NYJetsFan.com Forums: Coles On Favre: The Jugs Machine Throws Harder - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) you wanna get nuts?!?! COME ON LETS GET NUTS
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) LUDOGRETS CHOO CHOOO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) PARADE FOR RAIL
santana Icon : (Today, 04:14 PM) ludogorets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) #PARADEFORRAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coles On Favre: The Jugs Machine Throws Harder Holy Shit!!!

#1 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

COLES ON FAVRE: THE JUGS MACHINE THROWS HARDER
Posted by Josh Alper on December 7, 2008, 8:32 p.m.

As if the Jets woeful play over the last two weeks wasn’t enough for them to worry about, they may have a little problem in the locker room when Brett Favre hears what Laveranues Coles had to say about him.

John Crumpacker of the San Francisco Chronicle (via Fanhouse) shared some comments that Coles made before today’s 24-14 loss to the 49ers. Coles thinks that Favre’s reputation as a good quarterback with a strong arm isn’t justified.

“I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else … Of course he’s the big name, he’s the Hall of Famer, he’s going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don’t really get it.”

Coles, who bemoaned the loss of Chad Pennington after the Favre trade, is also unhappy with his role in the offense.

“We’re in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. … I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for … This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy … in position to get the ball most of the time.”

Coles is second on the team with 56 catches for 620 yards. Jerricho Cotchery, with 59 and 702, leads in both categories. Coles has scored six times, however, which is best on the Jets and one shy of his career best in that category.

#2 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

uh oh

#3 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

Thats what happens when you're losing and stinking up the field on Sundays. Well, the past 2 Sundays. Start winning again and all that bitching will stop. 9-7 is what our record will be. looking like a 1st round playoff knockout team right now.

#4 User is offline   Joecreed Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

No way do you make the playoffs with just 9 wins this season. Not happening.

#5 User is offline   NyJeTsFaNx93 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

screw coles the big mouth moron... talk about a locker room cancer.... unbelievable

NOW ACCEPTING ORDERS!

www.halloffamecustoms.com

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

everytime i want to start liking coles he give me another reason to dislike him. i dont hate him but he whines WAY WAY WAY too much. His career high is 7 tds' hes close to that, and he starts complaining? He isnt even on the level of Chad Johnson in top receiver's(not including this season, because overall Chad still better but statistically not this year) and he starts crying about the offense? Hey coles, the offense was way too predictable with the ball just going to you, getting other people the ball gets more yards and means more people to worry about, which guess what, means less double coverage for you and better opportunities to make plays. Quality over quanity. Shutup and play im sick and tired of it. If we get rid of Coles after this year I would not be upset, its getting rediculous.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

This was said before the game?????? WOW!!! no wonder their falling apart. The locker room has just been divided. Coles b*tched about his money and we gave it to him. Now he's starting up with this sh*t?

Oh man.. were so f*cked!

Thank God for Jack Daniels

#8 User is offline   mgjetman Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:03 AM

First off Coles needs to get open against single coverage, maybe if he could consistantly draw double coverage and run them down-field more than 10 yrds might help too. As for Brett, it isn't like he has all day to throw like Cutler and the 49's QB back there cooking steaks and sighning autographs!

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

Atfer I thought about this. I call this article bogus! Show me a link signal.

#10 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:07 AM

we need a real receiver. coles and cotch arent cutting it kids. if we lose either of them it will revert to complete garbage... we dont have a heavy hitter coles is past his prime... and cotch cant escape out of double coverage to save his life.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#11 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:36 AM

sanfrancisco chronicle yesterday

Coles not a big Favre fan
John Crumpacker

Sunday, December 7, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Print E-mail del.icio.us
Digg
Technorati
Reddit
Facebook Slashdot
Fark
Newsvine
Google Bookmarks
Yahoo! Buzz
Share Comments Georgia (default)
Verdana
Times New Roman
ArialFont | Size:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(12-06) 18:39 PST -- Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems.

More Sports
Winter meeting gambles might be conservative 12.07.08
49ers notebook: Gore hurt but happy 12.07.08
SPORTS CALENDAR 12.08.08
No. 24 Pitt tops 8th-ranked Terps 12.08.08

Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters:

"We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for."

There's more:

"This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time."

It gets better:

"I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else."

And, in signing off:

"Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."

