NYJetsFan.com Forums: Thats Why We Drafted Him - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:41 PM) It won't be a 4-0 like last time we played them.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) I was just trying to instill some hope
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) so that i can go hala madrid crazy later on
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Thats Why We Drafted Him Nugent

#21 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:49 PM

Nugent is becoming the man, 14 or 15 straight with 2 50+s in there and a game winner plus his kickoffs are going further. Definately has earned my avatar for the week.

#22 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Speedy @ Dec 26 2006, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol everything I say ends up being wrong? Why? Because the vast majority of this site has the back of their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat? If you think you're opinion is the only one that counts the you need to seriously get over yourself.

I need to get over myself? Practice what you preach dude.

Okay maybe not every single thing you say is wrong but you are wrong a lot of the time.

Well let's see you said, Chad was done....he won the starting job back.

Chad won't make it through the whole season.....this weekend's start will make it 16 for Pennington.

Nugent (who you called Nugget) was a bad draft pick and Doug Brien was better....now you've "flip flopped" and you're now saying "That's why we drafted him." As if we all didn't already know why he was drafted.

Nugent (then Nugget) didn't have the leg to kick a 50+ FG using last year's game against the Saints as an example when he missed a 53 yarder......He's 2 for 3 on 50+ yard FGs this season and hit a 54 yarder (his career long). Oh but I forgot stats are overrated, well that's until you use them to prove a point.

And my favorite you said the Jets would be 4-12 this season and would be last in the AFC East......the Jets have more then double the 4 wins you predicted and are one more win away from going to the playoffs.

And now your latest wrong statement "vast majority of this site has the back of their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat."

Many many people on this site are in no way Pennington Lovers. There are a lot of people here who criticize Pennington sometimes for very good reason and sometimes just because they would like to see their personal favorites playing for the Jets. "Maybe we can get Drew Brees" "Maybe we should make a trade for Philip Rivers" "Bring Testeverde back he still has one more year in him" "We HAVE to draft Matt Leinart!" Those should be some of 2006's best hits. By no means the "vast majority" of this site has "their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat."

On another note I do find it very disturbing that everything comes back to a penis with you. Why are you so obsessed with penises? Nevermind some questions are better left unanswered.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#23 User is offline   NYJBlueHen Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Did he pick on you in highschool or something, this is sounding very personal. Chill out.

#24 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Dec 26 2006, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay maybe not every single thing you say is wrong but you are wrong a lot of the time.

Chad won't make it through the whole season.....this weekend's start will make it 16 for Pennington.

Nugent (who you called Nugget) was a bad draft pick and Doug Brien was better....now you've "flip flopped" and you're now saying "That's why we drafted him." As if we all didn't already know why he was drafted.

Nugent (then Nugget) didn't have the leg to kick a 50+ FG using last year's game against the Saints as an example when he missed a 53 yarder......He's 2 for 3 on 50+ yard FGs this season and hit a 54 yarder (his career long). Oh but I forgot stats are overrated, well that's until you use them to prove a point.

And my favorite you said the Jets would be 4-12 this season and would be last in the AFC East......the Jets have more then double the 4 wins you predicted and are one more win away from going to the playoffs.

And now your latest wrong statement "vast majority of this site has the back of their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat."

Many many people on this site are in no way Pennington Lovers. There are a lot of people here who criticize Pennington sometimes for very good reason and sometimes just because they would like to see their personal favorites playing for the Jets. "Maybe we can get Drew Brees" "Maybe we should make a trade for Philip Rivers" "Bring Testeverde back he still has one more year in him" "We HAVE to draft Matt Leinart!" Those should be some of 2006's best hits. By no means the "vast majority" of this site has "their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat."

On another note I do find it very disturbing that everything comes back to a penis with you. Why are you so obsessed with penises? Nevermind some questions are better left unanswered.

