NYJetsFan.com Forums: Si Mock Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm even keeled and I love getting rises out of you all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) well smoke a bowl then
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:37 PM) I'm cool as a cucumber
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Today, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Today, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Today, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Today, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Si Mock Draft not very smart

#1 User is offline   jhsensation10 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

http://sportsillustr...art3/index.html

25 DT Tank Tyler North Carolina State Sr. 6-2 310

The Jets made due with veteran Kimo von Oelhoffen on the nose last season, but Tyler would give them a prospect to groom at that key position.

is this a joke?? first of all, kimo was obviously not the NT last season. do these morons know anything or just make stuff up as they go along?? secondly, i heard tyler has some disciplinary problems and wouldn't be someone mangini would want on this team. and thirdly, what a waste of a pick that would taking tyler when our needs are DE, OLB, and CB. quentin moses isn't even in the first round in this mock but if we were to pass on him and took tyler, i would flip out. moses is now a 3-4 OLB will a very tall and lean frame and has been doing well in the senior bowl. hes 6'4 250 which is similar to demarcus ware who is 6'4 257 and i am sure he can be the pass rushing LB opposite of bryan thomas. every mock seems to just disrespect the jets, with the blurb saying stuff like, "this might be a reach for the jets, this pick might not be the best for them" well then don't have us taking that person since you know it would be a stupid pick in the first place.

#2 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:39 PM

Maybe they expect him to be a DE in the 3-4. He has the right size for it.

#3 User is offline   VILMAmazing51 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 26 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe they expect him to be a DE in the 3-4. He has the right size for it.

6-2 FOR A 3/4 de....not really the right size...i want them to do what it takes to get carriker...6-5 7/8 and 290lbs...that is the right size for a 3/4 DE.

FINALLY!!!! A REAL BIG BOY!!!

#4 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

i heard moses is overrated and is coming off a very disappointing senior season......i would rather us draft moss or woodley........but any DT not named okoye or branch would be a waste in the 1st i totally agree....their is too many olb with stud potential for us to just fill a need.....also if justin blalock is available he'd be nice too
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#5 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (VILMAmazing51 @ Jan 26 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6-2 FOR A 3/4 de....not really the right size...i want them to do what it takes to get carriker...6-5 7/8 and 290lbs...that is the right size for a 3/4 DE.

Ok, maybe 6-2 is not the ideal size, but 310 is the right size for a 3-4 DE. My point was that that is pretty undersized for a NT and I would assume that guy would play DE in a 3-4.

#6 User is offline   DewayneDontSign Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 26 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, maybe 6-2 is not the ideal size, but 310 is the right size for a 3-4 DE. My point was that that is pretty undersized for a NT and I would assume that guy would play DE in a 3-4.

Tyler weighed in at 323 at the senior bowl

#7 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:11 AM

Jeez i am sick and tired of hearing about size!!! get me someone who is good not fat and cant do anything. Size is overrated!! blowup.gif

Chad= Cheerleader

#8 User is offline   mangold107 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

no size is not overrated when you are talking about a NT. Size is everything. Some of the people on here just do not understand this defence, there HAS to be a monter at NT to keep the o line off the Lb's. That is the entire idea behind the 3-4. most of the plays are made by the LB's.

Go look up the size of the NT's on any team with a good 3-4 D

#9 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (mangold107 @ Jan 27 2007, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no size is not overrated when you are talking about a NT. Size is everything. Some of the people on here just do not understand this defence, there HAS to be a monter at NT to keep the o line off the Lb's. That is the entire idea behind the 3-4. most of the plays are made by the LB's.

Go look up the size of the NT's on any team with a good 3-4 D

Actually, size is quite overrated. I hate it when someone says "just get someone who's 350 to play NT". Size is not the most important thing. Technique and mechanics are. I agree that if someone is too undersized, they would have trouble playing NT. That was my point about Tyler, because in the mock it has him at 310. It would be difficult for someone who is 310 to play NT. But just because a guy is a fat slob, that doesn't mean he would make a good NT. I'll take a guy who is 325 and knows how to play the nose over a guy who's 350 and doesn't any day of the week.

#10 User is offline   BESTHANDS8381 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 27 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, size is quite overrated. I hate it when someone says "just get someone who's 350 to play NT". Size is not the most important thing. Technique and mechanics are. I agree that if someone is too undersized, they would have trouble playing NT. That was my point about Tyler, because in the mock it has him at 310. It would be difficult for someone who is 310 to play NT. But just because a guy is a fat slob, that doesn't mean he would make a good NT. I'll take a guy who is 325 and knows how to play the nose over a guy who's 350 and doesn't any day of the week.

iagree.gif exactly what i meant, Look at the packers during the second super bowl when they lost. What was the name of that dt again i forget but he was close to 400 lbs and who couldnt stop anything that day, he just got man handled.

Chad= Cheerleader

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

If we wanted size we could of draft Gabe Watson who is just a fat ass. He is over 330, but he is mainly fat and is out of shape. Dewayne Robertson is actually pretty good, because he is using good technique. I actually want to see him at NT for another year, and I think the Jets are going to do the same, because there is no NTs available. Well any good ones. The Jets would be more wise to go after a DE for the 3-4, since that was our main problem, Kimo almost made no plays this year, getting blown up. Kimo is just too old, he lost alot from last year to this year. He is only getting older, he is a back up now at best.
The Jets should get Carriker with our first round pick, I heard he has been a beast in the senior bowl practices.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   Mehlfan Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we wanted size we could of draft Gabe Watson who is just a fat ass. He is over 330, but he is mainly fat and is out of shape. Dewayne Robertson is actually pretty good, because he is using good technique. I actually want to see him at NT for another year, and I think the Jets are going to do the same, because there is no NTs available. Well any good ones. The Jets would be more wise to go after a DE for the 3-4, since that was our main problem, Kimo almost made no plays this year, getting blown up. Kimo is just too old, he lost alot from last year to this year. He is only getting older, he is a back up now at best.
The Jets should get Carriker with our first round pick, I heard he has been a beast in the senior bowl practices.

iagree.gif on the money again 0099 . good week of practice .

size does matter at NT but so does quality . but Vince Woolfork's don't grow on trees .

the best value is Carriker at an equal need , if he's there at 25 .
Once again I'm north-ward bound
On the edge of sea and sky

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Jetsfan0099 @ Jan 27 2007, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLOLOLOLOL..................thats it we should sign leonard davis and make his fat ass play NT............im not saying size isnt everything because it is alot and probab;y the 1st thing to look at when looking for a NT but skill and technique are almost just as important and they make up for alot when a NT lacks size
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

385 pounds in the middle. Sounds good to me! Lol.....
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users