NYJetsFan.com Forums: Pet Peeves? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 July 2014 - 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 July 2014 - 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:56 PM) only 39 days 20 hours and 3 min to go till the JETS kick off the season on Sept 7th at 1pm against the Oakland Raiders
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 03:59 PM) Amaro practiced today in full pads
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:21 PM) 42 Days 39 min till Sons Of Anarchy FINAL SEASON starts
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:42 PM) Amaro has a lingering sore tendon
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:43 PM) I've read that hes been up and down so far
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Dexter McDougle has been looking really good
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:44 PM) Oday Aboushi might end up starting on the OL, hes been doing good at LG
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 July 2014 - 11:41 PM) VICK=$$$$$$
santana Icon : (30 July 2014 - 09:24 AM) Everyone knows that Vick = $$
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) I do it all
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM) North to south east to the west
JSOTF Icon : (Yesterday, 03:50 AM) Greetings from Germany!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) now that was a busy MLB trade day
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) some WS level moves too
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) Price to DET, Lester to OAK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Dubbs is going to be watching a lot of Fox Sports this season
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:11 PM) Brady Quinn going to be a college/NFL analyst
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) I didnt realize quinn was already out of the nfl
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:22 PM) Scooped up that new dortmund jersey
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) http://i.imgur.com/NkpSryy.jpg
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) Dope.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:23 PM) Brady Quinn has always looked like a plastic TV talking head jock anyway.
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pet Peeves? what are some of yours?

#41 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:poker, rapping, football,baseball,basketball,video games

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

i actually completely dissaggre with pennington pays, dont think im starting any thing im not, im just stating my opinion:

i 100% dissaggree with u, as some1 said, what if its their native language and they cant speak much english. i mean if u moved to another country and didnt speak that language well u would speak english to some1 who could to. i actually am annoyed by ppl who make statements like that(and thats y i said im not trying to start anything im just saying), because the girl i like is in this situation, she cant speak much english so she speaks to her brother in spanish, because its easier for her. i mean if ur in another country that ur new to and cant speak that language well, u would rather speak ur native language, becuase u would have to think more to speak the other language(as in think of how to say a certain word, how to put together the words, etc.) i aggree taht it is rude in that one situation mentioned that if ur talkin to some1 in one language then they talk to their friend in another that u dont understand.

however i completey disaggree as ive said in this post several times that ppl shouldnt speak other languages in america. and i believe even when they can speak english well its ok for them to speak other languages, if its to keep their conversation private or also it still would be more comfortable for them because they had been speaking their native language all their life up until they moved to america
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal
" Winning isn't everything; its the only thing"

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#42 User is offline   #73jetsfan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Music Art, and Sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:16 PM

My pet peeves are:

1. Liars
2.Hate -related crimes-because of one's race, religion,or otherwise!
3.people who "cheat " the system by not working,when they CAN work!
4.left and Right wing politics!
5 Chils abuse-of ANY kind !
6.Lazy people
7.Smokers-Why would you smoke ,knowing what it does to the body?
8.Agressive drivers,who take chances,and putting innocent people in danger!
9.terrorists!

and #10- When the New England Patriots walk on to the feild. icon_idea.gif
" Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation, as Limitation" - Bruce Lee

"You must show no mercy nor have any belief
whatsoever in how others judge you ,
For your greatness will silence them all !"
-Warrior

#43 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 27 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i actually completely dissaggre with pennington pays, dont think im starting any thing im not, im just stating my opinion:

i 100% dissaggree with u, as some1 said, what if its their native language and they cant speak much english. i mean if u moved to another country and didnt speak that language well u would speak english to some1 who could to. i actually am annoyed by ppl who make statements like that(and thats y i said im not trying to start anything im just saying), because the girl i like is in this situation, she cant speak much english so she speaks to her brother in spanish, because its easier for her. i mean if ur in another country that ur new to and cant speak that language well, u would rather speak ur native language, becuase u would have to think more to speak the other language(as in think of how to say a certain word, how to put together the words, etc.) i aggree taht it is rude in that one situation mentioned that if ur talkin to some1 in one language then they talk to their friend in another that u dont understand.

however i completey disaggree as ive said in this post several times that ppl shouldnt speak other languages in america. and i believe even when they can speak english well its ok for them to speak other languages, if its to keep their conversation private or also it still would be more comfortable for them because they had been speaking their native language all their life up until they moved to america

I don't find it rude at all if someone talks another language to somebody else because that other person may not understand English so it makes it easier for them to communicate. Of course you are interested in what they are saying but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because it's probably nothing to do with me.
If your living in another country you should learn the native language or if you're on vacation there then what you should do is get a little phrase book and use that. Whenever I go to another country in Europe I always think I'm being rude if I talk to someone in English as it is making the other person work harder.
America is probably the most multi-cultural place on Earth so it's fine if people speak other languages there as it makes the place more varied. If everyone on Earth spoke English IMO it would be pretty boring. Learning a language can be a lot of fun.

#44 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Strolling on shady streets, you know the usual

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

Pet Peeves

Having to pull out

View Postganggreen_ewok, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

"And once again, the meow became a roar"

Posted Image

#45 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 27 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't find it rude at all if someone talks another language to somebody else because that other person may not understand English so it makes it easier for them to communicate. Of course you are interested in what they are saying but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because it's probably nothing to do with me.
If your living in another country you should learn the native language or if you're on vacation there then what you should do is get a little phrase book and use that. Whenever I go to another country in Europe I always think I'm being rude if I talk to someone in English as it is making the other person work harder.
America is probably the most multi-cultural place on Earth so it's fine if people speak other languages there as it makes the place more varied. If everyone on Earth spoke English IMO it would be pretty boring. Learning a language can be a lot of fun.

heres where it can get confusing: it depends on the situation IMO if their talkin to each other in a different language. the situation that was mentioned in this topic i felt was rude because it seemed like it was about the person, however many times the girl i like has talked to her brother in spanish, and i havent found it rude because it seems they r not talking about me and when they r i can tell what they say, and its never been bad things anyways
"They think we spellin iverson when the beef all done cuz you be on I-Vs in the E-R son"- 40 Cal

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#46 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

They probably are talking about you, haven't you ever watched Scrubs

Posted Image

#47 User is offline   #73jetsfan Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Music Art, and Sports

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 27 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pet Peeves

Having to pull out

Thats when you take aim for the tattoo above the girls ass crack ! crazy.gif
" Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation, as Limitation" - Bruce Lee

"You must show no mercy nor have any belief
whatsoever in how others judge you ,
For your greatness will silence them all !"
-Warrior

#48 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (ganggreen_ewok @ Jan 27 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They probably are talking about you, haven't you ever watched Scrubs

i have watched some of scrubs yet dont knwo what ur talking about and i know when their talking about me and when their not cause i know some spanish and also i can tell by how they say it what they do when they say it.

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#49 User is offline   ganggreen_ewok Icon

• 06 M. I. P. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (#73jetsfan @ Jan 27 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats when you take aim for the tattoo above the girls ass crack ! crazy.gif

I meant in the bad way, that to me would not be bad hey-o!

Posted Image

#50 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a problem with people speaking a different language to someone they know already. But if you want to live in the United States, and you cant speak English, thats your problem...not ours. Either learn the language or don't bother living here because we have enough problems than to cater to you and make shit easier.
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 27 2007, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't have a problem with people speaking a different language to someone they know already. But if you want to live in the United States, and you cant speak English, thats your problem...not ours. Either learn the language or don't bother living here because we have enough problems than to cater to you and make shit easier.

heres the thing, at least from what i know of that it seems from my experiences: most do know english however they speak to their family members and ppl like that in their native language cause its easier. and those who dont know it, i cant say much about cause the ones i know that dont know it( the girl i like and her brother along with others who have come from other countries in the past) r learning it and trying to learn it

