NYJetsFan.com Forums: Joe B Goes Off!! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Joe B Goes Off!!

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:16 PM

http://cbsrny.cbsradio.com/global/video/fl...amp;rnd=1037120

Gotta love my man Joe B!!

get'em JOE!!! biggrin.gif

#2 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Dec 8 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with Benigno....if the Jets don't win out Mangini should go! I have never posted this before...(giving Eric the benefit of the doubt) but to me this staff HAS been responsible (whether it be the playcalling on the offensive or defensive sides of the ball) for 4 of the 5 losses! Pats, Oakland, Denver and S.F. this year, and even games going back to last year! But we forget last year, because it was such a horror show that he got a pass. This year, yes he did win a couple of tough road games, but the letdowns are inexcusable! Sure the players are the one's playing the game, but your coach sets the example. If he doesn't win out, this would be an inexcusable collapse....

The Ship be sinking... the question is can Eric right this ship the next 3 weeks...if he can't...well....

Do I think the Jets CAN win out? Without a doubt...

But I'm just stating my opinion on the coaching (which starts with the HC) Is his specialty offense? No, his specialty is the defense...the defensive backfield to be more specific...Hands on in training camp btw,(Am I correct Amen?), and in 3 years the defensive backfield as a whole has been the teams weakest link(Our beloved Kerry Rhodes included...but no-one on the board wants to compare him to B.Thomas last year). So there is a problem right there..

That being said, we have a playoff game next week...and I am looking forward to the game! Wish it was today...

#3 User is offline   twisted310 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Dec 8 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is classic Joe B alright. I agree with him that they HAVE to win out. I don't agree that the failure to convert the opening drive after the on side kick set the tone because if the Defense had come out and smack the 49'ers in the mought on 4 and out and showed them who was in charge of the line of scrimmage then the opening drive wouldn't have meant that much, but otherwise he is right on the mark. Thanks for posting that clip

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

hahaha he called us the 4 -9 cleveland browns

that was hilarious
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#5 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Now that is what EVERY SINGLE JETS fan in the world is feelin and sayin to themselves and put it on camera for anyone and everyone to see..SIMPLY CLASSIC AND SIMPLY WELL SAID...hit the perverbial nail on the head with that rant...we need to make things right and get our shit straight if we want to even back into the playoffs...let's just hope the coaching staff gets their heads out of their asses or they might as well just pack their shit and get out of town...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Dec 8 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Benigno....if the Jets don't win out Mangini should go! I have never posted this before...(giving Eric the benefit of the doubt) but to me this staff HAS been responsible (whether it be the playcalling on the offensive or defensive sides of the ball) for 4 of the 5 losses! Pats, Oakland, Denver and S.F. this year, and even games going back to last year! But we forget last year, because it was such a horror show that he got a pass. This year, yes he did win a couple of tough road games, but the letdowns are inexcusable! Sure the players are the one's playing the game, but your coach sets the example. If he doesn't win out, this would be an inexcusable collapse....

The Ship be sinking... the question is can Eric right this ship the next 3 weeks...if he can't...well....

Do I think the Jets CAN win out? Without a doubt...

But I'm just stating my opinion on the coaching (which starts with the HC) Is his specialty offense? No, his specialty is the defense...the defensive backfield to be more specific...Hands on in training camp btw,(Am I correct Amen?), and in 3 years the defensive backfield as a whole has been the teams weakest link(Our beloved Kerry Rhodes included...but no-one on the board wants to compare him to B.Thomas last year). So there is a problem right there..

That being said, we have a playoff game next week...and I am looking forward to the game! Wish it was today...

It doesn't matter if we "win out" or not. Mangini will still be next year. We are 8-5 and we were/am on top of the division. Woody will see it as a guy turning the team around. From the horror show we had last year to the near playoffs the year after. Mangini will get a pass. Joe B,Ron and you and whoever else can talk about Mangini getting the shaft but he's not going to go anywheres this season or offseason.

I say give the man the chance to rite the ship. Let him evaluate himself and his coaching staff in the offseason. People will be getting fired and we need a good D-Co.. However, I think that considering since Mangini was a DB coach and a D-Co for the Patriots under Beli, he takes a lot of the blame for the defensive woes.

He's got some soul searching to do. Still not quite ready to totally give up on the guy just yet. He's an intellgent coach that has balls to make tough calls in the game. He'll gamble from time to time and thats something I like. I just think he's young and he's gonig through the motions. Let him evaluate and I'll give him another season with Clemens or Ratliff to see what he can compose. (I'll regret it later)

#7 User is offline   Holmes10 Icon

• Formerly Leon#29 - 2008 ROY
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Dec 9 2008, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter if we "win out" or not. Mangini will still be next year. We are 8-5 and we were/am on top of the division. Woody will see it as a guy turning the team around. From the horror show we had last year to the near playoffs the year after. Mangini will get a pass. Joe B,Ron and you and whoever else can talk about Mangini getting the shaft but he's not going to go anywheres this season or offseason.

I say give the man the chance to rite the ship. Let him evaluate himself and his coaching staff in the offseason. People will be getting fired and we need a good D-Co.. However, I think that considering since Mangini was a DB coach and a D-Co for the Patriots under Beli, he takes a lot of the blame for the defensive woes.

He's got some soul searching to do. Still not quite ready to totally give up on the guy just yet. He's an intellgent coach that has balls to make tough calls in the game. He'll gamble from time to time and thats something I like. I just think he's young and he's gonig through the motions. Let him evaluate and I'll give him another season with Clemens or Ratliff to see what he can compose. (I'll regret it later)

PSL's can make a business man that wants to win (see the you tube video after the Pats win) make business decisions that may be in the best interest of selling the licenses...a big name coach may be his short term solution.

Having said that, I do beleive that we will win out (even if it's in spite of Eric). There will be no debate because Mangini will have earned a couple more years when we do...Just wish that he would do some actual coaching during the game. Have we ever seen him pull over the entire defense after a bad drive and get in their face during the game? He just stands there with his arms folded chewing gum...I understand that some other head coaches are similiar and successful with that approach, but I would love to see the guy get mad during the game and get in the teams face at times....maybe thats just me though.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Leon#29 @ Dec 9 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PSL's can make a business man that wants to win (see the you tube video after the Pats win) make business decisions that may be in the best interest of selling the licenses...a big name coach may be his short term solution.

Having said that, I do beleive that we will win out (even if it's in spite of Eric). There will be no debate because Mangini will have earned a couple more years when we do...Just wish that he would do some actual coaching during the game. Have we ever seen him pull over the entire defense after a bad drive and get in their face during the game? He just stands there with his arms folded chewing gum...I understand that some other head coaches are similiar and successful with that approach, but I would love to see the guy get mad during the game and get in the teams face at times....maybe thats just me though.

I saw Mangini pissed off in the 49er game. Yellin' at Schotty or someone over the head set. Getting up in refs faces and poppin sh*t. That was pleasing to see.

The thing about certain Jets fans that bother is that they forget how hard it is to turn a team around or into a perennial winner. All good teams have that stability. Jet fans don't see this. Jeff Fisher had some pretty brutal seasons in Tenn.. now look. Cowhers steelers were never always a great team. He had his miserable seasons but teams and ownership stick with him. We need to do the same with Mangini, IMO. Give him more chances. He still has the same coaching unit he had installed when he first came here. Let him evaluate the last few years. Mangini is very meticulous VERY! and he's not going to keep going along with Sutton and Schotty if there not cutting it. We need to keep as many coaches as possible to have that structure in place. Nothing worse for a team then to have to keep learning systems every 2 or 3 years. I'm willing to ride out with Mangini until he's had his fair share of opportunites.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users