalties against quarterbacks are thrown?

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Outside of the tackle box...as long as you're outside of your offensive tackles you can throw it anywhere you want. That's how it works as far as I know.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

He was outside the tackle box.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

was outside the tackle box
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

I don't know that was iffy and could have gone either way, the motion was made before he was completely outside of the OT. The intentional grounding we got earlier was absolute shit though, yet I can't complain because the ref's inability to see hurt the dolphins more than us. That was one of the best worst games I have ever seen. Same old Jets I'm sorry I will never give up my undying allegiance to New York Football 2 but this team is beyond cursed.

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Oct 13 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a play last night where Ronnie Brown was trapped behind the line when trying to set up for a pass out of the Wildcat. He tried to tuck the ball and scramble, but decided to toss the ball out of bounds when he was on his way down for a loss. No one receiver was in the vicinity and it was clearly done out of desperation.

No flag was thrown.

With a QB, that's intentional grounding 10 times out of 10. Why not with Ronnie?

Does his position as a running back change how penalties against quarterbacks are thrown?

ronnie was outside of the tackle box so intential grouning is ok when you are. howver sanchez had a reciever in the vicinity so ti shouldna't have been intential grounding. it didn't matter cause it gave us 3rd and 22 and sanchez hit edwrads for a 1st down, but still. then on the last drive henne was not outside teh taclke box and threw the ball where nobody was even close. that should have been IG. the officiating was horrible
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Oct 13 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on the last drive henne was not outside teh taclke box and threw the ball where nobody was even close. that should have been IG. the officiating was horrible

I went basically apesh!t when I saw that last night. As soon as there was no flag there, I knew we were going to lose the game. The officiating in that game was horrendous, but ultimately our Defense cost us that game. We get another shot at them in 3 weeks. Hopefully next time we'll be prepared. The early success the team had may have caused some over confidence. Maybe now that we lost two in a row will get a fire lit under the team's as$.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

Was obviously outside the box, but to answer the other question, if he does stay in the tackle box and throw a pass (which won't ever happen) and he intentionally grounds it, yes it would be the same as a QB.

#9 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Oct 13 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was obviously outside the box, but to answer the other question, if he does stay in the tackle box and throw a pass (which won't ever happen) and he intentionally grounds it, yes it would be the same as a QB.

That happened on our first wilcat play. He threw the ball from the pocket to Fasano.

As far as the Henne play. He rolled out 15 yards to the right remember...outside the tackle box!
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (C l u t c H 385 @ Oct 13 2009, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That happened on our first wilcat play. He threw the ball from the pocket to Fasano.

As far as the Henne play. He rolled out 15 yards to the right remember...outside the tackle box!

He definitely rolled out of the pocket, but alright.

#11 User is offline   HartAttack Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

Intentional grounding will be called on anyone who throws a legal forward pass and certain conditions are not met:

1) Was he outside the tackle box to based one the original formation? Remember this is not the hashmarks but where the tackles actually do (or would in the case of no tackle being there, think South Carolina Steve Spurrier gate plays) lineup. If he is outiside the tackle box then having a receiver in the vicinity or not does not matter.

2) Was there a receiver in the area? If he was inside the tackle box a possible receiver must be within the general vicinity of the ball or intentional grounding will be called.

3) Did the ball make it to the LOS? Many people forget this important part of intentional grounding since most qb's don't have this happen to them but if the qb does not reach the line with the throw and no receiver is in the area than they will call intentional grounding, and correct me if I am wrong on this but I am pretty sure whether you are outside the tackle box or not does not matter if you do not reach the LOS with the ball.

As a coach I try to make it my priority to know the rules I am going to be arguing with the refs lol. I am wrong a bit so correct me if I am here but that is everything that goes into an intentional grounding call if I am correct.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users