NYJetsFan.com Forums: Broke My Own Rules - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Today, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Today, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Today, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Today, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Broke My Own Rules I'm Beating the Dead Dog

#21 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! which is EXACTLY what i said. He plays not to lose which isnt playing much at all, and is why he cant win Big games especially in the playoffs!!! Thank You and GOODNIGHT!! drinks.gif

i never said chad was great. i said he's alot better then u give him credit for, we were 10-6 because of him, not in spite of him
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 20 2007, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm yea, u didnt mention him stuggling with knowing the offense....IT WAS ONLY MOST OF YR POST!!

I see you like to put words in peoples mouths. I said he may have struggled to learn the offense and you replied and i quote:
If he didnt know the offense...

Nicely done.
the point is u have no point, he didnt struglle and make abd throws cus he didnt have as good of grasp of the offense thats just his inability to throw and not throw in his comfort zone with 3 defenders on a guy cus he cant make any other throw.

Or it was a combination of the two. His arm should get stronger a year removed from rehabbing. He will get a chance to rest it, then he can condition it. Likewise, he should also have a better grasp of the offense in his second year. Would you not agree with that?

What you fail to realize it's the Jets are not that great of a team. They were less talented than every team in the playoffs. It's not like Chad is surrounded by great players. If that were the case and he was holding them back, I might agree with you. But the fact is they were 10-6 and Pennington was a big part of that. Their only pro bowler was Justin Miller.

No one is saying Chad is a long term solution. 1, maybe 2 more years if he can stay healthy. If Clemens comes in, it's gonna be because Chad gets injured or because Mangini thinks he's ready. Until one of those things happens, Chad will be the QB.

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jan 20 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i doubt it. you'll still find someone to bitch about

I second that.

#23 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

wow this is pretty crazy you guys are getting real deep into each other's asses...
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#24 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 21 2007, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes leaders win games and ill be the first guy to attest to that and I completely believe in having character guys over skill guys with problems. BUT u need to not only have character and leadership but be able to do the best at your job for the team and Chad cant provide that. Also Chad isnt our best chance to win a SB now cus he cant even get that far. But u wanna see the caliber guys that do that not only have leadership and character but worked for or were blessed with talent youll know why Pennington isnt even in their class:

Tom Brady
John Elway
Brett Farve
Troy Aikman
and i dont wanna go too far back so im just gunna point one other thing out.
What do you know as a key stat for all these guys??? Answer game winning drives. These guys could lead their team to victory when it matters most. Still believe in penningto? go check out his # of game wiinning drives and see how it stackes up to half the number of times any of those qbs did it and you'll see why.
yes, yr right, people who cry that penningtons gone cus they are still blind and can not see.
Unless your the Jets and have amazing skill players cool2.gif

Who's to say Clemens is in their class though. For all we know he may just be an average starter in the future and there must be a reason why Mangini made Chad starter for last season and didn't give Clemens much playing time even when Chad was struggling.

Throwing in Clemens next season would be a bad decision IMO the way Chad played last year, unless he is far better than Chad in Training Camp and preseason. Chad is only a stop gap though but to give the team the best chance of winning, right now he is the QB who will do that.

To be honest Chad did a great job with a lack of a running game and some of those INTs came because the ground game was stuttering meaning we had to throw the ball and when you throw the ball a lot, you throw more INTs. 16 INTs from 485 attempts - one every 30 pass attempts isn't great but also isn't bad. It's a better average than Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Grossman and Hasselbeck and all those QBs had a better running game than the Jets did.

#25 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 21 2007, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's to say Clemens is in their class though. For all we know he may just be an average starter in the future and there must be a reason why Mangini made Chad starter for last season and didn't give Clemens much playing time even when Chad was struggling.

Throwing in Clemens next season would be a bad decision IMO the way Chad played last year, unless he is far better than Chad in Training Camp and preseason. Chad is only a stop gap though but to give the team the best chance of winning, right now he is the QB who will do that.

To be honest Chad did a great job with a lack of a running game and some of those INTs came because the ground game was stuttering meaning we had to throw the ball and when you throw the ball a lot, you throw more INTs. 16 INTs from 485 attempts - one every 30 pass attempts isn't great but also isn't bad. It's a better average than Eli Manning, Roethlisberger, Grossman and Hasselbeck and all those QBs had a better running game than the Jets did.

wow? I NEVER said Clemens was in their class, that would be an idiotic statement, guy hasnt even started a game yet. I was saying that Pennignton wasnt since someone was mentioning Chad compared to other qb's ints anfd that and i was showing why that doesnt hold water.

And this whole thing was comparing to chad not Clemens. Clemens could possibly one day be really good but id be a moron to say hes anywhere close to any of those guys right now.

