NYJetsFan.com Forums: Game Analysis - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets miss out on playoffs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 05:51 PM) CMON DENVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:00 PM) This Denver D is stiflin the f*** out of the CHEATriots OL
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2016 - 06:34 PM) THANK YOU DENVER!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 07:11 PM) We need a stud outside pass rushing LB. look what Miller and ware did to Brady twice this year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 January 2016 - 09:51 PM) CAM NEWTON!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 01:33 PM) I think both of these defenses are showing us that you need fast and athletic lbs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (25 January 2016 - 08:48 PM) so do we bring back Mo?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) of course
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 January 2016 - 10:23 AM) we franchise tag him
vjdbbq Icon : (26 January 2016 - 02:41 PM) But then we have very little cap room left . Is he worth it ?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:43 PM) If we cut cro and brick we will be around 28 million under the cap. We can tag him
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2016 - 09:44 PM) Or tag and trade him. No way we should just let him walk
vjdbbq Icon : (27 January 2016 - 08:24 AM) We need Cro and Brick but for less salary .
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:18 AM) what up home dawgs?
S-Dubb Icon : (29 January 2016 - 10:22 AM) long time no chat, Ya boy has returned from the depths. Good to see everyone alive and well. Another season down the drain... what else is new? Fitz coming back next yr means we wont be going to the superbowl. We seriously need to land a QB. I hope Petty is the future and Im still quietly waiting for Geno to show up. IF they retain him it would speak volumes
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 January 2016 - 11:23 AM) I'm done with Geno. Never really expected much from him from the beginning. So I'm also looking for Petty to be the future.
vjdbbq Icon : (29 January 2016 - 04:33 PM) GENO SUCKS MONKEY DICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:16 PM) S-Dubb??.Who's that guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 January 2016 - 07:17 PM) FIRE S-DUBB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Dubb and Amen? Did I take a wrong turn and land back in 2007?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 09:10 AM) Haha good to see both of you
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:28 PM) I don't care if Cro comes back, I think Marcus Williams can start opposite Revis. Hes a ball hawk and has performed well everytime hes called on.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) I want Fitz back as starter, he lacks arm talent but he is scrappy
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:41 PM) The team loves him as a leader and he is a good bridge QB as we groom a QB of the future.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He also has top notch pocket awareness.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 January 2016 - 03:42 PM) He allows our playmakers to make plays. After years of terrible QB play, I'll take 31 TD 15 INTs almost 4,000 yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 February 2016 - 12:41 AM) I can't stop thinking about the off season...... what the hell are we gonna do!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Maccagnan is going to have to show his worth
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) They can't have Wilkerson on that franchise tag, they have to sign him long term with a small cap hit or trade him. Otherwise we are in trouble with other FAs.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:00 AM) We need Harrison back, you can't run a effective 3-4 without a stud NT.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 10:01 AM) I hope we get Harrison back on a 4 yr contract.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:55 PM) I really think we are going to have to tag and trade Wilkerson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) If we keep wilk we lose Harrison or Fitzpatrick maybe both
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 February 2016 - 12:56 PM) And ivory
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:23 PM) We can't keep Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams. A move has to be made
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) If the Jets want to go cheaper, they can try to trade Wilkerson and have Richardson/Williams for cheap
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 February 2016 - 07:25 PM) Then they can re-sign Harrison, FItzpatrick, Ivory, and maybe Powell.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Kaepernick apparently wants out of SF and wants to join the Jets
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 09:59 AM) Guess he sees the Jets as a team with a great WR tandem and a quality OC who builds a offense around the players
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) No thanks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:29 AM) Unless he's dirt cheap
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 February 2016 - 10:30 AM) The jets would be fools to take on that contract
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 02:09 PM) keep powell, snakcs, wilkerson, and fitz. let ivory walk, trade richardson, cut cromartie, restructure brick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (03 February 2016 - 04:18 PM) Marshall said no to Kaepnerick, he wants FItzpatrick as his QB
vjdbbq Icon : (04 February 2016 - 12:07 PM) Where's Rob ? I need some ass shots !!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Game Analysis

#1 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Here is my game analysis:

OFFENSE:

After the first touchdown pass, my brother sent me the following text: "How does it feel to have a real NFL quarterback?"
That statement spoke volumes. It's not just the velocity of the actual throw, but the potential to make that throw that transcends the passing game. Ask yourself this question: Does Thomas Jones gash that defense as effectively as he did if Pennington was under center? The answer is no.

The offensive line played well. They created excellent creases for Jones to run through and provide an excellent seal on his touchdown run. Very impressive. The pass protection may have appeared poor but a closer examinaton (I expect this to be an NFL replay game) revealed that Favre did hold the ball a bit longer than he should have. You could see that he was trying to await someone getting open downfield. The strip sack inside the red zone was a good example.

I was very impressed with the tight end play. Tangini finally sent the white boys back to the truck stop at the Denny's in Iowa(the character players) and brought in some coordination and speed to assist Chris Baker. Nice to see we have NFL quality players at this position once more.

DEFENSE:

I watched that blob Chris Jenkins the whole game. When he was on the field he did his job, clogging that middle. This allowed Harris and Barton to fly in and make tackles. The surge was clearly favoring the D-line, as they were pushing people around out there.

The defensive backs did a good job against pedestrian receivers. Revis dropped an interception but made up for it in the end.

Next week will be an excellent test, even sans Tom Brady. I want to see how our front seven stacks up against an excellent offensive line. Conversely, I want to see us run the ball effectively against NE's front 7. I think we need to temper our optimism with caution. I'm happy with the win, however, it was a rebuilding team with low talent level at the skill positions.

Finally, I want to compliment Chad Pennington. He is a true class act and an inspirational leader. Watching him play that game, even with his deficiencies, makes you wonder how effective he would be in Minnesota within the safety of the dome and no wind.

#2 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Camenzind @ Sep 8 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OFFENSE:

After the first touchdown pass, my brother sent me the following text: "How does it feel to have a real NFL quarterback?"
That statement spoke volumes. It's not just the velocity of the actual throw, but the potential to make that throw that transcends the passing game. Ask yourself this question: Does Thomas Jones gash that defense as effectively as he did if Pennington was under center? The answer is no.

The offensive line played well. They created excellent creases for Jones to run through and provide an excellent seal on his touchdown run. Very impressive. The pass protection may have appeared poor but a closer examinaton (I expect this to be an NFL replay game) revealed that Favre did hold the ball a bit longer than he should have. You could see that he was trying to await someone getting open downfield. The strip sack inside the red zone was a good example.

I was very impressed with the tight end play. Tangini finally sent the white boys back to the truck stop at the Denny's in Iowa(the character players) and brought in some coordination and speed to assist Chris Baker. Nice to see we have NFL quality players at this position once more.

DEFENSE:

I watched that blob Chris Jenkins the whole game. When he was on the field he did his job, clogging that middle. This allowed Harris and Barton to fly in and make tackles. The surge was clearly favoring the D-line, as they were pushing people around out there.

The defensive backs did a good job against pedestrian receivers. Revis dropped an interception but made up for it in the end.
Next week will be an excellent test, even sans Tom Brady. I want to see how our front seven stacks up against an excellent offensive line. Conversely, I want to see us run the ball effectively against NE's front 7. I think we need to temper our optimism with caution. I'm happy with the win, however, it was a rebuilding team with low talent level at the skill positions.

Finally, I want to compliment Chad Pennington. He is a true class act and an inspirational leader. Watching him play that game, even with his deficiencies, makes you wonder how effective he would be in Minnesota within the safety of the dome and no wind.

And by the way, Nugent is gutless mental midget and I've had enough of his BS. I couldn't give a rat's rectum about his thigh bruise. I watched DAvid Akers make kicks on one leg. I no longer care that he was a second round pick. He should be on a short lease. Call Jay Feely NOW.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

I agree with a lot of things, though not with Nugent.

But anyways the OL gave up 3 sacks because Favre wasn't calling the right protections, Favre even admitted it. A lot of times guys were coming in free on blitzes, Favre has to call out the protection better next week against a better defense. Also Brandon Moore and Nick Mangold were having a tough time, both should get better by next week. I was actually impressed with Damien Woody with pass protection, watching him he was showing good feet and a big guy that doesn't get knocked over by a DE (Aka Anthony Clement against the Titans, embarressing), he was also doing a good job sealing the edge in run blocking.Very apparent improvement over last year, my only problem was his penalty that cost a 1st down, that made it 3rd and 7, instead of the 3rd and 2 that TJ picked up like 7 yards on. Our TEs are good this year, Bubba Franks gave up a sack to Joey Porter, but besides that our blocking from our TEs are very good. Franks is a strong blocker usually, keller was used at a lot of positions, I'll like to see him get the ball more, but we'll see as Favre gets more comfortable.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Camenzind @ Sep 8 2008, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

Someone tell me if I am wrong on this stat: Chad has Never brought us from behind 8+ points in 4th qtr to a win. I don't think he has. Watching him almost do it to us was gut wrenching yesterday. But what the hell, we won.

#5 User is offline   jetshenderson Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

You sure could see the creases that Jones will have this year. Seemed for him to get 100 yards last year we would hve to hand him the ball over 35 times. Farve has some to do with this but also having a line is most.
Think we should be able to come out in the second half of games this year and tun out it down teams.
Not having our kicker sure kept this game close and Chad will do good early in the year, probably be different the next time we face them. Brett is still learning the calls for protection.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users