NYJetsFan.com Forums: Madden Rant - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 November 2014 - 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (19 November 2014 - 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 November 2014 - 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Madden Rant

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:29 AM

Ok....so i think i am really starting to hate 08'. The game play is supposed to be realistic i guess...but maybe its me but every game i play no one rushes for over 40-50 yards unless the running back makes a crazy ass play and dodges 6 tacklers. and most people i play just abandon the run game all together after the 1st quarter... in 07 i took great pride in the game with my ability to run the ball but in this game is is nearly impossible to rush effectivly. i mean i had nearly 300 games and was averaging about a buck 35...but in 08' you cant run to the outside unless you do a sweep and if it dosent happen to work on that given play u lose 5 yards. cant run through the middle...well because it just dosent work. counters do not work and it drives me crazy...stopping the run is to damn easy.

Now as far as madden has always gone for me i have never been an amazing passer but i was effective enough...But in 08' unless your guy is wide open it seems that a corner (and even a shitty one at that) will jump a route every freaking time. And also i played with teams with good lines to teams with decent lines and no matter the cause....the d-linemen get through every god damn time....

granted ive played about 25 games so far and i probably have won about 18 of them but i cant blow anyone out. When i win the score is 14-3, 16-10 and etc....I mean its obvious some people have really grasped the passing game...but i just dont understand why im so bad at it...last years game i never had to throw more than 15 times...and my completion % was high...and running wasnt easy but if you knew how to run like i could...you could control the game.

and red zone scoring seems to be nearly impossible...ive never kicked as many feild goals in any other previous maddens than i have in 08....ive won games by kicking only feild goals...

i know that as time goes on ill probably figure things out....i mean last years madden when i first started playing the only problem i had was i thought it was impossible to stop the run. and as i played i figured it out...but in this years the biggest problem i have is the running...i just dont see myself improving...and i cant see myself ever playing anyone who will be able to run the ball effectivly...

anyone else not liking this game all that much? (although i will still play this game until 09' comes out as i did with 07')

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#2 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:38 AM

what difficulty you play on
cause if its anything less then all madden then im sorry you just arent good and if it is then turn it down

IPB Image

#3 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:47 AM

I have no problem running the ball at all. I mean I'm only averaging 4-5 a run with the occasional squirt for 10 up the gut. You can't expect to get a 15-20 yrd run every play which I like. maybe your just playing some blitz heavy opponents or your getting to old and the reaction time is out the window. I actually find the passing game a lot harder this year as it appears they finally stepped up the AI coverage. A lot motre Ints against and for my D as they don't just swat every ball down.

#4 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:04 AM

I had a 6 interception game with Pennington last night. I'm not liking the "realism" EA is trying to incorporate. I'm talking fumble after fumble, INT after INT. My CPU controlled defense plays lazily. Ronnie Brown ran a sweep on me for like 8 or 9 yards. Erik Coleman is just lingering 15 yards up and takes forever to run up and try and make the play.

Blitzes have worked fairly well for me. The CPU QB, however, manages to throw passes off his backfoot more often than me though. Accurate ones at that.

Running isn't as difficult for me. I've managed to let go of my dependency on the highlight stick. Thomas Jones does manage to break a few. I've had a couple 100 yard games.. a 200 yard game once.

I do appreciate the closer score games in the end. But I'd prefer more swatted balls than INTs.

#5 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

what difficulty you play on
cause if its anything less then all madden then im sorry you just arent good and if it is then turn it down

