NYJetsFan.com Forums: This Guy Butchers Mark Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Guy Butchers Mark Sanchez More uninformed bullsh*t

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Tuck's Takes: Sanchez's smile only goes so far; rookie camps the rage

Good news, Jets fans. Your new franchise quarterback is one of the most endearing and personable individuals to enter the NFL in quite some time.

How else can you explain the spiked interest in Mark Sanchez over the final three weeks of April and the post-draft buzz surrounding the No. 5 pick? Best I can tell, no games were played during that time, yet Sanchez's stock rose as if he had led his team to some secret spring national championship.

Instead, it appears as if Sanchez was able to dazzle a number of NFL decision makers based upon his personal interaction with them at team facilities and fancy dinners. Stake your future to Sanchez over a steak at Ruth's Chris? Sign the Jets up. Sanchez is a good looking guy who does and says all the right things. His intoxicating personality left owners like Woody Johnson and Dan Snyder smitten. But is that the best way to evaluate a quarterback?

Intangibles are vitally important at every position in the NFL, especially at quarterback, and the reports from Jets camp indicate Sanchez is already holding private meetings with skill players and linemen to make sure they are on the same page. That is a great sign, but at what point can a guy's charisma and the way he handles himself overtake his on-field production? In other words, the intangibles are important but don't forget about the tangibles.

Sanchez is thought to have a strong enough arm to make all of the throws in the NFL, but it is not nearly as strong as the bazooka Matthew Stafford possesses. And Sanchez didn't start three years, like Stafford did in the SEC, because he was unable to beat out John David Booty during his time in at USC. Winning your starting job in college isn't necessarily a prerequisite for success in the NFL (Matt Cassel, Joe Flacco, etc.), but it can't be taken as a good sign that Sanchez couldn't keep the job even after Booty went down with an injury for several games.

I can't remember the last time a player's stock rose so much and he became so sought after based upon what he did at dinners rather than on an actual field. This is football, after all, and you aren't looking for a sales guy in the office that you want to be good with clients or in the board room. Personality can only take you so far. At some point you have to just produce, or else the fan base will turn on you and your charisma will no longer matter. Just ask another former Jets quarterback by the name of Favre.

#2 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

Belly.gif Who's the arse that wrote this?
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#3 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

I think he needs a better dictionary to define tangible vs. intangible.

The intangibles are always the hard part. Having the charisma and the savvy to call his teammates to a meeting so they can work things out is a sign that he is working on his tangibles now.

I do agree with some parts though. I said last week that I was simply uncomfortable because his stock rose from things that don't matter on a football field.

#4 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

This guy brings up a bunch of solid and good points. I agree with most the article and have had the same thoughts about Sanchez in general before we even drafted him. I still have no idea how is stock kept rising out of nowhere. So Sanchez better prove his worth, I hope he does, cus i cant stand another era of mediocre qbing.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:23 AM

How come people think his stock rose from non football related things?.. What made this cats stock rise was his awesome combine. Unlike 90% of all the prospects there he did every single drill that a Q.B is supposed to do. A lot of prospects skip drills their not good at. This guy did everything. He was LIGHTS OUT in his passing drills. At his pro-day the dude was jumping through hoola-hoops for coaches and evaluators and passed with flying colors.

Sure he's witty,smart and charismatic but the guy is a football player. People were marveling at his footwork that takes most YEARS to develop. Having proper footwork is the difference sometimes between being a starter and riding the bench. Kellen wishes he had Sanchez's footwork. He was sought after also because of his leadership ability and poise. Dude is excellent in the pocket.

How can someone say his stock rose on "non football matters"? Thats just crazy!

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

Who wrote that??? The only reason Sanchez was getting overlooked at first was his 16 starts, teams had to figure out if that was enough or not. His footwork and bodymakup is some of the best to come out of college, he has a perfect release also. Hes accurate, he had TREMENDOUS onfield production, he tore up Penn State. 34 TDs 4 INTs last year. Thats not on the field production? Idk what is then. Stafford may have seen more coverages, but Sanchez is ahead of him in regards of mechanics and understandment of an NFL QB because of the coaches that have coached Sanchez.

