NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Now Offering Conditional 1st - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (30 July 2014 - 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Yesterday, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) now that was a busy MLB trade day
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) some WS level moves too
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) Price to DET, Lester to OAK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Dubbs is going to be watching a lot of Fox Sports this season
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:11 PM) Brady Quinn going to be a college/NFL analyst
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) I didnt realize quinn was already out of the nfl
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:22 PM) Scooped up that new dortmund jersey
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) http://i.imgur.com/NkpSryy.jpg
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) Dope.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:23 PM) Brady Quinn has always looked like a plastic TV talking head jock anyway.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jets Now Offering Conditional 1st Peter King & PFT.com

#1 User is offline   TimmyLamJones Icon

• "06 Top 10 Donator"/06 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

JETS OFFERING CONDITIONAL FIRST-ROUNDER?
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 6, 2008, 8:02 p.m.

Might the Packers come away from the Brett Favre standoff with an extra first-round draft pick in 2009?

With Favre slated to be traded to either the Jets or Buccaneers, Peter King of SI.com reports that he has heard reliably that the Jets are offering the Packers a third-round draft pick that could rise to a first-round pick depending on the team’s performance and how well Favre plays. Per King, the Buccaneers would definitely not offer that kind of a package for Favre.

That meshes with the previous report from Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, who said the Jets were making the Packers a much better offer than the Buccaneers were, but that Favre hadn’t warmed up to the possibility of playing in New York.

The Packers would certainly rather trade Favre to the Jets than to an NFC team, so if the Jets are making the best offer, then the Jets are definitely the team the Packers would want to make a deal with.

That indicates that the main obstacle in the way of the trade getting done is Favre himself.

From Peter King :

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

• I'm told the Bucs positively would not make an offer that lofty. The Packers have suggested a couple of different scenarios involving draft choices with Tampa Bay but I hear that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight.

• My gut feeling? Brett Favre Held Hostage will reach Thursday or perhaps longer. Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen drives a very hard bargain, and I wouldn't expect the Packers to be able to do business easily with him. I don't know if Favre or agent Bus Cook has told Green Bay where he prefers to play, but if his choice is Tampa Bay, this could take a while, especially if the Packers are willing to send him to a team they play in Week 4.

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

I'm fine with the deal as long as I know the stipulations. If it's the bucs get a 1st if we make a superbowl I'm fine. Anything else is uncivilized.

#3 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

TANGINI IS SUCKING BIG TIME *beep* IF THIS IS TRUE. AND I WOULD JUST FIRE THEM RIGHT NOW.OR QUIT. FARVE is not the Savior .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (gmany3k @ Aug 6 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TANGINI IS SUCKING BIG TIME *beep* IF THIS IS TRUE. AND I WOULD JUST FIRE THEM RIGHT NOW.OR QUIT. FARVE is not the Savior .

Well Mr irrational. Why not wait to see whats going to happen. When the rest of the team is shored up and your biggest problem is Q.B. What would you do. I can't blame them for being gun-ho about Brett Favre. They see the gamefilm and practice film from Chad and Clemens. Their scared to death!!!

I can't blame them for trying to make things happen and this might be our only way to get rid of Chad.

Also.. Clemens will be able to learn from Grey beard.

#5 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

If Farve can lead us to the promise land im all for giving up a first
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#6 User is offline   chad4mvp10 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Aug 6 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my irrational. Why not wait to see whats going to happen. When the rest of the team is shored up and your biggest problem is Q.B. What would you do. I can't blame them for being gun-ho about Brett Favre. They see the gamefilm and practice film. Their scared to death!!!

I can't blame them for trying to make things happen and this might be our only way to get rid of Chad.

Not to target u S-Dubb but you seem like you will do anything just to get rid of Chad Pennington. So the Jets get Favre and dont win the superbowl... then what? Im sure ul be happy that Chad is gone, but where will the Jets be then? All your posts are blatently against Chad. Ur last sentence just does not make sense to me. Im not targeting you, im just curious because besides Joe Namath I cant speak much higher than any other QB in Jets history

-When u have a Qb like Chad Pennington at the helm, who wouldnt want to play with him... Laveraneus Coles

AND THE HOME OF THE JETS!

#7 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (chad4mvp10 @ Aug 6 2008, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to target u S-Dubb but you seem like you will do anything just to get rid of Chad Pennington. So the Jets get Favre and dont win the superbowl... then what? Im sure ul be happy that Chad is gone, but where will the Jets be then? All your posts are blatently against Chad. Ur last sentence just does not make sense to me. Im not targeting you, im just curious because besides Joe Namath I cant speak much higher than any other QB in Jets history

Then you'll read other posts from him. "I'm not a Chad or Clemens supporter, I just want the best guy to win!!!" Ha.

#8 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

Brett Favre is not going to lead the JETS to the promised land cause we all know he hasn't done well in the last few years in the playoffs at least with Chad we have made it to the second round and Joe Namath isn't walking through the door I honestly think Kellen gives us the best chance to win....not Chad Not Brett and Not Erik the only QB the JETS have that has a good chance at leading the JETS to an above 500 record in 2008 is Kellen Clemens....here is my take on why I just made that statement

1) Kellen has potential
2) Kellen if given time in the pocket can make the throws deep to the WR to get more than a 5 yard dink and dunk
3) Kellen is younger and has a stronger arm
4) Kellen is the better chance the JETS have to win over Chad....the ship has sailed for Chad...Kellen is the answer for the 2008 New York JETS not Brett Favre, not Chad Pennington, not Joe Namath.....K.C. is the Kid and he will give us a chance to win in 2008.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

To Mr.Chad fan

Chad is a liability to this team. Kind of like that kid is school who doesn't necessarily do well in class but he stays after school to help the teacher bring books to her car. He's the first to put his hand up to answer a question. The teaches pet.

