NYJetsFan.com Forums: * Official senior bowl discussion * - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

* Official senior bowl discussion * ---------------------------------------------

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:24 AM

http://www.nfldraftc...ts/obs/123.html

According to nfldraftcountdown.com the Jets have been seen talking to Tony Hunt, RB from Penn State...and Josh Wilson, CB out of Maryland. This doesn't really mean much of anything...but I thought I'd pass the info along.

I really like Josh Wilson...he's probably a mid rounder at the moment...a short guy but absolutely blazing speed...had a really good senior year.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up. If you can find anymore stuff on the Jets and senior Bowl week or the draft in general please post them.

thanks

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:40 AM

First impressions
Early winners and losers as the Senior Bowl kicks off
Posted: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:22PM; Updated: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:31PM

Dwayne Bowe' sure hands and tenacity are making an impression on the NFL's head coaches and general managers in Mobile.

By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Amidst the cold and occasional rain, the 2007 Senior Bowl kicked off on Monday morning. One of the most important weeks of scouting leading up to April's draft, the majority of the NFL's head coaches and general managers are in Mobile to scout the nation's top senior talent.

Here's a breakdown of those who've impressed and those who have not the past two days.

Risers
Dwayne Bowe/WR/LSU: The Tigers' big possession wide out has caught everything thrown his way during the first two practices. Bowe has shown soft, natural hands yet at the same time a mean streak when he must battle for the reception.

David Irons/CB/Auburn: Over shadowed by his brother (Kenny) throughout college, Irons has stood tall here in Mobile. He has shown the ability to shutdown opponents and has battled hard every day. His efforts have been commended by the coaches and Irons has significantly improved his draft stock.

Antonio Johnson/DT/Mississippi State: The big athletic tackle has far and away been the best lineman on the South team. Johnson has been quick off the ball and tough to stop. He has bull-rushed defenders off the line or finessed his way past them. NFL scouts always knew Johnson had great potential and he's starting to show it at the Senior Bowl.

Adam Carriker/DL/Nebraska: If Johnson is the best defensive lineman on the South then Carriker is the best one on the field to date. Carriker has also been impossible to stop, displaying a great combination of power, speed and smarts.

Tony Hunt/RB/Penn State: Hunt surprised everyone by checking in a little heavier than expected at 239 pounds. Yet that seems to have positively affected his game. Hunt has been a monster carrying the ball on the inside and equally productive as a blocker.

Sliders

Joe Newton/TE/Oregon State: The big tight end has looked slow and sluggish. And while he's effectively caught the ball, most of his receptions have come no more than five yards off the line of scrimmage. To make matters worse Newton's blocking has been subpar.

Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina: A terrific athlete, Bennett is struggling with his football skills in Mobile. Slow to react, Bennett has gotten beat a number of times and seems to be doing too much thinking and not enough playmaking.

Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno State: McCauley has been beaten like a drum the past two days. Consistently giving up deep receptions, McCauley has also allowed numerous catches in underneath coverage.

Ryan Harris/OL/Notre Dame: While fundamentally sound, Harris has not shown the bulk or strength to stay with Senior Bowl players, never mind NFL stars. Used at both tackle positions, he's been pushed off the ball all week.

Tyler Palko/QB/Pittsburgh: A try-hard passer with solid short-range accuracy, Palko has not displayed the arm strength or physical stature to play at the next level.

Senior Bowl Notes: After pulling out of the game late in the process, Brady Quinn of Notre Dame stepped in front of a small gathering of the media here Sunday night. Quinn explained the injury was a bursar sac in his right knee and was recommended to sit this one out by renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews. While many are still skeptical about the whole situation Quinn hung around for two days and interviewed with NFL teams, facing the music. Another player drawing the ire of NFL scouts for pulling out of the contest is offensive tackle Joe Thomas of Wisconsin. Thomas explained he felt he had nothing to gain playing in the Senior Bowl. Scouts on hand remarked all Thomas had to do was look at the performance of D'Brickashaw Ferguson from a year ago. One so good it solidified Ferguson as a top-four pick

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

ooooooooooooooo colors...haha...maybe we should make a Senior Bowl Thread that we can put all the new info into...you're a mod Dubb....get on it.hhaa...combine our threads
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooooooooooooooo colors...haha...maybe we should make a Senior Bowl Thread that we can put all the new info into...you're a mod Dubb....get on it.hhaa...combine our threads

Ahhhhhhhhhhh good idea!

