NYJetsFan.com Forums: Usc, Is It Two Titles Or Three - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Usc, Is It Two Titles Or Three Words of Wisdom from Long Time Jet Fan

#1 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really have no clue what you're talking about yet you try to come on as some know it all. Yes there were too polls but the BCS was what was supposed to crown a national champion. And the BCS is always changing the system, just like they did this year. And I live in Los Angeles. I read all the papers and trust me USC wanted the BCS title and had to "settle" for being the AP champion. And the AP bowed out because of conflict of interest that was brought to the forefront by the events of that year, but had existed from the beginning. I really have to laugh when people like you talk like you have the knowledge but are clueless. Now go find someone without a brain to pick on.

I'm impessed that this bothered you so much that you felt the urge to discuss this with me via PM, but this discussion is best served on a thread of its own. I'm not here to insult you, but as sdubb said, you should grow a pair if you want to partake in these discussions. You state that you live in LA, so that must explain your thin skin. I'm not attacking you, just discussing a topic.

Anyway, I don't try to come on as some know it all. I just state the facts. You posted something that listed about 13 minor polls concerning NCAA champions (one of which had Oklahoma as champs in 2003 even though they got beaten up by LSU). You ignored the fact that there are 2 major polls. The BCS is, and was, a compilation of the Major Polls and minor polls (including computer polls that have been ridiculed ad naseum since the BCS's creation).

Now on to your contenion that the USC Trojans actually won only 1 national title.

USC wanted to be in the 2003 BCS game and should have been in it. The fact is the 2nd and 3rd ranked teams in both MAJOR polls went to the BCS game rather than the 1st ranked team in both polls. You claim that they did not win the national title in 2003, but admit that they were the AP champion that year. Okay then. But the whole purpose of the BCS was to put an end to the split title and it utterly failed in 2003 and thus, for AP Champions, USC's name is listed.

Now onto the whole purpose of this discussion. I had mentioned that Leinart stood in school because he wanted to make history. And history he would have made with a THIRD title, the first one shared and the other two outright. You thought he only wanted to come back to win a 2nd title, but that was simply not the case. And that's where I corrected you.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#2 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

So now you post private messages? You really are a jerk. They're called private for a reason moron.

"The Bowl Championship Series was established before the 1998 season to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has quickly become a showcase for the sport, matching the best teams at the end of the season."

http://www.bcsfootball.org/

#3 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

About the BCS (emphasis added)

USC and the University of Texas met on opposite sides of the football in the 2006 national championship game, but they shared one thing. They were playing for the national title because the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) was in place.

The BCS was established to determine the national champion for college football while maintaining and enhancing the bowl system that's nearly 100 years old. The BCS has quickly become a showcase for the sport, matching the best teams at the end of the season.

The BCS, which runs through the 2009 regular season and 2010 bowl season, consists of the Rose Bowl, Nokia Sugar Bowl, FedEx Orange Bowl, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and the BCS national championship game. Before the start of the 1998 season, the four bowls joined with the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, Pacific-10 and Southeastern Conferences and the University of Notre Dame to form the BCS. Conference USA also signed on to the agreement.

Until the early 1990s the selection process for major bowl matchups with affiliated conference champions was totally disorganized and in many cases resulted in a chaotic situation. Some bowls would effectively make selections after seven or eight games. The BCS has worked to develop a system that not only allows the selection process to be completed at the end of the regular season and creates better matchups.

For the first time in college football history the BCS has opened the bowl agreements more so than they have ever been, and in doing so have elevated the possibility of excitement in college football. But, at the same time, it's being done within the framework of the bowl system that has been an integral part of the tradition and success of college football. Look no further than last season's Rose Bowl matchup as an example of the BCS at its best.

There are two at-large positions in the BCS that are open to any Division I-A team. This allows any Division I-A school in the nation the opportunity to play in a BCS bowl game, should it qualify to play in the National Championship game or be selected by one of the bowls.

The BCS also notes the importance of traditional and regional considerations regarding team selection. Specifically, the four BCS Bowls will host the following conference champions in the years the national championship game is not played at their site.

These consideration tie-ins include the ACC or Big East champion in the FedEx Orange Bowl, the SEC champion in the Nokia Sugar Bowl, the Big Ten and the Pac-10 champions in the Rose Bowl and the Big 12 champion in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

Should a BCS Bowl's host champion be ranked number one or two in the final BCS standings, when such bowl is not hosting the national championship game, the number one- or two-ranked team shall move to the national championship game and the Bowl shall select a replacement team from the BCS pool of eligible teams. The pool will consist of any Division I-A team that is ranked among the Top 12 in the final BCS standings and has achieved at least nine wins during the regular season (excluding NCAA-exempted contests).

#4 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So now you post private messages? You really are a jerk. They're called private for a reason moron.

Yeah SMC, when someone uses a PM to insult you, why don't you just take it quietly man? Jeez, what is the point in the PM if you can't insult people with them?

#5 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Apr 26 2006, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah SMC, when someone uses a PM to insult you, why don't you just take it quietly man? Jeez, what is the point in the PM if you can't insult people with them?

SMC started with the insults and the thread in which he did so was closed. Rather than take it public I replied to his insults in private. If you have a problem with that you're as stupid as he. Now isn't this fun? Everyone sits around making public personal attacks. Gotta love it. jerry.gif

#6 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SMC started with the insults and the thread in which he did so was closed. Rather than take it public I replied to his insults in private. If you have a problem with that you're as stupid as he. Now isn't this fun? Everyone sits around making public personal attacks. Gotta love it. jerry.gif

I checked that out for myself, and I see he called your post moronic, what do you say when you see a post you think is dumb? "This is a well thought out and reasoned post. It makes total sense. However much I think you are intelligent, I think there is a flaw in your design."

In fact, while a lot of other people called you an idiot, SMC had this to say:

By the way, I think you're a smart person, it's just that your point was idiotic. My response was amiable.

Whatever guy.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

i'm gonna have to close this thread
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1