NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is Vinny A Hall Of Famer - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Is Vinny A Hall Of Famer

#41 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

this guy is unbelievable...he is going to say that everyone who disagrees with him (almost everyone here) isnt a real jets fan and he is? thats ridiculous. and u guys can take his terrible posts and chalk it up to writing style all you want, but if u call someone a faggOt, then atleast spell it right. not one intelligent thing has come out of you in this entire thread and you need to stop before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself.

by the way...you remind me of a certain poster named nyjf. what happened to him when he came on blindly insulting people and looking for a fight? banished to the celler thats what lol.....

like the 12 YEAR OLD (who has shown 10 times the maturity of you so far) said, you can potentially add to this site like everyone else, but start now by ending all the insulting and respond to people intelligently. whether that be with specific stats, and just general comparisons or whatever. just change this around.

#42 User is offline   JetsRock1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Playing and watching football, Working out,sleeping

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

NO I dont think Vinny is a Hall of Famer but I think this topic should be closed before this gets more personal then it already is.

#43 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

I had enough of this. I'm banning him for 30 days to start. Let him take the 30 days to grow up a little.

#44 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (ronnydynamic @ May 15 2005, 09:16 PM)
I had enough of this.  I'm banning him for 30 days to start.  Let him take the 30 days to grow up a little.

What a let down, he is my favorite member now. SMC, you are a pretender and you need to go.

Oh dear...I really can't stop laughing, this is the best thread ever. Some sad, rainy day when nothing is going right...I'm going to come back to this thread and by the time I read through it all...I'll be so sprite as to jump in their air and click my heels!

#45 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:21 AM

But what, really, I don't get it.
So Vinny goes, he was starting to get lousy in Chad's absense, and goes to the Cowboys.We still love him and I do.
So Laveranues Coles goes, he was peaking, the best of his carrer was starting to show, and along with it Pennington's ability was shown to the world. It seems all of you then would've loved to murder him, he was the worst guy on Earth, I could tell from the old site when I was just reading all your threads as a guest and then joined. So why love Vinny and he goes when he is starting to get lousy, and hate Coles when he is peaking?
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#46 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:54 AM

Vinny left because he was released. Coles left for money. He was offered a contract. Vinny didn't leave because he got a better deal in Dallas.

That being said...you can't fault Coles for leaving. He went with the money. I wasn't happy, and I hated him, but I think that anyone would have done the same thing in that situation. If you don't think Chad would have left if the Jets didn't offer him what he was worth and another team offered MORE than he was worth, then you're crazy.

#47 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

Well his first year there Coles played like he deserved that money. But Coles wasn't resigned, something he coulda easily been, but the Redskinds just offered a contract so huge that it was too late. The Jets should've gotten him long before the Skins offered the contract, but all that matter is he's back.
Vinny wasn't really as great as he was also, so he had to get released, he did kinda screw the 2003 season in the beginning, I mean it wasn't entirly his fault, we had the injuries everywhere.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#48 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ May 16 2005, 08:38 AM)
Well his first year there Coles played like he deserved that money. But Coles wasn't resigned, something he coulda easily been, but the Redskinds just offered a contract so huge that it was too late. The Jets should've gotten him long before the Skins offered the contract, but all that matter is he's back.
Vinny wasn't really as great as he was also, so he had to get released, he did kinda screw the 2003 season in the beginning, I mean it wasn't entirly his fault, we had the injuries everywhere.

Coles didn't so anything spectacular his first year. I don't even think he played. He didn't do anything until his 3rd year (2002). He was drafted in 2000. He was offered a contract, the redskins offered him a bigger contract, and the jets opted not to match it.

Vinny started to go downhill at the begining of 2002. That is the year Chad broke out during and after the Jacksonville game.

But the point is, you asked why there is a lot of love for Vinny and a lot of annimosity toward Coles. The simple answer is that Coles left for the money, Vinny left because he wasn't retained by the organization.

#49 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

In first year I went in Wahington, he pretty much duplcated 2002 with less yards and more catches.

