NYJetsFan.com Forums: I'm Am Now 100% Sold On Cutler - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I'm Am Now 100% Sold On Cutler he's the Jets knight in shining armor

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:11 AM

Forget you guy's and saying that Cutler is a hype machine. This guy truly is an amazing athlete. I watched the combine all day on Sunday sometime's seeing the same event twice and Jay Cutler is the TRUTH. He threw alot of balls and hardly missed and the WR's were saying "You better have your head on a swivle because the ball get's on you in a hurry". The guy made every throw with ease, his *beep*y arrogant attitude and sure of himself ability. He also took part in the 225lbs bench in which he benched 225lbs 25 times, that was what one of the top rated interior offensive lineman was pushing at best. (are you kidding me!), not to mention his 40 time was good. He took part in every drill and dominated in every aspect. Ball placement to velocity he had it. Another thing that stands out to me is on a large percentage of his throws playing for Vandy are with him getting popped in the mouth and making "thread the needle" type of throw's and for all you hater's who doubt this mans ability are in for a rude awakening. If you thought the Jay "cut's" stock couldn't get any better. Right now it's sky-rocketing. At 6'3 210 plus he's a big,stong "gerthy" guy who in my opinion is the exact opposite of Penninton. If you want a Q.B that can weather the storm the only top flight Q.B that can is Cutler. I seriously can't say enough about this guy when his only hang-up's are mehanics and decision making is a far cry from any true weakness. In my eye's as well as many other scout's,G.M's,coaches he is the best Q.B in the draft hands down.

Before this week we were saying that taking him at 4 was insane and even I thought so but right now we might have to trade up to get him. He's that good.

Sorry to make another thread on Cutler and you don't have to respond to it just read it and take it into consideration.

Thanx.

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:18 AM

While I do agree with you on how good Cutler is, for future reference, when trying to convince people of how god he is...don't say his only downfall is mechanics and decision-making. Those are two of the most important things in a QB making the transition from college to the NFL. A guy can get by on talent alone in college (Vince Young), but they have to get the job down to a science in order to be able to do it in the pro's.

Decision-making is the most crucial element to a QB...so I would just leave that little tid bit out when defending Cutler...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Feb 27 2006, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I do agree with you on how good Cutler is, for future reference, when trying to convince people of how god he is...don't say his only downfall is mechanics and decision-making. Those are two of the most important things in a QB making the transition from college to the NFL. A guy can get by on talent alone in college (Vince Young), but they have to get the job down to a science in order to be able to do it in the pro's.

Decision-making is the most crucial element to a QB...so I would just leave that little tid bit out when defending Cutler...

Well like I've said before you have to weigh in the variables. When you are playing for team with a serious lack of talent you are going to push the envelope alittle. He's making some crazy throw's sometimes because he's behind in a game or they need some production. Also I'm not going to make Cutler look like god, I am going to be throwing in all the variable's wether they are bad or good. I'm am evaluating talant and I'm not going to make a guy seem flawless. Every player has issue's and those are his only 2 and I guess only 1 really just for the simple fact mechanic's can be fixed overnight depending on the player's learning curve.

Mechanic's can be cleaned up and I'm sorry but when players get to the next level they are getting the best training possible in the football world and mechanic's going into the combine and draft are NOT that important because mechaical issue's can be fixed and buffed in no time.

#4 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:40 AM

He's a good athlete. But his footwork is horrible. Most of his INTs are due to not setting up correctly to throw the ball. Falling back and throwing the ball. How will he react to the speed rushers in the NFL. Throwing on your back foot will result in INTs. DBs are too quick in the NFL not key on that mistake.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Feb 27 2006, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's a good athlete. But his footwork is horrible. Most of his INTs are due to not setting up correctly to throw the ball. Falling back and throwing the ball. How will he react to the speed rushers in the NFL. Throwing on your back foot will result in INTs. DBs are too quick in the NFL not key on that mistake.

I feel you dawg but you have to take into consideration that footwork and fundementals are going to be treated at the next level. I also heard Mayock say that he's working on them with a pro trainer as we speak. I'm not worried about foot work and technique if anything I'm worried about his decision making and hopefully he has just cause for those mistakes.

#6 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:50 AM

Footwork can allways be worked on.. he is the Best QB in the draft.. I have not seen Lienart or Young do anything yet to impress me
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Vilma#51 @ Feb 27 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Footwork can allways be worked on.. he is the Best QB in the draft.. I have not seen Lienart or Young do anything yet to impress me

Young and Leinart are going to perform on their pro days in front of league. They aren't in physical drills or skill drills.

#8 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

im a 100% sold that if the jets take culter over vince young they r the stupidest team in the league.

has any1 forgot what he did in the rose bowl he kind of took the long horns on his back and won that game.he can run and pass.
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

Mike Vick could run and pass in college extremely well, don't forget that.

#10 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

The last guy to shoot up the draft boards to the top 5 out of nowhere, being a combine wonder with a short resume was DeWayne Robertson. How's that worked out with the Jets?
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#11 User is offline   Coleman26 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Im a New York child never mistake me for a floridian...I play football,Basketball, and Baseball and hope to play 1 at a professional level... I too love the new york jets...

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:32 AM

Does any1 remember a guy named Joe Namath .... If I recall correctly he threw of of his back fo0t too... not saying hes namath but u cant bitch about it cuase the jets greatest did it too... Brett Favre throws off his back foot and the velocity this kidd throws with does compare to elway and favre... But hes still a gamble and in my eyes its a gamble we need to take if leinart and young are gone....

