NYJetsFan.com Forums: Parcells And The Jets - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Parcells And The Jets

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Post icon  Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

NFL Insider
Parcells could be bound for Big Apple once againBy Charean Williams
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

APNow that Bill Parcells has retired from coaching, what does he do? It's a good bet that Parcells will see plenty of Texas Tech basketball games and St. Louis Cardinals spring training, where his pals Bob Knight and Tony La Russa coach.

Parcells, 65, owns a home in Saratoga, N.Y., so he'll probably be seen at the track a time or two. It also seems likely he will get broadcasting offers to return as an NFL analyst.

But what if the New York Jets come calling with a consulting job? Since Parcells quit the Cowboys on Monday, there has been speculation in New York that he one day might return to the Jets.

Parcells coached the Jets from 1997 to 1999 was general manager in 2000. He has a solid relationship with Jets owner Woody Johnson and has served as a mentor to general manager Mike Tannenbaum and coach Eric Mangini. Parcells originally hired Tannenbaum in 1997 as the Jets' salary-cap expert and contract negotiator.

Had Parcells accepted the coaching job in Tampa Bay after the 2001 season, he probably would have taken Tannenbaum with him as a general manager there.

Parcells is believed to have been influential in the Jets' decision to hire Mangini last winter, a move largely orchestrated by Tannenbaum.

#2 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:50 PM

Reel in the Tuna Woody.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

No kidding, there's a connection with Parcells and the Jets? Holy colacal popping! biggrin.gif

The guy wants to retire. He's old and I'm not sure what kind of value he can bring the Jets anyway. We have the guys he mentored and trained already. They think like Parcells so what the hell can he possibly do to help our situation?

To me, the situation is clear: QB problem and a new DE.

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:02 AM

funny.gif

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 29 2007, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy colacal popping! biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Give him a front office job. The guy lives at the nj shore. Give the tuna somthin to do. We all loved him with the Jets, maybe a Specialty coach?
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#6 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Jan 30 2007, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give him a front office job. The guy lives at the nj shore. Give the tuna somthin to do. We all loved him with the Jets, maybe a Specialty coach?

Hes gonna want alot of money too much to be a coach and not head coach. Maybe PR director hahahahaha

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 29 2007, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reel in the Tuna Woody.

iagree.gif My goodness we just keep on agreeing on stuff.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

Giving Parcells any job on the personnel front would be a super move.

#9 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

No tuna fishing here
http://www.nypost.co..._cannizzaro.htm

#10 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Mangini`s Jets @ Jan 31 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No tuna fishing here
http://www.nypost.co..._cannizzaro.htm

Even if the Jets wanted to hire Parcells as a consultant, they wouldn't pay him a fraction of what he could make from television. If Parcells were to take a TV job, there would be a conflict for him to also be employed by the Jets, so doing both would be out of the question.

unless they hired him for SNY to do some sort of commentary .. maybe get that dweeb schein out of the picture

other than that I have said before how much I DONT want this asshole involved with this team .. he already screwed us out of bellidick .. i dont need him meddeling with Mangini too

retire bill .. its over .. TV would be ideal for him .. then he could call himself a jerkoff or something knowing his love for the press

#11 User is offline   Hey Coach Icon

• 2008 Best Avatar Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

I couldnt agree with you more Dave, if it aint broke dont fix it. Bill would make some crazy $ on t.v..
BTW whats wrong with Adam Schein? You like Lucas and Buttle better? cool2.gif drinks.gif

#12 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Mangini`s Jets @ Jan 31 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldnt agree with you more Dave, if it aint broke dont fix it. Bill would make some crazy $ on t.v..
BTW whats wrong with Adam Schein? You like Lucas and Buttle better? cool2.gif drinks.gif

schein strikes me as a know it all .. I dont think he actually talks to all these 'insiders' he claims to either

to me the only real expert on the sport is somebody who can start a sentence .. "well, when I played the game ... "

I may not always agree with Lucas .. but I like to hear what he has to say .. as for Buttle I cant get enough of his commentary .. his pre & post game shows on the Fan always entertain and enlighten and I generally agree with what he's talking about .. except when he picks against the Jets

Buttle was having a general conversation with the fans gathered @ that Jets sale at the meadowlands last week and I agreed again with all his points about what the teams needs were and were not .. basically he kept harping on the line ... offense and defense .. we have some great players on both sides .. but we need more skill at those positions if we are gonna be successfull .. compare the time Brady had to throw with the amount of time Chad had during that last game and I think it will tell you everything you need to know about what we need to draft ... but I digress

anyway .. yeah Lucas .. Buttle good .. Custer and OK moderator (although Id prefer Siafa Lewis or Julie Donaldson) .. Schein Pain in the ass who needs to go .. could Parcells be that guy I dunno I think he would be entertaining at least

one of these days I'll post the picture I took with Buttle

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (CrazyHorseDave @ Jan 31 2007, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unless they hired him for SNY to do some sort of commentary .. maybe get that dweeb schein out of the picture

other than that I have said before how much I DONT want this asshole involved with this team .. he already screwed us out of bellidick .. i dont need him meddeling with Mangini too

retire bill .. its over .. TV would be ideal for him .. then he could call himself a jerkoff or something knowing his love for the press

And thank God he did that. I know Belichump has won 3 Super Bowls as a Head Coach but doesn't mean he would have done that if he stayed with the Jets (remember his time with the Browns). I give more of the credit for the Pats success to Scott Pioli. Plus it was Pioli who learned the most from Parcells and who was and still is closer to him then Belichump ever was or will be, being Parcells' son-in-law and all. I think it would be a good idea if Parcells mentored and advised some of the members of the Jets front office. I could see him as a Godfather type in the Jets organization. We must remember the team is still very young on and off the field. We can only benefit from Bill Parcells' decades of knowledge. He shouldn't have final say by any means but he could help guide us in the right direction.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users