#50 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

like a few of you said....I love vinny, we had some good times with him, but realistically he is not a hall of famer. Look at the Hall of fame QB's...namath, unitas, tarkenton, bradshaw, the new ones marino and young...you cant really put vinny on that list.
user posted image

#51 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:03 AM

also, does vinny even have a job yet?
user posted image

#52 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

Nope, never, aint gonna happen. Vinny might of had some awesome games, but his stats suck (INT ratio is HORRIBLE) and he was never a dominant player.

Does anyone remember the Dallas game last season when Vinny was like on the 5 yard line at the end of a losing game and threw an INT that went ALL THE WAY BACK FOR A TD? Well that idiot assho1e lost me my fantasy game because of that! I remember saying all that Vinny has to do is NOT throw an INT for a TD and I will win this week, but with 3mins left to play what does he do? Telegraphs the F'N BALL to the TE! Stupid idiot. That's why he will never be in the hall of fame. He has probably thrown more INTs that went for TD's then anyone ever!

#53 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

Fancy little statistic for ya's.

TD's to INT's
=================
Vinny: 268/255 career rating of 75.4- That's almost a 50% ratio. Very bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manning: 216/120 career rating of 92.3 - That is a great ratio. Very good. He has nearly thrown as many TD's in 8 years as Vinny did in 18 :shok:.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favre: 376/226 career rating of 87.4 - :shok: Thats a whole hellovalot of TD's. His ratio as well is pretty damn good. I dont care what anyone says about him, Favre is a dominator and one of the best QB's to ever play.
Young: 232/107 career rating of 96.8 / Rushed for 43 TD's. :shok: That's a hall of famer right there. He holds the record for 6 TD's passed in the Superbowl. Not bad for a player that entered the supplemental draft!
Montana: 273/139 career rating of 92.3 / 4 Rings! / Best QB ever! 'Nuff said!
Marino: 420/252 :shok: career rating of 86.4 / career passing leader in attempts, completions, and yards. Was for TD's until Manning beat him out by 1 TD.

I hope you can see the compared stats for HOFer's and Vinny Testicles.
He has alot of yards because he has played for a very long time, but also he is one of those guys that lives and dies by the deep ball. He has a "balls to the wall" attitude. "Live or Die". Whatever phrase floats your boat, that is his whole MO. Half of the time he will throw a TD and the other half he will throw an INT. No way in hell is he Hall Of Fame material ... why is this even a discussion?

#54 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:52 PM

YES he is going to get thare.
Posted Image

#55 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

In my opinion, Jetson, you're an ass. I respect everyones opinion, and I agree with you that he is not going to Canton. But Vinny is a class-act, and a Jet at heart. I have been listening to you disrespect a man who has brought us the closest to a Superbowl since Joe and has done a lot of great things for this organization. Vinny Testicles? Are you in 5th grade?

Part of the reason (admittedly not all of it) was the fact that he has been on INCREDIBLY horrible teams. When he took over the Jets had finished 2-14 (or was it 1-15) the previous year. He played for the Browns and the Bucs in their early years. Stats do not tell the whole tale. If you want to live and die by stats, Namath would have never made it to Canton either.

#56 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:49 PM

Jets0n, what the hell is with Vinny Testicles? That isn't funny, that is just plain retarded right there.
VinnyTheGinny, Namath would never have made it to Canton with the stats he had is what you said, and what you said is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooo to true. He never even finshed top 10 in any passing catagory for his carrer, now he did become the first with 4,000 yards, but Maynard ans Sauer were great guys to throw to. Vinny is in the top 10 in yards, has thrown for 4,000 yards with worse recievers, so really Vinny should go in, but of course we never woulda knew what Joe woulda done if it hadn't been for his knees.

#57 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

Vinny is not a Hall of Famer just drop it

#58 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

LOL ... jets0n is how it is spelled dude! Anyway, if you can't take a joke then you need to remove whatever is lodged in your ass! You are the one with a racial slur in your name. Yeah that's right ginny, being Italian I probably should care but I dont cause I have a sense of humor. You know the old verbage, "he who casts the first stone". Very hypocritical of you to bust my balls for saying Vinny Testicles when you're name is calling Vinny a ginny.

#59 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

I'm locking this topic due to kids not playing nice. crazy.gif

• (3 Pages)