NYJetsFan.com Forums: Draft Prospects 9 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets beat the fish in their own house. Possible 6th pick in the draft.
santana Icon : (Today, 08:32 PM) Jets should pluck both the afc championship winning coach and nfc championship winning coach right before the super bowl
santana Icon : (Today, 08:33 PM) MAKE IT HAPPEN woody!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:35 PM) The last time the JETS cleaned house was the same year I was born 1977 so that is 37 years ago for those who need to use their fingers to count backwards from 2014 to 1977
santana Icon : (Today, 08:38 PM) also fun fact about 1977 rings around uranus were discovered
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 08:40 PM) Also in 1977 the singer Elvis Presley died.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:40 PM) lol@Santana.......always something comical to say. Love your sense of humor man. You never get pissed or let things get to you like the rest of us do. Wish we were all that easy going. Me included
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:40 PM) a lot of shit went down in 1977
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:40 PM) we get it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:40 PM) but in JETS history it was the last time they fired both the GM and HC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:41 PM) and of course I was born that's right you're almighty one GANGGREEN2003
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:41 PM) THE OG OF THIS BITCH
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 08:42 PM) Joe Namath retired from football in 1977 after a year with the LA Rams.
santana Icon : (Today, 08:43 PM) shakira was born in 1977
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 08:44 PM) Jimmy Carter was inaugurated the 39th President of the United States in 1977.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:45 PM) Well another crappy year down the drain for us jets fans. This board will pretty much die down big time until new coaches and FO`s people are hired and then the draft.
santana Icon : (Today, 08:46 PM) off season is best season
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:47 PM) A lot of us might have issues at times with each other but I miss this board when its not active. this is by far my favorite forum. I rarely post in any other forums. Occasionally Xbox360iso but other than that here is about it. Im quiet and discreet everywhere else
santana Icon : (Today, 08:48 PM) RIP REX RYAN milber didnt die for this!
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 08:48 PM) Yes, the inevitable off season thread about Washington's nickname turning into a race war thread.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:48 PM) If the Phoenix Suns had a fan forum Id post there but havent found any worth a damn
santana Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) ravens in the playoffs upset me
santana Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) they will either win like crazy and make it to the afc champ game or they will just get bounced immediately
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) MILBER
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) I would of rather seen the chiefs or houston with keenum at qb lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:50 PM) but 1977 will always go down as the year I WAS BORN!!!!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:53 PM) 1977 also when atari was released
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:53 PM) Living in DC I figured youd like the Ravens some. I dont mind them. Cant stand the Steelers though
santana Icon : (Today, 08:54 PM) They are bad this year
santana Icon : (Today, 08:54 PM) ugly games specially the last couple of weeks
santana Icon : (Today, 08:55 PM) also we dont need 3 teams from the afc north
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) One wild card games next weekend will be AFC South divisional so anything could happen
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) meant North
santana Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) I would rather see some fresh faces in the playoffs
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) Yeah. Last year it was three from the AFC West
santana Icon : (Today, 08:58 PM) bengals i don't mind. steelers and ravens bleh
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 08:58 PM) I hear you. thats why the Cardinals injuries pisses me off
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I wanted to see them have another chance win a Superbowl after they had the last one stolen from them by the Steelers
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:02 PM) Kurt Warner 5 years removed with one week of practice would probably play better than the third string qb they have starting now
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 09:02 PM) Well Im off here
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 09:10 PM) I live in Arizona so im a cardinals fan as well. Sucks about the QB problem with them. It was such a promising year too. Now they have no chance
santana Icon : (Today, 09:27 PM) they have a chance they play the panthers in carolina
santana Icon : (Today, 09:28 PM) they could take that game
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 PM) Mike Wallace is like Santonio Holmes
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Draft Prospects 9

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

Scott McKillop
6'1" - 245 lbs.
MLB - Pitt
Senior

McKillop is just a tackling machine. Last year he led the entire NCAA in total tackles with 151 and was 2nd in solo tackles. This year he leads the NCAA in solo tackles. He is a smart, strong, instinctive player. He is exceptionally good against the run and is an above average pass rusher with 9 sacks and 6 hurries, however, as I'm sure most expected....his weakness is his pass coverage. Not awful, with 2 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) and 11 passes defensed, but nothing to write home about.

www.scottmckillop40.com

I really like this guy and with the ILB talent in this year's draft McKillop can easily be had in the 2nd-3rd round.