Chads the guy that will bendover and do what the coaches want him to do (which is fine) but you get where I'm going. He talks about ball security like he's holding a national treasure, afraid to place it out of arms reach.

Bottom line.. Chad wants to be a starter (can't blame him) but he's poison. He'll dink and dunk in camp to make all the stats look good, he'll do what it takes to be the guy. Where Clemens is out there trying to play football Chad seems more preoccupied about keeping his job. Chad becomes the starter and it's playoffs (1st round)/no playoffs or injury. 1 or 2 and done. he's been here for 9 years. I'm done.. it's time to move on and if Favre doesn't come here he'll probably be around for another 3 or 4 years. I couldn't handle that.

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Aug 6 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you'll read other posts from him. "I'm not a Chad or Clemens supporter, I just want the best guy to win!!!" Ha.

The difference is, I KNOW Chad can't. WEe don't know about Clemens. Clemens is 25 with a half year of EXP.. do we know what we have in him? NO.. I know what Chad is. 9 years is too much.

#11 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

Kellen is a young farve big arm. If we did get Farve for the year or two we have him think of how much he could mold Kellen and make him better. Win now Win later
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Aug 6 2008, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difference is, I KNOW Chad can't. WEe don't know about Clemens. Clemens is 25 with a half year of EXP.. do we know what we have in him? NO.. I know what Chad is. 9 years is too much.

Theres a reason Mangini is one of the 32 people in the world coaching a Pro Football team. He knows a bit more about the game, theres a reason why Clemens isn't the starter, isn't beating Chad and also a reason why we are looking for help else where.

#13 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

The condition for the 1st is probably:

Jets win the Super Bowl, and by all means, if that's the case than a 1st round pick is a good investment.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#14 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

wait a minute i need a few more 100 proof drinks . does mangini need an excuse ? if so mangini should have gotten rid of Clemens and chad over the off season. certainly he knew of favre and his agenda he turns over every stone . I am not a gambling man but if magini goes with favre he has bet the house.
does this mean wow mangini or tangini is so smart ? temptation is tempting don't bite.
farve as a team player waiting in the wings if our starter gets hurt sure that would be sweet.
but farve cutting the lunch line is nothing more than a cheater.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Aug 6 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres a reason Mangini is one of the 32 people in the world coaching a Pro Football team. He knows a bit more about the game, theres a reason why Clemens isn't the starter, isn't beating Chad and also a reason why we are looking for help else where.

Clemens may be beating Chad, those writers IMO aren't too good. They go off of just INTs in practice, when its much more. Clemens I think needs to work on getting the ball out faster, not always looking for big plays, he is more accurate downfield this year IMO, but he just needs to learn some things. He has the arm to be a NFL QB, just needs to learn to be an NFL QB. I think he can do it, bringing in Favre won't be a bad idea, as Clemens can learn more and hopefully be ready next year or the year after. Otherwise we have to hope on Eric Ainge, who actually doesn't look bad, he has a strong arm also.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:14 PM

Can somebody please tell me why you WOULDNT LIKE THIS? I dont know about you but winning the superbowl would be pretty damn cool. Lets face it chad cant do it there is no way, teams in this league have defenses that take advantages of him too easily. There is no way he leads us to the big show, no way!!! kellen clemens might be able to, but not this year thats for sure. dont get me wrong i really think that clemens will be a solid starter in a couple of years. Favre gives us the best chance to win a superbowl bar none. With the acquisitions we made this offseason, the only key hole - maybe aside from cb - is qb, and why wouldnt you want to get one of the best quarterbacks of all time on your team who is coming off his best year, with OUR offensive line??? you guys are nuts.

Get this guy, i dont care if we give up a first round pick if we win the superbowl, i dont care at all.
ColesReturns87

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Aug 6 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clemens may be beating Chad, those writers IMO aren't too good. They go off of just INTs in practice, when its much more. Clemens I think needs to work on getting the ball out faster, not always looking for big plays, he is more accurate downfield this year IMO, but he just needs to learn some things. He has the arm to be a NFL QB, just needs to learn to be an NFL QB. I think he can do it, bringing in Favre won't be a bad idea, as Clemens can learn more and hopefully be ready next year or the year after. Otherwise we have to hope on Eric Ainge, who actually doesn't look bad, he has a strong arm also.

If it takes 5 years to groom Clemens I don't give him much more hope than I do now. Ainge has a fine arm, all kids do when they enter the league. My point is, Clemens hasn't been named the starter for a reason.

#18 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

Brett Favre is not worth a Conditional 1st Round pick....if this was 10 years ago yeah but present moment No Way In Hell....Tangini need to make up thier mind on who the Starting QB is going to be for Sept 7th but for the game tommorrow who gives a rats a$$....just let Kellen and Chad battle it out and when the dust settles before week 1 of the season Kellen will be holding the ball against the Fish....so just hand chad the clipboard....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#19 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

Brett Favre is definitely worth a conditional 1st round pick. If he even meets the criteria then we've succeeded. Hell, we're literally ONE player from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. To me, it's worth it. I was content before to watch Kellen struggle enough to get us to 9-7 and possible a First Round Exit from the playoffs. But now knowing that there is something real out there like Brett Favre coming to NY.... sorry but I'm curious. We're a better team than the Packers and a better team than the Bucs. NE fans will shit themselves when they hear we got Favre along with Jenkins, Faneca, Pace, Gholston..... we built a monster, why not get the best possible QB to run it all? That's Brett and to me that's worth a 1st round pick to see what happens.

#20 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I disagree, putting Brett Farve on our team still doesn't get us mentioned with NE, IND, SD, DAL of the world. I don't think its possibly worth going out to get him.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users