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#52 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (JetsMan4012 @ Jan 28 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heres the thing, at least from what i know of that it seems from my experiences: most do know english however they speak to their family members and ppl like that in their native language cause its easier. and those who dont know it, i cant say much about cause the ones i know that dont know it( the girl i like and her brother along with others who have come from other countries in the past) r learning it and trying to learn it

I get that...as long as theyre trying to learn it, thats fine. And talking to their families in that language is also fine because they're more comfortable with that. But the fact that some people coming here dont want to adjust and are trying to change our way of life just to appease them is ridiculous (like the thing with mexican immigrants trying to get Spanish signs put up **i heard that on the news one day so its not hearsay**). If you cant adjust to our culture...go back to yours. All im saying.
Posted Image

#53 User is offline   JetsMan4012 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 28 2007, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get that...as long as theyre trying to learn it, thats fine. And talking to their families in that language is also fine because they're more comfortable with that. But the fact that some people coming here dont want to adjust and are trying to change our way of life just to appease them is ridiculous (like the thing with mexican immigrants trying to get Spanish signs put up **i heard that on the news one day so its not hearsay**). If you cant adjust to our culture...go back to yours. All im saying.

ok i was not aware of that, and i agree cause their reaking(however u spell it) the benefits of america and being a burden to us making us speak to them in spanish, i phrased that bad but idk how to phrase it good. what im saying really is im just aggreeing about the mexican immigrants and all that

RIP Uncle Bob 5/12/06

#54 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (JetsOhFive @ Jan 28 2007, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have the same problem over here in England but it's more to do with political reasons. There a high percentage of Muslim immigrants in Britain and all a lot of them do is complain about the government's foreign policy and stuff. Most are over here because the social security system is one of the best in the world and they don't have to be employed to earn but then they come over and start complaining. My attitude is if you dont like it bugger off because the government has rolled out the red carpet and allowed them to live here and they then go and abuse that privilege.

#55 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 28 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have the same problem over here in England but it's more to do with political reasons. There a high percentage of Muslim immigrants in Britain and all a lot of them do is complain about the government's foreign policy and stuff. Most are over here because the social security system is one of the best in the world and they don't have to be employed to earn but then they come over and start complaining. My attitude is if you dont like it bugger off because the government has rolled out the red carpet and allowed them to live here and they then go and abuse that privilege.

Bingo.
Posted Image

#56 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:18 PM

Bumping this gotdammit! If you go to a college or do something else where your ID card doubles as a key you can understand where I'm coming from. I hate when I'm standing at the door with someone else, and they wait for you to take out your ID card and they don't even make an attempt to take out theirs. I know it doesn't seem like shit, but you'd have to go to school here to understand blowup.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (HarlemHxC814 @ Oct 2 2007, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bumping this gotdammit! If you go to a college or do something else where your ID card doubles as a key you can understand where I'm coming from. I hate when I'm standing at the door with someone else, and they wait for you to take out your ID card and they don't even make an attempt to take out theirs. I know it doesn't seem like shit, but you'd have to go to school here to understand blowup.gif

ur school needs the keycards where u just press it up against it. that way you can just press ur wallet/ass against it and badow.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#58 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:11 PM

i hate it when fuckin old people come into my work
ColesReturns87

#59 User is offline   ozjet51 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

what i really really hate is when around christmas/easter time, we always have examples of towns not putting up decorations to celebrate the occasion, in fear that it might offend other races. We had one the other year where kids around 5-8 years old werent allowed to sing christmas carols because iut may have offended muslims. I dont have a problem with other races, and why would i?, but dont try to change our way of life, its mainly a christian country, has been for a long time. We wont force you to change your ways if your over here, so dont change ours....

#60 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

DUDE I KNOW OZJET! that pisses me off, no more merry christmas! its always happy holiday wtf is that its unamerican that what
ColesReturns87

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users