NYJetsFan.com Forums: * Official senior bowl discussion * - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

* Official senior bowl discussion * ---------------------------------------------

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:24 AM

http://www.nfldraftc...ts/obs/123.html

According to nfldraftcountdown.com the Jets have been seen talking to Tony Hunt, RB from Penn State...and Josh Wilson, CB out of Maryland. This doesn't really mean much of anything...but I thought I'd pass the info along.

I really like Josh Wilson...he's probably a mid rounder at the moment...a short guy but absolutely blazing speed...had a really good senior year.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up. If you can find anymore stuff on the Jets and senior Bowl week or the draft in general please post them.

thanks

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:40 AM

First impressions
Early winners and losers as the Senior Bowl kicks off
Posted: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:22PM; Updated: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:31PM

Dwayne Bowe' sure hands and tenacity are making an impression on the NFL's head coaches and general managers in Mobile.

By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Amidst the cold and occasional rain, the 2007 Senior Bowl kicked off on Monday morning. One of the most important weeks of scouting leading up to April's draft, the majority of the NFL's head coaches and general managers are in Mobile to scout the nation's top senior talent.

Here's a breakdown of those who've impressed and those who have not the past two days.

Risers
Dwayne Bowe/WR/LSU: The Tigers' big possession wide out has caught everything thrown his way during the first two practices. Bowe has shown soft, natural hands yet at the same time a mean streak when he must battle for the reception.

David Irons/CB/Auburn: Over shadowed by his brother (Kenny) throughout college, Irons has stood tall here in Mobile. He has shown the ability to shutdown opponents and has battled hard every day. His efforts have been commended by the coaches and Irons has significantly improved his draft stock.

Antonio Johnson/DT/Mississippi State: The big athletic tackle has far and away been the best lineman on the South team. Johnson has been quick off the ball and tough to stop. He has bull-rushed defenders off the line or finessed his way past them. NFL scouts always knew Johnson had great potential and he's starting to show it at the Senior Bowl.

Adam Carriker/DL/Nebraska: If Johnson is the best defensive lineman on the South then Carriker is the best one on the field to date. Carriker has also been impossible to stop, displaying a great combination of power, speed and smarts.

Tony Hunt/RB/Penn State: Hunt surprised everyone by checking in a little heavier than expected at 239 pounds. Yet that seems to have positively affected his game. Hunt has been a monster carrying the ball on the inside and equally productive as a blocker.

Sliders

Joe Newton/TE/Oregon State: The big tight end has looked slow and sluggish. And while he's effectively caught the ball, most of his receptions have come no more than five yards off the line of scrimmage. To make matters worse Newton's blocking has been subpar.

Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina: A terrific athlete, Bennett is struggling with his football skills in Mobile. Slow to react, Bennett has gotten beat a number of times and seems to be doing too much thinking and not enough playmaking.

Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno State: McCauley has been beaten like a drum the past two days. Consistently giving up deep receptions, McCauley has also allowed numerous catches in underneath coverage.

Ryan Harris/OL/Notre Dame: While fundamentally sound, Harris has not shown the bulk or strength to stay with Senior Bowl players, never mind NFL stars. Used at both tackle positions, he's been pushed off the ball all week.

Tyler Palko/QB/Pittsburgh: A try-hard passer with solid short-range accuracy, Palko has not displayed the arm strength or physical stature to play at the next level.

Senior Bowl Notes: After pulling out of the game late in the process, Brady Quinn of Notre Dame stepped in front of a small gathering of the media here Sunday night. Quinn explained the injury was a bursar sac in his right knee and was recommended to sit this one out by renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews. While many are still skeptical about the whole situation Quinn hung around for two days and interviewed with NFL teams, facing the music. Another player drawing the ire of NFL scouts for pulling out of the contest is offensive tackle Joe Thomas of Wisconsin. Thomas explained he felt he had nothing to gain playing in the Senior Bowl. Scouts on hand remarked all Thomas had to do was look at the performance of D'Brickashaw Ferguson from a year ago. One so good it solidified Ferguson as a top-four pick

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

ooooooooooooooo colors...haha...maybe we should make a Senior Bowl Thread that we can put all the new info into...you're a mod Dubb....get on it.hhaa...combine our threads
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooooooooooooooo colors...haha...maybe we should make a Senior Bowl Thread that we can put all the new info into...you're a mod Dubb....get on it.hhaa...combine our threads

Ahhhhhhhhhhh good idea!

