NYJetsFan.com Forums: * Official senior bowl discussion * - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

* Official senior bowl discussion * ---------------------------------------------

#21 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:01 AM

Are you guys watching Carriker? This guy is blowing guys the fvck up. He's really impressive. He's in the backfield on every play. He's making guys look like babies out there. He's really getting it done!

#22 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 25 2007, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your not really going to find any guys who can do that immediately in this draft.......at least where we pick..............also on alot of mocks i see mccauley going to us in the 1st I've always hated that

iagree.gif But if McAuley falls then it may not be a bad idea to look at him at the end of the 2nd as a possible future replacement for Dyson perhaps.

If we're going to bolster the secondary it should be done in FA if we want an immediate contributor.

#23 User is offline   green_blood Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

apparently victor abiamari has been having a good senior bowl thinking from my memory of reading scott wright's blog. tony hunt is just like cedric, north-south and a lack of running ability to the outside. ill pass. but apparently the jets are looking at anthony spencer who has good speed at 4.7, undersized but could be a good bargain as a linebacker. also the jets looked at levi brown as a possible right tackle, but i dont like the reports ive read, ill pass again.

#24 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:27 PM

after watching the senior bowl, it should be clear to everyone that we must try to draft adam carriker at #25. now the question is whether or not he will be there. he is a perfect fit as a 3-4 DE and there are not many 3-4 teams that are looking for a DE. the only two that i can think of are the browns and steelers, but the browns would draft branch and the steelers might be changing to a 4-3 defense with the new coach. carriker might not have the speed to rush the edge in a 4-3 scheme and might not have the pure bulk to play DT so i am not sure how high he will be considered for team using the 4-3 scheme. i also like the idea of drafting anthony spencer. he has shown power and edge rushing speed against levi brown in the senior bowl. he would fit very nicely as a 3-4 OLB. the question then becomes do we use our first or second rounder on a RB. will bush be there at #57?? can we get turner for our second?? if we cannot, we might need to roll the dice and draft either bush at #37 or trade #37 for turner, and hope that spencer/abiamiri fall to #57. now if carriker is not there at #25, then we might draft jarvis moss, or quentin moses if he falls. i wouldn't be opposed to that since they will be premium pass rushing OLBs. then we can always draft baraka atkins with #57 and get micheal bush at #37. i trust our FO will do what is best for our team, which is stay with the youth movement, improve via the draft, and coach our own players up.

#25 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

I always miss the north pratice wen is it on i only catch the south.

#26 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

i am so happy they're looking at Anthony Spencer, the guy is going to be a monster 3-4 OLB

#27 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2738443

i'm going to be looking at all the rbs. i'm already sold on carriker. it depends what we do in the fa.

#28 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:27 PM

i think everyone agrees that if our first 3 picks go as my signature suggests, we will be in awesome shape for next year. we will address 3 immediate needs on our team by solidifying our front seven and running game. make it happen jets.

#29 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

I tell who I'm really impressed with...Brandon Myles...WR from West Virginia. I liked him as a sleeper before the Senior Bowl, because he was the best WR in a running offense. But I'm not sure he's a sleeper anymore. He has good height and speed...great hands...body control...adjusts well. And while watching the practices he has shown to be a beast in the red zone. I think he caught everyone of the balls they through to him in the goal line passing drills. He would be an excellent mid round pick...might take a few years like Cotchery...but could develop into an excellent reciever and be the replacement for Coles.

I also am looking into what Brandon Mebane can bring as a potential NT. He isn't the most athletic guy...but he is a big time overachiever and strong. But the thing is you don't have to be a speedy, athletic tackle to be a nose...you need strength and the ability to take on multiple blockers. If the guy can put on more weight...he might be our eventual answer. He's already got the Mangini character....now we just need to find out if he can bulk up a little more.

And yeah...Adam Carriker has definitely impressed me. I heard Gruden say he thinks he could be a 3 technique tackle aswell in a 4-3. That sucks, because it only pushes his value up. I originally thought he would be a good pick with the 2a pick...but now I don't know if he'll last. If he continues this play and has a good combine...we might have no choice but to take him with the first if the Jets want him.

Victor Abiamiri is having a good practice...except that he kept getting owned by Levi Brown. But I don't think he's a 3-4 player. I see him more as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB...it's just me.

OG Josh Beekman continues to impress me...I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him taken with the 2b pick.

I kind of like Chris Davis, WR from FSU. He is tiny, at 6'0" and only 180 lbs. But he seems to me kind of like a Tim Dwight type. He is fast and shifty and runs good routes...he is also more than willing to go over the middle despite his size. With a little pro strength training he could turn into a good 3rd or 4th WR and provide an extra dimension.

QUOTE (jhsensation10 @ Jan 25 2007, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think everyone agrees that if our first 3 picks go as my signature suggests, we will be in awesome shape for next year. we will address 3 immediate needs on our team by solidifying our front seven and running game. make it happen jets.

I don't...
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

I think Tui is gonna be our NT. He's a monster. We have monsters on the roster. Problem is Tui, who was really showing alot of promise in preseason and getting alot of people.. Madden included.. really excited. I dont think the Jets are gonna take a NT until Tui proves he can't play the position.

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 26 2007, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Tui is gonna be our NT. He's a monster. We have monsters on the roster. Problem is Tui, who was really showing alot of promise in preseason and getting alot of people.. Madden included.. really excited. I dont think the Jets are gonna take a NT until Tui proves he can't play the position.

Tui isn't on the team anymore...we had this discussion maybe a week ago trying to figure out if he was still on the team...someone found an article saying the team had reached an injury settlement and realeased him...
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 26 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Problem with Tui is firstly he was on IR all last season meaning he is coming back from a pretty significant injury which meant he missed precious experience, putting his development back a bit. Also being an UFA it is assumed generally he will have less talent than someone available in the draft and he won't be a big cap casualty. Even if they draft a NT in the 4th or 5th rounds it is more likely they make the roster than Tui.

#33 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 26 2007, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tui isn't on the team anymore...we had this discussion maybe a week ago trying to figure out if he was still on the team...someone found an article saying the team had reached an injury settlement and realeased him...

Really.... that sucks. Didn't know that.

*looking around paranoid then screaming*

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! SKY IS FALLING!

Guess we're in the market for a NT. There aren't many quality NT's though so I'm not sure they address that in the draft. I'm guessing go pretty heavily after Terrell Sands aka The Immoval Object. That guy played really good this year.

#34 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 26 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem with Tui is firstly he was on IR all last season meaning he is coming back from a pretty significant injury which meant he missed precious experience, putting his development back a bit. Also being an UFA it is assumed generally he will have less talent than someone available in the draft and he won't be a big cap casualty. Even if they draft a NT in the 4th or 5th rounds it is more likely they make the roster than Tui.

He still isn't on the team...
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 26 2007, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He still isn't on the team...

Your post was posted whilst I was writing mine so I didn't read he wasn't on the team until after my post. I too didn't know he was released, but now I do. crazy.gif

#36 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jan 26 2007, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really.... that sucks. Didn't know that.

*looking around paranoid then screaming*

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! SKY IS FALLING!
Guess we're in the market for a NT. There aren't many quality NT's though so I'm not sure they address that in the draft. I'm guessing go pretty heavily after Terrell Sands aka The Immoval Object. That guy played really good this year.

Sands sounds like a good idea at first...at 335 pounds why wouldn't he...but take a closer look and you'll see he's 6'7". That is way too tall for a 3-4 NT. He needs to be a lot shorter to get good leverage. He's too lean...and I use that term loosely...to be a NT to me. The only other guy who is even close to 6'7" and plays NT is Ted Washington...but he's only 6'5" and a whopping 365 pounds...I mean Jebus...365 POUNDS!

So it's possible...but I'm not banking money on Sands being a great NT...
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:29 PM

His momma must have been feeding him out of a trough because that's unnaturally huge and it's gotta be unhealthy. None the less, I heard alot of positives about Sands and the Raiders had a top 10 defense this year. I think it's because he played so well, but whether or not he can be a 3-4 tackle... I don't know. All I know is I'd rather keep Robertson there and draft Carriker.

DRob actually started to get pretty dominant at NT in the 2nd half of the season. I remember looking at him and being amazed.... that's a compliment considering in weeks 1-8 I was constantly screaming at the TV, "D-ROB YOU FAT ASS, YOU SUCK!" everytime a RB gained 5 yards. If we got an end that could get off tacklers to get to the ball carrier I think our line would be primo with DRob at NT.

He's not actually that much smaller than Casey Hampton actually and he's considered to be the best NT in the game right now. I think he can do it.

#38 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:39 PM

I really think D-Rob is going to play very good next year, last year was his first time playing NT and his first time playing in the 3-4 and he did a good job the second half of the season. With more experience and maybe some weight gain he can become a very good NT, and it seems Mangini already really likes him. The huge problem on the d-line is KVO, the guy was horrible last year. He was usually blocked by only one lineman and usually was completely taken out of the play. If he is replaced by a very good player, our run D is going to shoot up a lot.

#39 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:41 PM

The Jets were looking at, Levi Brown, Anthony Spencer,Ryan Mcbean. Looks like the Jets are defintley trying to upgrade the front 7. They are looking at the DEs and OLB for 3-4s. I want Carriker at first round, if he is doing that good. I want Beekman with our first 2nd round. Then Brian Leonard with our 2nd 2nd round.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 26 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Jets were looking at, Levi Brown, Anthony Spencer,Ryan Mcbean. Looks like the Jets are defintley trying to upgrade the front 7. They are looking at the DEs and OLB for 3-4s. I want Carriker at first round, if he is doing that good. I want Beekman with our first 2nd round. Then Brian Leonard with our 2nd 2nd round.

Why invest a second rounder in a FB - a position not really utilized much in Schotty Jr's offense last season? Leonard is a good player but I'd much rather get, if they draft who you said (Carriker and Beekman), an OLB, RB, WR or CB than a FB.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users