His stock flew up once people realized that his 16 starts weren't a negative thing, they realized how mature he was. They knew he was a stud on the field, but they saw that he had a great knowledge of the game and is a very coachable player. Also like I said, his overall mechanics like footwork and release point are awesome for a QB so young.

And with arm strength, since when has a QB NEEDED to have elite arm strength. Thats what he is saying by saying "his arm strength isn't as good as Stafford". Well Stafford is already one of the elites in regards to arm strength in the NFL, not many have as good as an arm as Stafford. But does that mean he'll be great? No. The 3 best QBs in football, actually the top 5 QBs in football don't have elite arm strength.

He easily has more talent than Booty ever had, I heard that Pete Carroll likes playing his older players when it comes to QB. It was never that Booty was the better player, he might of been more knowledgeable of the system and stuff. But Sanchez easily is better than Booty.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ May 7 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How come people think his stock rose from non football related things?.. What made this cats stock rise was his awesome combine. Unlike 90% of all the prospects there he did every single drill that a Q.B is supposed to do. A lot of prospects skip drills their not good at. This guy did everything. He was LIGHTS OUT in his passing drills. At his pro-day the dude was jumping through hoola-hoops for coaches and evaluators and passed with flying colors.

Sure he's witty,smart and charismatic but the guy is a football player. People were marveling at his footwork that takes most YEARS to develop. Having proper footwork is the difference sometimes between being a starter and riding the bench. Kellen wishes he had Sanchez's footwork. He was sought after also because of his leadership ability and poise. Dude is excellent in the pocket.

How did his stock rise on non football related stuff?

Exactly Dubb. You wanna know how people's stock rises in that time? It's called the combine and private workouts. People were raving about how good this kid throws the ball and how awesome he is at throwing on the run. He's accurate as hell and he has more than enough arm strength to make every throw necessary.

These people are idiots. Arm strength has been so over rated since Pennington played with his torn rotator cuff. Lord knows what they'd say about Joe Montana. How about Tom Brady? Sounds pretty much like the same circumstances. Couldn't beat out a QB that wanted to play baseball in Drew Henson? What gives!?

Man f*** this shit. There's always someone looking to shit on the parade. The general consensus, and by general I mean there's 100% love for this kid from everyone's opinion that matters, is that he's gonna be a great pro player and that we got a perfect fit for us. So I don't care what these assholes have to say about it.

#8 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

Even after dazzling at private workouts, some mocks still had him on the board at 17 for us. The Jets loved him because of what he showed on the field and in the private meeting with the playbook. But in the weeks leading up to the draft, he soared because of how well he can work a TV camera.

#9 User is offline   CoachasaurusREX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

I disagree with this guy on several points, and applaud him for others.

First to say his stock rose on personality and a pretty face is naive and ignorant, even I know that he wowed coaches in private workouts. But to think how fast his stock rose is concerning that perhaps it was more than physical talents that attributed to it. My worry is that he is a workout warrior who may bi in over his head when actually on the field. Guys I can talk to you about hitting a baseball for hours. The mechanics, the strategies, the approach. But put me in that batters box and put even an amateur pitcher on the mound and I'm useless. The point is you can wow in the workouts, dazzle in practice, and even know the playbook like you know how to spell your own name, but once you are under center its a different experience entirely. I buy that perhaps his stock rose too fast.
Evolution:
Ihatehataz->HermIsMyHero->ManginiIsMyFather->CoachasaurusREX

#10 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

I find it amusing that he's upset about Mark Sanchez' stock rising for no reason, and he's the one that's full of hot air.

This guy doesn't sound like he was in the war room for any NFL franchise.

He's acting as if Mark Sanchez was the first guy to rise on draft boards.

#11 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

when you talk about his stock rising, he was still considered a first round pick anyway!!!

btw i agree with dubb, footwork is excellent... better than some starting qbs in the nfl today
ColesReturns87

#12 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (LeonhardSkynyrd36 @ May 7 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when you talk about his stock rising, he was still considered a first round pick anyway!!!

You know what, he's right.

Poise and character ABSOLUTELY elevate the stock of a 1st round QB to where he was picked.

#13 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

Sanchez's stock didn't rise out of no where.