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

Watch Senior Bowl vids here

http://www.putfile.c...onstonker/media

#7 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jan 24 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch Senior Bowl vids here

http://www.putfile.c...onstonker/media

Those are really good quality. You kick ass bro. Nice find.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Wow...from what I have seen of him at Senior Bowl practices and from what every person has written about him...Adam Carriker is looking fantastic out there. Now opinions usually vary a lot...you'll read one guy saying so-and-so is dropping a lot of balls...and some other guy say so-and-so is catching everything in sight. So to see everyone unanimously praise Carriker is pretty impressive. Maybe we'd have to take him the first round to get him after all...

I also like what I saw from Brandon MeBane...I originally thought of him as a possible 3-4 DE...but he came into the Senior Bowl at 6'1" and 305 lbs. So he may be able to add a few more pounds and be a NT...he is the classic overachiever...a good and smart leader whogets more production that he should out of his physical skills. Saw him bull rush the shit out of big time prospect Dan Mozes...wow...they said he has also played some nose in his career...so keep an eye on him...Mangini type.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

the two most impressive lineman i've seen are Adam Carriker on D and Josh Beekman on O.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (DewayneDontSign @ Jan 24 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the two most impressive lineman i've seen are Adam Carriker on D and Josh Beekman on O.

I'd agree completely...Beekman slammed Okoye to the ground.

You know has looked poor? LaMarr Woodley...haven't seem him do anything but get pancaked...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd agree completely...Beekman slammed Okoye to the ground.

You know has looked poor? LaMarr Woodley...haven't seem him do anything but get pancaked...

i know, i really think Woodley best chance at succeeding is at 3-4 OLB, because he is just not big enough and not fast and quick enough like Freeney to make up for it to succeed on a consistant basis against pro T's. Anthony Spencer looked good and beat Levi Brown once or twice.

#12 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

Wow! What really surprises me is Dwayne Bowe WR from LSU. His Junior year this guy couldnt catch a cold and this past season hes come on and made some nice catches and become a reliable target. IT makes sence considering his Junior year he was legally blind and he got laser eye surgery. What a DRASTIC improvement it has been for this kid. Its surprising that a guy who use to see 3 footballs commin at him every time now can adept that qucikly and develop great hands. My hats off to him and hope he does well in the nfl. cool2.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

In some mocks McAuley has been predicted as a 1st rounder but if he slips to the 2nd do you think Tangini may consider him if he is available with our 2nd 2nd rounder like with Justin Miller when we picked him. I'd only target a CB early if we don't sign one in FA though, if that happens could this be a viable posibility?

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 24 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In some mocks McAuley has been predicted as a 1st rounder but if he slips to the 2nd do you think Tangini may consider him if he is available with our 2nd 2nd rounder like with Justin Miller when we picked him. I'd only target a CB early if we don't sign one in FA though, if that happens could this be a viable posibility?

Ive been saying it for weeks that McCauley is crap. The guy is more of a project than Justin Miller is. Atleast Miller was good in college...McCauley cant even cover college WRs...hes crap. Im glad people are finally starting to realize what crap McCauley is. He will fall big time in the draft...possibly second day.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

I wouldnt mind Tony Hunt somewhere in the draft, he would be a nice complement to Leon Washington.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 24 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been saying it for weeks that McCauley is crap. The guy is more of a project than Justin Miller is. Atleast Miller was good in college...McCauley cant even cover college WRs...hes crap. Im glad people are finally starting to realize what crap McCauley is. He will fall big time in the draft...possibly second day.

yeah McCauley is a real physical talent, but really lacks cover skills. He was even benched this year for his poor play. A guy who has looked good when watching him was David Irons, he had a one on one with a very fast Higgins and stayed with him perfect on a comeback route and made a great break on the ball and broke it up and would have picked it if he didn't slip a little.

#17 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

At any rate we need to fix the secondary, I'm tired of seeing guys who give receivers 10 yards of space.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jan 24 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At any rate we need to fix the secondary, I'm tired of seeing guys who give receivers 10 yards of space.

It's called not having a pass rush bottom line. A good pass rush compliments a average secondary. Again here we are talking about DL and LB's. The biggest concern

#19 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jan 24 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your not really going to find any guys who can do that immediately in this draft.......at least where we pick..............also on alot of mocks i see mccauley going to us in the 1st I've always hated that
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#20 User is offline   Requiem Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

Jets looked at Ryan McBean today according to Scott Wright.. Possible Kimo replacement.. He has all the talent you look for but is very raw.. At 6'5 he has room to fill out a little bit more.. He's at 277 now but ideally should be around 300.. Still prefer Carriker

I'm not too crazy about hunt.. But I wouldn't mind Mickens v2.0.. A player like Wilson is very valuable.. He would be a great asset as a Nickelback.. If drafted I wouldnt be suprised if Mangini eventuually developed him into a solid starter..

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users