NYJetsFan.com Forums: Who's Dumber, Leinart Or Young? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who's Dumber, Leinart Or Young?

#1 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:25 AM

With all the talk about Young's Wonderlic score I'd almost say Leinart. Consider the following:

Last year Leinart had just won a national championship and the Heisman trophy. He would have been the number one pick in the draft (highly likely), which led to a guaranteed $24M contract. But Matt decides he wants to stay in school and try for another championship. Of course he doesn't get it and now there's the possibility he won't even be a top 10 pick (I know that's remote but see the latest PFT article).

The way I look at it the purpose of college is to prepare you for the workforce. It's not to have a good time, it's not to set college records, it's not to meet hot chicks, it's to get you ready (as much as possible in that setting) to face the real world. So Leinart was set. He had it all. But he gave it up. For what? Now I ask you, just how smart is that?

#2 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:What life has to offer.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With all the talk about Young's Wonderlic score I'd almost say Leinart. Consider the following:

Last year Leinart had just won a national championship and the Heisman trophy. He would have been the number one pick in the draft (highly likely), which led to a guaranteed $24M contract. But Matt decides he wants to stay in school and try for another championship. Of course he doesn't get it and now there's the possibility he won't even be a top 10 pick (I know that's remote but see the latest PFT article).

The way I look at it the purpose of college is to prepare you for the workforce. It's not to have a good time, it's not to set college records, it's not to meet hot chicks, it's to get you ready (as much as possible in that setting) to face the real world. So Leinart was set. He had it all. But he gave it up. For what? Now I ask you, just how smart is that?

Sorry, dude, but your whole premise is idiotic.

You don't get it do you? He gave it up for greatest. He gave it up for history, the insatiable desire for victory that few athletes have. He risked his health and financial well being to do what no other QB has done in modern collegiate history.

But then we have moronic posts like this. Is money everything, smart guy? Is this going to be Leinart's only contract? He doesn't think so. So he could have gotten $24 million in guarantees, but will "ONLY" get $15 million. Wow, break out the food stamps and welfare checks for the Leinarts. He's making more money than he ever made or his parents made in their collective lifetimes combined. He also will have a chance to make HUGE money for his next contract.

There's an addage in sports, if you look for your first contract to be your biggest then you are not long for the sport.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#3 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 26 2006, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't get it do you? He gave it up for greatest. He gave it up for history, the insatiable desire for victory that few athletes have. He risked his health and financial well being to do what no other QB has done in modern collegiate history.

But then we have moronic posts like this. Is money everything, smart guy? Is this going to be Leinart's only contract? He doesn't think so. So he could have gotten $24 million in guarantees, but will "ONLY" get $15 million. Wow, break out the food stamps and welfare checks for the Leinarts. He's making more money than he ever made or his parents made in their collective lifetimes combined. He also will have a chance to make HUGE money for his next contract.

There's an addage in sports, if you look for your first contract to be your biggest then you are not long for the sport.

So tell me this, assuming you went to college, which seems a dubious assumption at best, why? The greatest? The greatest what? History? Like anyone would remember that he won two championships (he didn't). What do you think is the purpose of college? To make history? Leinart's decision is one of the worst I've seen in college sports. He was set for the pros and he gave it up. And you're right. I don't get it. It's something I'd never do. I left graduate school when I felt prepared to enter the workforce and make the best living possible. College is there to prepare you for the rest of your life. He was prepared. And let's see how far he drops before you start giving him $15M guaranteed. And BTW, thanks for the amiable reply.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:14 AM

your an idiot. maybe he didn't feel like he was ready last year and he needed a nother year? also maybe he didn't want to play for the niners but wanted to be classy about it? maybe he's such a competitor and loves the game so much that he'd throw away that money to try to be the best College QB of all time before becoming the best NFL QB of all time. did u ever think about those possibilities?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Apr 26 2006, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your an idiot. maybe he didn't feel like he was ready last year and he needed a nother year? also maybe he didn't want to play for the niners but wanted to be classy about it? maybe he's such a competitor and loves the game so much that he'd throw away that money to try to be the best College QB of all time before becoming the best NFL QB of all time. did u ever think about those possibilities?

