NYJetsFan.com Forums: John Clayton: Lions Offered First For Abe And Third. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
santana Icon : (Today, 04:26 PM) initiation is you have to high 5.... 5 pats fans in the span of a week
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) i wonder how ronny is doing as a fins fan lol.
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I think he got sick of being an nfl fan all together
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) but thats just speculation
santana Icon : (Today, 04:55 PM) I know its starting to make me sick
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) bad refs excessive commercials
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) shitty services available to stream it
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) loads of penalties
santana Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) annoying replay system
santana Icon : (Today, 04:57 PM) ambiguous rules where the ref has to fucking explain everything to you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:58 PM) oh and the constant violence out side of the game. domestic abuse. murders. dui cases. gun charges. young players wanting to smoke weed with less repercussion. veteran players wanting less hgh testing to stay healthy and in the league
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) BUY BUD LIGHT GUYS AND A TACOMA NATIONWIDE IS ON YOUR SIDE PAPAJOHNS DISCOUNT DOUBLE fuck you you will buy it!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:59 PM) end rant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:08 PM) lol NFL is a big money business, sometimes to run something that big, your gonna have some a-holes involved. any big company is like that
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) i might not wanna read this then http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38459
santana Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) yeah heard about it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:47 PM) Ellis Lankster has been cut by the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Phillip Adams should of been cut not Lankster
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) IMO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) especially since Adams got fooled on that TD last night
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:02 PM) and still I'm not a mod WTF?!?!?!?!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:09 PM) didn't pass initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) really? They cut Lankster? Phillip Adams doesn't belong on a NFL roster, that guy is just terrible. At least Lankster is a ST stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) why not sign a Champ Bailey or Asante Samuel, at least those guys know how to play. Phillip Adams just embarrassed himself on that one TD play, like that is cut worthy.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:53 PM) Idk if it's Idzik or the order is from Woody, but the Jets are too f***ing cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:14 PM) If we can get Milber healthy and playing, we would be in better shape. He would be our #1 CB and then we have more depth. I don't think Allen and Walls are that bad.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:21 PM) I believe they are trying to roll cap space into next year.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:21 PM) Meanwhile back in hazard county....
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

John Clayton: Lions Offered First For Abe And Third.

#21 User is offline   latinangel5439 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (TimmyLamJones @ Mar 6 2006, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I am with most of you in the fact that I like to READ a rumor on an Espn.com or similar...I did hear during an "update" segment on ESPN radio about 10 minutes ago.. that Detroit has reportedly offered the #9 pick to the Jets.

Until I read...i will hold off on commenting. But wanted some of you one the thread who were getting "beat up" for posting the rumor...that I heard it as well

Yeah I heard the rumor as well on espn radio and I think there's even a comment on it in the newspaper. Everyday, we gonna hear something different about every team so like some you, I'll believe it when I see it happen for real!
IPB Image
Classic pic!

#22 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (TimmyLamJones @ Mar 6 2006, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I am with most of you in the fact that I like to READ a rumor on an Espn.com or similar...I did hear during an "update" segment on ESPN radio about 10 minutes ago.. that Detroit has reportedly offered the #9 pick to the Jets.

Until I read...i will hold off on commenting. But wanted some of you one the thread who were getting "beat up" for posting the rumor...that I heard it as well

I'm not trying to beat him up, I know 08 was just posting something he saw, I'm just saying that I can't believe Detroit actually offered what to my mind is an amazing deal to us. If anything, I think that sounds like our offer to them. But I am glad to hear it was seconded, now I hope someone reports we took the deal sometime soon.

#23 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Mar 6 2006, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not trying to beat him up, I know 08 was just posting something he saw, I'm just saying that I can't believe Detroit actually offered what to my mind is an amazing deal to us. If anything, I think that sounds like our offer to them. But I am glad to hear it was seconded, now I hope someone reports we took the deal sometime soon.

I agree... I wasn't trying to beat him up either although some posters on here have issues with me and want to interpret what I say in their own little crazy minds. Hearing it on the radio or on ESPN is alot different then reading it off of a fansite. If that was the case then it makes it more credible and I for one think it's a pretty good deal considering it's a top 10 pick.

#24 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

John Clayton's credibility has me in question lately. I think he jumps the gun way too much. He has predicted alot of hot air lately. John "pointdexter" Clayton starting to slip and he's begining to piss me off.

#25 User is offline   penningtonpays Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Mar 6 2006, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John Clayton's credibility has me in question lately. I think he jumps the gun way too much. He has predicted alot of hot air lately. John "pointdexter" Clayton starting to slip and he's begining to piss me off.

this would sure as hell redemn his geeky ass

IPB Image

#26 User is offline   latinangel5439 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (sdubb6 @ Mar 6 2006, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never liked that guy anyway, looking like a cross btwn bigbird and beetle bailey!
IPB Image
Classic pic!

#27 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

I, like many others, won't believe this until I see it. It simply doesn't make sense...we've seen junk like this before...where a fansite writes that some ESPN guy reported something. Someone did this last year with a Kellen Winslow Jr. rumor.

