NYJetsFan.com Forums: Apparently Jenks Was A Problem In Carolina - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:23 PM) I'm the best driver on the east coast! Everyone else is terrible
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM) The biggest mistake was made today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Stanton for $325 Mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) after he got hit in the face who said he'll even be the same player ever again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) but the Marlins throw $325 million at him like nothing ever happened
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:55 PM) I predict he'll be a shell of himself and in 5 years he will be horrible player and the $ will still be weighing down the Marlins for the remainder of the contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:06 PM) 3 years ago I would of considered this kind of contract but after what happened to him this season and how he might be shocked to step into the batters box in 2015 is a HUGE risk when a team gives them $325 million
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:07 PM) these monster contracts are ridiculous to begin with
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:32 PM) So who thinks the JETS will win this Sunday?
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) Ryan is terrible after byes. 2-9
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Apparently Jenks Was A Problem In Carolina

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Big Changes This Season for Big Jinx
Posted on November 20th, 2008 by Bassett The change of scenery has been a welcome transition for Kris Jenkins, but reporters in the 8-2 Panthers press pool are noticing a change in the locker room in Carolina, but no one’s willing to come right out and say what it’s all about.

Fullback Brad Hoover mentioned there are no “bad apples” anymore.

Added Peppers: “In the past we might have had one or two guys that wanted to do their own thing, and cause a little ruckus.”

Damione Lewis, who took Jenkins’ spot on the line, was a little more direct.

“He handled situations in a way that weren’t really appropriate for the team,” Lewis said.

Make no mistake, Jenkins is an incredible talent - a freakish athlete who is speedy, strong and dominant despite his massive frame. It’s just that he had grown tired of Carolina, and the Panthers had certainly grown weary of his act.

Two months after Jenkins questioned whether he wanted to stay in Carolina, the Panthers granted his wish. Jenkins, armed with the new contract he wanted for years, is now motivated and probably a better fit in the Jets’ 3-4 defence.

Meanwhile, Jenkins is glad of his new start, writes Newsday’s Erik Boland.

“It was always something,” he said of his seven seasons with the Panthers. “I could never figure out why things got to where they did. But I’m glad I’m right where I’m at.”

Jets fans have welcomed Jenkins with open arms and he’s been a huge upgrade for this defense. I was watching some of the Broncos games this past week, and there was our old friend D-Rob … getting pushed backwards by a Falcons offensive line like he was Superman slowing a runaway freight train. The difference on the line and who controls the line of scrimmage this season is in large part thanks to Jenkins.

Jenkins has enjoyed the fresh start, and his teammates appreciate him and what he’s done for the team. He’s taken the role of one of the team’s spokesmen, something he does with alacrity. But the team knows his history and has set up his contract as such (setting up many weight based bonuses) so my hope is that he stays engaged and enthused about football … as long as he’s in New York.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 20 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jets fans have welcomed Jenkins with open arms and he’s been a huge upgrade for this defense. I was watching some of the Broncos games this past week, and there was our old friend D-Rob … getting pushed backwards by a Falcons offensive line like he was Superman slowing a runaway freight train. The difference on the line and who controls the line of scrimmage this season is in large part thanks to Jenkins.

hahaha i love it
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

Wow they're exagerating that a bit. If it were that bad why would you only be hearing this much about it now from some nobody article. Yeah he didn't like it in Carolina...whether it was the coaches...teammates...or as he said...just being in freakin north carolina. Who can blame him? Dude likes cities...welcome to New York....uuurrrr....jerwsey....
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

I've already read some articles where Jenkins said he's done some stupid things in the past and regrets it. He also said he's changed, so I can care less how he was in Carolina. He's been doing great so far and everyone on the team loves him.

#5 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Sometimes guys need a fresh start, maybe he did need to do some growing up, maybe he clashed with the coaches there, maybe he was not on the best terms with his teammates, it happens, sometimes we all could use a new start.

All I know is he is now a Jet, he has been a Godsend for our Defense, his teammates look up to him, the fans love him, and it most likely would not have happened if he got along with everyone down in Carolina, so things have worked out for the best for him and the Jets.

#6 User is offline   4thejets Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:football

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

drinks.gif amen to that
Love my Jets!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked