NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Family Guy Thread - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Family Guy Thread

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

I think the funniest show on TV should have its own thread. Anyone here watch it? If not u should. They play reruns on the cartoon network at 11PM EST (8 PM PST) and again at 2AM EST (11PM PST). They also play the new episodes Sunday on fox at 9PM. The 4th season just started as it got uncanceled again after like 2 or 3 years of being off the air because it has sold over 3million DVDs. The show is comic genius. So this is the thread to talk about it in.

Also I who is your favorite character (outside of the griffins) I like quagmire and the old pervert.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:44 AM

After the first season the show went so far down hill I stopped watching. Family Guy has such boring, completly random jokes running through such a utterly plotless thread, that the show regularly breaks down into a string of meaningless asides strung together. I also don't think the charcters make the show worth watching. Except for one basic personality quality (Stewie is a meglomaniac, Peter is a less funny Homer Simpson), none of them have any consistent personality traits, and so are nothing but objects for arbitrary jokes to be run through.

Like I said, I thought the first season (or so) was pretty good, and it seems like after that they've just run through the motions. I loved when Stewie froze the security guard and told him he hoped his warm heart would keep him heated throughout his 1,000 years of carbonite freezing (or something like that).

#3 User is offline   bobzero11 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:03 PM

although you make some valid points a1elbow, like with the ravens and your ode to george washington... i still disagree with your opinions... i have my own, which state that some of the plot may be hogwash, but it is still one of the funniest shows ever on tv, and stewie and quagmire have to be my favorites... just stupid shit like the chicken fight where peter chases the chicken for giving him a bad coupon, and they reference almost every bit of society and entertainment just about ever... its a great show and if you havent seen it go watch... now the simpsons is a show that has lost a few steps over the years, but i still love it... giggidy giggidy alright!

http://www.quahog5ne...ndex.php?p=home

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/layout/family.gif');}" />screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/content/images/stewie/stewie2.gif');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/layout/top2.gif');}" />screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/content/images/brian/brian4.gif');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/content/images/death1.gif');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/content/images/pope1.gif');}" />
I'ma da freakin a-pope!
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.quahog5news.com/content/images/quagmire1.gif');}" />
Quagmire: "Hello there, cutie. How old are you?"
Girl: "Sixteen."
Quagmire: "Eighteen? You're first."
Girl: "MOM!"
Quagmire: "I like where this is going."

Quagmire: "In the 80's i was always in bed by 8 .. and home by 11! Oh!"

Quagmire: "What? Fat *beep*es need loving too... but they have to pay"

Peter: "It's ok...I read a book about this once."
Brian: "Are you sure it was a book, Peter? Are you sure it wasn't...Nothing?"
Peter: "Oh yeah..."
IPB Image<<<Don't know how to update this thing...

#4 User is offline   smallguy Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

Family guy is great. Sadly I missed the first epsiode sunday night. My favorite character is stewie and the Q-man (quagmire)

#5 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:13 PM

Family Guy is good, but nothing compares to Southpark. That show is genius.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#6 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

Replay of Family Guy's new season will be the following week on Adult Swim, along with American Dad. It starts at 11. Also 11pm is Futurama (I think it's a better show, sorry but Futurama is too good sometimes) and 11:30 is Family Guy on Adult Swim. They switched it up.

Family Guy is genius. It is sometimes very stupid humor with visual gags but the commentary and wit is priceless. Love it, enjoy it, cherish it.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#7 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:53 AM

What about the evil monkey in chris's closet?
It's so damn funny.
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

Southpark was a gimic show geared towards kids wanting to watch it cause of the cursing. It really wasn’t funny at all to me. The simpsons were funny but haven’t been for like 2 seasons now but even in there prime not as good as family guy
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:42 AM

These new episodes are hilarious but there is a couple things I don’t like about them. First it seems like they shifted focus from the community to the griffin family. We have seen more from the greased up deaf guy then we have of Cleveland, quagmire, and joe combined. I wish the neighbors would come back into play. Especially quagmire. Also the animation is very different. Looks like they got to fancy with it. I don’t know much about animation but something seems different to me. Does anyone else agree with me on this.

Also I love the jane’s tampon joke. It was hilarious.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan115 @ May 5 2005, 08:19 AM)
Southpark was a gimic show geared towards kids wanting to watch it cause of the cursing. It really wasn’t funny at all to me. The simpsons were funny but haven’t been for like 2 seasons now but even in there prime not as good as family guy

South Park was a brillantly subversive show, especailly in the first three or four seasons. I really thouight that Trey Parker was the modern equivalent of Jonathan Swift; a master satirist that used hyperbole (mixed with some very crude humor) to get his points across. Unfortunatly, what people used to say about the show (i.e. that it was childish and inappropriate), has become true.

But these last couple seasons I think the show has gone way downhill, to the point I don't even watch it anymore. The show has gotten really Nihilistic and aimless; it seems to take shots at everything and never really takes a stand, which is more immature (and is, in my opinon, the main quality of Family Guy) than the older episodes.

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

I don’t know what season I watched episodes fom but it had to be from an earlier one. It was years and years ago. I never found it funny. I know family guy is childish too but its funny to me and I usually don’t like the low brow type humor but this show cracks me up. South park seemed to me more about kids cursing then about the jokes. Was it all necessary? I don’t know anyway in the end it just comes down to each persons opinion. There is no facts really when it comes to TV shows. That why I like movies. A lot of it can be factual. So it creates a more intelligent conversation. These shows are just about opinion so there is never a wrong or right person
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users