Poor, forgotten man Coles has 55 receptions for 615 yards and six touchdowns this season. The TD total is the second-highest of his nine-year career.

- John Crumpacker

This article appeared on page C - 4 of the San Francisco Chronicle
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   mangold107 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

hey, Coles, how about you shut the F UCK up and get open. we do not have a wr that can get open at all..

#13 User is offline   twisted310 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (mangold107 @ Dec 8 2008, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, Coles, how about you shut the F UCK up and get open. we do not have a wr that can get open at all..

Amen

#14 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:20 AM

A little clarity on this....

Laveranues Coles is on the phone line from New York when he interrupts to turn to someone else in the locker room.

"Hey, Brett," he says. "What do you think the first question was?"

In the background is the distinct voice of a certain three-time MVP.

"What's it like to play with Brett Favre?" Brett Favre says.

"You got it," Coles tells him.

Well, sure. On a conference call to talk about the Jets trip to San Francisco on Sunday, it was inevitable that Bay Area reporters would ask about the quarterback who has helped fuel New York’s 8-4 start.

Favre is 11-1 lifetime against the 49ers (7-0 regular season, 4-1 in the playoffs).

But Coles rankled a bit when pressed about the quarterback. He is a Favre fan but he pointed out all the other reasons the Jets have a one-game lead in the AFC East. Anybody who knows about football, he said, would notice the other things.

Thomas Jones has 1,088 rushing yards, 11 touchdowns and averages 4.7 yards per carry.

Defensive lineman Kris Jenkins is a contender for defensive player of the year. Linebacker Calvin Pace has five sacks and three forced fumbles. Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and D’Brickashaw Ferguson lead a formidable offensive unit.

“I could go on and on,’’ he said. “We have a cast of guys here that have stepped up and made plays for ths ballclub week in and week out. Of course, (Favre) is the big name, he’s a Hall-of-Famer. He’s going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don’t really get it.”

As for that Favre guy, Coles praised him but stopped short of fawning. In fact, he pointed out that backup quarterback Kellen Clemens has a strong arm, too. Overall, he said the hardest balls thrown his way come from the Jugs machine.

Still, the Jugs machine trails Favre by a wide margin in the MVP race. The former Packers star has 2,708 yards, 20 touchdown passes, 14 interceptions and a 90.4 quarterback rating.

After a shaky start, he has just two interceptions over his past four games.

Coach Eric Mangini, who also held a conference call, said it took a while for the offense to get in sync because Favre was so accustomed to his previous system.

"He was like a rookie again," Mangini said.

#15 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Dec 8 2008, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A little clarity on this....

Laveranues Coles is on the phone line from New York when he interrupts to turn to someone else in the locker room.

“Hey, Brett,’’ he says. “What do you think the first question was?”

In the background is the distinct voice of a certain three-time MVP.

“’What’s it like to play with Brett Favre’?” Brett Favre says.

“You got it,” Coles tells him.

Well, sure. On a conference call to talk about the Jets trip to San Francisco on Sunday, it was inevitable that Bay Area reporters would ask about the quarterback who has helped fuel New York’s 8-4 start.

Favre is 11-1 lifetime against the 49ers (7-0 regular season, 4-1 in the playoffs).

But Coles rankled a bit when pressed about the quarterback. He is a Favre fan but he pointed out all the other reasons the Jets have a one-game lead in the AFC East. Anybody who knows about football, he said, would notice the other things.

Thomas Jones has 1,088 rushing yards, 11 touchdowns and averages 4.7 yards per carry.

Defensive lineman Kris Jenkins is a contender for defensive player of the year. Linebacker Calvin Pace has five sacks and three forced fumbles. Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and D’Brickashaw Ferguson lead a formidable offensive unit.

“I could go on and on,’’ he said. “We have a cast of guys here that have stepped up and made plays for ths ballclub week in and week out. Of course, (Favre) is the big name, he’s a Hall-of-Famer. He’s going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don’t really get it.”

As for that Favre guy, Coles praised him but stopped short of fawning. In fact, he pointed out that backup quarterback Kellen Clemens has a strong arm, too. Overall, he said the hardest balls thrown his way come from the Jugs machine.

Still, the Jugs machine trails Favre by a wide margin in the MVP race. The former Packers star has 2,708 yards, 20 touchdown passes, 14 interceptions and a 90.4 quarterback rating.