I agree with many of the things you said, 'Ohfive has to admit that he's made many bad calls. At times, he has acted childish, especially with all the dick in the mouth sayings with Chad supporters.
You have to admit JetsOhFive, you act like only your opinion is right, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and a dicksucking dumbass. I have debated many issues with other board members on various things, and I do so with pleasure since we keep it peaceful, but you take it another level of stubborness. You always have to have the last opinion on everything, because to you it's always right, and you'll beat the issue to death.
During the Nugent wars, I looked at some of your posts. I could swear you wanted him to do bad. I did admit in some of my old posts that I was slightly biases towards Nugent because I met him and he's SUCH a nice guy, but you treated my posts like shit, that I was a retard, and sucked his dick. Well sir, I was right, I'm not gonna gloat, because I was confident in him all along and was sticking with him, so no point to do so.
With the Chad issue, I agree is some aspects of your arguement, he did lose lots of zip, but he was in the rain, lot harder to throw is crappy conditions.
When in the Summer you said we'd be 4-12 and last in the AFC East, I was right behind you on that. I thought we were going to do terrible this year. In the preseason and late training camp, I gained a little more confidence to maybe win 6 games, but no way we'd be in the playoffs. So I totally understand you 'Ohfive in that arguement.
Yet, what do you do when we're an easy win from the playoffs??? Cry and bitch about things. CAN ANYTHING SATISFY YOU??? We can easy win 2 and a half times as many games as you predicted, aren't you happy??? You're whining just as much as last year when we were actually 4-12 and last in our division. I think if you show you're happy of this team, you'll be more liked.
But will a mod please close this??? Already personal and off topic enough.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#25 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Dec 26 2006, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hysterical.gif
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Jet @ Dec 26 2006, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand that, but again, Its all predictions, not facts. Facts I usually do get right. Like when I say, Chad is playing like shit. And just because he takes the snap, doesnt mean he's leading the team to wins. I'm right when I say that, and I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to figure out.

Yeah, he's looking like a supreme, top of the line, pro bowl caliber quarterback right now.

Yup, he made it to my surprise and the surprise of many others.

Picked using a the teams first pick in the draft, in the 2nd round, while we already had a quality kicker who had a bad game, and over other important needs like TE, LB, OL, RB, S and NT...yeah that was a smart pick? And yeah, I rather have had Brien...you know why? Because the kicking game, dispite the name of the sport, is not as important as offense or defense. Maybe if we had a nice TE or a nice OT or OG it wouldn't have had to come down to a kick. That's the point. And the reason we drafted Nugent was not to just make field goals, contrary to what people think. His job was to make the big ones...and by big, I don't mean 50+...the ones that mean it all. The ones that mean the game, not the ones that mean just another 3 points. Last year he had a chance to hit one that meant the game and he missed it short. Thats why I was always on him, not because he wasn't good enough...he had fuckin better be good enough for us to have drafted him with our top pick.

I didn't say he didn't have the leg, obviously he made those kinds of kicks in practice and college so he clearly did have the leg. I questioned why people were giving me the line "If it was a 52 yarder, he would have hit it." That line basically says he only has enough leg from 52 and cant hit a 53. And I was trying to make a point that his leg wasn't the issue, his mind was. P.S. did I like make fun of your momma somewhere along the line because you take me very personal.

Yes but for some reason I'm not disapointed...I wonder why?

Wait you mock me last night for having no class over a JOKE(albeit, a corny one) and now you question my sexual preference. Thats a bit unclassy yourself, wouldn't you say? Don't worry though, It's alright, I'm as straight as a pencil.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Dec 26 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with many of the things you said, 'Ohfive has to admit that he's made many bad calls. At times, he has acted childish, especially with all the dick in the mouth sayings with Chad supporters.
You have to admit JetsOhFive, you act like only your opinion is right, anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong and a dicksucking dumbass. I have debated many issues with other board members on various things, and I do so with pleasure since we keep it peaceful, but you take it another level of stubborness. You always have to have the last opinion on everything, because to you it's always right, and you'll beat the issue to death.
During the Nugent wars, I looked at some of your posts. I could swear you wanted him to do bad. I did admit in some of my old posts that I was slightly biases towards Nugent because I met him and he's SUCH a nice guy, but you treated my posts like shit, that I was a retard, and sucked his dick. Well sir, I was right, I'm not gonna gloat, because I was confident in him all along and was sticking with him, so no point to do so.
With the Chad issue, I agree is some aspects of your arguement, he did lose lots of zip, but he was in the rain, lot harder to throw is crappy conditions.
When in the Summer you said we'd be 4-12 and last in the AFC East, I was right behind you on that. I thought we were going to do terrible this year. In the preseason and late training camp, I gained a little more confidence to maybe win 6 games, but no way we'd be in the playoffs. So I totally understand you 'Ohfive in that arguement.
Yet, what do you do when we're an easy win from the playoffs??? Cry and bitch about things. CAN ANYTHING SATISFY YOU??? We can easy win 2 and a half times as many games as you predicted, aren't you happy??? You're whining just as much as last year when we were actually 4-12 and last in our division. I think if you show you're happy of this team, you'll be more liked.
But will a mod please close this??? Already personal and off topic enough.

People are supposed to think that their own opinion is correct. It would be kinda silly if I came here and said Chad Pennington had a great game last night and really didn't believe that. I don't try to make it seem that no one is right but me, but if I do then I'm sorry. In reality, I do respect everyones opinion unless it's just asinine. But it is a debate board remember, and I will debate my opinion because I infact do think it's correct, and I try to convince others the same. It's just debating.

