NYJetsFan.com Forums: What is lycopene? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets acquire OT Ryan Clady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) JETS are on the CLOCK!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) Jills pick Lawson
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:16 PM) f*** f*** f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Son of a f***ing bitch
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) f*** you rex ryan
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) He'll be going up against Clady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:20 PM) MAC AND BOWLES ARE ON THE PHONE
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:20 PM) WHO DO WE GOT?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:21 PM) I hope Treadwell
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:21 PM) Trading down?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:22 PM) Those hats are ugly
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:22 PM) If the JETS go Lynch then the Bryce Petty pick last year was a waste
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) 1 min left on the clock
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Pick is in
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) The NEW YORK JETS SELECT...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Darron Lee LB
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:25 PM) Lee
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) Who?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) WTF
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) BULLSHIT PICK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) A LB from Ohio State
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:27 PM) Defiantly not an inspiring pick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) GHOLSTON 2.0
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:28 PM) Guy has had 12 sacks in 2 years?? how the hell is that a 1st round pass rusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:29 PM) At least we didn't go QB again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:30 PM) You mean GHOSTon
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) Not f***ing happy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) I hope I'm wrong tho
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) if I'm wrong I will eat m crow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) Some mocks had him top 10
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) this guy is small
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) Most mocks had Lee at 17 to the Falcons
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:45 PM) He's a day 1 starter for us. We've needed OLB forever
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) Plus we generate a great rush from wilk rich and Williams
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) I wanted Lawson bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) f***ing bills
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) Lee fills a need better
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) I would have liked tunsil to slide to us though. After east picking great
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) Would you take Lee over Lawson?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) I'm not inspire by that pick. Not even a little
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) Wasn't an option. Lawson was gone
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) Lawson is more of a de. We already have too many of those. We only have 1 proven LBer and he's 32 and we run a 3-4. Lee is a day 1 starter
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) Broncos traded up for lynch
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Round 1 is done
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 12:43 AM) He will play ILB for us.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What is lycopene?

#1 Guest_News_Flash_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:27 AM

Lycopene is a fighter of free radicals and is beneficial to the bodybuilder.

Author: Scott Michaels

Lycopene is a bright red carotenoid pigment, a phytochemical found in tomatoes and other red fruits. Lycopene is the most common carotenoid in the human body and is one of the most potent carotenoid antioxidants.

Its name is derived from the tomato's species classification, Solanum lycopersicum. Fruits and vegetables that are high in lycopene include notonly tomatoes, but watermelon, pink grapefruit, papaya, and rosehip. Almost all lycopene in the American diet comes from tomato-containing foods.

Unlike other fruits and vegetables, where nutritional content such as vitamin C is diminished upon cooking, processing of tomatoes increases the concentration of bioavailable lycopene. Lycopene in tomato paste is four times more bioavailable than in fresh tomatoes. Thus processed tomato products such as tomato juice, soup, sauce, and ketchup contain the highest concentrations of bioavailable lycopene.

Because lycopene is so insoluble in water and is so tightly bound to vegetable fiber, the bioavailablity of lycopene isincreased by food processing. For example cooking and crushing tomatoes (as in the canning process) and serving in oil-rich dishes (such as spaghetti sauce or pizza) greatly increase sassimilation from the digestive tract into the bloodstream.

Lycopene is the most powerful carotenoid quencher of singlet oxygen. Singlet oxygen from ultraviolet light is a primarycause of skin aging. There is evidence that frequent intake of such products isassociated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer(especially prostate cancer), diabetes, osteoporosis, and even male infertility.

Lycopene may also be related to a reduced risk of oesophageal, colon, and mouth cancer. Due to its ubiquity, lycopene has been licensed for use as a food coloring. Lycopene is not water-soluble and instantly stains anysufficiently porous material, including most plastics.

While atomato stain can be fairly easily removed from fabric provided the stain is fresh, discolored plastic defies all efforts to drive out the lycopene with hot water, soap, or detergent. Bleach will destroy lycopene, however. Plastics are especially susceptible to staining if heated,scratched, oiled, or pitted by acids such as those found intomatoes.

About The Author: Exploring the many benefits of the powerful antioxidant known as licopene. http://licopene.info/index.html

[bodybuilding]

[health and wellness]

[weight lifting]

http://thor-body-bui...ntry_id=1508390

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users