NYJetsFan.com Forums: Top Game Devoper Trashes Ps3 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Top Game Devoper Trashes Ps3 The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

[quote]"The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think it's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted," said Newell. "I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a 'do over.' Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it.'"
[quote]

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3156403
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:02 AM

i was curious about this link. considering ive been a long time half-life/valve fan.. and have been playing counterstrike since the betas. i really took this guys quote seriously. so i showed my friend this link who is currently out in california working for a gaming company and was told the following. this article is 4 months or so old. apparently a lot has changed since then and the ps3 is doing much better. the ps3 is developing slowly but its starting to do good.
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 1 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was curious about this link. considering ive been a long time half-life/valve fan.. and have been playing counterstrike since the betas. i really took this guys quote seriously. so i showed my friend this link who is currently out in california working for a gaming company and was told the following. this article is 4 months or so old. apparently a lot has changed since then and the ps3 is doing much better. the ps3 is developing slowly but its starting to do good.

nothing has changed since then. they didn't change the PS3 its the same harware and software. devolpers hate it. plus its sales suck.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

from what i understand that article was really big when it came out. from the development standpoint a lot HAS changed since he made those remarks. things have gotten better.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 3 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from what i understand that article was really big when it came out. from the development standpoint a lot HAS changed since he made those remarks. things have gotten better.

i'm not trying to trash you but your wrong. when a system is built there is a "operating system" of some sorts that the software devolpers have to develop for. to make it easy its liek software devolpers would devolp software for windows and OSX (Apple's operating system). its different for both. now they can't make changes to that. they can in turn put out another operating system (hence windows 95 then windows 98 etc.) in which it could be easier but sony has not done that. a big issues is they already have close to a million PS3s in peoples home and they wouldn't be able to seperate the new software from teh old. the only option would be a disc to install new software (they couldn't do it online since not everyone has online) cause all PS3's have to be uniform and sony hans't done that. if they put out a software disc upgrade then yes that could chnae it but until they do there is no changes. i don't know where you heard that from but sony was always difficult to develop for. thats why when the 1st xbox came out developers loved it cause it was almos the same as making PC games so they barely had any work to make there PC game xbox compatable. MS had the right idea with that
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

what ur saying is a foolish misunderstanding of a simple statement that was brought to my attention. developers did hate it because they didnt have the tools or an understanding on how to program the language to cooperate with the multi threading integration of the multiple processing system. now that a foundation has been layed out on how to program future titles to operate/maximize properly on the new hardware set... things have gotten easier. of course newell and the game producing community shit a brick when the system was still fresh. They did not have a clear understanding on how they would efficiently program and port their titles to the new hardware set. its an expensive process to have to train employees and keep up with the new cutting edge hardware. yes microsoft took the easy road by building upon their directx game programming libraries. but thats a luxury they only could have taken. they create standards when it comes to pc development from implementing new languages ie directx, C#, and .net. when they standardize, the world and all its computers that are used to make games, adjust.

even if sonys operating system was a complete disaster, it is still possible to retool it and upgrade it. yes a disc would be required to pop in and upgrade it but it would be easy to ship out. they would just have it implemented right into every current title being released. then before your game runs for the first time it will flash the current system or patch it..
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users