Sanchez started as the #2 QB in the draft, regardless.

People didn't have the complete inside scoop on him, as he wasn't expected to come out this year. So after people went back, watched some tape, talked to Carroll (believe it or not Pete spoke highly about Sanchez's talent and personality) Sanchez began his rise.

Then he was the only QB in years to do any drill and every drill the NFL scouts wanted him to. He didn't just do them either, he impressed in them.

Add that, to his obviously savvy in front of the camera, and more people watching his tape.

The only knock people could come up with was the 16 starts. I hate to say it, but practice time at SC is pretty much game time. He lined up against a team of Sunday players day in, day out since he was there.

Sanchez is NFL ready, and he has shown that. But I do agree, don't get crazy about how he looked in the camp... he was in shorts, and its just rookie camp.

#14 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I have read this thread . Cool.png
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#15 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

Here's the question... who's opinion of what his quote-unquote "STOCK" was before the draft are we basing our opinions on? Is it the mock drafts that joe shmoe writes up all winter? I'm guessing it is. Just because the moron behind his computer says Sanchez is late first and he goes Top 5 doesn't mean that his stock rose. He was widely considered the best QB in the draft. The Lions took Stafford because he's the safer pick and because of his arm strength. But I'll tell you, I watched Stafford play and I wasn't that impressed with him.

But whatever, the funny thing is this guy is talking about Sanchez's stock like he knows what he's talking about. Sanchez was the most coveted player in the draft with many teams wanting in on drafting him. St Louis wanted him at 2 but chose to stay with what people consider the smart pick at LT. But to each his own. I'm just curious as to who's stock value chart is this guy basing his opinion on.

#16 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ May 7 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the question... who's opinion of what his quote-unquote "STOCK" was before the draft are we basing our opinions on? Is it the mock drafts that joe shmoe writes up all winter? I'm guessing it is. Just because the moron behind his computer says Sanchez is late first and he goes Top 5 doesn't mean that his stock rose. He was widely considered the best QB in the draft. The Lions took Stafford because he's the safer pick and because of his arm strength. But I'll tell you, I watched Stafford play and I wasn't that impressed with him.

But whatever, the funny thing is this guy is talking about Sanchez's stock like he knows what he's talking about. Sanchez was the most coveted player in the draft with many teams wanting in on drafting him. St Louis wanted him at 2 but chose to stay with what people consider the smart pick at LT. But to each his own. I'm just curious as to who's stock value chart is this guy basing his opinion on.

You are wrong. Sanchez was not considered the best QB in the draft until his "stock" began to rise. I've also seen Stafford alot, and they are 1A, 1B. Both have their flaws, both have theirs strengths.

That being said, Sanchez was a projected 15-20 when he FIRST entered, and he didn't just skyrocket like people think.. he slowly climbed up to the top 10.

#17 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ May 7 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beat me to it. There is a reason Mel Kiper is working for ESPN and not an NFL scouting department.

Sanchez stock didn't sky rocket because of his intangibles solely...though really, since when did intangibles become a bad thing? I always thought it was the "it" factor that separated the men from the boys...especially with QB's.
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Tater Salad Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ May 7 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are wrong. Sanchez was not considered the best QB in the draft until his "stock" began to rise. I've also seen Stafford alot, and they are 1A, 1B. Both have their flaws, both have theirs strengths.

That being said, Sanchez was a projected 15-20 when he FIRST entered, and he didn't just skyrocket like people think.. he slowly climbed up to the top 10.

I dunno, Kiper had him high the whole time.

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

look how much youngs stock rose due to 1 game and some nice drills and he failed as a QB so far. sanchez will have to prove his worth but in my opinion he has a better chance then stafford just cause he has a better team and coaching staff around him
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   KPHIL28 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:The Jets and beating up Red Sox fans (the worst people on the face of the planet).

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:15 PM

I remember another guy who's stock rose do to the combine, Vernon Gholston, all muscles, no game haha. Sorry, I sure as hell hope both these guys don't flop on their faces this year. We need them both to soar to be in the hunt
"What's the Soup Du Jour?" That's the soup of the day. That sounds good I 'll have that"
(DUMB AND DUMBER)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users