NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why Do You Guys Love Vilma So Much? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

BEARS VS PACK MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBAWLLLL WOO
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (20 September 2014 - 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:14 AM) RIP Rob Bironas
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Could some enlightened person explain why our secondary is such a mess despite tons of cap space? It's a passing league, better fix that soon or we'll see the Packers game all season.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 AM) Grew up watching bironas... Good kicker RIP.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) Well as one aspiring to be an analyst on football i would say it's because we're trying to save up to makes some big moves next year. If you look at next year's potential free agents they're top of the line. If Ryan and Idznik can keep that cap room... Some great things can happen defensively.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) and offensively as well.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:32 PM) Dude bironas was solid that really sucks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:30 PM) Sunday kinda sucks without jets football
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) So who's having JETS withdrawls?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) I didn't even watch any 1pm games cause all they had were the CHEATriots on
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) now I'm flipping between the Den/Sea and the Az/SF games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://cdn.nextimpul...lbergstoned.gif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) HILARIOUS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) kraft is a pathetic troll
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) and even a "fan" of the CHEATriots doesn't even give him any attention
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) I still can't believe we lost to the packers and they go and lose to Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) we lost that game they didn't beat us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) I really hope Decker is able to play tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) but without risking further injury cause we are going to need him later in the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) and our running game better go off tomorrow night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) some good games today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) manning 4th quarter drive was pretty sick
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) so was russels OT drive
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) cousins looks legit for the skins
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) eagles another 4th quarter come back they seem really well conditioned
santana Icon : (Today, 09:58 AM) So will our corners hold up tonight
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:21 AM) we might be lucky cause both marshall and jeffrey are banged up. holmes might hurt us though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) gameday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) finally can watch a game live, pumped
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) We have to get pressure on Cutler, force him into mistakes. Last time we played the Bears I remember Cutler torched us a bit because we gave him all day to throw.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) Hopefully Geno plays a great game tonight, the Bears defense isn't good.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:58 AM) Looks like Milber won't play tonight
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) Milliner's injuries are starting to get annoying
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) Jets D-line needs to wreck havoc on Cutler. if he gets time to pass, Jets won't be able to keep up
santana Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) Fire the conditioning coach!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:56 PM) Bears will be without their starting LG (Matt Slauson) and starting center toight
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) I don't think it's the ankle either with Milber, it's his quad. I didn't think the Jets should have played him last week, he was clearly not ready. High ankle sprains can linger, we need him back 100%
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Milber lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) I wish the Jets would sign Barrnet too
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 03:00 PM) Anybody know who's playing on Monday night football tonight?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) lol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) dumbass of the year? http://theredzone.or...k-/Default.aspx
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Do You Guys Love Vilma So Much?

#41 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 24 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that's what I'm talking about! Chrebet is the type of player I want. He didn't have those huge statistical seasons but he was the go to guy on 3rd down, made almost catch thrown to him and like you said a local guy and a huge underdog. Now Vilma doesn't make the big hits or sacks but is steady. Don't get me wrong, I like vilma and he is the type of character you want on a team, I just want a dominant big hitter to go along with it. What Vilma brings to the team right now can be replaced. There are plenty of LB's that are smart and can make the tackles he does in the 3-4 so if we can get a top 15 pick for him, why not? If not then lets hope he develops into that type of player.

Okay, so wait, you like Chrebet since he's the steady, nonflashy type. Okay cool. Now you're saying that Vilma doesn't make those bone jarring hits, and what he does can be replaced??? So, then couldn't Wayne have been MUCH easier to replace???
But I think in regards of trading him, yes, we can get a top 15 pick from a 4-3 team, and even if he were to struggle this year in the 3-4, I still would think we can get a top 15 pick for him. But I think if anyone in our front 7 is to go (outside of Kimo) it would be Robertson. He's struggled more and has had more oppurtunities. With those bad knees to add on, I'd think if you get rid of him now, it would be best, and try Pouha/draft pick.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#42 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

nope.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#43 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Jan 27 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope.

So insightful...
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 24 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd rather switch back to a 4-3 than trade Vilma.

why would we change the system for just one guy.........i love vilma but one guy doesnt mean that mangini should change his philosophies....if we did that then really why would we need mangini? And the 3-4 is the best defense when it has all the right pieces look at the pats and steelers both have 3-4 defenses and won the last 4 superbowls.......we dont have the pieces right now but were getting there........as far as vilma getting traded thats crazy he's the perfect guy to build this D around......he's a leader, a team player, young, and a great talent......give him a solid D-line and he'll cause havoc once again
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#45 User is offline   feelingreen05 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

intangibles... he has "it"

#46 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

our problems don't come from vilma. it's our d line.

#47 User is offline   51Vilma Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Vilma is Awesome, our D-Line need work, case closed.

#48 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So insightful...

oh I was answering Ron's last question:Do you guys really think he's in the class of Zach Thomas or Ray Lewis? nope, and I think Zach thomas is better then Ray.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

You guys are acting like Vilma was a sack/tackle for a loss machine in his first 2 seasons with the 4-3. He's never been a highlight reel tackler.. even in his Pro Bowl season. He's a fast, efficient LB who does the job. He's classy, and players respect him, which is important on any team. Instead of trying to take away from him, we should acknowledge how the players around him had their best seasons in years, and just how instrumental he was in that.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users