NYJetsFan.com Forums: Black Coaches In The Nfl - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (22 November 2014 - 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Black Coaches In The Nfl

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:05 AM

I saw this from a different forum and thought he brings up some good points about this particular issue.

This is not me saying this but read it he brings up some good points.

Whats your guys thought about this and please can we keep this thread clean NO bullshit.gif

Black coaches in the NFL...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a jet fan im all for it! Now I know this maybe could be a "NFL thread" kinda post but im doing this because of the Jets (Herm aswell as Henderson)

Also I dont want this to turn into a race thread {I myself am mixed,white mom and black father}

But is it me or is it like this... Alot of black players really would love to play for a black coach...

There will always be a place for the white man in the NFL (Most def as a linebacker) But most position "stars" today are black... And I feel having a black coach gives the team a lil swagger. a lil chip on the sholder because they are a lil dif as a team.

Is what im saying is I am glad the Jets have 2 Black coaches... Herm and Henderson...

Ask yourself this... Would Henderson have come to the Jets without Herm being here? Maybe so, but I doubt it.

Would T.Law have come to NY if it wasnt for Henderson or shall I say Herm?
Prob not.

I know race is just a color, but I believe having a black coach is a great thing.
White, Black, a coach is a coach.

IMO I just feel that these 2 coaches together will have some more big name FA's to come to the Jets in the future... For the simple fact that alot of black playes can relate to a black coach... kinda like a father figure.

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:21 AM

Personally I agree with him. Alot of the players and stars for that matter are african american. We just so happen to have two african american coaches.

I think the players can really relate to our coaches just because the majority of them are black. Although I do agree that a coach is a coach but race plays a small positive factor with this particular issue and I believe that Herm's title as a players coach kind of fits that role believe it or not. I would really love to have two african american coaches on one team that bring us a superbowl just for all the skeptic's out there.

#3 User is offline   #73jetsfan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Music Art, and Sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:10 PM

Im tired of the race card being played on everything ! Quite simple ,It should be
its the best man for the job ! Thats it ! This is just a game !
But it is also a multi million dollar buisness.Do your job,or they will find someone
else who can.
As in the military,I was taught team work:
Improvise,adapt,and overcome ! For it is team work,that brings victory !
There is no Black ,or White! For we all bleed Red !
I am a white man,yes,but when I was in Marine boot camp,My drill sgt, was a black man,who taught me how to live with honor,and taught me some life lessons,
in which I live my life by.To me ,he is not a black man, he is my brother.

Again,this is just grown men,playing a kids game !
Herm is a leader! He will do his best to get the team ready to play.
The players will listen and play as a team ! If they are lucky,they will enjoy victory
together !
If not,Pink slips,and be shown the door !
" Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation, as Limitation" - Bruce Lee

"You must show no mercy nor have any belief
whatsoever in how others judge you ,
For your greatness will silence them all !"
-Warrior

#4 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

I agree...it's about who is best at the job. Black, white, asian...it doesn't matter. If you love the sport and you love your team then who cares what color the coach is that gets you that ring.

What pisses me off is that crap a few years ago in Detroit. They got in Millen's face about not interviewing enough minority candidates. They knew they were going to hire Mooch. Who wouldn't after what he did with that mess he was left with in SF. I mean, what's worse: not interviewing a minority candidate because they already know who their going to hire, or wasting everyones time (and possibly a shot at another job) when you already have someone that you know is going to get hired? It's not like he interviewed all white men...he interviewed 1 person knowing that was the mand he was going to hire.

#5 User is offline   Will_Miss_Lamont Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (#73jetsfan @ Aug 26 2005, 12:45 AM)
Im tired of the race card being played on everything ! Quite simple ,It should be
its the best man for the job !  Thats it ! This is just a game !
But it is also a multi million dollar buisness.Do your job,or they will find someone
else who can.
   Improvise,adapt,and overcome !  For it is team work,that brings victory !
I am a white man,yes,but when I was in Marine boot camp,My drill sgt, was a black man,who taught me how to live with honor,and taught me some life lessons,

Again,this is just  grown men,playing a kids game !
Herm is a leader!  He will do his best to get the team ready to play.
The players will listen and play as a team ! If they are lucky,they will enjoy victory
together !

I agree with you. but you also have to think about all of the sh_t that the armed forces have put on gay/lesbian people. it just went from one thing to another. when the armed forces learned that they can use our black azzes to fight then they did so in the civil war, however, the black soldiers had to get paid less and had to go to the front lines....AND THEY DID. now in TODAYS society we are past that situation (maybe not entirely but mostly) but now the problem is "i dont want him here because he's queer or he's a *beep*" honestly, i dont even want to fight and kill other people that has done nothing to me; because once again "as a african american man" this country has done more damage to my culture (what little we as black people have left of) than any other country on this planet. so i say let the gays and lesbos fight because im not doing it. i dont understand how africa has the most gold, platinum, silver and diamonds than any other continent yet its the poorest continent and has the higest case of hiv/aids...trust me you cant relate that to the topic....its just too many politics behind it. GO JETS.

P.S. its not a race thing but truth is truth....keyshawn johnson will mouth off at parcells and gruden but not herm. their is a level of repect that that skin pigmentation brings depending on who's viewing it. "because as of now all us black people have is sports and entertainment until we're even " a quote from jay-z....pretty much is the truth though.

#6 User is offline   ellisjersey92 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

this is off the original topic, but theres a book my father is reading called guns germs and steel. they were showing parts of it on channel 13 i heard, but it talks about how the europeans got the guns and the steel first. also, the europeans lived close to farm animals and built up immunities to certain dieseases carried by them. the people in places like africa and the americas didnt have the immunity and a lot were wiped out.

anyway....my father is from algeria, which isnt sub saharan africa, but the problems there (that have mostly smoothed over) were that the people fought for their independace from the colonial powers, but once they got it, a ton of people left and it was almost like a brain drain. the people left in power were the ones with the guns and the majority of the peopulation didnt have real educations.

edit: really off topic...if anyone wants to respond, i guess make a new thread in man show or something.....this is just going to spin off and kill the original topic.

#7 User is offline   Will_Miss_Lamont Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (ellisjersey92 @ Aug 26 2005, 01:33 AM)
this is off the original topic, but theres a book my father is reading called guns germs and steel. they were showing parts of it on channel 13 i heard, but it talks about how the europeans got the guns and the steel first. also, the europeans lived close to farm animals and built up immunities to certain dieseases carried by them. the people in places like africa and the americas didnt have the immunity and a lot were wiped out.

anyway....my father is from algeria, which isnt sub saharan africa, but the problems there (that have mostly smoothed over) were that the people fought for their independace from the colonial powers, but once they got it, a ton of people left and it was almost like a brain drain. the people left in power were the ones with the guns and the majority of the peopulation didnt have real educations.

edit: really off topic...if anyone wants to respond, i guess make a new thread in man show or something.....this is just going to spin off and kill the original topic.

man, its already here. we could talk about it here its aight. many people post things that have nothing to do with the jets on this part of the forum. well to respond to what you said.....that is true. thats why so many africans died on their way to america because of the living conditions on the boat, the diseases that europeans spreaded to the africans and also from africans commiting suicide saying that they would rather die than to be a slave. i mean think about it....we all learn about the loiusiana purchase right??? school doesnt tell you the real story behind the damn purchase of the land called the "deep south" all of the land that was owned by the colonist was being depleted by all of the growing of crops and cotton so the louisiana purchase was put together and that made up 4 new states and because of that 1 million more africans were lied and held captive to be slaves and work that new land that was rich in minerals. isnt that crazy??? 1million more people were made slaves because the colonist used up all of the resources that they had so they just bought more land.