It's BS until I see it on ESPN. But if we did I would do as someone else on this topic already said and trade down with Denver and take some guys like Nick Mangold and Antonio Cromartie.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   joeysjets Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (latinangel5439 @ Mar 6 2006, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never liked that guy anyway, looking like a cross btwn bigbird and beetle bailey!

He looks a little like the Swedish Chef too!
[color=#009900]J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

#29 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

no but multiple people saw him report this.
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Mar 6 2006, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no but multiple people saw him report this.

where?
Posted Image

#31 Guest_a1elbow_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Mar 6 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw it a couple days ago on espn news and i heard it on espn radio at some point this weekend.......not tryin to start problems.. i would love this deal .... the best part about this whole thing even if its not true... it eliminates the broncos weak ass offer of the 29 pick for abe..... and the fact crennel loves him and is interested and atlanta is interested all this is gonna do is drive up his price tag, which is the best thing we can ask for.....

the thing about it is those 2 teams the lions and browns have ties to abraham ... crennel has watched him play for years while being in the same division so he knows how good he is and romeo knows his sh!t on D...... and with donnie henderson he coached abe for the last 2 years and goes on record multiple times sayin how much he loves him and when he was here, he kept sayin how bad we need to resign him.... so these RUMORS might not be so far fetched..... i love abe as much as the next guy but with the salary he wants the injury concerns and all.... i would LOVE to make a deal like this happen.

People were suggesting that Detriot was interested, and that they might give up the #9 for Abe and a pick, but this is the first time any credible source has reported that they have actually offered it. But part of the reason I am suspicious of the validity of the posts on those boards is there was so much talk about it.

#32 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

Whoa, guys, where the hell are you getting this Chappelles Show BS? That's BlueLine all the way my friends. I thought I was going on a nice vacation in Jersey, then...ugh... blink.gif
But guys, I was just telling you, I put if I said I heard it, you'd all beleive me. Well now it's true, and let's do it, but I'll miss Abe.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#33 User is offline   xujetfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Mar 6 2006, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw it a couple days ago on espn news and i heard it on espn radio at some point this weekend.......not tryin to start problems.. i would love this deal .... the best part about this whole thing even if its not true... it eliminates the broncos weak ass offer of the 29 pick for abe..... and the fact crennel loves him and is interested and atlanta is interested all this is gonna do is drive up his price tag, which is the best thing we can ask for.....

the thing about it is those 2 teams the lions and browns have ties to abraham ... crennel has watched him play for years while being in the same division so he knows how good he is and romeo knows his sh!t on D...... and with donnie henderson he coached abe for the last 2 years and goes on record multiple times sayin how much he loves him and when he was here, he kept sayin how bad we need to resign him.... so these RUMORS might not be so far fetched..... i love abe as much as the next guy but with the salary he wants the injury concerns and all.... i would LOVE to make a deal like this happen.

I agree, I would do this in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even be upset if the Jets had to throw in a 4th round pick to pull this off. #4 & 9 would be a nice rebuilding chip. or reloading whichever way you prefer to look at it.

#34 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (joeysjets @ Mar 6 2006, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He looks a little like the Swedish Chef too!

The only thing he's missing is his pocket protector

#35 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

yea we would have so many draft picks, with 2 top 10 picks we could get 2 stud players that can either used to get more fire power on offence, or use them to make our deffence dominate, but whatever it is we are set. having the 4th and 9th overall, and a 2nd round and like 3 4th rounders, we have alot of draft picks this year we could serouisly do something in this draft. This draft i think will make or break us. We do not need a LT in the first round we need playmakers right now. we can sign a FA Lt and build depth in the later rounds on linemen since you can get solid players in the later rounds.
Posted Image

#36 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Mar 6 2006, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you continue to call me a retard I have a feeling you'll regret it. If you and Limp Bizkit [aka DJ Really Real ] have something to say then send it to my PM. Otherwise take a hike. The thread title is misleading and it's saying that John Clayton said that the Lions have made an offer to the Jets. It's bullshit until proven otherwise by... hmmm lets see if we're smart enough to bring all this together.... oh yes, that's right, until John Clayton says it on the ESPN site in which he works for. Yeah, let me tell you two fansites get John Clayton tips before the company that pays his salary to do just that, give them articles. Go bother someone else.

LOL, you really honestly are an idiot, aren't you? This thread proves it that the only way you can make fun of me is by the music I listen to, you do it time after time, dude it's time to think of some new material, because this Limp Bizkit shit talking is getting real old, maybe you don't relize that. The thing that makes you so hated around this site, is that you talk shit to people, and make them feel down about themselves. It also seems to me that it looks like your trying to put down Chadin08 for posting this like he really did something wrong. He is just posting from what he heard from John Clayton, who I also believe is an idiot. So if you ask me, and probably Foley, and Blueline as well, why dont you take a hike.

EDIT: you know the pathetic thing, I don't even listen to Limp Bizkit that much anymore, so you gotta find some new material.

#37 User is offline   Sandman Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:02 AM

Threads like these are the reason I end up going on long NYJetsfan vacations.

#38 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

i'm closing this cause the insults are getting out of hand
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +