NYJetsFan.com Forums: Why The Jets Will Beat The Titans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why The Jets Will Beat The Titans By Roy S. Johnson / Y! Sports Blogs

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 20 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

Why the Jets will beat the Titans
By Roy S. Johnson / Y! Sports Blogs

It's over. The Tennessee Titans are toast. The old-as-dirt Dolphins will raise a glass come Sunday afternoon because the undefeated will be no more.

Yeah, I'm sayin' it. The New York Jets will beat the Titans this Sunday to dash the NFL's last unbeaten team.

The Titans are the 11th team since 1970 to go 10-0. Seven of the previous 10 went to the Super Bowl. Five were Super Bowl champs.

But this isn't about the Super Bowl; it's about Sunday. And on that day, the Titans will be losers.

I love both teams. I love the Titans because Jeff Fisher has created an old-school unit with new-school juice. They play leather-helmet defense and are guided by a geriatric QB (Kerry Collins) who's been cast away more times than Tom Hanks. And yet in guys like their Hammer and Sickle running backs LenDale White and Chris Johnson, third- and first-year kiddies they embody a youthful exuberance that doesn't seem to know any better.

I haven't always been able to say I love the Jets. They've been erratic and confounding, but that's pretty much Brett Favre's dossier. You knew when he was acquired that he would either bring you glory or gore. Eighteen touchdown passes, 12 picks. Favre from perfect, but the Jets are 7-3 and leading the AFC East.

So these are two good teams playing a game that has little long-term implications for either. No matter what happens Sunday, both will remain in contention for first-round playoff byes and storybook playoff runs.

But this isn't about the playoffs; it's about Sunday.

There are some tangible reasons why the Jets will win. They are coming off a 34-31 overtime victory in Foxborough in which they exorcised demons against the rival Patriots. That was a purging triumph that allows the Jets to now play free from the burdens of their past. In other words, Sunday is gravy. Win or lose, they beat the Pats and that matters more.

Also, the Titans have proven themselves worthy of their record, winning successive road games the past two weeks. Back at home on Sunday, it'll become all about the record. At some point Sunday, they'll realize that while you indeed play to win the game, you really play to win the Super Bowl and a November loss when you've got "0" may not be such a bad thing.

More tangibly, the Jets will win because of their offensive and defensive lines. In a sense, they play misdirection football. While you're watching Favre and Thomas Jones (leading rusher in the AFC; bet you didn't know that), their offensive line has gelled into an almost immovable force that carves (for Jones) and protects (for Favre.)

On the other side of the ball, the Jets are equally immovable, allowing only 81.3 rushing yards per game fourth best in pro football. Johnson and White will have a good day, but not a great one. So before the afternoon sun sets, Collins will have to beat the Jets.

And he won't.

The Titans are stingy with points, allowing just 181 in their 10 games fewer than anyone in the NFL. But Favre will score enough.

Enough to win.

http://sports.yahoo....-the...?urn=top,123412

#2 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ooooh I was just about to post this. Finally someone is on our side. Undefeated no more. yahoo.gif

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

I am on our side said it last thursday.would like to see a few long balls thrown by Bret.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

Good read.

#5 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

Once again the media is setting the Jets up for unattainable expectations. Another huge disappointing loss is in the works people, you just know it's coming.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 20 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again the media is setting the Jets up for unattainable expectations. Another huge disappointing loss is in the works people, you just know it's coming.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh

let some of us just enjoy the positive attention. biggrin.gif even if it's only for a week

#7 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:21 AM

^HATERS!
[attachment=806:Body_Snatch.jpg]

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Nov 20 2008, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you looked at the Titans end of schedule?

I for one dont think they are quite good enough to go 16-0 being it has only been done once means the odds are not in their favor.Someone will beat them

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users