NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why The Jets Will Beat The Titans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:36 PM) If someone calls me an idiot or moron or stupid over a football debate it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But when you make things personal like with racist things or family crap its a whole different level
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:36 PM) I felt my FLiHi remark was as "harmless" as you did calling another person a Moron and stupid because they didn't agree with your opinion
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:38 PM) my friends and I call each other morons and stupid an laugh at each other when we do something stupid like when we are drinking. It means nothing. and we laugh about it because its harmless. I'm trying to tell you this is a big difference between what you say to people and what others do.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Heck 115 rags me a lot and it doesnt bother me in the least. i rag him too. Same with GG2003 and SHJ. There is a difference between friendly banter and disagreements and crossing the line
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) So your opinion of the line is right and my opinion is wrong? Is that what your saying? I don't know you. I'm not a drinking buddy of yours. Maybe you should learn some social tact.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:47 PM) you felt it was harmless but you were the only one. Everyone else understood why I got was extremely offended about it the first time because you cross the line with what you say to people. Apparently you realized it enough to send me a long pm apologizing and having communication problems that get you in trouble sometimes. But now you cant understand the difference?
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:48 PM) I understand why. What I'm saying is if you take a jab people will jab back. Have you heard that saying " dont throw rocks when you live in a glass house?"
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:49 PM) The way you understand things if I call you an idiot about not wanting to trade for a high end qb its no different from me disrespecting your family. Thats what Im getting from you. So the way you see things everything is equally personal
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:50 PM) From complete strangers on an Internet forum? Yes. Man up
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:51 PM) Nod the debate was if he is a "high end" player. I thought he was well above average but not worth a 6th overall pick
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:55 PM) Not worth my time to even acknowledge anymore. Just going to ignore you like I do Mr. Jet. You have a lot of mental growing up to do.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) That's funny coming from a guy who went butt f*** crazy a couple hours ago
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) Meanwhile you can't seem to respect that others opinions are different than yours
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:59 PM) You are emotionally weak. You went through some serious shit growing up and you can't adjust. You take it out on your keyboard.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) When someone challenges your immaturity you have a complete crazy freak out and act like a girl on her first period
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) Hence the "go wipe your pussy and man up comment
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 April 2015 - 10:16 PM) Please Rob, leave my name out of your little bitchfest.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 11:46 PM) My bad. You have been respecting my request to you I had a while backI made to you by us not commenting to each other to keep peace between us. I was totally in the wrong for bringing your name up at all and into an argument with member that has issues. I got furious furious with a child. I should've just ignored him like I do the other immature kids on some game forums and sites I belong to. Wont happen again. My apologies for bringing your name into it Mr. Jet.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:04 AM) Dude.... Get back on your meds.
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:47 AM) WTF? Really???
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:48 AM) Now back to our regular scheduled program......
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 08:08 AM) Lol that escalated quickly
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:24 AM) Rex is chirping again.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) He said he is going to try and kick the Shit out of the Jets
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) http://sports.yahoo....l8xBHNlYwNzcg--
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) I still like the guy. He's entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:25 PM) i miss rex. love his demeanor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM) i'd be happy if he kicks the shit out of miami and NE every year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I'm excited for the new coaching staff
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) Rex wsa fun, but he was too much with the defense instead of the entire football team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM) also he didn't always hold players accountable. I think Bowles will make the team more disciplined.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:50 AM) I don't have any faith in bowles
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:15 AM) “San Diego Chargers will ultimately make a deal with the Tennessee Titans for the number two overall pick. As part of that trade, the Chargers will send the number 17 overall pick and Philip Rivers, just as a start, for the number two pick.”
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:15 AM) Damn... Who called it? This guy.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:16 AM) http://national.sunt...s-mariota-trade
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:13 AM) So we would now lose out on maroita and rivers
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:13 AM) Ain't that super
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:39 PM) do we make a trade for AP?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) I believe the rivers stuff is all speculation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:38 PM) So a top ten qb and the 17th pick for the 2nd overall as a start? Makes sense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) So Many smokescreens this time of year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:08 PM) only 2 more weeks before we find out. draft day will be exciting
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) my money is we'll take a pass rushing OLB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:08 PM) Yup, unless they trade up.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why The Jets Will Beat The Titans By Roy S. Johnson / Y! Sports Blogs

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Why the Jets will beat the Titans
By Roy S. Johnson / Y! Sports Blogs

It's over. The Tennessee Titans are toast. The old-as-dirt Dolphins will raise a glass come Sunday afternoon because the undefeated will be no more.

Yeah, I'm sayin' it. The New York Jets will beat the Titans this Sunday to dash the NFL's last unbeaten team.

The Titans are the 11th team since 1970 to go 10-0. Seven of the previous 10 went to the Super Bowl. Five were Super Bowl champs.

But this isn't about the Super Bowl; it's about Sunday. And on that day, the Titans will be losers.

I love both teams. I love the Titans because Jeff Fisher has created an old-school unit with new-school juice. They play leather-helmet defense and are guided by a geriatric QB (Kerry Collins) who's been cast away more times than Tom Hanks. And yet in guys like their Hammer and Sickle running backs LenDale White and Chris Johnson, third- and first-year kiddies they embody a youthful exuberance that doesn't seem to know any better.

I haven't always been able to say I love the Jets. They've been erratic and confounding, but that's pretty much Brett Favre's dossier. You knew when he was acquired that he would either bring you glory or gore. Eighteen touchdown passes, 12 picks. Favre from perfect, but the Jets are 7-3 and leading the AFC East.

So these are two good teams playing a game that has little long-term implications for either. No matter what happens Sunday, both will remain in contention for first-round playoff byes and storybook playoff runs.

But this isn't about the playoffs; it's about Sunday.

There are some tangible reasons why the Jets will win. They are coming off a 34-31 overtime victory in Foxborough in which they exorcised demons against the rival Patriots. That was a purging triumph that allows the Jets to now play free from the burdens of their past. In other words, Sunday is gravy. Win or lose, they beat the Pats and that matters more.

Also, the Titans have proven themselves worthy of their record, winning successive road games the past two weeks. Back at home on Sunday, it'll become all about the record. At some point Sunday, they'll realize that while you indeed play to win the game, you really play to win the Super Bowl and a November loss when you've got "0" may not be such a bad thing.

More tangibly, the Jets will win because of their offensive and defensive lines. In a sense, they play misdirection football. While you're watching Favre and Thomas Jones (leading rusher in the AFC; bet you didn't know that), their offensive line has gelled into an almost immovable force that carves (for Jones) and protects (for Favre.)

On the other side of the ball, the Jets are equally immovable, allowing only 81.3 rushing yards per game fourth best in pro football. Johnson and White will have a good day, but not a great one. So before the afternoon sun sets, Collins will have to beat the Jets.

And he won't.

The Titans are stingy with points, allowing just 181 in their 10 games fewer than anyone in the NFL. But Favre will score enough.

Enough to win.

http://sports.yahoo....-the...?urn=top,123412

#2 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ooooh I was just about to post this. Finally someone is on our side. Undefeated no more. yahoo.gif

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

I am on our side said it last thursday.would like to see a few long balls thrown by Bret.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

Good read.

#5 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

Once again the media is setting the Jets up for unattainable expectations. Another huge disappointing loss is in the works people, you just know it's coming.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 20 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again the media is setting the Jets up for unattainable expectations. Another huge disappointing loss is in the works people, you just know it's coming.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

let some of us just enjoy the positive attention. biggrin.gif even if it's only for a week

#7 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

^HATERS!
[attachment=806:Body_Snatch.jpg]

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 20 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you looked at the Titans end of schedule?

I for one dont think they are quite good enough to go 16-0 being it has only been done once means the odds are not in their favor.Someone will beat them

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users