NYJetsFan.com Forums: Official Madden 08 Stuff - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:45 PM) you want the NFL to say sorry and you want Morningwig canned. You're a clown
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:45 PM) Gotta give credit to greenbay. That's a good football team
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) f*** an apology. It's not going to change anything in the standings which is what matters at the end of the season.
FlyHiJets Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) definitely reminds me of AFC Championship in Denver
canuckfan Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:46 PM) marty ranks up there with bittfumble
canuckfan Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 September 2014 - 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
Resize Shouts Area

• (33 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official Madden 08 Stuff

#41 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

I brought this thread up from the game forum until training camp to spice up the main board a bit

#42 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ May 27 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what we can look forward to out of Darrelle in Madden:

These are Deanglo Hall's numbers

82 overall
98 speed
93 jump
60aware
96agi
95acc
44 tackle

He should be alot Similar to him in 08

BUMP!

#43 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Why is Revis wearing #25? Are they that f***ing stupid? Honestly..... his number is 24. Yet they don't get it. Knowing EA he'll be wearing number 25, we won't have Kerry Rhodes because he'll be programmed out of the game, and we still wont be able to change jersey numbers or physical attributes so players like Brad Smith will still have Stevie Wonder looking braids. Stupid f***ing EA.

I'm predicting another year of disappointment.

#44 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ May 28 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is Revis wearing #25? Are they that f***ing stupid? Honestly..... his number is 24. Yet they don't get it. Knowing EA he'll be wearing number 25, we won't have Kerry Rhodes because he'll be programmed out of the game, and we still wont be able to change jersey numbers or physical attributes so players like Brad Smith will still have Stevie Wonder looking braids. Stupid f***ing EA.

Hahaha Although every year I think the way you do I think this is going to be the year and here's why. In previous years (especially concerning the 360) all they have talked about is grafics!!. "Oh look at the mud on his jersey" or " WOW the field breaks up in the rain" and " WHOA!.. look at the awesome stadium renders" but all I have read and heard is GAMEPLAY!! which is the biggest thing I've been waiting to here. Every article and vid trailer has been about gameplay so I'm thinking this is going to be the year.

Revis wore 25 in college so thats the explanation to that. Thay had those pics of all the rookies up the same day they got drafted. Can't really blame that on that one. He'll be 24 when they launch.

This is what you can expect in a nutshell this year:

-Mid air collisions
-Sideline grabs
-GANGTACKLING
-Diving catches
-Defensive playmaker is back
-Officials review online (huge)
-Guards and tackles can now double team threats like Peppers and Freeney
-The ability to either hit high (Vs players like Warrick Dunn) and the versatility to go for the legs with backs like L.J.

They have a gang of different things in this years madden which I think it's going to make a comback.

They are introducing a superstar system where you're threats.. for instance Vilma will get the "smart LB" icon and he will be able to read the play if people keep picking the same one over and over. Also on offense where if you're the Colts you'll be able to read the D. For instance if a player keeps picking the same play on D Peyton will enter his "smart Q.B" mode and he will be able to read certain soft spots in the D before the snap.

There are:
Smart saftey
LB
LT
Q.B
Bit hitter Icons
Deep threat Icons

hell there are a bunch of them. It's definitely looking up thats for sure BUT if all else fails I still have my Old black xbox that I keep 07 madden in and play to this day. 360 developers are going to have to really WOW me to convert but this just might be the year.

#45 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

The thing they need to have is fantasy drafts and training camps. Madden 07 for PS3 sucked because it didn't have those things and the gameplay was not all that good either. There were too many glitches in it. Like a receiver would just make a catch and run right through a d back or something.

#46 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ May 28 2007, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing they need to have is fantasy drafts and training camps. Madden 07 for PS3 sucked because it didn't have those things and the gameplay was not all that good either. There were too many glitches in it. Like a receiver would just make a catch and run right through a d back or something.

All of those issues are supposed to be cleared up. I play for the Online play. I personally think if you don't play online you're not getting you're moneys worth. Paying 55,50 to 65 dollars a game just isn't worth it without the online play. So i really don't play nor do I care about superstar modes,Franchises or fantasy drafts. I press power on my 360 and go online and play a live opponent. Playing against the A.I for a whole year sucks bad. Why not bring you're game against an online opponent. Every game is different and much better.

