NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tony Dungy Thinks Michael Vick(notes) Will Be Back In The Nfl This Season, - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Today, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tony Dungy Thinks Michael Vick(notes) Will Be Back In The Nfl This Season, maybe even this week.

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Dungy: Vick’s NFL choices will be limited

By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer 4 hours, 44 minutes ago

Buzz up! 34 votes
Print

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—Tony Dungy thinks Michael Vick(notes) will be back in the NFL this season, maybe even this week.

He’s still not saying where the 29-year-old free agent quarterback will land — or how many are interested.

In a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Wednesday, Dungy said Vick will be working from a small list of teams because many do not want to risk a potential backlash from fans.

“It’s a complex issue,” the former Indianapolis Colts coach said from his home in Tampa, Fla. “You have to get past the possible reaction of fans, and it has to be a team that has an opening and has (salary) cap room. I think Indianapolis would be a great place for him to develop as a person, but he’s not a fit with that offense. It’s going to be a lot like that.”
ADVERTISEMENT

Dungy has been involved with prison ministries for years and now serves as Vick’s personal mentor.

Vick was the No. 1 draft pick in 2001, and once the highest-paid player in football. But he has not played since 2006 when his career came tumbling down. He was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting operation, sentenced to 23 months in federal prison and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

But after serving his time and being released from home confinement July 20, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick’s suspension—allowing him to sign with a team.

So far there have been no takers, but that could be changing.

“We’re very optimistic and it’s a matter of when, not if,” said Joel Segal, Vick’s agent. “Michael is very excited about that.”

Segal said there was no timetable for a decision. In the meantime, Vick is attempting to revive his image with a series of appearances.

He flew to Chicago for a Wednesday event hosted by the Humane Society of the United States. Vick also spoke to a small crowd Saturday near Atlanta, explaining to attendees that what he did was wrong.

On Tuesday, Vick spoke to basketball campers at Hampton University in Virginia, the city where he now lives, telling the children to use his story as an example of why they need to make better decisions.

Dungy, who retired in January as the winningest coach in Colts history and left Tampa Bay with the same title after the 2001 season, has counseled Vick throughout the process. He met with him in prison and has been in regular contact with Vick since Goodell’s decision.

And Dungy is convinced that Vick will continue making these appearances even if he returns to the NFL.

“What we’ve talked about is how you balance this when you do get back to playing,” Dungy said. “I said, ‘You’ve got to carve out time for what’s important.’ I think he’ll do that. I think he feels like his decisions let some of his fans down and he wants to make that right.”

Where will Vick go?

Segal declined to say which teams are interested.

Dungy wouldn’t divulge which coaches he’s spoken with, only that his contact list is longer than the six NFL teams that have not publicly ruled out signing Vick.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people and a bunch of coaches who have said ‘If it was up to me, we’d pursue it,’ ” Dungy said. “But this organization can’t pursue it. That’s how it’s going to be.”

Dungy is also promoting a movie intended to help high school coaches, athletes and their families cope with the pressures of sports and life. Topics include weight training, supplements, drug and alcohol abuse, decision-making on and off the field and how to deal with recruiting.

Though Dungy isn’t giving any hints about where Vick will go, Dungy believes the former Atlanta Falcon will be with a new team before the movie’s release date, Aug. 25.

“He’s talked to a lot of people, and I don’t know why I say this, but I think something will happen this week,” Dungy said. “All you need is that one team. That is our prayer—that he finds that one team and that he finds the best opportunity to make it work.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users