NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mock Draft V1 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:34 PM) I think balo gets one or two today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) haha you haven't seen much Liverpool this season!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:39 PM) I fear for us today to be honest... going to take something special
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:41 PM) It won't be a 4-0 like last time we played them.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) I was just trying to instill some hope
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) so that i can go hala madrid crazy later on
santana Icon : (Today, 12:42 PM) haha
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Today, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Today, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Today, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mock Draft V1 No Trades, (just regular order)

#21 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

guys how is 19 a downside?............he was a beast in college at 19 and is going to get bigger............19 is a blessing and he'll play right away
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#22 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for all your input guys, in a month I will work on Version 2.

#23 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

Good mock and pretty realistic too. Good job JC!

If that is how things went for the Jets it would be a toss up between Okoye and Moss and both would definitely fill two of our biggest needs. However I'd prefer Okoye as he could contribute right away, whilst continuing to develop as, as Vandelay says, at 19 he is four years behind most players physically and because Moss would have to change position although he is a great prospect.

#24 User is offline   beanz Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (HurricaneJet32 @ Jan 17 2007, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...that reason is because they're still in college...

Okoye may be the first player to ever be drafted at 19 years old...

He has had four years of starting...is already 317 pounds of MUSCLE...and already has good on field production...

Of course he'll be better in 3 or 4 years...I would hope so...and of coure he hasn't reached his potential...these are all givens.

What I'm saying is he can start his rookie year...he is not an unpolished prospect...he is an unfinished prospect. Big difference here...a guy like Louis Leonard will be drafted on potential because he is a 350 pounder. But a guy like Okoye is being drafted because of potential and production. He is already good, what makes him scary is he has so much more room to develop. If Okoye wasn't already a good player...he wouldn't be considered a first rounder. You wouldn't draft a guy simply based on being 19 years old. What makes Okoye so intriguing is he already produces on the field...and he still has so much room to grow!!!

So my point is...he can likely start his rookie year...and yes...he will hopefully get even better and even bigger in the following seasons!!!

See, it's a fact of life that one's body will continue to develop. Vandelay's point has nothing to do with four years of starting experience. No one is arguing he has experience. BUT, IT IS ASANINE to say that he will not be at a disadvantage if he were to start at 19 years old in the NFL. Yea, he'll have some success. But his body will be 3-4 years from where it needs to be.

19 year olds are not as physically developed as 22 year olds. If has nothing to do with playing time. It has to do with how long you've been on the planet, thus giving you more time to develop your physique. Therefore, I guess I agree with both parties here. Okoye will be able to produce some his rookie year, but I wouldn't expect a lot. However, the upside is through the roof.

#25 Guest_JCBizkit87_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Smedsthejet @ Jan 18 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good mock and pretty realistic too. Good job JC!

If that is how things went for the Jets it would be a toss up between Okoye and Moss and both would definitely fill two of our biggest needs. However I'd prefer Okoye as he could contribute right away, whilst continuing to develop as, as Vandelay says, at 19 he is four years behind most players physically and because Moss would have to change position although he is a great prospect.

I'd be happy with either guy. I would be happy with Moss because I'm a gator fan, and I know this guy will be good. The other Gator I believe will be good is Reggie Nelson, and the sleeper I believe will be the wide reciever, Dallas Baker. Moss would look good in Gang Green, but I don't think he will because I think he'd prefer to stay at end. I actually at first had us drafting Moss, but then I changed it to Okoye.

#26 User is offline   felner Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:football,sports in general,bowling,

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (JCBizkit87 @ Jan 17 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, I believe he'll start his first year, because we'll be moving Robertson to End. Then the front 7 would look like:

DE Robertson
NT Okoye
DE Ellis

OLB Thomas
ILB Vilma
ILB Barton
OLB Hobson

THIS IS A SOUND UNIT,LOOKS GOOD ON PAPER,EVEN BETTER IN REALITY
GO JETS

#27 User is offline   EnRiCH13 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 17 2007, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
???
The point is that people grow between 19 and 23. You can't just look at his size and say "he's over 300 lbs. He must be fully developed." The guys still growing. There's a reason that the NFL has always had the rule that guys can't just go straight to the NFL out of high school. It's because typically, guys who are 19 shouldn't be playing with the monsters in the NFL. This guys is huge, but that doesn't mean he's ready to just come in and start right off the bat.

but the thing is
he has the size and starting expierence of any other senior
he can start like other rookie dt and grow while starting

basically what im saying is hes no different then any other rookie dt except he will grow even bigger
the only reason you cant play in the nfl right out of high school is because you dont have the size and bulk but as you grow you gain it
he already has the size and bulk and will just grow even further

IPB Image

#28 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:26 PM

Alright I did a little research here on the age thing

Okoye birthday --6/10/1987
Nfl Draft date April 2007

Robertson Birthday 10/16/1981
Robertson Drafted April 2003

So doing a little math we can see that

Robertson at draft date 258 months old
Okoye at draft date 238 months old

Thats 20 months difference or about 1.5 years.
Robertson started all 16 games in his Rookie year.

So If Okoye is as good as Robertson at the worst we would see Okoye midway through his second year. Thats really not to bad. More than likely he would start in his first year maybe not right away. He will be 20 two months after the draft its not as crazy as everyone is making it out to be.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users