I bought 07 last August and I still play it online all the time. I think I've gotten my moneys worth

#47 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:48 AM

yeah man i agree. gotta hit up the online game. i usually just stick to playing friends or people ive gotten to know that play str8. i was big time hating on this game.. because honestly come on who hasnt felt suckerd into buying 05,06,07? i felt like i have been forced to suffer the same glitches and same mistakes all previous years had. now 08 seems to be a lot more promising because they directly brought up said issues to be fixed. my only concern is that the resulting product produces all sorts of new issues and glitches so forth. i doubt they can ever deliver a flawless game or want to.

i will be surely getting a next gen console just for madden. but this time around im not waiting at 12 the night before to get it... or sending the gf off to do it..lofl
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#48 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Madden used to be the reason to have the latest and greatest consoles. Now it's like my worst game. I hate it. I hated the way the gameplay went. It felt like being in a DVD animation the whole time. Right from the snap the way it felt was horrible IMO. That's why I love playing NCAA. That's a great game. It's really easy to throw for 600 yards though in that game.

Anyway, with games like Gears of War and Tiger Woods and Virtua Tennis.... the 360 is worth it. EA needs to step up their gameplan because I'm getting to the point where I might not even buy the damn thing.

#49 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ May 28 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah Jets0n they had everyone whering the same number they wore in college M.Lynch was #10 and we know the NFL wont let him do that, Beason was #2 and he cant wear that, Merriweather 19, Meachem 3, and so on.

#50 User is offline   Fatman Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

How much is the 360 running for these days? i'm thinking about getting one

Thanks for the Memories

#51 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (santana @ May 28 2007, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah man i agree. gotta hit up the online game. i usually just stick to playing friends or people ive gotten to know that play str8. i was big time hating on this game.. because honestly come on who hasnt felt suckerd into buying 05,06,07? i felt like i have been forced to suffer the same glitches and same mistakes all previous years had. now 08 seems to be a lot more promising because they directly brought up said issues to be fixed. my only concern is that the resulting product produces all sorts of new issues and glitches so forth. i doubt they can ever deliver a flawless game or want to.

i will be surely getting a next gen console just for madden. but this time around im not waiting at 12 the night before to get it... or sending the gf off to do it..lofl

o.k 2 Things I want to address. About the glitches.. Every game has glitches and thats just something you're going to have to get over. Honestly I play madden on the old box because 360 hasn't lived up to the hype at all. My point is ..is that I haven't experienced a glitcher in a long time. I play in tourneys and online constantly and some things you might consider a glitch I don't.

Known glitches in 07 for the black xbox:

-High pass glitch-- I'm sure you seen this one where all they do is snap and throw up high. Yea It's a bit glitchy but that can get stopped and it's easily defendable.
- Disconnect glitch-- This is the only REAL glitch. Where they do something mid game and the game will just stop! resulting in a loss for you.

So I'm not to sure what all these glitches are. 07 is a good game (for the current Gen box). It might not look all space aged but it plays like a football game should.
i will be surely getting a next gen console just for madden

Next thing I want to address is DON'T BUY 360 OR PS3 just FOR MADDEN This would be the worst mistake you could ever make. If you're getting next gen for titles like Rainbow 6 vegas,Halo3,oblivion,Forza,NBA 2k,Gears of war,G.R.A.W then fine but getting for the soul means of madden is just insane. I've had my 360 since the launch and I've never boughten madden for 360 to this day. That why I keep my old console

#52 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ May 28 2007, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Madden used to be the reason to have the latest and greatest consoles. Now it's like my worst game. I hate it. I hated the way the gameplay went. It felt like being in a DVD animation the whole time. Right from the snap the way it felt was horrible IMO. That's why I love playing NCAA. That's a great game. It's really easy to throw for 600 yards though in that game.

Anyway, with games like Gears of War and Tiger Woods and Virtua Tennis.... the 360 is worth it. EA needs to step up their gameplan because I'm getting to the point where I might not even buy the damn thing.

Again this is why I like my old xbox. I madden on and madden only. I don't own another game for my old console. I keep my madden in it. 360 madden is horrible.

#53 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

The superstar system will probably just make the game worse then it already is. They added a superstart system in NBA live 07 and that made the game even worse then the year before.

