NYJetsFan.com Forums: Colt Brennan Enters Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:45 PM) you want the NFL to say sorry and you want Morningwig canned. You're a clown
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:45 PM) Gotta give credit to greenbay. That's a good football team
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) f*** an apology. It's not going to change anything in the standings which is what matters at the end of the season.
FlyHiJets Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) definitely reminds me of AFC Championship in Denver
canuckfan Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) marty ranks up there with bittfumble
canuckfan Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Colt Brennan Enters Draft

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

I think we should definitely consider a second day QB in the draft...Ramsey is on his way out...and it could never hurt to have two young players to develop. Jimmy Johnson said you should draft a QB every year...eventually you'll get a good one and you either play him or trade him. Look at what Atlanta could possibly get for spending a third rounder on Matt Schaub.

This is an incredibely deep QB draft...and I think guys like Colt Brennan...Chris Leak...Drew Stanton...Jordan Palmer...Tyler Palko...would make good late round pickups...
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we should definitely consider a second day QB in the draft...Ramsey is on his way out...and it could never hurt to have two young players to develop. Jimmy Johnson said you should draft a QB every year...eventually you'll get a good one and you either play him or trade him. Look at what Atlanta could possibly get for spending a third rounder on Matt Schaub.

This is an incredibely deep QB draft...and I think guys like Colt Brennan...Chris Leak...Drew Stanton...Jordan Palmer...Tyler Palko...would make good late round pickups...

iagree.gif
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:40 PM

I said we should draft a QB somewhere in the draft and someone said it was a dumb idea to me, but I agree with you get one in this draft because its deep with talented QBs. Plus Clemens is not a sure thing to be a franchise QB. And thats how alot of teams find their QBs by taking QBs in later rounds for back ups who can possibly become starters.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   HartAttack Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said we should draft a QB somewhere in the draft and someone said it was a dumb idea to me, but I agree with you get one in this draft because its deep with talented QBs. Plus Clemens is not a sure thing to be a franchise QB. And thats how alot of teams find their QBs by taking QBs in later rounds for back ups who can possibly become starters.

Im not a huge fan of Clemens myself. I wanted Brodie Croyle in last years draft and this year with the insanely deep pool I would LOVE to get Drew Stanton. If we cant get him, I hope we at least get somebody, and Colt Brennan isnt a bad choice, plus hes got a hell of a name lol

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (eliteblazers @ Jan 15 2007, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u kno brennan still can back out of his decision... but if he does come out he is the 3rd qb taken and could go as high as the 20s in the first round....i kno all hawaii qbs are sick in college (timmy chang) but they say this kid isnt a product of the system and that his measurables are through the roof.

Once you sign with an agent...there is no turning back...I don't know if he signed...but if he did...it's NFL for him.

QUOTE (HartAttack @ Jan 15 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not a huge fan of Clemens myself. I wanted Brodie Croyle in last years draft and this year with the insanely deep pool I would LOVE to get Drew Stanton. If we cant get him, I hope we at least get somebody, and Colt Brennan isnt a bad choice, plus hes got a hell of a name lol

And yes...he does have a hell of name!!!

I was skeptical of him at first because of the Hawaii system...but the guy does have a strong arm and does have a chance to make it. He's no gurantee...and really needs to bulk up at 6'3" and 190 pounds...but he's worth a look.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Most have Brennan in the first two rounds

#7 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

If Brennan is projected to go in the first two rounds, his stock just rose by the fact Brian Brohm is staying on for his senior season.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (DewayneDontSign @ Jan 15 2007, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most have Brennan in the first two rounds

I think that is a bunch of draftnik overhype...when it's all said and done I don't think he goes that high. 3rd round is the best he'll do I think.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

Yea he wont be too high, I think it is the Hawaii System that made him look that good.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

Brennan is the 3rd ranked qb in the draft we arent gunna get him. plus that would be utter stupidity.

Why would u draft another qb this year when u just drafted a qb in the second round last year? makes no sence. u guys are writing off Clemens when he hasnt even gotten the chance to play yet. U write um off against Pennington and NOW its ok to draft another qb??? comon where is the common sence.

