NYJetsFan.com Forums: A Dream Come True! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Dream Come True! The End of a certain moron

#1 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:53 PM

http://www.newindpre...festyle&Topic=0

DETROIT: Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on September 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

BYE BYE *beep*!

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

I only liked him before he became big. His best music was years ago. And years before his first album came out
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Alcatraz Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

Meh I dont like his new album. I prefer his older stuff and his third album best.

#4 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Alcatraz @ Jul 18 2005, 09:14 PM)
Meh I dont like his new album. I prefer his older stuff and his third album best.

I perfer him doing what he is doing now. Stop selling his shitty music

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:12 PM

Wow JC u seem to have a large hatred for some people. Maybe try to lay off the dark music for a while. Lol.

Personally I don’t hate anyone working to get a paycheck, as long as there not hurting anyone
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 18 2005, 09:47 PM)
Wow JC u seem to have a large hatred for some people. Maybe try to lay off the dark music for a while. Lol.

Personally I don’t hate anyone working to get a paycheck, as long as there not hurting anyone

I just really hate Eminem, and I should all the insults and shots he has done to my favorite musicians in music, (Everlast, Limp Bizkit, ICP). It is my choice to hate this guy. I perfer the underground music over mainstream anyday. Sure you may see Limp Bizkit's old image as Mainstream, but their new image is no way mainstream.

icon_idea.gif icon_question.gif fish.gif

EMINEM SUCKS!

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

Limp biskit and everlast are mainstream in my opinion. I don’t like that kind of stuff at all so if I heard of them their mainstream. Also I should mention its just a stupid word. Mainstream. People tend to like Non-mainstream music because we all yearn to be different. In the end its what makes us all the same. Here’s a hint if your school teaches it. if your gonna be a senior take a physocology class. You’ll learn some interesting stuff. I never took one per se but I sat in on many cause I had the same teacher for social studies and I would cut my other classes to hang out in his. Most music to day is mainstream unless your talking about a garage band. But if they ever get signed they basically become mainstream. There is no such thing as going back to underground once your mainstream also.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ Jul 18 2005, 10:11 PM)
Limp biskit and everlast are mainstream in my opinion. I don’t like that kind of stuff at all so if I heard of them their mainstream. Also I should mention its just a stupid word. Mainstream. People tend to like Non-mainstream music because we all yearn to be different. In the end its what makes us all the same. Here’s a hint if your school teaches it. if your gonna be a senior take a physocology class. You’ll learn some interesting stuff. I never took one per se but I sat in on many cause I had the same teacher for social studies and I would cut my other classes to hang out in his. Most music to day is mainstream unless your talking about a garage band. But if they ever get signed they basically become mainstream. There is no such thing as going back to underground once your mainstream also.

Insane Clown Posse is underground, you did not mention them. First off you never see ICP on the television or the radio, which is why they are underground. Limp Bizkit for their last cd "The Unquestionable Truth Part 1", they had no advertizment what so ever, so this cd has made then Underground, if they keep going in this certain direction. If you heard of them, that does not mean they are mainstream, I have heard of tons of bands and they are underground. Slayer is underground, and I am sure mostly everyone here that are metal fans have heard of them. There is such a thing from going Mainstream, to Underground, it has been done tons of times, and it will keep happenining. ICP did it, Limp Bizkit is in the process of doing it, and Vanilla Ice, one of the bigger rappers in the 80's is now underground. It's been done, you can go from Mainstream to Underground. So you cannot tell me you have not heard of the Insane Clown Posse, and their one of the biggest bands in the psychopathic underground image.

I just got done proving to you, that it is possible to go from mainstream to underground.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

Actually I have. I didn’t realize what ICP stood for but yes I have heard of them. And once again I have sen them on TV. They wear black and white face paint like clowns and I think there is 3 of them if I remember right. I have heard of slayer too. bands, people, whatever u want to call them in entertainment adjust to the market. With napster and limewire out more people are switching to underground to build a more loya fanbase but u can’t just switch. A rapper named cannibus (probably a top 3 lyricist all time) made 2 “mainstream albums� bothe flopped. He then made 2 more “underground albums� on an “independent label� wich most of them receive funding from bigger labels. The idea is to build it up into mainstream. A lot like master P who made his own label on 10,000$ he won in a law suit and sold CDs out of his van in 1989 then in 1998 he made 56mil, since then they fell off but they aren’t underground. It just means there slumping and trying to climb uphill again.

Underground means a talent that hasn’t been fully discovered, and is tring to make a name for themselves. For instance look at coleman. A 5th rounder can be considered equilivent to an underground artist. Now take the fact he had a good year. lets say he does for the next 3 makes the pro bowl then starts to suck. Did he go underground? Or did he diminish. There is a difference in falling off and going underground. Once u been to the surface there is no turning back. It’s a marketing image created to entice people that have the urge to be different. Face it it’s a marketing scheme
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

best rapper of our age hands down, he is one of the few people who could pull off half the songs that he did. Now he made his money, is set for life, and can finally just settle in and enjoy the rest of life without working hard.
user posted image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

Umm I don’t think he is the best rapper of our time. Maybe was a top 10 lyricist for one year but that’s still a stretch

Pac, biggie, and jay-z would be the top candidate for the last 10 years
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Alcatraz Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

I agree with you Jetsfan115 'cept for the Jay-Z part.

#13 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

2 pac is easily the best rapper of rap of probably all time. Eminem is not even close to the best rapper. I am glad that when I turn on Fuse, I won't see him like 5 to 10 times a day. The hell with Eminem.

I still believe you can change for Underground to Mainstream, and Mainstream to Underground.

I bet you did not even know Vanilla Ice was still selling music. Vanilla Ice's new cd is coming out mid to late August, has had no advertizment what so ever.

Advertizment is the thing that makes you mainstream. Without advertizment, you are considered underground. Garage bands could be considered underground now, but every single band starts out as a garage band.

"Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice was a really well known song, if anyone has not heard of that song, welcome to america. I want you to name at least 2 or 3 of Vanilla Ice's cd's since he has gone underground? Even though I know you can't unless you go check Cduniverse, or amazon.

It is possible to switch. The best way to do it is probably a name change. But, that would probably make a lot of people forget about you. V- Ice's choice was not to make a change. You cannot tell me that V-Ice is not underground.

You cannot tell me that Limp Bizkit's new image is not underground, and same goes with the Insane Clown Posse.

Switching from Mainstream to Underground is infact possible.

#14 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jul 18 2005, 02:28 PM)
http://www.newindpre...festyle&Topic=0

DETROIT: Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on September 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

BYE BYE *beep*!

U r such a hypocrite, you always say why do you pick on Limp Bizkit, if you don't like them then keep it to yourself. Then you make a topic about how much you hate Eminem, if you can say that, then I am gonna say Limp Bizkit suck big giant donkey balls, and the only reason they didn't advertise this time was cuz they are broke cause all of there fans left them after they sold out.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#15 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Jul 19 2005, 03:04 AM)
U r such a hypocrite, you always say why do you pick on Limp Bizkit, if you don't like them then keep it to yourself. Then you make a topic about how much you hate Eminem, if you can say that, then I am gonna say Limp Bizkit suck big giant donkey balls, and the only reason they didn't advertise this time was cuz they are broke cause all of there fans left them after they sold out.

Sucks big donkey balls? What are you 10? That sounds like where you got your language from, you sound like a 10 year old. It's like your saying Limp Bizkit is still like the way they were when they sold the chocolate starfish cd. I hated Limp Bizkit when the sold that cd, they sold disposable shit like Rollin', and My way. I am not one of the fans that like them from the selling out part of Limp Bizkit's career, you are sure treating it like I am, you do not *beep*en know me. I am a Limp Bizkit fan from, Three Dollar Bill, and Significant Other, and now The Unquestionable Truth stages. Now if you ask me, you are the one who is the hypocrite.

So go take your 10 year old language and ruin someone elses topic.

EDIT: Also since you hate my topics "so Much" do yourself a favor and do not post in it, is it that hard?

#16 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:24 PM

I like Eminem, I think he last album was abit corny but it was still ok, I think it is good he gets out of the game now, until he starts to embarrass himself like Limp Bizkit did. I think he should be a good producer, I know he did that one song "Runnin" on the Tupac Resurrection soundtrack, that was pretty hot. I hope he comes out with another album but he should def. wait a few years, so he don't get played out. And whoever said Jay-Z ain't 1 of the best rappers is crazy, I think he is better then Biggie and Tupac combined. But that is just my opinion, everybody doesn't have to agree with it.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#17 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Jul 19 2005, 03:59 AM)
I like Eminem, I think he last album was abit corny but it was still ok, I think it is good he gets out of the game now, until he starts to embarrass himself like Limp Bizkit did.  I think he should be a good producer, I know he did that one song "Runnin" on the Tupac Resurrection soundtrack, that was pretty hot. I hope he comes out with another album but he should def. wait a few years, so he don't get played out. And whoever said Jay-Z ain't 1 of the best rappers is crazy, I think he is better then Biggie and Tupac combined. But that is just my opinion, everybody doesn't have to agree with it.

That is what makes you mainstream, your liking of Eminem. First, there is no chance that Eminem is even close to as good as Biggie or 2 Pac. Not a chance in hell. I can even rap better then Eminem, you can even ask some people I know, I come up with these wicked rhymes. It's not that crap that Em does though, like "F that, F Him", and what not. It's real stuff, I do not have to curse at people in my lyrics.

#18 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jul 18 2005, 11:05 PM)
That is what makes you mainstream, your liking of Eminem. First, there is no chance that Eminem is even close to as good as Biggie or 2 Pac. Not a chance in hell. I can even rap better then Eminem, you can even ask some people I know, I come up with these wicked rhymes. It's not that crap that Em does though, like "F that, F Him", and what not. It's real stuff, I do not have to curse at people in my lyrics.

I honestly don't care if it is mainstream music or not, but most of the music I hear is music that is mainstream because that is what is always around me. I bet if I heard an unknown rapper and I liked it I would say that was hot, but just because Eminem is famous and has tons of 13 years girls liking him, I am not gonna say he sucks when I still feel he is good. It ain't his fault he blew up and made tons of money, all of those underground guys wish they could become mainstream.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#19 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (TheUltimate @ Jul 19 2005, 04:12 AM)
I honestly don't care if it is mainstream music or not, but most of the music I hear is music that is mainstream because that is what is always around me. I bet if I heard an unknown rapper and I liked it I would say that was hot, but just because Eminem is famous and has tons of 13 years girls liking him, I am not gonna say he sucks when I still feel he is good.  It ain't his fault he blew up and made tons of money, all of those underground guys wish they could become mainstream.

What do you mean the underground people wish they would be mainsteam, if they really wanted to become mainstream they just could do it just like that. BUT, they choose not to, which makes them underground. All the 13 year olds are pretty much the reason why I hate Eminem.

#20 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jul 18 2005, 11:25 PM)
What do you mean the underground people wish they would be mainsteam, if they really wanted to become mainstream they just could do it just like that. BUT, they choose not to, which makes them underground. All the 13 year olds are pretty much the reason why I hate Eminem.

No you are wrong, so you think all the underground people like not making money and they wouldn't want to be making millions of dollars? And if you really think that deep down, you are crazy. Underground is like the minor leagues, they do it for the love of it, but they aren't any good, but the best ones get moved up to the mainstream, which is the major leagues where only the best are, and where they make all their money. That is like a minor league baseball player wants to stay in the minors his whole career, instead of making it into the big leagues.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users