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

Watch Senior Bowl vids here

http://www.putfile.c...onstonker/media

#7 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 24 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch Senior Bowl vids here

http://www.putfile.c...onstonker/media

Those are really good quality. You kick ass bro. Nice find.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Wow...from what I have seen of him at Senior Bowl practices and from what every person has written about him...Adam Carriker is looking fantastic out there. Now opinions usually vary a lot...you'll read one guy saying so-and-so is dropping a lot of balls...and some other guy say so-and-so is catching everything in sight. So to see everyone unanimously praise Carriker is pretty impressive. Maybe we'd have to take him the first round to get him after all...

I also like what I saw from Brandon MeBane...I originally thought of him as a possible 3-4 DE...but he came into the Senior Bowl at 6'1" and 305 lbs. So he may be able to add a few more pounds and be a NT...he is the classic overachiever...a good and smart leader whogets more production that he should out of his physical skills. Saw him bull rush the shit out of big time prospect Dan Mozes...wow...they said he has also played some nose in his career...so keep an eye on him...Mangini type.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

the two most impressive lineman i've seen are Adam Carriker on D and Josh Beekman on O.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (DewayneDontSign @ Jan 24 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the two most impressive lineman i've seen are Adam Carriker on D and Josh Beekman on O.

I'd agree completely...Beekman slammed Okoye to the ground.

You know has looked poor? LaMarr Woodley...haven't seem him do anything but get pancaked...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd agree completely...Beekman slammed Okoye to the ground.

You know has looked poor? LaMarr Woodley...haven't seem him do anything but get pancaked...

i know, i really think Woodley best chance at succeeding is at 3-4 OLB, because he is just not big enough and not fast and quick enough like Freeney to make up for it to succeed on a consistant basis against pro T's. Anthony Spencer looked good and beat Levi Brown once or twice.

#12 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

Wow! What really surprises me is Dwayne Bowe WR from LSU. His Junior year this guy couldnt catch a cold and this past season hes come on and made some nice catches and become a reliable target. IT makes sence considering his Junior year he was legally blind and he got laser eye surgery. What a DRASTIC improvement it has been for this kid. Its surprising that a guy who use to see 3 footballs commin at him every time now can adept that qucikly and develop great hands. My hats off to him and hope he does well in the nfl. cool2.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

In some mocks McAuley has been predicted as a 1st rounder but if he slips to the 2nd do you think Tangini may consider him if he is available with our 2nd 2nd rounder like with Justin Miller when we picked him. I'd only target a CB early if we don't sign one in FA though, if that happens could this be a viable posibility?

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 24 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In some mocks McAuley has been predicted as a 1st rounder but if he slips to the 2nd do you think Tangini may consider him if he is available with our 2nd 2nd rounder like with Justin Miller when we picked him. I'd only target a CB early if we don't sign one in FA though, if that happens could this be a viable posibility?

Ive been saying it for weeks that McCauley is crap. The guy is more of a project than Justin Miller is. Atleast Miller was good in college...McCauley cant even cover college WRs...hes crap. Im glad people are finally starting to realize what crap McCauley is. He will fall big time in the draft...possibly second day.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

I wouldnt mind Tony Hunt somewhere in the draft, he would be a nice complement to Leon Washington.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been saying it for weeks that McCauley is crap. The guy is more of a project than Justin Miller is. Atleast Miller was good in college...McCauley cant even cover college WRs...hes crap. Im glad people are finally starting to realize what crap McCauley is. He will fall big time in the draft...possibly second day.

yeah McCauley is a real physical talent, but really lacks cover skills. He was even benched this year for his poor play. A guy who has looked good when watching him was David Irons, he had a one on one with a very fast Higgins and stayed with him perfect on a comeback route and made a great break on the ball and broke it up and would have picked it if he didn't slip a little.

#17 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

At any rate we need to fix the secondary, I'm tired of seeing guys who give receivers 10 yards of space.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jan 24 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At any rate we need to fix the secondary, I'm tired of seeing guys who give receivers 10 yards of space.

It's called not having a pass rush bottom line. A good pass rush compliments a average secondary. Again here we are talking about DL and LB's. The biggest concern

#19 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jan 24 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your not really going to find any guys who can do that immediately in this draft.......at least where we pick..............also on alot of mocks i see mccauley going to us in the 1st I've always hated that
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#20 User is offline   Requiem Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

Jets looked at Ryan McBean today according to Scott Wright.. Possible Kimo replacement.. He has all the talent you look for but is very raw.. At 6'5 he has room to fill out a little bit more.. He's at 277 now but ideally should be around 300.. Still prefer Carriker

I'm not too crazy about hunt.. But I wouldn't mind Mickens v2.0.. A player like Wilson is very valuable.. He would be a great asset as a Nickelback.. If drafted I wouldnt be suprised if Mangini eventuually developed him into a solid starter..

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users