NYJetsFan.com Forums: For Those Who Want Adalius Thomas - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

For Those Who Want Adalius Thomas along with other ideas about FA

#21 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

Willie Mcginest is old. He's just not the player he used to be. Asante Samuel, on the other hand, is just entering his prime. It is possible he was a product of the system, but I think he just has a lot of upside.

#22 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:44 AM

your right though guys samuels is much younger and for some reason doesnt quite get the respect he deserves right now in the league for being as good as he is and hopefoully mangini being his former DB coach will keep him at that level that he's playing now............... mcginest did show his age alot this year too..................their linebackers right now with the exception of colvin could all collect social security but some how they defy their age.......something belichick puts in their gatorade?..............The main thing though that always stuck out to me looking at the leonard was that his team basically drafted him to be the D-Brick of their franchise except with even more upside than D-Brick and he never got close to living up to that potential......to me that stands out as underachieving which always is something that could infect a team and which is what in my opinion really hurt that cardinal o-line...But i think a change of scenery could help him turn around his career which has worked for plenty of other athletes......and giving up a draft pick would hurt us considering the depth that is in the draft this year
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#23 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 20 2007, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your right though guys samuels is much younger and for some reason doesnt quite get the respect he deserves right now in the league for being as good as he is and hopefoully mangini being his former DB coach will keep him at that level that he's playing now............... mcginest did show his age alot this year too..................their linebackers right now with the exception of colvin could all collect social security but some how they defy their age.......something belichick puts in their gatorade?..............The main thing though that always stuck out to me looking at the leonard was that his team basically drafted him to be the D-Brick of their franchise except with even more upside than D-Brick and he never got close to living up to that potential......to me that stands out as underachieving which always is something that could infect a team and which is what in my opinion really hurt that cardinal o-line...But i think a change of scenery could help him turn around his career which has worked for plenty of other athletes......and giving up a draft pick would hurt us considering the depth that is in the draft this year

Yeah he seems to have a bit of a work ethic problem...so I perfectly understand that argument. But I think he is miscast as left tackle. In my opinion, he is the perfect run blocking right tackle.

The Cardinals line really did improve towards the end of the year...and most of that can be attributed to moving Reggie Wells to RT and plugging rookie Deuce Lutui in at G...but I also think that part of it may be due to Matt Leinart becoming the QB...thus switching which side the pass rushers come from as he is a lefty QB. So that makes the right side the blind side and, in essence, makes the left side the running side. It's a stretch, but I really think that helped.

And also, as you said, you don't have a lot of picks this year, so I really don't want to give up draft picks for a RFA in a draft that is probably even deeper than last year...I mean this draft has crazy talent all the way through the thir round!!!
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 20 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah he seems to have a bit of a work ethic problem...so I perfectly understand that argument. But I think he is miscast as left tackle. In my opinion, he is the perfect run blocking right tackle.

The Cardinals line really did improve towards the end of the year...and most of that can be attributed to moving Reggie Wells to RT and plugging rookie Deuce Lutui in at G...but I also think that part of it may be due to Matt Leinart becoming the QB...thus switching which side the pass rushers come from as he is a lefty QB. So that makes the right side the blind side and, in essence, makes the left side the running side. It's a stretch, but I really think that helped.

And also, as you said, you don't have a lot of picks this year, so I really don't want to give up draft picks for a RFA in a draft that is probably even deeper than last year...I mean this draft has crazy talent all the way through the thir round!!!

That's exactly how I feel about this offseason. There is no point going after a guy like Michael Turner who will probably cost a 1st rounder and a huge contract when you could get a back like Michael Bush in the 2nd round with a relatively cheap first contract. The same with Starks. RT isn't as important money-wise than LT where we invested heavily in DBrick last year and having to give up a pick as well as another huge deal would be a waste when there are bound to be serviceable starters available in FA and the draft. Clements IMO didn't doo too badly this past season but obviously there is no harm in upgrading, but not if we are going to overpay hugely for a guy.

Rather than give up picks for RFAs or any player for that matter, I'd rather look to secure one or two more picks throughout the draft and with two 2nd rounders there is leverage for us to do just that as there certainly will be teams offering to jump up a few places due to the talent available in the draft.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users