#8 User is offline   Will_Miss_Lamont Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Will_Miss_Lamont @ Aug 26 2005, 01:49 AM)
man, its already here. we could talk about it here its aight. many people post things that have nothing to do with the jets on this part of the forum. well to respond to what you said.....that is true. thats why so many africans died on their way to america because of the living conditions on the boat, the diseases that europeans spreaded to the africans and also from africans commiting suicide saying that they would rather die than to be a slave. i mean think about it....we all learn about the loiusiana purchase right??? school doesnt tell you the real story behind the damn purchase of the land called the "deep south" all of the land that was owned by the colonist was being depleted by all of the growing of crops and cotton so the louisiana purchase was put together and that made up 4 new states and because of that 1 million more africans were lied and held captive to be slaves and work that new land that was rich in minerals. isnt that crazy??? 1million more people were made slaves because the colonist used up all of the resources that they had so they just bought more land.

oh, and to further note...there has been alot of african lapis (a precious stone) that has been found in the atlantic. it is suggested that it was the jewlery from the slaves that jumped ship.

#9 User is offline   VinnyTheGinny Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:28 AM

I agree with what everone has said, but racism works both ways. I mean, of course it's way more white on black. But in my opinion, the fact that Keshawn would go off on Gruden and Parcells but not Herm is a form of racism. I'm a white man and admittedly racism has never really touched me. Perhaps I would feel differently if it had.

#10 User is offline   Will_Miss_Lamont Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (VinnyTheGinny @ Aug 26 2005, 02:03 AM)
I agree with what everone has said, but racism works both ways.  I mean, of course it's way more white on black.  But in my opinion, the fact that Keshawn would go off on Gruden and Parcells but not Herm is a form of racism.  I'm a white man and admittedly racism has never really touched me.  Perhaps I would feel differently if it had.

i feel ya. but its not a form of racism...but moreless "place-ism" think about it. Black and latinos run american sports but how many football teams are owned by black people? how many baseball teams are owned by latino people. its not a point of racism.....its about rebellion. black people are very athletic due to the fact that the land owners were breeding if you will "superslaves" to work rigorously....this is why we excel in physical activity. if people want to ask..."well what about education"?? i have an answer for that one too. all of the blacks that utilized their brain and was able to read and think outside of the "masters" box were killed. the others that were smart had to hide the fact that they were. like i said...its not racism on that end...its definitely place-ism.

#11 User is offline   jabronidan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (#73jetsfan @ Aug 25 2005, 11:45 PM)
its the best man for the job !  Thats it ! This is just a game !
else who can.
  Improvise,adapt,and overcome !  For it is team work,that brings victory !

Again,this is just  grown men,playing a kids game !
Herm is a leader!  He will do his best to get the team ready to play.
together !

I don't know about you but I bleed green.

I think playing for someone who you can relate too, whether it be race, religion, ethnicity, or anything else, it makes the player-coach relationship a lot better. This was mentioned by someone I think so I am just agreeing with them. beach.gif

2.gif
user posted image

#12 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

I'll say what I said on the "other forum" where this first appeared. If a player's smart, all he should care about when looking at a prospective team is does he have a chance to play, does the team have a chance to win and what type of contract is he being offered. The rest is unimportant.
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#13 User is offline   Will_Miss_Lamont Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (nightowl @ Aug 26 2005, 02:54 AM)
I'll say what I said on the "other forum" where this first appeared. If a player's smart, all he should care about when looking at a prospective team is does he have a chance to play, does the team have a chance to win and what type of contract is he being offered. The rest is unimportant.

thats funny. T.O. is doing that same thing yet he's being ragged though the mud by fans and media. i guess it doesnt matter unless you're a jet though..."abe"....lmao

#14 User is offline   nightowl Icon

• 2005 Best Non-Jets Poster
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Will_Miss_Lamont @ Aug 26 2005, 03:15 AM)
thats funny. T.O. is doing that same thing yet he's being ragged though the mud by fans and media. i guess it doesnt matter unless you're a jet though..."abe"....lmao

