NYJetsFan.com Forums: Protein Supplements - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Protein Supplements

#1 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

hey, liek i said before, i am going to be doing alot of training and lifting during the summer for next years baseball season. I am looking into taking some kind of supplement that will help aid the muscles i am building. I heard about whey protein, and thats seems the way to go, does anybody have a better idea? I just want to take a little something that will help me build the muscle, i am not looking into creatine and all of that, just maybe a protein boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
user posted image

#2 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (x80NyJeTs28x @ Jun 15 2005, 07:10 PM)
hey, liek i said before, i am going to be doing alot of training and lifting during the summer for next years baseball season.  I am looking into taking some kind of supplement that will help aid the muscles i am building.  I heard about whey protein, and thats seems the way to go, does anybody have a better idea?  I just want to take a little something that will help me build the muscle, i am not looking into creatine and all of that, just maybe a protein boost. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

Isn't that steroids? Just not adding testosterone and not making your balls shrink.
Just eat meat, eat cheese, have yogurt, drink milk, and workout, the best way is the natural way! good.gif

I think. scare.gif
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#3 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:50 PM

protein and creatine for that matter are natural, theyre in your body. eating a steak and drinking a protein shake are not much different at all. and by the way, im curious about what you mean when you said "....creatine and all that..." there are a lot of misconceptions about the stuff and from someone who takes it and knows 15-20 people that also take it, id recommend it to anyone. some people think its a steroid, some people think it fills your muscles with water and that bad, people think a lot of things, but most of them are wrong. it is not anykind of steroid and has nothing to do with testosterone or any hormones. creatine does put water into your muscles, but this is the best way ive heard it explained.....

when you are doing anaerobic exercises (lifting), your muscles burn off the water that is naturally in them first, then lactic acid comes into play and will most likely causes you to stop lifting. by bringing more water into you muscles, you can lift for longer.

i dont know all the science, but ive asked 2 doctors about health effects, and used it on and off for 2 years with nothing but 10-15 pounds and a ton more strength. not sure how much of it would have come if i didnt take it, but i am convinced that it helped a lot.

note: drink a lot of water to keep flushing out your kidneys. the only negative thing it can do is gum up in your kidneys if you dont stay hydrated, but most people stay hydrated anyway.

#4 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (ellisjersey92 @ Jun 16 2005, 12:25 AM)
protein and creatine for that matter are natural, theyre in your body. eating a steak and drinking a protein shake are not much different at all. and by the way, im curious about what you mean when you said "....creatine and all that..." there are a lot of misconceptions about the stuff and from someone who takes it and knows 15-20 people that also take it, id recommend it to anyone. some people think its a steroid, some people think it fills your muscles with water and that bad, people think a lot of things, but most of them are wrong. it is not anykind of steroid and has nothing to do with testosterone or any hormones. creatine does put water into your muscles, but this is the best way ive heard it explained.....

when you are doing anaerobic exercises (lifting), your muscles burn off the water that is naturally in them first, then lactic acid comes into play and will most likely causes you to stop lifting. by bringing more water into you muscles, you can lift for longer.

i dont know all the science, but ive asked 2 doctors about health effects, and used it on and off for 2 years with nothing but 10-15 pounds and a ton more strength. not sure how much of it would have come if i didnt take it, but i am convinced that it helped a lot.

note: drink a lot of water to keep flushing out your kidneys. the only negative thing it can do is gum up in your kidneys if you dont stay hydrated, but most people stay hydrated anyway.

Taking a cheap vtamin suppleent like Milk Thistle Extract will help your kidneys out if you go heavy on the protein intake.

#5 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

this is an excerpt from mens health magazine, june 2005 issue...

"All creatine does is force fluid into the muscle; Your body will do that itself if there's enough water available"
-Carter Hays, C.S.C.S., a Houston-based personal trainer

no matter what supplement you use... the bottom line is putting in the work!!! glad to hear you guys are motivated... i may get my self to the gym one of these days too...
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#6 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:09 PM

CREATINE also helps your body to recover after a grueling workout. I train people in GOLDs GYm in Lexington, Ky and it works. But there is no excuse for not working hard in the gym. Milk Thistle will help your liver stay healthy but I also urge my trainees to stagger their CREATINE intake. They are on it a few months and then take a week off from it. That is recommended by ISSA. A great diet will do wonders for a body. Extra PROTEIN is not necessary at this time in your workouts. When you are into it and doing Cardio too, protein will help maintain your lean muscle mass and even add to it. BUT there is NO way around working out hard using a great range of motion and thoroughly challanging your muscles every workout!
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

#7 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

I am surprised that ISSA would actually have reccomendations for creatine... but thats good that they at least have some kind of suggestions for it...

you can use protein to help yourself recover along with things such as raisins to eliminate free radicals around a workout... i just do not like supplemetns... i realize that they help, and are convenient... and all the top models, athletes and actors use supplements like whoa... but i am a purist an dbelieve it should come from chicken and such...

alas i am inclined to face reality and say party on wayne... party on garth
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#8 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

Been a cretaine user for years. I cycle every 2 months. Love that product.

#9 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Jun 22 2005, 10:08 PM)
Been a cretaine user for years. I cycle every 2 months. Love that product.

ME TOO! I am 67 years old and workout hard daily! Thank you CREATINE! fishfry.gif
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users