#12 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Coleman26 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does any1 remember a guy named Joe Namath .... If I recall correctly he threw of of his back fo0t too... not saying hes namath but u cant bitch about it cuase the jets greatest did it too... Brett Favre throws off his back foot and the velocity this kidd throws with does compare to elway and favre... But hes still a gamble and in my eyes its a gamble we need to take if leinart and young are gone....

The back foot is not the biggest issue, it's the propensity to make bad reads and force the ball. What also troubles me is that QBs on bad college teams like Steve McNair and Eli Manning for example, put up big numbers but somehow Cutler is given a slide. He should have been putting up Kobe-esque numbers but he wasn't. That raises a flag for me.

Leinart had the best response to a question on Cutler. Leinart said, "I've been a winner my whole career. That's the most important thing. I just win."
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#13 User is offline   Coleman26 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Im a New York child never mistake me for a floridian...I play football,Basketball, and Baseball and hope to play 1 at a professional level... I too love the new york jets...

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (SMC @ Feb 27 2006, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The back foot is not the biggest issue, it's the propensity to make bad reads and force the ball. What also troubles me is that QBs on bad college teams like Steve McNair and Eli Manning for example, put up big numbers but somehow Cutler is given a slide. He should have been putting up Kobe-esque numbers but he wasn't. That raises a flag for me.

Leinart had the best response to a question on Cutler. Leinart said, "I've been a winner my whole career. That's the most important thing. I just win."

yeah I agree with you 1oo% but if leinarts gone we have to take a chance on him in my eyes...
It would be a chance drafting d'brick becuase its been seen before that a great o-linemen is taking and becuase he never has nothing to play for (being that his qb sucks) he never lives up to his reputation... No matter what we should get a qb in the 1st round either leinart young or if it has to be then cutler... But i think the best thing to do would be to trade up to the #1 from the texans abraham and this years 3rd next years 1st ....draft bush and w/e of the three quarterbacks is left

#14 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Coleman26 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah I agree with you 1oo% but if leinarts gone we have to take a chance on him in my eyes...
It would be a chance drafting d'brick becuase its been seen before that a great o-linemen is taking and becuase he never has nothing to play for (being that his qb sucks) he never lives up to his reputation... No matter what we should get a qb in the 1st round either leinart young or if it has to be then cutler... But i think the best thing to do would be to trade up to the #1 from the texans abraham and this years 3rd next years 1st ....draft bush and w/e of the three quarterbacks is left

I see what you're saying. But if Leinart's gone and D'Brick and Cutler are sitting there at 4 with the Jets on the clock, the pick, in my mind, has to be D'Brick. It just has to be. The guy has faults, as all prospects do, but he's been stellar for his career, was impressive during Senior Bowl week and has made a good showing at the combines. Lock up the left side for 10 to 12 years (that's what happens when you draft a franchise LT). Franchise LTs are Canton bound; that's just the way the system works. Franchise QBs, on the otherhand, are not necessarily HOFers.

In the end, the Jets 1st round pick has to be a perrennial pro-bowl caliber player, whomever it is, or else this team will be in bad shape for 5 + years.

#15 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

this is from an artical this morning. Mon,Feb 27

Everyone seems to love the 6-3, 226-pound Cutler's arm and talent, but the knock on him is that he played for a losing program. He was a four-year starter, but the Commodores went 11-35 over that span. He was the SEC Offensive Player of the Year as a senior, throwing for 3,073 yards and 21 touchdowns, but his team went 5-6.

Even Leinart, while mostly praising Cutler, couldn't help but note what he called the biggest difference between the two.

"I've been a winner my whole career," Leinart said. "That's the most important thing. I just win."

"I got it done without a lot of guys around me," Cutler countered. "Nothing against those guys, I love them to death, but I didn't have All-Americans scattered across the field and I had to adjust, I had to deal with pressure. So I think it is going to help me going to the next level, dealing with adversity and being able to succeed through it."

Cutler, the only one of the top three quarterbacks to work out at the combine, enjoyed his biggest success last season, leading Vandy to a 4-0 start before a six-game slide. During that skid, though, he threw for 339 yards in a 35-28 loss at South Carolina, 361 yards and four touchdowns in a 49-42 overtime loss at Florida, and 395 yards and five touchdowns in a 48-43 loss to Kentucky.

But he really grabbed the spotlight in his career finale, when he completed 27 of 39 passes for 315 yards and three touchdowns in a 28-24 victory at Tennessee

http://www.nydailyne...4p-334963c.html

#16 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:53 AM

Bret Favre threw off his back foot and been picked off a lot because of that. Namath too. Cutller does it more. Cutler is no Favre.

#17 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Feb 27 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bret Favre threw off his back foot and been picked off a lot because of that. Namath too. Cutller does it more. Cutler is no Favre.

iagree.gif
Posted Image Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (reg83ny @ Feb 27 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally agree. I laugh when i hear that from many scouts
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#19 User is offline   JetSon Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

Do people actually prefer Cutler to Leinart, I guess so.
<b><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Hypnotic and Witty Signature here.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></b>

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

It’s the same reason why eli threw so many INTs his first year then his second year he fixed his mechanics and did better. Cutler has all the natural talent he just needs good coaching to have the right mechanics. Luckily mechanics and decision making can be improved. This is where I wish we had Hackett as a QB coach. He did a great job with chad and simms
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users