NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Madden 08 Stuff - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
Resize Shouts Area

• (33 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Madden 08 Stuff

#21 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ May 1 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys I'm looking to pick up a new system. should I go with ps3 or the Wii? And why?

ps3 doubles as an entertainment system... its expensive but fully HD and has the blue ray. Wii is a toy, very entertaining my little cousins love it but if u are into pure gameplay. Like ur a madden nut and need full control then go with a 360 or ps3.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ May 1 2007, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys I'm looking to pick up a new system. should I go with ps3 or the Wii? And why?

the Xbox360 is the way to go. without a doubt.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

360 sounds good about now. id grab an elite when its out... i wouldnt want mine dieing on me. ps3 is tempting with the blueray...id love to see madden 08/blueray on my sony sxrd wega .. ughh decisionsss

#24 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:44 AM

Honestly I'm a 360 owner and I would never tell anyone to get a 360. Reason being is I'm on my 2nd unit as of right now. The systems are unreliable. Too many friends and people I know have either gotten new systems or have had theirs in for repairs. Theirs too many problems that arise with the 360. Although I own and love the system I would never tell anyone to get it because the system has problems.

As for the Wii... If you like to get a workout while playing games then go ahead and get this system. Honestly I'm not going to comment on it very much because I simply don't know. You have to get used to the way the controllers are set up and a bunch of other shit. If you're looking to convert away from the ordinary gaming and want to get into something different then get the wii.

If I were you and a 1st time buyer I'd get the ps3.. Ps3's never break down and are reliable where as the 360 is horrible and the Wii is nothing special. Yea it;s nice to have fun with homies and stuff but if you want a good reliable,solid,good system to play then get the ps3

#25 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

Im pretty experienced in leagues myself. (5 Super Bowl Apperances, 1 SB Victory) I still play for fun and im still pretty good, but I have not played a league game in over a year and a half so I may be rusty. I play on the Sony Format with the Alias Merenguito. Ive never been a fan of the XBOX format.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ May 1 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah man on the Wii you don't have to move around or anything. It is just a flick of the wrist. Madden on the Wii is the best I have ever played. I haven't played Madden on the PS3 so I don't know about that.

#27 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

madden on the wii is if you want to have fun, if your competitive go for the 360, its what the madden challenge and most tournaments are held on
ColesReturns87

#28 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

Here are some good info sites BLUELINE!!!

http://videogames.ya...e...2702&page=0

http://www.roughlydr...FD13A883A2.html

#29 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (ColesReturns87 @ May 3 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
madden on the wii is if you want to have fun, if your competitive go for the 360, its what the madden challenge and most tournaments are held on

You can still play commpetive on the Wii. In Madden 08 it is gonna be online and you can also play with your boys.

#30 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

I went to ebgames, gamestop and two other video game places this week and they all said that PS3's are starting to come back in with problems, like breaking down etc. They also said that alot more people are trying to trade them in.

They all recommended this new 360 (elite I think?) that comes with a 120 g hard drive that just came out. Do any of you guys have that one?
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#31 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ May 2 2007, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly I'm a 360 owner and I would never tell anyone to get a 360. Reason being is I'm on my 2nd unit as of right now. The systems are unreliable. Too many friends and people I know have either gotten new systems or have had theirs in for repairs. Theirs too many problems that arise with the 360. Although I own and love the system I would never tell anyone to get it because the system has problems.

As for the Wii... If you like to get a workout while playing games then go ahead and get this system. Honestly I'm not going to comment on it very much because I simply don't know. You have to get used to the way the controllers are set up and a bunch of other shit. If you're looking to convert away from the ordinary gaming and want to get into something different then get the wii.

If I were you and a 1st time buyer I'd get the ps3.. Ps3's never break down and are reliable where as the 360 is horrible and the Wii is nothing special. Yea it;s nice to have fun with homies and stuff but if you want a good reliable,solid,good system to play then get the ps3

No true. The PS3 is horrible, it breaks down more then any of the other systems. The Wii is the best built system I think, I played it over my friends house, it was pretty fun. I never had a problem with my 360 yet, (knock on wood)
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (bluelinecop @ May 5 2007, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went to ebgames, gamestop and two other video game places this week and they all said that PS3's are starting to come back in with problems, like breaking down etc. They also said that alot more people are trying to trade them in.

They all recommended this new 360 (elite I think?) that comes with a 120 g hard drive that just came out. Do any of you guys have that one?

I dont have a xbox elite, but my brother is getting one. They are sick, but defintly dont get a Ps3 its a waste of money. 360 or Wii is the way to go. I suggest 360, just because of xbox live. But wii is lots of fun too.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

I cant wait till Madden either. The Jets should be more fun to use this year with Thomas Jones, and the other players, especially with the updated ratings. Hopefully the gameplay makes a big jump, because it was absolutly horrible last year. You could not catch a WR or RB if they got a head of you, the Defense had no recovery speed at all.
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

Dude, I just listen to that interview, now I am really pumped to get the game!! It sounds so sick!! It seems like they really understand that they needed to improve the gameplay and get it more realistic. I like the idea of a CB like Champ Bailey going to shut down a bad WR. I like the elite players thing, that sounds cool. Because its a fact, a bad WR isnt going to beat Bailey, he is shut down, so its unrealistic in the video game when you have him and Bailey gets torched. I also like the gang tackleing and pushing the pile. The way he was describing it, he made it sound a lot more realistic and that they are really improving the gameplay and also making their moves more realistic, so instead of them running like idiots in last years madden they will actually look realistic while running. Also its nice that they are adding all the gamemodes back into madden. I am defintly buying the 360 one this year, because they are putting all their effort into that one this year, its going to be sick!!
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:09 AM

yeah no doubt man i hope it lives up to all the features described. deff going to make some moves on a ps3 or 360 just for this game. time will tell which one i pick.

#36 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

Go with the XBox 360.. it's more bang for your buck. plus, the XBox Live experience is the best online gaming format there is. More games, and developers are learning more and more about the console and what they can do with it. Games are going to continue to get better.

I played PS3 for the first time this past weekend, and wasn't impressed. I only played Virtua Fighter, but it was nothing that made me feel like I had to play again. The movies that are out on Blu-Ray really aren't all that impressive. We put on a Blu-Ray version of "Gone in 60 Seconds" on a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV and switched back and forth between that and a regular version of the same movie playing off the XBox 360 (through HDMI ports), and to be honest, it didn't look much better than the regular DVD. Some of the colors were definitely more vivid, but I think we could've gotten similar picture quality if we messed with the TV's color and sharpness settings. There's a definite improvement in clarity, but it's nothing so substantial that makes you say that you've got to have it.

The PS3 is as expensive as it is now because of its blu-ray capabilities. Blu-Ray is going to fail. Not this year, probably not next year, but eventually the format will fade away just as Sony's UMD's did for the PSP.

#37 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Apr 30 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you beat me I'll send you my 360. Basically it will never happen. I play money games in my spare time son. You best have you're game up before you holla at me! Hahahahaha.. No seriously though I'm not kidding!

I'll be adding you soon enough!!! GET YO GAME UP. Im going to make a sig and I'm going to put all of my prey in it. I'm going to own this whole board and I'm going to brag about it after I'm done. LMAO!!

I have my money on Dubb. Anyone that want to make a bet pm me. I will be the bookie. hysterical.gif

#38 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

New article on ign for the 360. http://sports.ign.co...9/789781p1.html

ive Things You Need to Know about Madden 08
We get our hands on the new game. Weapons, Owner mode, Superstar and more.
by Jon Robinson

May 18, 2007 - The Bengals have weapons!

In most cases those words are followed by flashing lights and sirens. In Madden 08, those weapons make them one of the most dangerous teams in the game (and not just on the streets).

You see, Madden 08 is about superstars. It's about what weapons (skills) separate Chad Johnson from Ashlie Lelie at wide receiver. It's about being able to recognize the abilities of the best players on the field and taking advantage of match-ups.

It's about seeing Ocho Cinco lining up against a rookie corner and crossing another name off of his list.

That's what having weapons is all about and it's one of the cool new wrinkles in EA's playbook.

But there's a lot more you need to know about weapons, not to mention owner mode and the twitch controls, so here's my list of the five biggest things that stick out in my mind after a night of playing 08.

1. Dog Fighting is not a Weapon

Peyton Manning's mind is a weapon. The man watches so much film, when he walks to the line of scrimmage and starts doing the hand jive to receivers, sure, some of it is a bluff, but other times he can immediately read the defense's coverage scheme, make the split-second adjustment, and send Marvin Harrison deep for a game-changing play. In real life, that's called Super Bowl MVP. In Madden, the term is Smart Quarterback and it's 1 of 24 superstar abilities in the game. Here's how it works: There is an icon under Manning as he lines up (in fact, anyone who has a special weapon ability has an icon that looks similar to NBA Live's Superstar icons). When you start the game, Manning's icon is gray. The more the defense calls the same plays throughout the game, the more Manning's icon turns to gold. When the icon is completely gold, the guy controlling the offense can hold down the right trigger + LB to reveal the play art of the defense. This is where it becomes a chess match as the offense can quickly hike the ball knowing where to exploit the D or call a hot route or audible if they don't like the match-ups, but at the same time, with defensive hot routes back in the game, the defense can also make adjustments to what the offense is doing. And just like Manning does in real life, you never know who's bluffing and it makes for some great moments of trying to outthink your opponent (while at the same time talking junk to your opponent about how his mom looks like one of Ron Mexico's pitbulls, of course).

But Peyton Manning isn't the only smart player on the field. Guys like Ray Lewis and John Lynch are leaders out there on defense and have been designated as Smart Linebacker and Smart Safety. If you have a guy like this on your team and the offense keeps calling the same plays, their meters will turn to gold as well and you'll be able to see what the offense is about to do (everything is revealed but the wide receiver play art).

There are Possession Receivers who will make catches in traffic with the tap of Y. Shutdown Corners like Champ who will run stride-for-stride with the best in the game in man coverage (even if there are no guarantees in zone), and Spectacular Catch receivers like Randy Moss (who is always motivated in Madden, making the Patriots ridiculous in this game), who have their own set of animations when it comes to wowing the crowd with their big-play ability.

And the cool thing is, for every weapon, there is a counter. For power backs who use the Truck Stick, defenders can use Hit Stick 2.0 to tap down on the right stick and take out their legs. For players like Brett Favre who have a "Cannon Arm", sure he can throw the farthest and with the most velocity, but he is also more likely to overthrow his receivers. Guys like Laurence Maroney carry a wicked "Stiff Arm" as their weapon, but are prone to the defensive strip at the same time.

The complete list of weapons includes:

# Cannon Arm
# Hands
# Spectacular Catch
# Power Back
# Press Coverage
# Pass Blocker
# Finesse Move Defensive Lineman
# Route Running
# Power Move Defensive Lineman
# Possession Receiver
# Shutdown Corner
# Smart Quarterback
# Stiff Arm Ball Carrier
# Smart Safety
# Speed
# Smart Corner
# Smart Linebacker
# Big Foot Kicker
# Accurate Kicker
# Elusive Back
# Big Hitter
# Accurate Quarterback
# Brick Wall Defender
# Crushing Run Blocker

Players also have the ability to play with more than one weapon. For example, Ray Lewis is a Brick Wall Defender, a Smart Linebacker, and a Big Hitter. You will also be able to train players throughout your franchise and give them additional weapons by bumping their ratings up, earning new animations for that player with their new abilities.

2. The Next Jerry Jones

A couple of years ago I lucked into a ticket to the Leigh Steinberg party during Super Bowl week. Players like Shaun Alexander are roaming around eating crab while the rich and famous talk about yachts, golf clubs, and private planes (or whatever rich folk discuss at these types of events). Anyway, the drink of the night is Remy Red and champagne, and as I sip and try to act cool, Jerry Jones and his wife walk by. My friend Vick wants to go talk to Jones and drags me with him. He walks up all Iceberg Slim smooth and says "Jerry, I have someone I'd like you to meet." Jones smiles at Vick and I could tell his brain was working overtime trying to figure out who the hell he was, but Jones is all gracious acting like they're old friends. Vick blows me up, "This is Jon Robinson, Editor-in-Chief of IGN Sports, this is the guy you need to know." Jones sticks out his glass and clinks mine, then his wife does the same. "Pleasure to meet you," he says, then starts asking me about IGN. We probably talked for ten minutes about a variety of random stuff, then after a quick joke, I remembered George Costanza always wanting to leave the room on a high note (yes, everything I do is based off pop culture), clinked his glass and walked away like I owned the place.

