NYJetsFan.com Forums: Testaverde In Pats Game Insult Or Tribute - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Testaverde In Pats Game Insult Or Tribute

Poll: Testaverde In Pats Game Insult Or Tribute (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Was with puting in Testaverde

1. It was an Insult (16 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. It was a Tribute to the Jets (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

3. It was to get Vinny some play time (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. It was just so brady could get his hair done to the TV cameras (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote

#1 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

Ok This has been bugging me for a while and it seems to have gone un talked about. But what was with Vinny taking the final downs of the Pats Jets game. It seems to me that It was a final slap in the Face by Belichick to Mangini. We all know that they almost were forced to hug each other by all the media attention on the first two handshakes. I think that it was all bullshit for the cameras and that Bilichick is still the same asshole he always was.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   kenxnice Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

you're not the only one that's been bothered by it, as soon as i saw vinny came in, i just closed my eyes and shook my head in disappointment it was truly an insult to see one of US close the deal
"can you feel whats about to happen on this field, can ya'll feel thay?"

#3 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

I had already left the room by that point .. so I missed it .. but as I said before .. as long as hes in that uni .. hes dead to me

as for the action ... I HATE to defend anything dickhead does .. but if Im up by 21 and have to play the next round of playoffs in 7 days ... I dont put brady out there in front of a pissed of Jets team

#4 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

vinny is a football professional! who cares what team hes on, unless its miami or oakland(then id be repulsed) but someone whos been playing for as long as vinny is bound to get in any playoff game just so he can get some snaps. im not bothered at all, and if belichick meant it to be an insult, well hes running out of shit to do.

#5 User is offline   beanz Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (green_blood @ Jan 10 2007, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vinny is a football professional! who cares what team hes on, unless its miami or oakland(then id be repulsed)

What? You hate Oakland more than New England? Maybe it's just me, but I have more disdain and hatred for everyone associated with the New England Patriots than any other team in sports (other than the Red Sox, but that's another discussion).

#6 User is offline   matt x Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, jets, mets, grateful dead.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

I also left the room before Vinny got in, When Samuel Intercepted it was all over. The whole Vinny thing was probably not wanting to get Brady hurt for next week + a nice dig at Gang Green.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

belenbitch probally take two hours evernight at 2 in the morning thinkin of ways to get revenge on mangenius

#8 User is offline   Jacobi Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

They threw Vinny a bone is all. No harm, no foul; the harm was on the scoreboard...

blowup.gif

#9 User is offline   BradSmith16 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

there should be a show called everybody loves vinny cause honestly how can u hate vinny
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#10 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (bleedsgreen @ Jan 10 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok This has been bugging me for a while and it seems to have gone un talked about. But what was with Vinny taking the final downs of the Pats Jets game. It seems to me that It was a final slap in the Face by Belichick to Mangini. We all know that they almost were forced to hug each other by all the media attention on the first two handshakes. I think that it was all bullshit for the cameras and that Bilichick is still the same asshole he always was.

I talked about this on the Jet Fuel Post Game Show. It was a deliberate slap in the face by Belichump! No doubt about it.

#11 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

I already turned the game off by the point Vinny came in. It seems like a dick move to me, there was def. some meaning to bringing in him, because why not bring in Cassel of whatever the backup QB is.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#12 User is offline   kelticwizard Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Jacobi @ Jan 10 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They threw Vinny a bone is all. No harm, no foul; the harm was on the scoreboard...

blowup.gif

My feelings exactly.

If Belicheck did this to hurt the Jets it made little sense. Vinny fizzled out as the Jets QB before Mangini ever got here, so I don't see how putting in a QB who never played for Mangini shows him up at all.

If Belicheck was out to hurt Jets fans, it didn't work. Vinny gave the Jets his best years ever, and gave the Jets some of their most exciting seasons and games, but it was clear he was no longer doing it when Chad replaced him. Then Vinny rejoined Bill Parcells in Dallas and didn't get it done there either. Then Vinny got called into emergency duty replacing Chad last year and didn't move the team either.

Jets fans love Vinny, but we also know he's been done for years. If Vinny can keep it going as a backup on various clubs, I say more power to him. Fact is, I regard Vinny's appearance in a game that had been over for awhile as a chance to wish an old friend well than any kind of insult.

Now, if Brady got hurt when the score was tied and Vinny led the Patriots to victory over the Jets, that would be a slap in the face. But the way it was done, it didn't hurt. The defeat hurt, the score hurt, but not seeing Vinny at the end of a foregone conclusion.

#13 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jan 11 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My feelings exactly.

If Belicheck did this to hurt the Jets it made little sense. Vinny fizzled out as the Jets QB before Mangini ever got here, so I don't see how putting in a QB who never played for Mangini shows him up at all.

If Belicheck was out to hurt Jets fans, it didn't work. Vinny gave the Jets his best years ever, and gave the Jets some of their most exciting seasons and games, but it was clear he was no longer doing it when Chad replaced him. Then Vinny rejoined Bill Parcells in Dallas and didn't get it done there either. Then Vinny got called into emergency duty replacing Chad last year and didn't move the team either.

Jets fans love Vinny, but we also know he's been done for years. If Vinny can keep it going as a backup on various clubs, I say more power to him. Fact is, I regard Vinny's appearance in a game that had been over for awhile as a chance to wish an old friend well than any kind of insult.

Now, if Brady got hurt when the score was tied and Vinny led the Patriots to victory over the Jets, that would be a slap in the face. But the way it was done, it didn't hurt. The defeat hurt, the score hurt, but not seeing Vinny at the end of a foregone conclusion.

Does that mean that when Vinny was pumping his fists in the air when the Pats scored late, that didn't bother you?

#14 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

Sometimes I feel Like the Pats and Jets are like the Hatfields and the McCoys. They are so pissed at each other but nobody can remember why and There is so much inbreading and side crossing you can't tell who is on who's side except when they are shooting at each other.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 10 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I talked about this on the Jet Fuel Post Game Show. It was a deliberate slap in the face by Belichump! No doubt about it.

Thank you! it was a slap in the face and a kick in the nuts. Belichick hates us and I mean HE HATE'S US!. He did it delibrately to rattle the fans and the media. You're damn right. It was intentional to piss us off.

If any of you can't see that you're blind. I can't put it into words how insulted I felt and how much of a prick he was and is for doing that. I want to tear that team apart next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (kelticwizard @ Jan 11 2007, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My feelings exactly.

Come on Jets fan. If you bleed green and white that hit home. Stop being dilusional as if it's all good. It's not all good. It was a slap to Mangini because usually when the H.C pulls his Q.B it's either because of injury OR it's a blowout. So one was to piss us off Mangini and the other was to piss us off.

I got a question for you dilusional Jet fans. Cassel is there #2 Q.B. When the Pats were in control of their previous game they subplanted Cassel for Brady after the Pats ran up the score. My Question is!

Number 2 Q.B's go in to run the clock in blowout's not number 3's so someone tell me why Vinny was in because he was the number 3 Q.B?

FORGET IT! I'll tell you why. Beli would have had Cassel in against anyother team but considering were the Jets and they want to kick us in the teeth!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP JET FAN'S!!!!!!!!

#17 User is offline   felner Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:football,sports in general,bowling,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'm in total agreement with what s-dubb and all the rest of you are stating,eventhough we are talking about our beloved Vinny,again I'm in total agreement
We will wait until next year and we will even the score
remember our fight with Dan Marino in the mud bowl
we answered that question as we will answer this latest battle

#18 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

I was honestly and purely insulted by this move. Classless and left a bad taste in my mouth when I saw it. I remember calling Belichick a bastard mother *expletive* and a few other things.

INSULT!

#19 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:33 AM

the game was over with 4:54 left to go why was chad in there?
Vinny would come in if Brady went down pinning thier last hope and the #2 QB.
If bill did this as some of you guys suggest it will come back on Bill 7 fold.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#20 User is offline   titmouse Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 11 2007, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on Jets fan. If you bleed green and white that hit home. Stop being dilusional as if it's all good. It's not all good. It was a slap to Mangini because usually when the H.C pulls his Q.B it's either because of injury OR it's a blowout. So one was to piss us off Mangini and the other was to piss us off.

I got a question for you dilusional Jet fans. Cassel is there #2 Q.B. When the Pats were in control of their previous game they subplanted Cassel for Brady after the Pats ran up the score. My Question is!

Number 2 Q.B's go in to run the clock in blowout's not number 3's so someone tell me why Vinny was in because he was the number 3 Q.B?

FORGET IT! I'll tell you why. Beli would have had Cassel in against anyother team but considering were the Jets and they want to kick us in the teeth!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP JET FAN'S!!!!!!!!

I am awake.

Who cares? It didn't bother me, I don't look that far into it. They lost, I doubt the Jets players were thinking about Vinny being in the game, I doubt it bothered them.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users