I do not normally waste my time playing the computer at all...no franchises no "play now" games...i play madden for the online play and i have been playing madden for YEARS. id say im pretty decent and as far as playing freinds and what not...i do not lose to them. online is a different story...and after i got my xbox fixed last year i was winning 2/3's of my games...now I agree about the fumbles as well...I played last night which actually caused me to write that little rant and i had at least 3 or 4 fumbles (all after gaining a first down)....losing 2 or 3 of them...and after i make catches i do not spin or use the highlight stick...i take what i can get and that is that...but my recievers continue to fumble anyways....ive been using the bengals because of this little madden leauge we have here and rudi is always good for one or 2 fumbles as well....last years madden i almost never ever turned the ball over....and when i did it was a fumble or someone who made a great user pick...this year the majority of my games i have at least 3...the ints are a little crazy....i have to admit....because i so rarley threw a bad ball i was all about the ints for this season...but the game is only played with 5 min quarters and ive realized that although alot of the swatted balls were frusturating....it made the game better. now bum corners jump routes like they are champ baily. my games are close...but i have yet to have a game where the score is 35-31 or even higher....it just seems that offense is just a little difficult....like i said earlier...aside from 2 or 3 games...the scores to my games are 13-10, 10-3 and etc...

im just happy i picked up how to play defense right away or i might truely hate this game lol...

17 POINTS!

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

Wow, you cant compare this game to last years game. Last years game was the worst ever. All you had to do was throw the ball downfield and its a catch every time. This year the CBs can actually cover. Now you expecting to break big runs every time is stupid, thats football running the ball for 3 to 4 yards a carry and also losing yards on a run. Most of the people that play madden are geeks and fags so they expect to break a big run out every time so when they dont they abandon it and start passing, because they dont care about the realistic aspect of the game they just want arcady big plays and gamer points. I think its difficult to run for 100 yards online unless you break a big one because its only like 4 to 5 min quarters. A real football game is 15 min quarters, so thats why its harder to run because the game isnt as long.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:14 PM

Ok. First off last year the run game was WAY to easy. People were running out of the goaline set last year for all 4 quarters. It was horrible and 08 aien't perfect but why can't you have a vertical passing game using the Bengals? You passing game must really weak.

These are my tips-

For versing an online opponent

- If your getting blitzed hard up the middle (nano blitzing). Run your scheme out of the shotgun
- If your getting nano'd and facing bump and run coverage, come out in shotgun plays with drag routes (I suggest the RUN N GUN playbook)
- If you want to run the ball and your facing a nano blitzer whos blitzing hard up the middle call pitches and sweeps
- If you feel you must pass from under center when being nano'd, P.A bootleg,Waggles and rollouts seem to nullify the blitz.
- If you want to counter heavy blitzers call screen passes, IE: WR screens( Note: do not throw the screen pass against a lockdown corner especially in man coverage) The WR screen works best when facing zone. Screen plays will eat the blitz pressure for breakfast. Hit up practice mode. Thatswhere I do all my cooking. : )

Peace!

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

You want help with madden go here ----> http://www.vgsportsi...orums/index.php

#9 User is offline   kobeskool Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Aug 22 2007, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok. First off last year the run game was WAY to easy. People were running out of the goaline set last year for all 4 quarters. It was horrible and 08 aien't perfect but why can't you have a vertical passing game using the Bengals? You passing game must really weak.

These are my tips-

For versing an online opponent
- If your getting blitzed hard up the middle (nano blitzing). Run your scheme out of the shotgun
- If your getting nano'd and facing bump and run coverage, come out in shotgun plays with drag routes (I suggest the RUN N GUN playbook)
- If you want to run the ball and your facing a nano blitzer whos blitzing hard up the middle call pitches and sweeps
- If you feel you must pass from under center when being nano'd, P.A bootleg,Waggles and rollouts seem to nullify the blitz.
- If you want to counter heavy blitzers call screen passes, IE: WR screens( Note: do not throw the screen pass against a lockdown corner especially in man coverage) The WR screen works best when facing zone. Screen plays will eat the blitz pressure for breakfast. Hit up practice mode. Thatswhere I do all my cooking. : )

Peace!

Thats exactly want i been doing since the game been out. I only use the Jets when I play and i run a shotgun formation the whole time using the Jets playbook to (if they blitz) and im not throwin alot of interceptions or fumbles. You just gotta do short and quick routes when you play and gain 4-10 yards at a time.

#10 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

Yea unfortunatly...ive been using the west coast playbook for the last 4 editions of madden...which dosent have a shotgun...i never really thought about it but maybe its just time to try a new playbook. and as far as running game last season...it was impossible to run on me and i never ran out of goal line.. and ive never been a homerun hitter in madden...all my drives took clock and consisted of a number of plays....but yea running 3 and 4 yards would be fine....but it just dosent seem to work. And my favorite running play...which was a double te set with 1 reciver counter is a dead play. and running up the middle in general is not very effective. it WILL not work... running wouldnt be a problem with me if i was able to pick 3 and 4 yards up at a time....i either gain 1 yard or i lose 3....i guess if others are able to run...it must be me and ill have to work on it...ill try some of the info offered here...ill figure it out lol...

the last game i played i notcied that play-actions actually work (last year they didnt work all that great so i rarely used them)....ill get used to it...but i guess ill have to screw around and find a new playbook...new style game will have to make me play a new style...thanks for the info guys

oh yea and for the record...yes my passing game is weak which is why im bitching lol...ill have it figured out in a couple days...

17 POINTS!

#11 User is offline   XvNukemHighvX Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Aug 23 2007, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a 6 interception game with Pennington last night. I'm not liking the "realism" EA is trying to incorporate. I'm talking fumble after fumble, INT after INT. My CPU controlled defense plays lazily. Ronnie Brown ran a sweep on me for like 8 or 9 yards. Erik Coleman is just lingering 15 yards up and takes forever to run up and try and make the play.

Gotta use your throw away and tuck ball functions. I rarely throw picks and have only fuumbled twice in six games. Honestly now that I think about it the only time I ahve thrown picks is when I try and force a pass to avoid a sack.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

i've played about 5 games (2 with the jets in franchise mode) and 3 games against my friend (using rams, bengals, and eagles)

the 1st game i played i really didn't like it , it was with the jets in franchise mode i got spanked like 61 to 14. i didn't even know the buttons (i thought A was speed burst still lol) dind't know u can use the vision cone. etc. the run game was horrible and unrealistic and the pass game seemed slower then it should be. anyway since its the only NFL game and i payed 60 bucks for it i was determined to keep trying the game. anyway i read teh book so i would know the buttons and haven't lost a game yet. i shut my friend out 2 games in a row (and won all 3) and rackd up scores of 21 34 and 49 points 9a little more realistic then the 80 points i used to rack up in madden) i thought there were alot of imrpovmenets and disappointments in the game.
improvements
1 the DBs seem smarter and more realistic. they play the ball and knock it down, they don't jump 80 feet in the air and break up a pass that no way they should be able too and they also don't sit around and watch the ball go over there head
2 the RBs don't get stuck on lineman anymore. instead there are smooth animations as teh squeeze through
3 the pass agme is tougher but still fun and more realistic then previous years

disappoinments
1 ball physics. still badly messed up. i threw a pick one game cause i thrw the ball and the defnese tipped it, then it bounced up and got "stuck" on a defenders back and a defender behind him (after about 2 or 3 seconds) scooped the ball up off his teamtaes back. the ball should have dropped to the ground for an incompletion
2 kicking game. it seems every kicker kicks TBs every kick off, also i had an accurate kicker for a 46 yard FG and hit it with full power and perfect accuracy and thouugh i nailed it, but then the ball hooked to the left last minute. i was pissed. huge inconsistincies if my kicker kicks it 8 yards deep in the end zone on a KO but can't hit a 46 yarder?
3 run game - is horrible. i wen't over 100 yards in 1 game out of my 5 games. and the time i did was cause i busted a 60 yard run on 1 play. my other 40 yards were on like 20 rushes. the numbers looked good (21 carries 100+ yards) but really it wasn't. usually i'm averaging 3 YPC. its liek either u get blown up in the backfield , caught by lineman on sweeps, or bust a big play. i don't get it. its more realitic then last years madden where i rand for 500 yards in 1 game with chris brown on 42 carries but i mean come on, are u serious?

anyway i'll post a full fledged review after i log more time with the game. i urge everyone here to do the same
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Ty Shoes Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:A downstate AFC football team.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:47 AM

I've started a Hall of Fame career game.

Good news, the coaches are quite pleased with my performace.
Bad news, Nugent can't kick field goals over 40 yards!
Keep the NY in NY Jets

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users