Posted Image

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Whats your thoughts on Spikes the LB from Florida?? Watching the Florida game right now and he looks like a stud out there. He sheds blocks real well and looks fluid in coverage. I know Jetsman05 must be liking this bring up, being a Florida guy.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

I watch Brandon every week, and when I'm at the Swamp. Brandon is an ultra-freakish talent, from all I have read alot of teams are interested and seeing him as an edge pass rusher in a 3-4. I think he could be a nice fit in a 4-3 as a MLB myself. I don't see him inside in a 3-4.. but he is a FREAK. Awesome talent, I'm not sure if he leaves this year but its very, very possible. I love Brandons upside and how he loves to play the game.

Brandon Spikes is a name you will hear in the NFL, that is for sure.

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:24 AM

Horrible horrible homerisms aside...Brandon Spikes is pretty sweet. He is more smart than super athletic...and diagnoses the play really well. I think he can play in a 3-4 at 6'3" and 245 pounds with good strength and block shedding ability. Last night in the Flordia-Bama game I saw Spikes throw potential first round pick, 340 lb. OT Andre Smith to the ground when Smith was trying to block Spikes one on one.

This year the Jets HAVE TO draft an ILB early...there are so many good linebackers its unbelievable. This is a list of some of the top ILB's I think can be in the 3-4 (some of them already are)including juniors*

- Rey Mauluga - USC
- James Laurinitis - OSU
- Brandon Spikes* - UF
- Worrell Williams - Cal
- Scott McKillop - Pitt
- Jasper Brinkley - SC
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Horrible horrible homerisms aside...Brandon Spikes is pretty sweet. He is more smart than super athletic...and diagnoses the play really well. I think he can play in a 3-4 at 6'3" and 245 pounds with good strength and block shedding ability. Last night in the Flordia-Bama game I saw Spikes throw potential first round pick, 340 lb. OT Andre Smith to the ground when Smith was trying to block Spikes one on one.

This year the Jets HAVE TO draft an ILB early...there are so many good linebackers its unbelievable. This is a list of some of the top ILB's I think can be in the 3-4 (some of them already are)including juniors*

- Rey Mauluga - USC
- James Laurinitis - OSU
- Brandon Spikes* - UF
- Worrell Williams - Cal
- Scott McKillop - Pitt
- Jasper Brinkley - SC

I can't see Spikes as a MLB 3-4. That being said, he would still would probably preform because he is an absolute stud and loves the game of ball as I have said.

Oh by the way... Dubb... See ya in the title game biggrin.gif

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Dec 7 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

- Rey Mauluga - USC
- James Laurinitis - OSU
- Brandon Spikes* - UF
- Worrell Williams - Cal
- Scott McKillop - Pitt
- Jasper Brinkley - SC

What about Crumb from Notre Dame? I think he could be a great acquisition for the MLB spot in the 3-4 which he plays in already.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:02 AM

Guys I think we need d lineman more than line backers.

Jenkins is the only reilable lineman tearing it up at this point.Remember no valid pass rush.

Please post some draft prospects for the dl guys.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (ROBJETS @ Dec 8 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys I think we need d lineman more than line backers.

Jenkins is the only reilable lineman tearing it up at this point.Remember no valid pass rush.

Please post some draft prospects for the dl guys.

Except that this is a 3-4...and the linebackers are supposed to create the pass rush...and one of our defensive linemen(Shaun Ellis) leads the team in sacks....................
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Dec 7 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't see Spikes as a MLB 3-4. That being said, he would still would probably preform because he is an absolute stud and loves the game of ball as I have said.

Oh by the way... Dubb... See ya in the title game biggrin.gif

eeeehhh....I dunno...maybe we don't want Spikes on the team....
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users