After a shaky start, he has just two interceptions over his past four games.

Coach Eric Mangini, who also held a conference call, said it took a while for the offense to get in sync because Favre was so accustomed to his previous system.

“He was like a rookie again,’’ Mangini said.

Thank you, Leon.

I fucking hate how every time Coles gets misquoted every one here wants to jump down his throat.

When everyone was bitching because he refused to speak to the media after the Favre trade, things got out of hand.

Hopefully now you all see WHY he didn't speak to the media. He says something, and then some tabloid, gossip queen writers want to start some bulshit under the guise of legitimate journalism.

It's fucking ridiculous. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

#16 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:17 AM

OK like a pendulum we have swung from HOF QB to wishing Chad was back there mixing it up with play action and connecting with coles again. somebody push it the other way please.otherwise Miami is going to the playoffs and we are not.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#17 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

I hope that Coles is not another Terrell Owens. Please, please don't be true.....we need a leader to pull this team together right now.....not another cancer....

#18 User is offline   GreenRebel Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

From Cimini:

From what I hear, the Laveranues Coles comments about Brett Favre have created a buzz back in New York. Here is a complete transcript of the conference call. You will notice that most of the so-called inflammatory comments were taken out of context by the San Francisco Chronicle.

Here’s the back story: Moments before Coles did the conference call, he and Favre were joking with each other in the Jets’ locker room. At one point, Favre, jokingly, told Coles to tell the San Francisco media how they don’t get along with each other.

Here’s the complete transcript. You be the judge:

RE: What do you think about Brett Favre professionally?

“Well, I just finished talking to him about it and the first thing he said is ‘Can you all go through an interview without everybody asking you about me.’ And I just told him, no, you’re the first thing off the bat and you opened up and now that is what you asked me. But, I mean it’s just like with anybody else. He’s your quarterback just like every other teammate coming to work every day. You work hard at trying to build your craft.”

RE: Can you compare where you are with him in the offense right now versus at the beginning of the season. Is the chemistry dramatically better than what it was in September?

“I think we’re still learning each other. We didn’t spend a lot of the off-season together. We didn’t get to spend none of the preseason time together working together, because I was injured during the first part of the year. I think each day that we do get the opportunity to work together we’re still trying to figure out what each other’s likes and dislikes are. We’re still trying to learn each other.”

RE: What are the differences in how you’re being used? Is there any difference from how…?

“Well of course, I mean it’s different. Now, we’re in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me in the past where most of the offense ran through me. Now that we have a lot of guys that can make plays, and now all of our skill positions are making plays, now I just kind of become just a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for. So my role is drastically changed based on the order of importance of the football coming to me.”

RE: And has that been difficult for you to handle?

“No, I’m not a fussy guy. I mean whenever you have guys that can make plays and give us an opportunity to win, just like I feel like I do, then there really isn’t much that you can say. You just sit back and take a role. The coaching staff has been pleased with the way I’ve handled things, and that’s all you can look forward to with that - being looked upon as a great teammate and a great team player.”

RE: What is that role? You said you were a role player but what role do you serve now?

“Basically, you just follow the plays around [Brett Favre]. This is his offense. Our running game has taken off and then when we do throw the ball, there’s really no level of importance, where at one point in time it used to be where I was the guy that was put in the position to get the ball most of the time. Now I just play my role and if the team decides to take me away, we’ve got other guys that make plays. Basically, I just do what I’m supposed to do and that’s my role.”

RE: How challenging is it for a receiver to adjust to a quarterback with his arm strength? Is the ball on you more quickly than you’re used to? Is it harder to catch? That sort of thing.

“No, it’s the same thing. I mean it’s football. Anytime you’re playing ball, a lot of the guys have good arm strength. Kellen Clemens has a strong arm and other guys have strong arms. Day in and day out I catch balls from the Jugs Machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else, so there’s nothing different about it.”
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:03 AM

Do you ask stupid questions week in and week out as you are told to do or is that the limit to your intelligence ? biggrin.gif
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#20 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Dec 7 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats what happens when you're losing and stinking up the field on Sundays. Well, the past 2 Sundays. Start winning again and all that bitching will stop. 9-7 is what our record will be. looking like a 1st round playoff knockout team right now.

The minute any team not in the afc west loses its 7th game, it's playoff hopes are dead.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users