No there's a big difference. Owens already signed a contract.
<div class='bbimg'>IPB Image</div>

#15 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

fellas I have all ready posted in the man show topic's of this nature and more.
you all have noticed that through the looking glass of your position in life that things are not what they seem.they rewrite the history books everyday. they have total control over every people in the world and it is getting tighter and tighter . we are being squeezed.want to no more? it us against them. the haves vs the have nots. who has ruled the world in the last 300 years?who has all the wealth?
we are all slaves by ecomonomics not by race.black history is not the only history that people have been enslaved all empires rule the same way.yours is not unique its the norm.follow the golden rule those who have the gold rule.

rbnlive.com
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Kentucky Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Interests:NY Jets and Tony Bennett music!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (VinnyTheGinny @ Aug 26 2005, 01:04 AM)
I agree...it's about who is best at the job.  Black, white, asian...it doesn't matter.  If you love the sport and you love your team then who cares what color the coach is that gets you that ring. 

What pisses me off is that crap a few years ago in Detroit.  They got in Millen's face about not interviewing enough minority candidates.  They knew they were going to hire Mooch.  Who wouldn't after what he did with that mess he was left with in SF.  I mean, what's worse: not interviewing a minority candidate because they already know who their going to hire, or wasting everyones time (and possibly a shot at another job) when you already have someone that you know is going to get hired?  It's not like he interviewed all white men...he interviewed 1 person knowing that was the mand he was going to hire.

Truer words were never spoken! It is about winning not race! Too many fans are loyal to HERM only because of race. What about winning? It makes no diffreence if he was white. If he can't win the big one ala DUNGY, sayonra! blowup.gif
Our time has come! Rex will bring us a Super Bowl victory! Go Jets!

#17 User is offline   rochesterjetsfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

Posted 26 August 2005 - 07:13 AM

One look at this thread is all I need. I judge a man based on "the content of his character, not the color of his skin."

There's a white dude quoting MLK

#18 User is offline   bleedgreen Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

Skin color should have nothing to do with players wanting to come to a team or a team having swagger. It should be all about the best man for the job and if a player feels like he'd rather play for a black coach then shame on him! It shouldn't make a difference what color your coach is. I'm sick of hearing about stuff like this. It's 2005 not 1855!

#19 User is offline   bleedgreen Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Will_Miss_Lamont @ Aug 26 2005, 12:12 AM)
I agree with you. but you also have to think about all of the sh_t that the armed forces have put on gay/lesbian people. it just went from one thing to another. when the armed forces learned that they can use our black azzes to fight then they did so in the civil war, however, the black soldiers had to get paid less and had to go to the front lines....AND THEY DID. now in TODAYS society we are past that situation (maybe not entirely but mostly) but now the problem is "i dont want him here because he's queer or he's a *beep*" honestly, i dont even want to fight and kill other people that has done nothing to me; because once again "as a african american man" this country has done more damage to my culture (what little we as black people have left of) than any other country on this planet. so i say let the gays and lesbos fight because im not doing it. i dont understand how africa has the most gold, platinum, silver and diamonds than any other continent yet its the poorest continent and has the higest case of hiv/aids...trust me you cant relate that to the topic....its just too many politics behind it. GO JETS.
P.S. its not a race thing but truth is truth....keyshawn johnson will mouth off at parcells and gruden but not herm. their is a level of repect that that skin pigmentation brings depending on who's viewing it. "because as of now all us black people have is sports and entertainment until we're even " a quote from jay-z....pretty much is the truth though.
I don't remember Keyshawn ever mouthing off to Parcells, but I do remember him making derogatory remarks about Herm when he was with the Bucs. Obviously he respects Parcells a helluva lot more than Herm and that's ok. Keyshawn doesn't care if his coach is black or white and that's the way it should be.

#20 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:34 AM

Believe what you will bro but as a black man it still exsist's. I would love it if it were like that but thats not the case.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users