And the way Chad played last year is ALL the more reaosn to put Clemens in next year. People think cus we won he did good when the fact is he was decent at throwing 6 yard routes and his receivers destroyed dbacks with there playmaking ability. Chad hindered the offense like he has his entire career. There is NO point in waiting another year because Chad can't take us to the promised land and just getting us to the playoffs to lose in the 1st or 2nd round again isnt worth putting off Clemens another season. The best thing to do would be put Clemens in and let him give it a shot and see where he can take us instead of wasting another season on a "good record"

Chad= Cheerleader

#26 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 21 2007, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post here Smeds.
But BestHands, why is it you look at his TDs, and say "well the recievers did a majority of the work on some of the," which is true, then look at his INT numbers and say "well, if you take away those TDs with his recievers doing a majority of the work, he threw more INTs than TDs," without actually looking at his INTs??? Sorry for the long run on, but I'm saying that some of his INTs are rather misleading, which no one has taken into effect.

Week 2 vs. the Pats- A hail mary pass from 60 yards from the end zone, an absolute desperation move on our part.
Week 4 vs. the Colts- 4th and goal from the 3. Pennington rolls out to buy some time and is being pressured from his left, going right. There's a blanket around everybody, his only options are take a sack, go out of bounds, or force it in to a reciever. Being 4th down, he does the latter, and it's picked off as he throws on the run. No way he could make a play.
Week 13 vs. the Bills- On the last pick he threw, we were losing by 18, he was about to get hit and he just threw it up. Made no difference in the outcome.
Week 14 vs. the Vikings- We're winning by 2 pocessions in the 4th, but with a crappy running game, we're forced to pass in garbage time. He's piced off on a tipped pass, not really his fault.
That's 4 INTs that really weren't totally his fault, and he had 3 TDs he threw (all against the Pats) that really weren't totally from him.
One last thing, we've had 3 chances for him to realistically lead us on a game winning drive, so I'm not including the Colts or Pats game.
Week 1- Delivers a game winning TD to Chris Baker.
Week 8- FU*CKING REFS!!!
Week 16- Dumped off that screen to Washinton and he did the rest, so it's hard to say what would've happened. But, a win's a win.

And as Smeds said, Chad has had to go through the year with a so-so line and no running game, it was a rebuilding year. He can only get better as he can now work out 100% being healthy. Clemens is still really a rookie, we can't throw him into the fire just yet.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#27 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 21 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is NO point in waiting another year because Chad can't take us to the promised land and just getting us to the playoffs to lose in the 1st or 2nd round again isnt worth putting off Clemens another season.

Once again, you act like this is a team that deserves to go to the "promised land". It's not. Chad is not the one holding them back. The offensive line is. The defense is. That's why your whole argument has absolutely no merit.

#28 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 21 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, you act like this is a team that deserves to go to the "promised land". It's not. Chad is not the one holding them back. The offensive line is. The defense is. That's why your whole argument has absolutely no merit.

and YOU are DEF the person to decide who's argument has merit. crazy.gif

Chad has blown every big game for years, which is fact so it hold merit, He cant make a comback to win a game:FACt, look it up since u dotn believe me, has merit.

U trying to debate my arguments(no merit, u havent argued agianst one real thing the whole time u just say some lil different thing, u havent proved me rong and u neva will in this subject cus everything i said mostly in my 1st post is all true.

Im not saying this team is destined for a sb right this very second but we havent and cant get thur with Chad, that is my point, so why wast anymore time with him? No logical reason to.

If your gunna say i have no merit actually prove something rong from what i said in the first place because my entire 1st post in the subject u have no answer for. You havent broughten anything to this discussion except saying im rong. so please, I know u obviously are too in love with Chad to admit anything so ill do u the favor and not make u just dont talk anymore unless you are actually gunna discuss something that has major relevance.

p.s. OF course i wanna go to the promised land, every player fan and coach wanna go to the super bowl, why u dont and wanna have a buncha 10 win seasons is beyond me.

U settle for less i guess sorry im normal and want more in life. crazy.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#29 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 21 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and YOU are DEF the person to decide who's argument has merit. crazy.gif

Chad has blown every big game for years, which is fact so it hold merit, He cant make a comback to win a game:FACt, look it up since u dotn believe me, has merit.

U trying to debate my arguments(no merit, u havent argued agianst one real thing the whole time u just say some lil different thing, u havent proved me rong and u neva will in this subject cus everything i said mostly in my 1st post is all true.

Im not saying this team is destined for a sb right this very second but we havent and cant get thur with Chad, that is my point, so why wast anymore time with him? No logical reason to.