#54 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

http://www.easports....ennfl/blogs.jsp

#

05.23.07 Current Gen- Stronger Than Ever!

I have never really understood console wars. Xbox360 vs. PS3, Current Gen Systems vs. Next Gen systemsÖ with the way people talk sometimes on message boards you would think theyíre lawyers representing their console of choice in court. Personally I just want as many quality products and fun games as I can get- regardless of the brand or generation. Anyone who closes their mind to a game or console without giving it a try is only hurting themselves, which is why I plan on being a ďconsole nomadĒ this year Ė from system to system and generation to generation- Iím just looking to have some fun.

That being said, with the new wave of technology and power that the Next Generation systems have brought in, it might be natural for fans to assume that the Current Generation hardware is being phased out as a thing of the past. We all know that technically speaking the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube canít hold a candle to their new and improved counterparts, but letís not forget that technology isnít all that counts. Think of your favorite games of all time- the games that you have had the most fun playing in your life. I would be willing to bet that the majority of those games are on systems that are now technically obsolete. Heck- how many people have an old NES plugged up to a TV right now? I know I do!
Our goal on CG Madden this year was to come out with a chip on our shoulder and prove to people that we are still committed to making an awesome game. Those who thought CG was going to become the ignored little brother of NG are completely wrong. From technological improvements that allow us to do more on CG systems than we ever thought possible, to innovative new features that are aimed at bringing a unique and fun experience; I am convinced that Madden 08 will be more impressive than ever. But I am not just blogging today to be a ďhype-man,Ē I am here to give some details. Here is your first peek at Current Gen Madden 08- check it out: Let me first start off with the hardcore features, since I know that most of you guys are hardcore fans. Madden 08 CG will still be a great place for hardcore gamers, and we have some cool new features- most of which you will only find on the XBOX, PS2, and Gamecube this year:

Bluff Play Art

We all know that the worse part about playing a head to head game is that you canít look at your play at the line of scrimmage without showing your opponent seeing it. Well this year we have added a new feature that allows you to show a fake play. Are you really calling a play action pass? Show your opponent a runÖ Are you really passing the ball? Show a draw play. The end result is that your opponent will never know when you are showing your real play or a fake play. We have been messing around with this in our head to head games at work, and it definitely adds another dimension to pre-play.

[/b]Defensive Smart Routes[/b]
Smart Routing, the ability to adjust a receiverís route in relation to the first down marker, was a great addition that we made a couple years ago. Now the Smart Route concept makes the transition to defense to provide a more realistic 3rd and long zone type. These zones are similar to hook zones, but will automatically drop back to the first down line in an attempt to stop the offense from moving the chains. These zones are available via Defensive Hot Routes, so now you no longer have an excuse for letting someone complete a 4th and 25 against you!

Double Pass Plays

After years of the community clamoring for this, we finally found a good way to implement Double Pass trick plays. These plays feature the QB throwing to a WR, who is then eligible to throw down field to yet another receiver. Our playbook guys drew these up to mimic real NFL Double Passing plays that we have seen over the years. You will also find these in NCAAÖ look out for Arkansas!

Online Challenges

Ever since Madden first started supporting online play, one thing has been glaringly missingÖ the ability to challenge plays. That will all end now in Madden 08 as the option to throw the red flag will make its online debut.

New Animations and Gang Tackles

Thatís right, CG will sport some very nice looking gang tackles this year. With a little technological creativity, our dev team created a way for us to increase our animation capacity and add more animations that ever before. This year we decided to focus on catches and tackles.

Gameplay Tuning

Madden CG over the course of seven years has become, in my opinion, the best playing sports game of all time. At this point we are more worried about keeping it playing great as opposed to fixing a bunch of issues. All the small bugs and exploits that were in the game last year have been fixed, and a lot of new animations have also been added. The majority of people in the community were playing CG Madden 07, and the feedback I gathered from looking at message boards was overwhelmingly positive. You can all look forward to the same great gameplay that you have become accustomed to over the years.

That concludes our preview for today, but I have saved the best for last. In the upcoming week, I will be discussing two brand new game modes that are exclusive to Current Gen Madden. Just remember, CG is not going anywhere- only getting better with age. Keep your Xboxís and PS2ís plugged in for 2008!
D-Cas
Posted 05.23.07 10:33 PM by admin | 76 comment(s)
Filed under: Current Gen
#
#
05.18.07 Where has Franchise Been?

Hey Madden Community, my name is Ronnie Morales but everyone calls me Romo. Itís a nickname I got back when I was a tester from my lead at the time and it has struck with me ever since. I am the producer in charge of Franchise Mode on Next Gen. Just a little run down on myself. I came to EA in 2003 as a tester. During my initial time at Tiburon, I worked mostly on Madden and NCAA. I eventually made my way into production and worked on Current Gen Madden with Josh Looman for a while before moving on to take on the challenge that has been Franchise on the Next Gen platforms. I originally was going to work on another title when I was asked to stay on Next Gen and help out. When I talked to David Ortiz (the Producer on Next Gen) I told him that if I was going to stay I needed more control over what goes into franchise and that we needed to give it more love. Thatís where this blog comes into play.

Ever since we made the transition to Next Gen, Franchise mode has been on the back burner. And I donít even mean the back burner like its on low heat keeping the food warm. I mean the back burner where you keep the pan you donít want to wash yet. It just wasnít getting any love. Being a Franchise guy this ticked me off. I became a modern day politician at EA letting everyone know that things needed to change. I finally got my chance and I have begun to run with it. Too many years have passed without the stuff we all loved about Franchise Mode. Being able to edit my players, draft new teams, and relocating to cities that donít really have business hosting an NFL team just to name a few. These were the staple features that guys like Looman, Cummings, and Frazier put into the game back in the day. And I loved them. I am the type of guy who enjoys creating a cupcake team and then working my trade magic to acquire a team of the future. I enjoy editing players; I enjoy trading away all of my draft picks; I enjoy simulating 30 years and not playing a single game. Some call this boring but I say these are the options that Franchise mode gave us before and has failed lately.
So what do I plan on doing about this? Well for starters we need all of the oldies back in the game. All of the classic features that allowed us to tweak the game to our liking need to make their way back into this title. Secondly, we need to give control back to the gamer. No offense, but if I am dropping 60 bucks on a game, let me do whatever I want to do to it. Thatís kind of my outlook on Franchise. Give control back to the gamer. After all, what you may like to do to your team may vary completely from what I want to do. If you give that control back to the gamer, then I donít have to worry if the community is going to like my features. I can ultimately put it back in your hands to enjoy. Anyways well I'm starting to rantÖbut over the next weeks I plan to share with you where Franchise stands and where we plan to go with it. Itís something that isnít going to happen overnight, but I am confident that with me at the helm we can bring this puppy back to life. I would love to get your feedback on what should be in the game. Well enough about thatÖIan stole all of my thunder with the shots of Edit Player and Fantasy Draft in his More Madden 08 News blog, so come back in the next coming weeks Iíll have to show off a goodie for everyone.

#55 User is offline   Merenguito Icon

• 2008 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

This you tube video does a great comparison of the PS3 and XBOX 360. (You may need to pause it when the words alone come out so you have time to read them.)

PS3 vs XBOX 360
Posted Image

#56 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Merenguito @ May 28 2007, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This you tube video does a great comparison of the PS3 and XBOX 360. (You may need to pause it when the words alone come out so you have time to read them.)

PS3 vs XBOX 360

its a cool video but i'd like to see a more unbiased video. this guy twisted facts by showing articles saying the PS3 had record breaking sales (but if u read it says in UK) i would have like to see a side by side chart of all 3 systems per month and you'd see that the PS3 is in last by far.

aslo as far as the power goes the specs showed that the xbox360 is more powerfull, that 1 guy who tried to run tests and the video says to sum it up the PS3 is more powerfull is false information. the clock speed of the 360 is beyond what the PS3 can do.

i'd liek to see a video with pure facts thats unbiased rather then biased people. i don't understand why fan boys of either system act so biased. it makes no sense. its not like sony or MS are paying your bills. why be so loyal to them?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ May 28 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.easports....ennfl/blogs.jsp

#
05.23.07 Current Gen- Stronger Than Ever!

I have never really understood console wars. Xbox360 vs. PS3, Current Gen Systems vs. Next Gen systemsÖ with the way people talk sometimes on message boards you would think theyíre lawyers representing their console of choice in court. Personally I just want as many quality products and fun games as I can get- regardless of the brand or generation. Anyone who closes their mind to a game or console without giving it a try is only hurting themselves, which is why I plan on being a ďconsole nomadĒ this year Ė from system to system and generation to generation- Iím just looking to have some fun.

That being said, with the new wave of technology and power that the Next Generation systems have brought in, it might be natural for fans to assume that the Current Generation hardware is being phased out as a thing of the past. We all know that technically speaking the Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube canít hold a candle to their new and improved counterparts, but letís not forget that technology isnít all that counts. Think of your favorite games of all time- the games that you have had the most fun playing in your life. I would be willing to bet that the majority of those games are on systems that are now technically obsolete. Heck- how many people have an old NES plugged up to a TV right now? I know I do!
Our goal on CG Madden this year was to come out with a chip on our shoulder and prove to people that we are still committed to making an awesome game. Those who thought CG was going to become the ignored little brother of NG are completely wrong. From technological improvements that allow us to do more on CG systems than we ever thought possible, to innovative new features that are aimed at bringing a unique and fun experience; I am convinced that Madden 08 will be more impressive than ever. But I am not just blogging today to be a ďhype-man,Ē I am here to give some details. Here is your first peek at Current Gen Madden 08- check it out: Let me first start off with the hardcore features, since I know that most of you guys are hardcore fans. Madden 08 CG will still be a great place for hardcore gamers, and we have some cool new features- most of which you will only find on the XBOX, PS2, and Gamecube this year:

Bluff Play Art

We all know that the worse part about playing a head to head game is that you canít look at your play at the line of scrimmage without showing your opponent seeing it. Well this year we have added a new feature that allows you to show a fake play. Are you really calling a play action pass? Show your opponent a runÖ Are you really passing the ball? Show a draw play. The end result is that your opponent will never know when you are showing your real play or a fake play. We have been messing around with this in our head to head games at work, and it definitely adds another dimension to pre-play.

[/b]Defensive Smart Routes[/b]
Smart Routing, the ability to adjust a receiverís route in relation to the first down marker, was a great addition that we made a couple years ago. Now the Smart Route concept makes the transition to defense to provide a more realistic 3rd and long zone type. These zones are similar to hook zones, but will automatically drop back to the first down line in an attempt to stop the offense from moving the chains. These zones are available via Defensive Hot Routes, so now you no longer have an excuse for letting someone complete a 4th and 25 against you!

Double Pass Plays

After years of the community clamoring for this, we finally found a good way to implement Double Pass trick plays. These plays feature the QB throwing to a WR, who is then eligible to throw down field to yet another receiver. Our playbook guys drew these up to mimic real NFL Double Passing plays that we have seen over the years. You will also find these in NCAAÖ look out for Arkansas!

Online Challenges

Ever since Madden first started supporting online play, one thing has been glaringly missingÖ the ability to challenge plays. That will all end now in Madden 08 as the option to throw the red flag will make its online debut.

New Animations and Gang Tackles

Thatís right, CG will sport some very nice looking gang tackles this year. With a little technological creativity, our dev team created a way for us to increase our animation capacity and add more animations that ever before. This year we decided to focus on catches and tackles.

Gameplay Tuning

Madden CG over the course of seven years has become, in my opinion, the best playing sports game of all time. At this point we are more worried about keeping it playing great as opposed to fixing a bunch of issues. All the small bugs and exploits that were in the game last year have been fixed, and a lot of new animations have also been added. The majority of people in the community were playing CG Madden 07, and the feedback I gathered from looking at message boards was overwhelmingly positive. You can all look forward to the same great gameplay that you have become accustomed to over the years.

That concludes our preview for today, but I have saved the best for last. In the upcoming week, I will be discussing two brand new game modes that are exclusive to Current Gen Madden. Just remember, CG is not going anywhere- only getting better with age. Keep your Xboxís and PS2ís plugged in for 2008!
D-Cas
Posted 05.23.07 10:33 PM by admin | 76 comment(s)
Filed under: Current Gen
#
#
05.18.07 Where has Franchise Been?

Hey Madden Community, my name is Ronnie Morales but everyone calls me Romo. Itís a nickname I got back when I was a tester from my lead at the time and it has struck with me ever since. I am the producer in charge of Franchise Mode on Next Gen. Just a little run down on myself. I came to EA in 2003 as a tester. During my initial time at Tiburon, I worked mostly on Madden and NCAA. I eventually made my way into production and worked on Current Gen Madden with Josh Looman for a while before moving on to take on the challenge that has been Franchise on the Next Gen platforms. I originally was going to work on another title when I was asked to stay on Next Gen and help out. When I talked to David Ortiz (the Producer on Next Gen) I told him that if I was going to stay I needed more control over what goes into franchise and that we needed to give it more love. Thatís where this blog comes into play.

Ever since we made the transition to Next Gen, Franchise mode has been on the back burner. And I donít even mean the back burner like its on low heat keeping the food warm. I mean the back burner where you keep the pan you donít want to wash yet. It just wasnít getting any love. Being a Franchise guy this ticked me off. I became a modern day politician at EA letting everyone know that things needed to change. I finally got my chance and I have begun to run with it. Too many years have passed without the stuff we all loved about Franchise Mode. Being able to edit my players, draft new teams, and relocating to cities that donít really have business hosting an NFL team just to name a few. These were the staple features that guys like Looman, Cummings, and Frazier put into the game back in the day. And I loved them. I am the type of guy who enjoys creating a cupcake team and then working my trade magic to acquire a team of the future. I enjoy editing players; I enjoy trading away all of my draft picks; I enjoy simulating 30 years and not playing a single game. Some call this boring but I say these are the options that Franchise mode gave us before and has failed lately.
So what do I plan on doing about this? Well for starters we need all of the oldies back in the game. All of the classic features that allowed us to tweak the game to our liking need to make their way back into this title. Secondly, we need to give control back to the gamer. No offense, but if I am dropping 60 bucks on a game, let me do whatever I want to do to it. Thatís kind of my outlook on Franchise. Give control back to the gamer. After all, what you may like to do to your team may vary completely from what I want to do. If you give that control back to the gamer, then I donít have to worry if the community is going to like my features. I can ultimately put it back in your hands to enjoy. Anyways well I'm starting to rantÖbut over the next weeks I plan to share with you where Franchise stands and where we plan to go with it. Itís something that isnít going to happen overnight, but I am confident that with me at the helm we can bring this puppy back to life. I would love to get your feedback on what should be in the game. Well enough about thatÖIan stole all of my thunder with the shots of Edit Player and Fantasy Draft in his More Madden 08 News blog, so come back in the next coming weeks Iíll have to show off a goodie for everyone.

Does anyone know if Madden 08 on the Nintendo is gonna be like old Madden? Last year it was a mix of both with motion controls.

#58 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Realtime Weather!

From http://ps3.qj.net

Soon, players of Madden NFL do not have to quit their game to know what's happening in real-life football.

Thanks to a deal between ESPN, Electronic Arts Inc. and The Weather Channel, football console games are going to be infused with real-life events. Imagine this: If you're playing a Madden game in Pittsburgh Steeler's Heinz Field home stadium, it will be automatically set to rain if it's actually raining over there in that part of Pittsburgh. Or how about this one: if a player is currently suffering an injury, his video game counterpart will be incapacitated from playing as well.

Aaron LaBerge, senior vice president of technology and product development for ESPN better explains this new feature: "So if a guy in the real world twists his ankle, you can't use him in the game until he gets back." Hmm, interesting.

Of course, fans of sports games are exhilarated, knowing that this new functionality is also applied in actual player statistics, which means you don't have to stop playing just to check on how your favorite quarterback is doing. More importantly though, this move should somehow quiet the issue about manipulation or miscomputations of stats in video game sports.

This new feature will be included with Madden NFL '08, scheduled to be out this August for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 platforms. As for the moment, there are no specific news whether this will be implemented in other Electronic Arts sports games. As always, we will be keeping you updated, so stay tuned!

#59 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

Something like this realtime weather thing is actually something i've been wanting in the game for a while now. I think it's no doubt that i'm going to be buying the Playstation 3 sometime this year. Madden probably wont even be my first game. I think i'll be buying the PS3 in July or August, or maybe in September. MLB 07: The Show will probably be my first game, because I keep hearing good things about it.

I can't believe this is my first post in this years version of the Madden post. Took until page 3 to get me to post in here. I'm usually the info guy... lol

#60 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ May 30 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm usually the info guy... lol

I didn't know where ya were and there was a lot of new info coming out. If you find some juicy details be sure to post them for us.

• (33 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users