Brennan still has 72 hours to undeclare anyway and again is the 3rd rated qb in the entire draft we wouldnt get him unless we traded up.

I dunno what u guys are thinkin bout drafting another qb this year.

Chad= Cheerleader

#11 User is offline   HartAttack Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brennan is the 3rd ranked qb in the draft we arent gunna get him. plus that would be utter stupidity.

Why would u draft another qb this year when u just drafted a qb in the second round last year? makes no sence. u guys are writing off Clemens when he hasnt even gotten the chance to play yet. U write um off against Pennington and NOW its ok to draft another qb??? comon where is the common sence.
Brennan still has 72 hours to undeclare anyway and again is the 3rd rated qb in the entire draft we wouldnt get him unless we traded up.

What we are saying is that we should look at drafting a qb this year with the great depth of the talent pool. I would use our 5th or 6th (maybe 4th but im against that) on a qb. A 5th or 6th rounder this year will still be a pretty good qb. And idk how stupid it would be, we arent writing off Clemens but it is always good to use a late pick on a qb. If we could use a 4th rounder on Brennan I would in a heartbeat, but as I doubt that, I hope we use a 5th or 6th on one of the many talented guys in this class.

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Acoording to who? You? It all depends on who you're asking as to who's the third ranked QB? And what would make sense...is spelling sense right before you. You really have to stop the personal attacks. Just explain your thinking...I don't think it's stupid at all to draft a QB. Clemens is far from a sure thing...and even though I have faith in him...it could never hurt to get a QB in the 5th or 6th round. What if he turns out to be a star? What if he's just great competition in camp? What if he turns into an intelligent and servicable backup?(Something Chris Leak is likely going to be good at)

You really need to just stop and explain yourself...because you really gave no reason other than it being stupid...apparently...

And what is with all of this undeclare stuff? Why would he undeclare...I mean seriously...why does everyone keep bringing up that he can still undeclare?

PS - With guys like JaMarcus Russell...Brady Quinn...Troy Smith...Drew Stanton...etc...I gurantee you Colt Brennan isn't the third ranked QB according to anyone...
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brennen in one word. SICK! ...HUUUUUUUUGE upside. I like this idea alot . Ramsey will be gone and were going to need a third. Definately!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I like this kid

#14 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

i know for a fact that if one of these guys, Troy Smith, drew stanton, or Colt Brennan who i know is the 3rd rated qb before the combine but really means nothing because the combine changes everything (mario williams over reggie bush) and who scouts and commentators drool over is available in the third round and up we should grab one of them immediately..........i know we got clemens in the second round but it could only help us if we take one of them. I heard nothing about CLemens prior to drafting him so these guys have a more impressive body of work than clemens and at the very least will push him to get better
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#15 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

Ramsey should be cut because he's too expensive to be a third rounder, so they should be looking for a QB late. I'm with HartAttack. I think they should draft one in the 5th or 6th round.

#16 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

there is actually a lot of late-round talent for qbs in this draft. players like john beck, tyler palko, jared zabransky, kevin kolb are players that might make an impact in my opinion.

#17 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 15 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acoording to who? You? It all depends on who you're asking as to who's the third ranked QB? And what would make sense...is spelling sense right before you. You really have to stop the personal attacks. Just explain your thinking...I don't think it's stupid at all to draft a QB. Clemens is far from a sure thing...and even though I have faith in him...it could never hurt to get a QB in the 5th or 6th round. What if he turns out to be a star? What if he's just great competition in camp? What if he turns into an intelligent and servicable backup?(Something Chris Leak is likely going to be good at)

You really need to just stop and explain yourself...because you really gave no reason other than it being stupid...apparently...

And what is with all of this undeclare stuff? Why would he undeclare...I mean seriously...why does everyone keep bringing up that he can still undeclare?

PS - With guys like JaMarcus Russell...Brady Quinn...Troy Smith...Drew Stanton...etc...I gurantee you Colt Brennan isn't the third ranked QB according to anyone...

#1 id like to see where in my whole post i personally attacked anyone person. please tell me where i attacked anyone.

#2 Chris Mortinson ranked him #3 qb in the draft so according to anyone else besides myself he is #3, its ok dont worry about it i forgive u.

