NYJetsFan.com Forums: Apparently Jenks Was A Problem In Carolina - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Apparently Jenks Was A Problem In Carolina

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

Big Changes This Season for Big Jinx
Posted on November 20th, 2008 by Bassett The change of scenery has been a welcome transition for Kris Jenkins, but reporters in the 8-2 Panthers press pool are noticing a change in the locker room in Carolina, but no one’s willing to come right out and say what it’s all about.

Fullback Brad Hoover mentioned there are no “bad apples” anymore.

Added Peppers: “In the past we might have had one or two guys that wanted to do their own thing, and cause a little ruckus.”

Damione Lewis, who took Jenkins’ spot on the line, was a little more direct.

“He handled situations in a way that weren’t really appropriate for the team,” Lewis said.

Make no mistake, Jenkins is an incredible talent - a freakish athlete who is speedy, strong and dominant despite his massive frame. It’s just that he had grown tired of Carolina, and the Panthers had certainly grown weary of his act.

Two months after Jenkins questioned whether he wanted to stay in Carolina, the Panthers granted his wish. Jenkins, armed with the new contract he wanted for years, is now motivated and probably a better fit in the Jets’ 3-4 defence.

Meanwhile, Jenkins is glad of his new start, writes Newsday’s Erik Boland.

“It was always something,” he said of his seven seasons with the Panthers. “I could never figure out why things got to where they did. But I’m glad I’m right where I’m at.”

Jets fans have welcomed Jenkins with open arms and he’s been a huge upgrade for this defense. I was watching some of the Broncos games this past week, and there was our old friend D-Rob … getting pushed backwards by a Falcons offensive line like he was Superman slowing a runaway freight train. The difference on the line and who controls the line of scrimmage this season is in large part thanks to Jenkins.

Jenkins has enjoyed the fresh start, and his teammates appreciate him and what he’s done for the team. He’s taken the role of one of the team’s spokesmen, something he does with alacrity. But the team knows his history and has set up his contract as such (setting up many weight based bonuses) so my hope is that he stays engaged and enthused about football … as long as he’s in New York.

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Nov 20 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jets fans have welcomed Jenkins with open arms and he’s been a huge upgrade for this defense. I was watching some of the Broncos games this past week, and there was our old friend D-Rob … getting pushed backwards by a Falcons offensive line like he was Superman slowing a runaway freight train. The difference on the line and who controls the line of scrimmage this season is in large part thanks to Jenkins.

hahaha i love it
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

Wow they're exagerating that a bit. If it were that bad why would you only be hearing this much about it now from some nobody article. Yeah he didn't like it in Carolina...whether it was the coaches...teammates...or as he said...just being in freakin north carolina. Who can blame him? Dude likes cities...welcome to New York....uuurrrr....jerwsey....
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   JetsFan1 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

I've already read some articles where Jenkins said he's done some stupid things in the past and regrets it. He also said he's changed, so I can care less how he was in Carolina. He's been doing great so far and everyone on the team loves him.

#5 User is offline   TBrady Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Sometimes guys need a fresh start, maybe he did need to do some growing up, maybe he clashed with the coaches there, maybe he was not on the best terms with his teammates, it happens, sometimes we all could use a new start.

All I know is he is now a Jet, he has been a Godsend for our Defense, his teammates look up to him, the fans love him, and it most likely would not have happened if he got along with everyone down in Carolina, so things have worked out for the best for him and the Jets.

#6 User is offline   4thejets Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:football

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

drinks.gif amen to that
Love my Jets!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked