NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Moves I Would Make - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) I was raving about him all 2012
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:59 AM) Thanks for the fantasy win bum.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) you are welcome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) i'm happy with my performance i fielded a great team. rain in oakland screwed me a bit as did the pack vs the vikings
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) just not in the cards
santana Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) I enjoyed how you second guessed your self twice with murray and mckinnon
santana Icon : (Today, 12:06 PM) also fleener off the wire lulz
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) 70 degrees out going to go hit 18 holes and then catch mnf at the super dome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) I AM THE TABLE
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) ....frown face
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) You're ripping my decisions and you still lost.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) I do feel your pain though. Would of beaten everyone. Especially Mr Jet
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) And i liked your move to stop my defensive streaming and you picked up all shit defences
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) you are reading too much into the defenses. i'm not that smart. and they accumulated because i had bad waiver position so they never dropped on players i was trying to pick up.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:27 PM) I am ripping your decisions because they made me lol during the week
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) you scrambled to plug all your holes and I had my lineup set almost two weeks ago. its all good though odb and forte came through
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:31 PM) Lol you mean two good players played well? It wasn't an anomaly
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) yeah thats what i said
santana Icon : (Today, 01:33 PM) I blame cobb and the packers d also the rain in oakland. I think I already said this
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) I mean... you caught me on about the best possible time. So you can use whatever excuses
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) You have a nice team though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) My QB had 11 points and I had to use a backup RB. And still won.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) It'll be interesting to see how the season finishes. Alot of the top teams still play each other again
gmany3k Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) anyone is this going to be nationaly televised game ?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Moves I Would Make If I were the GM

#1 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Former Site Admin/Publisher
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

Sign Michael Turner (giving up our 1st rounder if SD puts a first-round tender on him )

Sign Asante Samuels, Tully Banta-Cain, Adalius Thomas, Terdell Sands & Leonard Davis

Draft Adam Carriker with our 2nd rounder if possible or trade up into the bottom of round 1 to grab him.

Use the rest of the draft to get more defensive help at DT and LB with other best available players taken in the right spots.

Now I know getting all of the free agents I listed will be extremely hard if not impossible, but I sure as hell would do my best.

Bonus... Trade Vilma for a good 1st round pick. beach.gif

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

Terdell Sands is too tall to be a NT...

What would we do with Banta-Cain and the 30 year old Adalius Thomas?...

I like the Leonard Davis signing however...

I would never give up a first rounder for Turner...

And trading Vilma is ridiculous...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 23 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sign Michael Turner (giving up our 1st rounder if SD puts a first-round tender on him )

Sign Asante Samuels, Tully Banta-Cain, Adalius Thomas, Terdell Sands & Leonard Davis

Draft Adam Carriker with our 2nd rounder if possible or trade up into the bottom of round 1 to grab him.

Use the rest of the draft to get more defensive help at DT and LB with other best available players taken in the right spots.

Now I know getting all of the free agents I listed will be extremely hard if not impossible, but I sure as hell would do my best.

Bonus... Trade Vilma for a good 1st round pick. beach.gif

1. i do not think micheal turner is worth a 1st round draft choice. even though it will be at #25, we should bring in our own players via the draft and coach them up in our system. i just feel like we would be getting ripped off because SD wouldn't be losing anything. whether or not turner is on their team next season does not really matter since they have LT. giving them a 1st rounder when james and alexander couldn't even get a 2nd rounder would be totally unfair to us. we should just draft micheal bush at #37 since he might be the steal of the draft when he turns out to be a TD machine.

2. we should sign samuel, since it would take him away from the pats and make our secondary very strong. it would give miller the few years he needs to develop into a better CB while dyson holds the fort down. however, who knows if the pats will let him walk. they let players walk when they were winning super bowls but maybe they react differently since they lost.

3. i do not know much about tully banta-cain, but he will be 27 next season and again, we should draft our own players and groom them. i've never heard of this guy before and he might have had a good season due to the patriots system.

4. we definitely should not pick up adalius thomas for reasons i have stated here. http://nyjetsfan.com...topic=16624&hl=
we are a young team and there is no reason to overpay for a player that does not fit the youth movement, will get way overpaid, all while his production declines.

5. terdell sands will be 28 and he doesn't even start for his own team. what makes you think he can come here and become a full time starter?? he also seems too lean at 6'7 335. he should be at least 350-360 if he was also really thick. just think, hes 5 inches taller than wilfork, but just 10 lbs heavier?? prob not a good option at NT, considering the best one in the league is hamption who is 6'1 320.. much like our current NT.

6. leonard davis might be a good instant upgrade at guard over moore. hes huge and is known for his run blocking skills. not sure how much he would cost because he was a super high pick some time ago, so he still might command a lot of money.

7. we should draft carriker with our first rounder, and then bush in the second. (both ways, the RB and DE positions are filled, though turner is not worth a 1st and carriker won't drop to the second round)

#4 User is offline   joeysjets Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:57 PM

I don't like giving up a 1st rounder for Michael Turner either...the guy has never started, I would much rather address the RB situation in the draft and its a deep one! I would like the Leonard Davis signing he is HUGE!
[color=#009900]J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

#5 User is offline   Harrier Jet Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

I would take turner for our second second rounder no higher.

If I were GM I would do the following.

Defensive Line:
We need a NT as a priority. D-Rob can move to Right side if needed but if trading him means we can pick up a big strong right end with pass rush potential I wouldn't be opposed.

Linebacker: We need another linebacker big versatile linebacker in the Vrabel of the Patriots Mould, someone who can line up anywhere. I would keep the 4 starters from this year to see if the aquired NT improves things.

Cornerback: Need a decent corner, no matter how well he plays if we are starting Hank Poteat something is wrong, Samuel should be a great pick up.

Safety: I have gone right off Coleman, I understand we constantly had to blitz Rhodes because of our poor QB pressure leaving him isolated but that's 2 years running I haven't been happy with him. I think Smith should be given a shot.

Offensive Line - Right Guard is priority to me, I'm happy with Clement if we have too many needs to address it.

WR - If we loose J-Mac, is Brad Smith ready, possibly. We need to find a lower round WR to cover this loss.

QB - veteran back up cause Ramsey will be gone.

TE - I'd like another one. However we do have the guy who's name I can't remember coming back.

RB/FB - Askew, Barlow and Houston can all go for me. There is a guy from Hawaii that is 5-9 and 240, I'd like someone like that to be our goal line battering ram, Leon can carry the load from until the red zone is reached.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

thats all an ok plan besides the vilma trade, will ppl stop talking about trading vilma, hes r best player and hes young so theirs like 99% chance hes only gonna get better, besides if we traded him it would bite us in the ass and we would all regret it and call the front office stupid and one of the worst trades in jet history
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#7 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

If Turner is the real deal worth our #1 pick, nobody would know that better than Schotty. If he said to do it, I wouldn't hesitate.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 23 2007, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Turner is the real deal worth our #1 pick, nobody would know that better than Schotty. If he said to do it, I wouldn't hesitate.

Brian Shottenheimer? The QB coach...I'm sure he's knows no more than your average scout about Turner. Except for maybe his jock size...

I will be pissed if we give up a first for Turner...a second rounder I could deal with....but I'd rather leave Turner alone...
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 23 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brian Shottenheimer? The QB coach...I'm sure he's knows no more than your average scout about Turner. Except for maybe his jock size...

I will be pissed if we give up a first for Turner...a second rounder I could deal with....but I'd rather leave Turner alone...

No you mean Brian Schottenheimer the same coach that got to see Turner up close and personal during his time in SD.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 23 2007, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No you mean Brian Schottenheimer the same coach that got to see Turner up close and personal during his time in SD.

Yeah he got to see him in practice...the general public can watch that...but he never worked with him. He may know if he's a good guy or hard worker. But he never ran drills with him...never sat in the film room and studied tape with him...never reviews photos of previous plays he ran in game with him...

Schottenheimer can't tell you much more than a scout can...except for maybe what he heard from the RB coaches...
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SignalZero Icon

• User
  • Icon
  • View blog
    NYJetsFan.com

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 23 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah he got to see him in practice...the general public can watch that...but he never worked with him. He may know if he's a good guy or hard worker. But he never ran drills with him...never sat in the film room and studied tape with him...never reviews photos of previous plays he ran in game with him...

Schottenheimer can't tell you much more than a scout can...except for maybe what he heard from the RB coaches...

Wrong answer sports fan....

You're going to try and tell me that Schott doesn't have more intel on Turner than your average scout? Dude, he not only got to see him close up every day but I'm sure he got the heads up on what the other coaches thought of him as well, from the RB coach right on up to his Dad.

#12 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 24 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're going to try and tell me that Schott doesn't have more intel on Turner than your average scout? Dude, he not only got to see him close up every day but I'm sure he got the heads up on what the other coaches thought of him as well, from the RB coach right on up to his Dad.

I agree. Schott has got to know more then some scout. The guy practiced with him and watched him play for 2-3 years and if Schott says pull the trigger I'm with him.

#13 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (SignalZero @ Jan 24 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that is exactly my point...he only knows what other people tell him. He has no first hand experience and never coached him directly. That isn't that much different than asking a scout...yes...he can talk to the other coaches...but that is other people's opinion...I wouldn't make a big GM decision based on what another team's coaches tell me about a guy...
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users