Ever sine then, when something big goes down, my wife likes to buy Remy Red and champagne to celebrate.

Why do I bring this up, you ask?

Owner mode is back in Madden! According to producer David Ortiz, not only will Owner mode be in Madden for the 360 and PS3, it will include everything that was in the PS2 version and more. We don't have too much info other than that, but the fact that this mode is now confirmed makes me want to break out the Remy Red.

3. How Come My Campus Legend Never Got a House for his Family?

The more games work together, the happier I am. That's why I was ecstatic to learn that you can take the player you build in Campus Legend mode in NCAA Football 08 and transfer him over to Superstar mode in Madden. That means all of your hard work building up a player doesn't have to end after four Heismans. You can enter the draft like every other hot shot and see if your player turns out to be the next Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf.

If you're not into creating players, you can actually play through Superstar mode this year as one of the impact rookies. EA wouldn't specifically say how many rounds deep you can go picking a player, but if you always wanted to be just like Adrian Peterson, now's your chance to see what it's like to run behind that Minnesota line.

The guys at EA Sports also guaranteed that the camera angles for all positions have been improved to make the mode more playable, no matter if you want to be Calvin Johnson or JaMarcus Russell, and there is also an addition of something called The Super Sim where you can simulate through a game and jump in to play as your character when you need to make that first down run or sack the QB on third down.

4. There's No Such Thing as a Polygonal Blood Diamond

Flip on the game and first thing you notice is the new trophy room presentation. Clips of your favorite team are being shown on a giant Jumbotron thanks to NFL Films, and as you scroll around the room, you will see all of your trophies and accomplishments, from the time you ran for 200 yards in a game, to the game where you passed for over 400. The more trophies you earn, the cooler your room looks, not to mention the fact that you will now be able to bet trophies head-to-head and online.

But that's not all. The room also has a special showcase section for rings. Think of it as an extension of the Madden Gamer Level from last year. The more you accomplish in Madden, the more your ring starts to fill out. There are 5 rings total you can pimp out, with the first couple your basic gold, but as you work your way through the game, you'll be adding diamonds, even your team logo if you win the Super Bowl in franchise. It's a visual representation of your skill level, and you'll take that ring with you when you play online so people can instantly recognize the bling of a Madden vet or the iceless gold of a newbie.
◄ Previous 1 2 3 Next ►

5. The Twitch is Back

The more I played Madden yesterday, the more I was blown away, not just by the flashing eye candy of graphics and animations and gang tackles and 60 frames-per-second, but by the amazing responsiveness of the controls. From spins to stiff arms to jukes to the way you work your receiver back to the ball then sidestep defenders and take it to the house, David Ortiz calls 08 "the most responsive Madden ever" and I have to agree. This is going to be the game where your skills on the stick are the difference between a 5-yard gain and high-stepping 50 yards for the score.

The way the animations branch from one move to the next, the ability for runners like L.T. to bounce off a tackle, stiff arm the safety and maintain his balance as he shows everyone why he's the MVP are just so fluid, so smooth at this point, it's amazing to think that the Madden team still has 5 weeks to fine-tune and polish the product before they get ready to ship.

Looks like the competition from 2K Sports really does bring out the big guns (and in this case, weapons) from EA.

And as always, when there's competition, it's the gamers who benefit most.

From what I've played, we could be talking about one of the best Madden experiences in years.
◄ Previous 1 2 3

Also if you click on the link I posted at the top of my post you can scroll down to the bottom and watch a game play trailer.

#39 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

sounds amazingly sexy

#40 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

This is what we can look forward to out of Darrelle in Madden:

These are Deanglo Hall's numbers

82 overall
98 speed
93 jump
60aware
96agi
95acc