If your gunna say i have no merit actually prove something rong from what i said in the first place because my entire 1st post in the subject u have no answer for. You havent broughten anything to this discussion except saying im rong. so please, I know u obviously are too in love with Chad to admit anything so ill do u the favor and not make u just dont talk anymore unless you are actually gunna discuss something that has major relevance.

p.s. OF course i wanna go to the promised land, every player fan and coach wanna go to the super bowl, why u dont and wanna have a buncha 10 win seasons is beyond me.

U settle for less i guess sorry im normal and want more in life. crazy.gif

the bottom line is that you're micro analyzing Chad , and your micro analyzing every play . you can't do that . every mistake by everyone on the field ultimately has an effect on the game not just Chad Pennington's . it's rediculous to think he has to be perfect in your eyes .

the JETS lost on the road like most teams do because as a team they were not good enough to secure home field .

Chad actually outplayed Roethlisberger in that game (it was '04 btw ) but the steelers out rushed the Jets 193-110 and had the ball for almost 40 minutes .

the Jets lost in Oakland in '02 and in Pittsburgh in '04 because they were not good enough and they were on the road .

in recent history they won when they were home in the playoffs .

i guess DREW BREES is a loser now too .
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Mehlfan @ Jan 21 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the bottom line is that you're micro analyzing Chad , and your micro analyzing every play . you can't do that . every mistake by everyone on the field ultimately has an effect on the game not just Chad Pennington's . it's rediculous to think he has to be perfect in your eyes .
the JETS lost on the road like most teams do because as a team they were not good enough to secure home field .

Chad actually outplayed Roethlisberger in that game (it was '04 btw ) but the steelers out rushed the Jets 193-110 and had the ball for almost 40 minutes .

the Jets lost in Oakland in '02 and in Pittsburgh in '04 because they were not good enough and they were on the road .

iagree.gif GREAT POST! Besthands you only mention the one thing that is wrong with Chad, and in your other thread about Vince Young you talk about how Vince Young deserved the ROY because of his leadership and he motivated his whole team. I think Chad is one of the best motivators and leaders in the game. And you act like the Jets have so many play makers on their team, and that is why the Jets did good this year, but have you realized that everytime Chad is hurt the Jets play horrible, but when he is playing they are a playoff team, so if all the PLAYMAKERS are doing all the work then why can't they do it when Chad isn't in? And you talk about Chad getting his WRs killed, in almost every game I have seen in this playoffs I have seen tons of WRs nailedd, so its not just Chad, it is part of the game, sometimes WRs have to make tough catches.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#31 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

Owned

#32 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Mehlfan @ Jan 21 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes everyone makes mistakes people are human. But cant have a qb make as many mistakes as Pennington and get away with it and it shows cus the Jets lose.

And why are u bringing up Drew Brees??? Drew Brees hasnt choked like Pennington and as many times. Id take Drew Brees over Pennington anyday.

The only reason i have done so many deltailed accounts of Pennington becuase hes screwed up big some many times, and just saying the general facts around here doesnt sit well with Chad supporters so i actually go into detail about it and people like VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs have nuthing intelligent or relevant to say. they cant defend whats true so thats why i went into detail bout everything he did. It wasnt just that game EVERY game thats on the line Pennington cant come abck cus he does the same thing, dump it off on 3rd and long and Pray to God someone makes a play, THAT ISNT LEADERSHIP!

I hear all this leadership stuff about Pennington and yea he might be a good vocal leader but when it comes to leading by example he sux. So he should do what good vocal leaders, who cant act, do.... GO BE A CHEERLEADER AND GET THE HECK OFF THE FIELD!!

In quick summary of everything that is(or more likely isnt) about chad is this
- Cant throw past 10 yards
-cant throw sideline passes
-cant win big games
-if hes off we be screwed where as other qb's can comeback from mistakes or their teamates can survive(unfortunatly he uses his teamtes to surviv on eveyr play so they run outt gas).
- cant get us anywhere in the playoffs worth goin to.
-makes bad descisions(but its ok guys hes book smart crazy.gif ).
-lays out his receivers
AND MORE

unfortunately i have no time for stupidity such as the contents of yr post(although u may be highly intelectual yr argument was weak and brought in things of no relevance).

But as for me i have to go work out so have fun with chad.

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 21 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Owned

Yes u r owned, its ok. But 1 question.... Do u whipe chad's arse for him too?? Or do u jsut do everything else and drool all over him??

Chad= Cheerleader

#33 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

Ah yes, the old "anyone who sticks up for a guy must want his balls" insult. I'm not gonna argue with you. Why would I even want to waste my time arguing with someone who actually said his favorite part of the season was when Chad got injured and was writhing in pain during the Houston game? That's just a waste of my time. You did get owned, BTW.

#34 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:49 PM

Closing my own thread (yep, special me, I can do that). BestHands, you have to stop making personal attacks that way we can carry on a debate.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users