NYJetsFan.com Forums: Watch Dewayne Robertson Next Game - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Watch Dewayne Robertson Next Game Derob backers do not understand the game

#1 User is offline   richkotite2006 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

A nose tackle's job to to stop the run. 36 tackles in 11 games is a joke! All you De-rob backers must understand.... Have any of you guys watched him play.... I am not talking the entire defense and what happens after the play, but just him alone. He stands right up and gets no penetration. He has not been double teamed because he is too weak to drive a single player into the backfield.

He has been getting driven into the linebackers. Double teams are you kidding me? He cannot even hold his ground to stuff the run. Usually you'll see him standing around the person who make the tackle after being pushed there by the center. Watch him next game!

This is our #1 pick of which we gave up 2 #1's for? He should dominate for this reason alone. My grandmother could play better defensive line and she is dead! You guys are waiting for this piece of crap to finally do something. 1 big game this year. How many years have we've been terrible against the run 5-6?

#2 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

#1 - D-Rob isn't the nose, James Reed is.

#2 - Nose Tackles aren't supposed to get alot of tackles. They're supposed to line up across from center and basically dance with him while other guys do important things.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Further more, defensive linemen are NOT supposed to rack up tackles, they are more there to plug holes, rush the passer and eat blocks so the linebackers can make a play.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Other than that, I think you're right. He certainly hasn't played like he's the #4 pick in the draft and he definately wasn't worth all that money that we forked over.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Vilma#51 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (richkotite2006 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:20 PM)
This is our #1 pick of which we gave up 2 #1's for?  He should dominate for this reason alone.  My grandmother could play better defensive line and she is dead!  You guys are waiting for this piece of crap to finally do something.  1 big game this year.  How many years have we've been terrible against the run 5-6?

dam how big was your granny?

hysterical.gif
<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/Jedi+Master1121.swf" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

#6 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (richkotite2006 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:20 PM)
A nose tackle's job to to stop the run.  36 tackles in 11 games is a joke! All you De-rob backers must understand.... Have any of you guys watched him play.... I am not talking the entire defense and what happens after the play, but just him alone.  He stands right up and gets no penetration.  He has not been double teamed because he is too weak to drive a single player into the backfield.

He has been getting driven into the linebackers.  Double teams are you kidding me?  He cannot even hold his ground to stuff the run. Usually you'll see him standing around the person who make the tackle after being pushed there by the center.  Watch him next game! 

This is our #1 pick of which we gave up 2 #1's for?  He should dominate for this reason alone.  My grandmother could play better defensive line and she is dead!  You guys are waiting for this piece of crap to finally do something.  1 big game this year.  How many years have we've been terrible against the run 5-6?

last year we were the 5th best team against the run with a real nose tackle, now with a guy that's 5'11 280 at the nose we've been terrible. Next years 2 priorty, get a real NT

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

I think your the one that doesn't know to much buddy.

DT's are not supposed to get alot of tackles just like jetsohfive said.

To make a great D.T you need a big N.T to take on double teams.

Take it from jetsohfive the guy played Olineman. He knows his shit.

I think it's time to go back to football 101. Learn the basic mechanics.
biggrin.gif

#8 User is offline   Maynard13 Icon

• 2005 Best Signature
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

Wait............does the punter try for field goals?......or..mno wait, the OT does...thats right

#9 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

I think we found the biggest idiot on this site, congrats on winnign that award mr. Rich Kotite. You have proved post after post, that you are simply an idiot. Since when does Defensive Lineman get a lot of tackles. Most of their tackles, are tackles for a loss, or Sacks. The most of the tackles of course go to the linebackers.

#10 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:34 PM

well i guess last year when he dominated for 18 games he didn't have the strength to push back blockers either? yeah right. you guys are so funny. how the hell does D-rob have the strength to dominate last year and this year he can't push anyone back? it must be his age right. he's nearing the 30 mark(sarcasm). whateva. D-rob is a good player. he needs other people around him but he's still a good player.

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (triple3s @ Nov 29 2005, 11:09 PM)
well i guess last year when he dominated for 18 games he didn't have the strength to push back blockers either? yeah right. you guys are so funny. how the hell does D-rob have the strength to dominate last year and this year he can't push anyone back? it must be his age right. he's nearing the 30 mark(sarcasm). whateva. D-rob is a good player. he needs other people around him but he's still a good player.

Yea but we don't know what were talking about. <sarcasum> help.gif

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

Once again, just look at the ass clown's nick name, and you'll know dip shit over here is just trying to start shit. Whatever will piss people off he'll write. And once more, don't give him the satisfaction, ignore butt pirate, please!

PS - sdubb, make sure to put "League Leading 120 Tackles and League Leading 84 solo" in your sig...just makes it all the better!
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Nov 29 2005, 11:14 PM)
Once again, just look at the ass clown's nick name, and you'll know dip shit over here is just trying to start shit.  Whatever will piss people off he'll write.  And once more, don't give him the satisfaction, ignore butt pirate, please!
PS - sdubb, make sure to put "League Leading 120 Tackles and League Leading 84 solo" in your sig...just makes it all the better!

Eye, Eye captin, good call. good.gif

#14 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:14 AM)
Once again, just look at the ass clown's nick name, and you'll know dip shit over here is just trying to start shit.  Whatever will piss people off he'll write.  And once more, don't give him the satisfaction, ignore butt pirate, please!

Did you just call him a butt pirate?

lol

Sounds like something Beavis & Butthead would say... lol

#15 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:16 AM

Shaun Rogers 22 tackles, less than d-rob are you going to question his ability to play tackle?

i never thought that tackles were important for a big DT, just pressure, collapsing the pocket anf filling gaps and forcing running backs to change their direction

#16 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (predator94 @ Nov 30 2005, 05:51 AM)
Shaun Rogers    22 tackles, less than d-rob are you going to question his ability to play tackle? 

i never thought that tackles were important for a big DT, just pressure, collapsing the pocket anf filling gaps and forcing running backs to change their direction

Bingo on that last one. That's what lets you know whether or not a defensive lineman is doing his job against the run.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:01 AM

If we sign a big nose tackle this offseason then we should be back up near top for run D.
Another big guy to go alongside DRob and that will open more space for our Linebackers and also would allow us to get more sacks as there will be more to handle with another 315+ lb guy, allowing Ellis,DRob or Abe to get a sack.
I think the past two years D Rob has played well and was a reason why our run D improved so much last year. This year against Tampa he was great and he has played well in other games too

#18 User is offline   richkotite2006 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:35 AM

You guys have it all figured out. A bunch on New York geniouses! Keep supporting this pile of dung. I'm sure he'll continue to disappoint for years to come.

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:38 AM

I would love to read your point of view about the situation and if you do please do not repeat your ladder comments becasue thats not how it works but i would love to hear it.

#20 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (triple3s @ Nov 29 2005, 11:09 PM)

"good player" That is the key, when you away two number one picks to acquire this guy, he should be GREAT by this time, not good.

Furthermore, it was the JETS that were telling us how GREAT he was last year, and how he should be considered for the pro bowl. Just another way to justify Bradway's poor drafting. And that is not to say he is not a good player with potential; because he is. I think the Jets have exaggerated his play so far.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users