About the Chad Pennington nut lovers thing. Cmon man, you yourself...some people will just support him no matter how bad he does and make excuse after excuse after excuse for him. I mean, what does the guy have to do? Last night he played one of the worst games that I had ever seen a QB play, then I look at the Studs and Duds and people have him on there for studs? He makes one nice throw, and that does it for people? It seems that you, and others are just in love with the guy and will always go with the "Chad does no wrong" mentality and make an excuse when he does bad. The term nut lover may be childish, but hey, I'm 24, I have plenty of years to "Grow up".

And does anything satisfy me? Well after more then 15 years of waiting, I'd kinda like a to see the Jets win the Superbowl. That'll do it. I'm not going to be satisfied until that day man. Just because you guys are satisfied with the 9-6 record, doesn't mean I have to be. I'm going to look for what's wrong and how we can fix it. Someone has to right? There are always ways to make a team better.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Speedy @ Dec 26 2006, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand that, but again, Its all predictions, not facts. Facts I usually do get right. Like when I say, Chad is playing like shit. And just because he takes the snap, doesnt mean he's leading the team to wins. I'm right when I say that, and I don't understand why that is so hard for some people to figure out.
Yeah, he's looking like a supreme, top of the line, pro bowl caliber quarterback right now.
Yup, he made it to my surprise and the surprise of many others.
Picked using a the teams first pick in the draft, in the 2nd round, while we already had a quality kicker who had a bad game, and over other important needs like TE, LB, OL, RB, S and NT...yeah that was a smart pick? And yeah, I rather have had Brien...you know why? Because the kicking game, dispite the name of the sport, is not as important as offense or defense. Maybe if we had a nice TE or a nice OT or OG it wouldn't have had to come down to a kick. That's the point. And the reason we drafted Nugent was not to just make field goals, contrary to what people think. His job was to make the big ones...and by big, I don't mean 50+...the ones that mean it all. The ones that mean the game, not the ones that mean just another 3 points. Last year he had a chance to hit one that meant the game and he missed it short. Thats why I was always on him, not because he wasn't good enough...he had fuckin better be good enough for us to have drafted him with our top pick.
I didn't say he didn't have the leg, obviously he made those kinds of kicks in practice and college so he clearly did have the leg. I questioned why people were giving me the line "If it was a 52 yarder, he would have hit it." That line basically says he only has enough leg from 52 and cant hit a 53. And I was trying to make a point that his leg wasn't the issue, his mind was. P.S. did I like make fun of your momma somewhere along the line because you take me very personal.
Yes but for some reason I'm not disapointed...I wonder why?

Wait you mock me last night for having no class over a JOKE(albeit, a corny one) and now you question my sexual preference. Thats a bit unclassy yourself, wouldn't you say? Don't worry though, It's alright, I'm as straight as a pencil.

Haha, ain't nothin personal about this man. If that's the way you take it, I'm sorry you feel that way. Arguing over the internet is the most pointless thing on earth and IMO a big waist of time. I just see some of your posts especially the ones about Pennington and I just don't see why you feel the need to drive you're point home to the point where you feel the need to insult a man you don't know personally and then imply that his supporters have "the back of their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat" when they try to present their point of view which is different from your own. I think and know you can dish it out, but IMO you have a problem taking it. People can't even agree to disagree and you're telling me to get over myself? I complemented you at the begining of this post, but that wasn't good enough I guess and so you brought up Pennington in a post that is about Nugent.

Now I never questioned your sexual preference that is something I really don't care to know anything about. I just simply stated that you questioned whether Holly Mangold has a penis (even if it was meant to be a joke), you say the vast majority of this site has "the back of their throats firmly attached to Chad's meat" (a slang word for penis). I just wonder why everything resorts back to a penis in some of your posts that's the question I asked and then on second thought didn't want to know the answer to. If I searched long enough I could probably find the word "*beep*sucker" in some of your past posts as well. Though you do or did call Mangini "Mangina" so not everything resorts back to a penis I guess.

I just find it all funny and in no way take it personal. You just take everything to another level. A level IMO where discussions don't need to go.

But that's the great thing about Jets fans we are the most loyal fans in the NFL in my opinion, because when expectations are high we're on the bandwagon and when expectations are low most of us are still on the bandwagon. That's the thing I admire the most in people, loyalty.

Oh and one more thing that thing about Pennington "looking like a supreme, top of the line, pro bowl caliber quarterback right now." I forgot who here said or implied that? Now that is a funny joke.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

i gotta close this. its getting out if hand. play nice kiddies
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +