NYJetsFan.com Forums: Stadium Costs Rising 600 Million - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (30 October 2014 - 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 October 2014 - 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 October 2014 - 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:51 PM) lol
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:08 PM) JAMEIS WINSTON TO THE JETS
LeonhardSkyn... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:10 PM) The best big game quarterback I've ever seen.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:39 PM) Who is this guy?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) For Halloween im going to he a New York Jets Quarterback. Not only am I hard to look at I also suck the life out of fans!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) be*
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) What did you dress up as for Halloween santana? A High 5ing circus clown who calls himself a moderator?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Stadium Costs Rising 600 Million Are the NY teams doomed or what?

#1 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:19 PM

NEWARK, N.J. (Jan. 26, 2007) -- The price of the new football stadium for the New York Giants and New York Jets has risen by $600 million to $1.4 billion.

"Costs continue to go up," said Alice McGillion, a spokeswoman for New Meadowlands Stadium Corp., a company that represents the team owners.

The teams awarded a contract to Swedish construction company Skanska AB, which said it had received a $998 million order to design and build the open-air stadium at the Meadowlands sports complex in East Rutherford, N.J.

"It shows the continued momentum and we are on the timeline that we need to be for a 2010 opening," McGillion said.

The teams, which announced the joint venture in 2005, originally estimated costs at about $800 million.

The stadium will seat 82,000 spectators and include 217 luxury suite boxes, Skanska spokesman Peter Gimbe said. McGillion said the number of seats could change, depending on the final design.

Skanska said that the contract, with the Meadowlands NFL Football Stadium LLC, was its largest U.S. contract yet. The company will include it in its order bookings in the first quarter.

Skanska has constructed several major stadiums in the U.S., including Reliant Stadium in Houston and Gillette Stadium in Boston. It is working on the new Yankee Stadium in New York.

"Skanska has in recent years proven itself to be among the leading sports stadium builders in the world, and has shown a great affinity and understanding of the U.S. market," said Giants president John Mara.

McGillion said the teams expect to unveil exterior plans for the stadium in late February or early March, with a ground breaking in late spring or early summer.

In December, the teams got a big boost from NFL owners, who approved a $300 million loan to help fund the stadium.

"(Skanska is) up to the challenge and will help us reach our objective of delivering a truly extraordinary facility for our fans, one that will set new standards for the NFL and indeed for stadiums around the world," Jets owner Woody Johnson said.

The project is going through the approval process with the state of New Jersey.

The state Department of Environmental Protection and the Meadowlands Commission expect a final environmental impact study of the project in February. The approval of the stadium plan could come in March.

The teams will pay $5 million annually to lease land at the Meadowlands from the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority. Once the new stadium is built, the authority will no longer collect 10 percent of gross ticket sales from games.

The state isn't paying for the stadium's construction, but will continue to pay debt on the old stadium, about $120 million.

This seems like it's getting absolutely ridiculous. They should look to get out of this deal, because that's a retarded amount of money for an open air stadium that's gonna seat 82,000 fans.

#2 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

I just hope its a kick ass stadium for that much money. They should do with Paul Allen did when he built Qwest field in Seattle and hire someone to design the stadium in a way that provides the loudest crowd noise.

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (nysackexchange @ Jan 28 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope its a kick ass stadium for that much money. They should do with Paul Allen did when he built Qwest field in Seattle and hire someone to design the stadium in a way that provides the loudest crowd noise.

What's more the stadium should be a unique design (like Qwest Field) to make it stand out from a lot of other stadiums such as the Coliseum, Monster Park, Qualcomm, Dolphin Stadium etc.... It needs to have a distinguishing feature such as an arch or a weird design for that kind of money.

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 28 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's more the stadium should be a unique design (like Qwest Field) to make it stand out from a lot of other stadiums such as the Coliseum, Monster Park, Qualcomm, Dolphin Stadium etc.... It needs to have a distinguishing feature such as an arch or a weird design for that kind of money.

Yeah but it's not going to have any of that...uuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr...cheaper in Jersey eh?
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

Again with the Jersey shit. Of course its cheaper in Jersey, cheap comparitive to building on the West Side. Stadium costs are gonna sky rocket no matter where its built in the metropolitan area. In the Citythe are twice as many zoning codes just for a building housing people then theres the issue of general parking, lot parking and area parking. Then general transportation, even with the best public transportation in the world, they'd still have to expand nearby stations

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 28 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again with the Jersey shit. Of course its cheaper in Jersey, cheap comparitive to building on the West Side. Stadium costs are gonna sky rocket no matter where its built in the metropolitan area. In the Citythe are twice as many zoning codes just for a building housing people then theres the issue of general parking, lot parking and area parking. Then general transportation, even with the best public transportation in the world, they'd still have to expand nearby stations

I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself...I really do apologize for spitting the Jersey thing...

Seriously though...they better get a better design for the stadium than that shit....
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users