Before you call someone an idiot at least don't look like one doing so. It's "You're an idiot," not "your an idiot." No Heisman! No national championship! No #1 pick! No $24M dollars in guaranteed money! Ever think about that?

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 26 2006, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In case you missed it here's the PFT article (emphasis added).

TEAM LEINART BRACING FOR SLIDE?

At a time when former USC tailback Reggie Bush is dealing with an unwelcome distraction that could disrupt his plan to be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, his teammate who could have been the first pick in 2004 could now be facing a slide conjuring memories of the Aaron Rodgers plunge in 2005.

A source close to the Leinart camp tells us that Matt's handlers have accepted the reality that the Titans won't be drafting their guy at No. 3, barring a dramatic reversal of the current intention to acquire Texas quarterback Vince Young. Per the source, new Leinart agent Tom Condon has attempted to get some kind of an assurance from each of the teams drafting in the top five -- but has gotten nothing.

At No. 4, the Jets are not expected to draft a quarterback. Word is that they are looking to land Alabama's Brodie Croyle later in the day.

At No. 5, the Packers can't afford to spend another first-rounder on a guy who'll do nothing for them in 2006, especially since Lord Favre is coming back for one more year.

At No. 6, the 49ers have their quarterback in Alex Smith.

We'd initially presumed that the Raiders would take Leinart at No. 7, but we're now hearing from multiple sources that they won't.

The Bills won't touch Leinart at No. 8, unless G.M. Marv Levy is even nuttier than we currently believe.

At No. 9, there's no way the Lions pounce on Leinart.

Then we come to the Cardinals at No. 10. Will Denny Green be able to resist drafting a guy who falls into his lap, just like Randy Moss did eight years ago? We've got the Cardinals taking offensive tackle Winston Justice, given the importance of beefing up the group of guys who are going to be charged with keeping those big-money skill-position players alive.

At No. 11, quarterback is one of the few positions that the Rams have covered.

At No. 12, we can't see the Browns taking Leinart.

Then come the Ravens at No. 13. In our current mock draft, we've got them taking Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. Though we're feeling a little wishy-washy about whether Brian the Brain will stake his future on another first-round signal-caller, it might be hard for the supposed offensive guru to not take Leinart, if he falls into the team's lap.

And we think that the lowest Leinart would go, if he gets past Baltimore, is Minnesota at No. 17.

So the 2004 Heisman winner won't fall as dramatically as Rodgers did a year ago, when the Jeff Tedford prodigy plunged from potentially being the No. 1 pick all the way to No. 24. But given that Leinart was the presumptive No. 1 choice in 2005, and that he most likely would have been taken by the 49ers with the first pick, the possibility of sliding to No. 10 or lower translates into millions and millions of dollars of money that will never come back.

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:04 PM

[quote name='Long Time Jet Fan' date='Apr 26 2006, 10:13 AM' post='98137']
Before you call someone an idiot at least don't look like one doing so. It's "You're an idiot," not "your an idiot." No Heisman! No national championship! No #1 pick! No $24M dollars in guaranteed money! Ever think about that?
In case you missed it here's the PFT article (emphasis added).

funny that i'm not the only one to call u that in this thread. and your only response is grammer? this is a forum if your gonna bitch about grammer all the time and use that in an arguement then just go to another forum.

anyway your being a hyprocrite. you call players greedy then when a player makes a move that shows a love for the game over money you call him an idiot for throwing away money. i'd rather take a player who loves the game mor ethen the money it brings over a greedy ass
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's Dumber, Leinart Or Young?

Answer: Long Time Jet Fan.

