NYJetsFan.com Forums: Poeple Seem To Forget - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (26 November 2014 - 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Poeple Seem To Forget

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

Poeple seem to forget that free agency comes be4 the draft. what we do in free agency will change our needs and draft picks. we should be talking more about free agency
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

I know, to many people are basing everything on if we dont pick anyone in the FA, people think that every hole has to be filled by the draft.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

I think Tangini will go after a CB such as Samuel or Clements if either becomes available in FA. Our front office is smart and won't overpay for someone who perhaps is getting on a bit in NFL terms when there are cheaper alternatives who could be just as good available in the draft; Tannenbaum has already said the Jets will build through the draft.
Another position that could be filled through FA is G and RT but I only see one or two big money signings and a couple cheaper players being signed such as Banta Cain.

#4 User is offline   nysackexchange Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

Does free agency start right after the superbowl?

#5 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

the draft is wayyyyyyyyy more important then FA..........people dont understand that its extremely rare to find anyone in FA that makes an impact on your team..........our chances of getting a great CB are extremely low...........we are in great cap condition but so is everyone else in the league except for like 5 teams........if you make FA dictate what you do in the draft you start looking like the redskins or even worse....................da raiders..............good teams dont get caught up in FA or make a splash
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#6 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 27 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Tangini will go after a CB such as Samuel or Clements if either becomes available in FA. Our front office is smart and won't overpay for someone who perhaps is getting on a bit in NFL terms when there are cheaper alternatives who could be just as good available in the draft; Tannenbaum has already said the Jets will build through the draft.
Another position that could be filled through FA is G and RT but I only see one or two big money signings and a couple cheaper players being signed such as Banta Cain.

I just don't understand wanting to sign Banta-Cain...he's a good backup at best. You draft those kind of guys...you don't sign them. You don't see the Patriots going out and signing guys like Banta Cain...you draft them!
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't understand wanting to sign Banta-Cain...he's a good backup at best. You draft those kind of guys...you don't sign them. You don't see the Patriots going out and signing guys like Banta Cain...you draft them!

let the redskins sign him to a 30 million dollar contract while NE drafts a guy in the 6th round who is more productive

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 27 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's a Mangini guy though so it's inevitable that we take a look at him in FA.

#9 User is offline   Jigsaw Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

I know coach wants to build this team with his type of guys but I want a playmaker on this team and we need to go after Turner and a DT in Free Agency way before the draft even starts.
IPB Image Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not any more...

#10 User is offline   JerseyJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Rutgers Football, NFL football History Buff, making fun of Patriots fans. Reading about WWII/Civil war/Jets, playing drums, guitar, listening to the who, led zeppelin and pink floyd.<br /><br />Favorite player- Jon Vilma<br /><br /><br /><br />NYJETSFAN.COM ,Phillies baseball, Minor League Baseball, College Football, football card collecting,baseball card collecting<br />Favorite Philly- , Aaron Rowand<br />Arena Football, baseball card collecting.<br />Drinking Rootbeer,baseball and football video games, baseball, football,playing football and baseball, music, favorite band- the who, song- won't get fooled again.<br />Bands-The who<br />led zeppelin,pink floyd

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

I want Dwight Freeney in FA and Leon Hall in the first round.
IPB Image
IPB Image
Keep Choppin Jets, Phillies and Knights!

#11 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Jigsaw @ Jan 27 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know coach wants to build this team with his type of guys but I want a playmaker on this team and we need to go after Turner and a DT in Free Agency way before the draft even starts.

iagree.gif with jigsaw and jersey jet but if we get freeny we need to switch him to olb
btw nice sig jigsaw

#12 User is offline   Kirby JUICE Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (JerseyJet @ Jan 27 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want Dwight Freeney in FA and Leon Hall in the first round.

Freeney is too small to play end in the 3-4. He could probably be a monster at OLB but he doesn't want to make the switch... he was criticizing Houston for moving Mario Williams around this year. I say no Dwight Freeney, same goes for Patrick Kerney.

#13 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Kirby JUICE @ Jan 27 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Freeney is too small to play end in the 3-4. He could probably be a monster at OLB but he doesn't want to make the switch... he was criticizing Houston for moving Mario Williams around this year. I say no Dwight Freeney, same goes for Patrick Kerney.

the 49ers are the top team after him and he would have to switch to olb because they run a 3-4........they wouldnt be that interested in him if he didnt want to make the switch............ i agree on kearney.....he's too slow to be an olb and to small for DE

#14 User is offline   Kirby JUICE Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 27 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the 49ers are the top team after him and he would have to switch to olb because they run a 3-4........they wouldnt be that interested in him if he didnt want to make the switch............ i agree on kearney.....he's too slow to be an olb and to small for DE

Actually San fran isnt even positive he's gonna fit over there

Hes on the list, Nolan said of Freeney. (If) we put him in this environment, maybe he becomes the other (kind of player). Maybe not, but hes a good player. I dont want to take anything away from him. But one player affects another. And Im trying to build a football team and not someone who just gets stats.

Besides, I've read about the 9ers being interested in Freeney, not vice versa but maybe you've seen something I haven't.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (nysackexchange @ Jan 27 2007, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does free agency start right after the superbowl?

No it starts in March.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Kirby JUICE @ Jan 27 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually San fran isnt even positive he's gonna fit over there
Hes on the list, Nolan said of Freeney. (If) we put him in this environment, maybe he becomes the other (kind of player). Maybe not, but hes a good player. I dont want to take anything away from him. But one player affects another. And Im trying to build a football team and not someone who just gets stats.

Besides, I've read about the 9ers being interested in Freeney, not vice versa but maybe you've seen something I haven't.

San Fran is going to land Adalius Thomas.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 27 2007, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the draft is wayyyyyyyyy more important then FA..........people dont understand that its extremely rare to find anyone in FA that makes an impact on your team..........our chances of getting a great CB are extremely low...........we are in great cap condition but so is everyone else in the league except for like 5 teams........if you make FA dictate what you do in the draft you start looking like the redskins or even worse....................da raiders..............good teams dont get caught up in FA or make a splash

The draft is more important, but in the draft you dont always get a impact player, when in the FA, you can get a proven player. The draft is the way to build your team and put them through your system, the FA is to get imediate starters, or just back ups and stuff.

If there is one guy that we get, please let it be Samuel! He knows the system, its a cant miss pickup..... The only thing is, he wants alot of money, I guess atleast if he leaves the east......
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The draft is more important, but in the draft you dont always get a impact player, when in the FA, you can get a proven player. The draft is the way to build your team and put them through your system, the FA is to get imediate starters, or just back ups and stuff.

If there is one guy that we get, please let it be Samuel! He knows the system, its a cant miss pickup..... The only thing is, he wants alot of money, I guess atleast if he leaves the east......

i agree samuels is cant miss but we would have to stand in line with about 25 other teams who are salivating over him and have great cap space.........this guy is going to get paid

#19 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 28 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

iagree.gif The draft is the cheapest and therefore best way to build your team as you normally have to overpay slightly for a player in FA but FA does provide a more immediate fix than building through the draft. I don't want to see us go after too many FAs - Samuel is top of my list as drafting a CB will mean the rookie has to take a lot of time to adjust to the NFL whereas you can plug Samuel in straight away and be successful.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users