#3 wow, people are really touchy on here bout spelling, i love wheneva i have a different opinion they attack my spelling instead of making a GOOD argument against me. Jesus I CANT SPELL OK!! i can deal with this CAN U? or would u rather pick on a guy who cant spell as well due to HEARING AND SPEECH PROBLEMS when he was younger and who still has hearing problems so he spells things the way he hears??? yea way to go. YOUR REAL COOL!!! crazy.gif

numero quartro: I did explain myself. It is stupid to draft a qb this year because the Jets JUST drafted Clemens in the 2nd round last year. Drafting a qb no matter what round the year after u drafted a different qb shows NO confidence. And if people arent writing Clemens off it sure as hell seems like it. Poeple wanna draft a qb this year cus they r good but dont wanna give Clemens a chance to start this year because pennington is there. Whats the point of having the otha qb? To have him sit foreva after Clemens finally gets a chance to show himself. honestly it serves no purpose to draft a qb. Even if u only wanted him as a 3rd stringer u can sign any FA as a 3rd stringer i mean comon.

so i dunno what your problem is but i explained myself, i explained myself again now, and nowhere in my post did i attack anyone. saying it would be stupid to draft a qb is not calling anyone stupid. Its saying its a stupid ACT! NOT A PERSON. so CHILL OUT CUB SCOUT! beach.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (BESTHANDS8381 @ Jan 16 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#1 id like to see where in my whole post i personally attacked anyone person. please tell me where i attacked anyone.

#2 Chris Mortinson ranked him #3 qb in the draft so according to anyone else besides myself he is #3, its ok dont worry about it i forgive u.

#3 wow, people are really touchy on here bout spelling, i love wheneva i have a different opinion they attack my spelling instead of making a GOOD argument against me. Jesus I CANT SPELL OK!! i can deal with this CAN U? or would u rather pick on a guy who cant spell as well due to HEARING AND SPEECH PROBLEMS when he was younger and who still has hearing problems so he spells things the way he hears??? yea way to go. YOUR REAL COOL!!! crazy.gif

numero quartro: I did explain myself. It is stupid to draft a qb this year because the Jets JUST drafted Clemens in the 2nd round last year. Drafting a qb no matter what round the year after u drafted a different qb shows NO confidence. And if people arent writing Clemens off it sure as hell seems like it. Poeple wanna draft a qb this year cus they r good but dont wanna give Clemens a chance to start this year because pennington is there. Whats the point of having the otha qb? To have him sit foreva after Clemens finally gets a chance to show himself. honestly it serves no purpose to draft a qb. Even if u only wanted him as a 3rd stringer u can sign any FA as a 3rd stringer i mean comon.

so i dunno what your problem is but i explained myself, i explained myself again now, and nowhere in my post did i attack anyone. saying it would be stupid to draft a qb is not calling anyone stupid. Its saying its a stupid ACT! NOT A PERSON. so CHILL OUT CUB SCOUT! beach.gif

OK...I would consider saying I have no commone sense and calling the idea in my post "utter stupidity" a personal attack...and I see no need for it. However...it's a matter of opinion...you don't have to agree with it. No one on here he is saying we should abandon Clemens. But he is far from a sure thing...and given the talent depth at QB this year...it would probably be a good idea to bring in another one...considering a decent guy can be had in the later rounds. If we can grab good camp competition in the 6th round you would really be opposed to it?

And I forgive you for thinking that Chris Mortensen represents every team in the NFL...and for thinking that Colt Brennan...according to everyone else in the world...is the consensus #3 QB in the draft....

I think you take advantage of what the draft gives you...if it gives you a good QB in the 6th round...and you in no way shape or form have the guranteed long term answer at QB...why wouldn't you do it?
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

I think that it really depends on Colt's combine and private workouts to where he will get selected in the draft if you ask me.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 16 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that it really depends on Colt's combine and private workouts to where he will get selected in the draft if you ask me.

Definitely...Colt could end up anywhere right now...in my opinion he'll be anywhere from 3rd to 6th based on how the offseason goes...with a slim shot at going in the 2nd round if he really shows something...
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users