#8 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So tell me this, assuming you went to college, which seems a dubious assumption at best, why? The greatest? The greatest what? History? Like anyone would remember that he won two championships (he didn't). What do you think is the purpose of college? To make history? Leinart's decision is one of the worst I've seen in college sports. He was set for the pros and he gave it up. And you're right. I don't get it. It's something I'd never do. I left graduate school when I felt prepared to enter the workforce and make the best living possible. College is there to prepare you for the rest of your life. He was prepared. And let's see how far he drops before you start giving him $15M guaranteed. And BTW, thanks for the amiable reply.

HE DID WIN TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!

He was going for an unprecedented third. I won't comment on the rest because you need to comeforth with facts to counter and you got them all wrong.

Okay, let's say he drops waaaaayyyy down. Now he gets $10 million in guarantees. Damn, welfare for the Leinarts.

By the way, I think you're a smart person, it's just that your point was idiotic. My response was amiable.

By the way, I read the PFT article. He's made the argument in the past and I have personally e-mailed Mike Florio the owner of PFT and told him what I told you in substance. PFT is an internet rag so I wouldn't hang my hat on them being a valid support for your argument.
<!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>SCORING MORE THAN YOUR OPPONENTS WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#9 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 26 2006, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HE DID WIN TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!

He was going for an unprecedented third. I won't comment on the rest because you need to comeforth with facts to counter and you got them all wrong.

Okay, let's say he drops waaaaayyyy down. Now he gets $10 million in guarantees. Damn, welfare for the Leinarts.

By the way, I think you're a smart person, it's just that your point was idiotic. My response was amiable.

By the way, I read the PFT article. He's made the argument in the past and I have personally e-mailed Mike Florio the owner of PFT and told him what I told you in substance. PFT is an internet rag so I wouldn't hang my hat on them being a valid support for your argument.

First off one can debate whether the first title was really a national title. The BCS champion, generally recognized as the NCAA champ was LSU. Only USC (the AP champ) thinks they were the national champions. Most others believe it was LSU. Again, I think PFT would agree with me and many others as well. Just because you don't that doesn't make my point idiotic. Lots of people in Leinart's shoes would have come out last year; in fact I'd bet the majority would have. For me to think he was dumb for coming out is far from idiotic.

#10 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off one can debate whether the first title was really a national title. The BCS champion, generally recognized as the NCAA champ was LSU. Only USC (the AP champ) thinks they were the national champions. Most others believe it was LSU. Again, I think PFT would agree with me and many others as well. Just because you don't that doesn't make my point idiotic. Lots of people in Leinart's shoes would have come out last year; in fact I'd bet the majority would have. For me to think he was dumb for coming out is far from idiotic.

Are you serious? Show me one publication or respected source who said three years ago that USC DID NOT share in the National Title? Not one. It was posted all on the net and all in the print media. It's a shared national title. The BCS championship is NOT the only NCAA title. There have been shared title holders in the past, like Michigan and Nebraska, what those didn't count? Get serious.

And, did you know that Leinart had elbow surgery after the season last year and could not participate in the combine or individual workouts prior to the draft? If not, then you need to leave this discussion alone. Leinart was not physically able to be a viable candidate for the draft.

Plus, all you've cited was PFT, who's owner Mike Florio is a notorious Leinart hater. He prints idiotic stuff on Leinart all the time. It doesn't mean it makes sense.

Last, you say a lot of people would have come out. So what? A lot of people would go on reality TV shows and make complete asses of themselves for a buck. As I stated, he was going after a THIRD title, something that hasn't been done in modern time. But then they have people like you who say he was not smart for being a greedy bastard and coming out early, when he was hurt and go to a really bad team in SF.

I don't know if you know, but there is more to football than money.

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

I have to say that its something called Pride why he came back, If i was in the situtiation i would of done the same thing. Try and break that record and set the Most TDs in USCs history in passing, and also have the best TD to INT ratio in College history (4.00) Whos the idiot, he would of been on the 49ers, they are horrible. Instead now he can be a Titian, or with the Jets. Both are better then the 49ers are right now.

Some things money cant buy, and also his Girl Friend was at USC too.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

Another thing on the 2003 National Title.

Entering into the bowl season of 2003, USC was ranked 1st in both the coaches and AP polls. NEVER in the history of the polls had the #1 team been dropped from the top spot if they won their bowl game. Never. The AP unanimously voted for USC #1. The coaches were CONTRACTUALLY obligated to vote for the winner of the BCS game, which was LSU.

Many coaches tried to protest and listed USC as 1st on their ballots. Those ballots were disregarded because of the automatic ranking. There was actually an informal poll of coaches taken by a newspaper at the time and an overwhelming majority said that if they were given the chance, they'd have voted for USC.

So you see, LSU was the paper champ. Those are just the facts.

#13 User is offline   Long Time Jet Fan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (SMC @ Apr 26 2006, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another thing on the 2003 National Title.

Entering into the bowl season of 2003, USC was ranked 1st in both the coaches and AP polls. NEVER in the history of the polls had the #1 team been dropped from the top spot if they won their bowl game. Never. The AP unanimously voted for USC #1. The coaches were CONTRACTUALLY obligated to vote for the winner of the BCS game, which was LSU.

Many coaches tried to protest and listed USC as 1st on their ballots. Those ballots were disregarded because of the automatic ranking. There was actually an informal poll of coaches taken by a newspaper at the time and an overwhelming majority said that if they were given the chance, they'd have voted for USC.

So you see, LSU was the paper champ. Those are just the facts.

Past Division I-A Football National Champions

The NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process. Since 1998, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has conducted a contest between it's two top-ranked teams to determine a national champion. More information on the BCS is available at their Web site.

A number of polling organizations also provide a final ranking of Division I-A football teams at the end of each season. Below is a year-by-year history of Division I-A football national champions as determined by the BCS championship game and these polling organizations. More information on national poll rankings is available in the Division I-A section of the NCAA Divison I-A/I-AA Football Records Book.

Texas: BCS

Southern California : AP, BCS, Berryman, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, Eck, FACT, FB News, FW, Massey, Matthews, NFF, NY Times, Sagarin, Seattle Times, Sporting News, USA/ESPN, Wolfe

LSU: BCS, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, Massey, NFF, Sagarin, Seattle Times, USA/ESPN
Oklahoma: Berryman
Southern California: AP, Eck, Matthews, NY Times

LSU was the national champion as determinted by the BCS. USC was the AP champion.

#14 User is offline   SMC Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Long Time Jet Fan @ Apr 26 2006, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Past Division I-A Football National Champions

The NCAA does not conduct a national championship in Division I-A football and is not involved in the selection process. Since 1998, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) has conducted a contest between it's two top-ranked teams to determine a national champion. More information on the BCS is available at their Web site.

A number of polling organizations also provide a final ranking of Division I-A football teams at the end of each season. Below is a year-by-year history of Division I-A football national champions as determined by the BCS championship game and these polling organizations. More information on national poll rankings is available in the Division I-A section of the NCAA Divison I-A/I-AA Football Records Book.

Texas: BCS

Southern California : AP, BCS, Berryman, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, Eck, FACT, FB News, FW, Massey, Matthews, NFF, NY Times, Sagarin, Seattle Times, Sporting News, USA/ESPN, Wolfe

LSU: BCS, Billingsley, Colley, DeVold, Dunkel, FACT, Massey, NFF, Sagarin, Seattle Times, USA/ESPN
Oklahoma: Berryman
Southern California: AP, Eck, Matthews, NY Times

LSU was the national champion as determinted by the BCS. USC was the AP champion.

Was this post really worth the effort in compiling? Are you telling me that, at the time in 2003 that there were not 2 major polls, the AP and the Coaches? Have you lived in a plastic bubble all this time? Those 2 polls were the main polls and the fiasco of 2003 led to the change in the system and, eventually, the AP bowing out as it was disgusted by the whole process.

Ignore history and the truth all you want.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

i;m closing this thread due to personel attacks
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic