NYJetsFan.com Forums: A New Qb? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) i need to install handrails with all you peeps hopping aboard the fire izdik train, not joking anymore huh?
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 11:58 AM) I've been sayin fire idzik since thanksgiving 2010
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 01:11 PM) When you started hating Idzik it was before you could rationally hate him, there was no reason. Chances are the next GM and coach we hire will suck as well, the Jets are just one of that organizations that can never get it right
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 02:46 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM) harlem did you start brady or rivers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:41 PM) I held out for Sunday and started Brady
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) I have Gronk on my team in that league too so that worked out famously
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:44 PM) yeah that combo is OP
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A New Qb?

#1 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:56 AM

what i learned from watching the ravens-colts game is that in the AFC its not enough to have a great Defense (and OMG the Colts suddenly have the best D in the league from out of no where) You also need a great QB who can not only manage the game for you but win them also.....Manning couldnt score a TD but he lead them on the most important drive of the game thats w hy im hoping this Clemens kid wins out this starting QB job...as much as i love Pennington being a game manager it isnt enough in the AFC....look at all the teams left...the two things they have in common is great D and pro bowl QB's.....where on our way to a great D but i think penny has taken us as far as he can take us....this Clemens kid is the future and hopefully he'll bring us the spark that Pennington gave us when he overtook Testaverde
You Dont Run On the JETS. Vilma Will KIll YOU

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

I think you're a bit late. We are tired of talking about Chad at this point. I can't even bring myself to say his name anymore I'm referring to him as C.P from now on.

#3 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 14 2007, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where on our way to a great D but i think penny has taken us as far as he can take us....

How does this statement make any sense? You admit that the team has room for improvement, then say that Chad has taken us as far as he can take us. The fact is that the team will get much better and when they do, they will go farther. You can't put the loss on Chad, the whole team got roughed up.

#4 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jan 14 2007, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does this statement make any sense? You admit that the team has room for improvement, then say that Chad has taken us as far as he can take us. The fact is that the team will get much better and when they do, they will go farther. You can't put the loss on Chad, the whole team got roughed up.

It only doesnt make sense if you take what you want out of what i said...............Chad doesnt make the entire team so the rest of the team can improve with him improving....... but we got no chance to win anything with him as our QB period................steve mcnair was the worst QB in the playoffs by far and had won an MVP 3 years ago for crying out loud

#5 User is offline   TheUltimate Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

From watching these playoffs, I haven't seen anything special at the QB position. The only real good game I saw was Tom Brady vs the Jets but all the other games, I have seen QBs miss wide open WRs, throw plenty of picks, lay out WRs. Hopefully now that Jets fans can watch other games other then the Jets, we can realize that no QB is perfect and Pennington isn't as bad as people on this site think he is.
"Straight Cash Homey"

User Posted Image

#6 User is offline   beanz Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 14 2007, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what i learned from watching the ravens-colts game is that in the AFC its not enough to have a great Defense (and OMG the Colts suddenly have the best D in the league from out of no where) You also need a great QB who can not only manage the game for you but win them also.....Manning couldnt score a TD but he lead them on the most important drive of the game thats w hy im hoping this Clemens kid wins out this starting QB job...as much as i love Pennington being a game manager it isnt enough in the AFC....look at all the teams left...the two things they have in common is great D and pro bowl QB's.....where on our way to a great D but i think penny has taken us as far as he can take us....this Clemens kid is the future and hopefully he'll bring us the spark that Pennington gave us when he overtook Testaverde

This is the last time I am ever responding to a post of this nature. I am growing disgusted with ignorant people.

The TEAM will go as far as the TEAM takes themselves. The QB does not embody 53 players. Winning a championship is a team effort. The TEAM must succeed in all three phases of the game. There is absolutely NOTHING Chad can do when the defense cannot get a stop late in the game, and there is nothing he can do when teams run the ball play after play after play, winding the clock down. What he can do is execute the plays that are called for him by the coaches, and run the offense efficiently.

You just said it yourself... Manning couldnt score a TD. The reason they won was their defense, NOT Peyton Manning or anyone else. God forbid the Jets ever won a game in such a manner; it would be relentless Chad bashing. But, since it was the all-mighty Peyton Manning, he gets a pass, and the defense is praised.

But, due to some peoples' curious pre-determined disdain for Pennington, they try to spin the playoffs as a way to prove Chad will never win with this team. Meanwhile, Rex f***ing Grossman is in the NFC Championship game. You know why? HE HAS A COMPLETE TEAM.

If this team gets a #1 RB, an experienced O-line, an actual nose tackle, someone not named Van Oelhoffen at DE, and a good cornerback and they underperform, then it is time to put some more blame on Chad. But, for the time being, he gives the team a chance to win everygame thanks to his accuracy and smarts.

The End. Never to be discussed again.

#7 User is online   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (beanz @ Jan 14 2007, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the last time I am ever responding to a post of this nature. I am growing disgusted with ignorant people.

The TEAM will go as far as the TEAM takes themselves. The QB does not embody 53 players. Winning a championship is a team effort. The TEAM must succeed in all three phases of the game. There is absolutely NOTHING Chad can do when the defense cannot get a stop late in the game, and there is nothing he can do when teams run the ball play after play after play, winding the clock down. What he can do is execute the plays that are called for him by the coaches, and run the offense efficiently.

You just said it yourself... Manning couldnt score a TD. The reason they won was their defense, NOT Peyton Manning or anyone else. God forbid the Jets ever won a game in such a manner; it would be relentless Chad bashing. But, since it was the all-mighty Peyton Manning, he gets a pass, and the defense is praised.

But, due to some peoples' curious pre-determined disdain for Pennington, they try to spin the playoffs as a way to prove Chad will never win with this team. Meanwhile, Rex f***ing Grossman is in the NFC Championship game. You know why? HE HAS A COMPLETE TEAM.

If this team gets a #1 RB, an experienced O-line, an actual nose tackle, someone not named Van Oelhoffen at DE, and a good cornerback and they underperform, then it is time to put some more blame on Chad. But, for the time being, he gives the team a chance to win everygame thanks to his accuracy and smarts.

I apologize in advance for continuing. I love Chad. Many teams would love to have him, some as a starter. The only place where he falls short is his inability to bring the team back from behind. The saying "QB X is good when the running game is working and the defense is playing well" is a nice way of saying the QB is not great. I remember watching the jets play against Marino. The lead was never big enough; I was always scared that Marino would bring Miami back. There are only a few guys who scared me like that Manning is another. It seems like a lot of ex and current players who always seemed to be at their best against the Jets. Willis McGahee is one of those guys. Sorry off topic

#8 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

The only place where he falls short is his inability to bring the team back from behind.

The lack of arm strength would be another short fall. He can't drive a team down the field, he isn't worth starting.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#9 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

Well put.

#10 User is offline   BradSmith16 Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

I think a playmaker would do well in the afc
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#11 User is offline   cmart=the best Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (BradSmith16 @ Jan 14 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no brad no smith looks good guys maybe he's becoming a real poster

#12 User is offline   tipceey Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

QB

yea give chad the bears D and we definitely would be in the superbowl..............yea right!..............if Jets played in the NFC maybe, but in the AFC they would have still lost with the bears D........Bears IMO dont even have the best D in the league the ravens do (and they're out) and they have been playing pretty bad of late and all that talk about Best D ever stopped back in what? week 6? ..........you got the brett farve syndrome......no matter how many years his skills decline and proves that the young kid sittin behind him deserves a shot you wont get over his past glory .........get real............I love chad just as much as the next jet fan and he is the 2nd best QB in franchise history but if he doesnt even have the ability to bring us back from a deficit "The only place where he falls short is his inability to bring the team back from behind. "
he doesnt belong starting for any team who wants to win the superbowl.....if you want to win the superbowl you have to be able bring your team back period........end of story.....bring in Clemens

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 15 2007, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea give chad the bears D and we definitely would be in the superbowl..............yea right!..............if Jets played in the NFC maybe, but in the AFC they would have still lost with the bears D........Bears IMO dont even have the best D in the league the ravens do (and they're out) and they have been playing pretty bad of late and all that talk about Best D ever stopped back in what? week 6? ..........you got the brett farve syndrome......no matter how many years his skills decline and proves that the young kid sittin behind him deserves a shot you wont get over his past glory .........get real............I love chad just as much as the next jet fan and he is the 2nd best QB in franchise history but if he doesnt even have the ability to bring us back from a deficit "The only place where he falls short is his inability to bring the team back from behind. "
he doesnt belong starting for any team who wants to win the superbowl.....if you want to win the superbowl you have to be able bring your team back period........end of story.....bring in Clemens

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have a great D and balanced offense there aren't many times you have to come from behind and the Bears rarely had to do so this year.

#14 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (BradSmith16 @ Jan 14 2007, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder who that would be......
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#15 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (tipceey @ Jan 15 2007, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you got the brett farve syndrome......no matter how many years his skills decline and proves that the young kid sittin behind him deserves a shot you wont get over his past glory .........get real............

How exactly have Chads skills declined? His arm looked no stronger or weaker this year then it ever has. And how has Clemens proved anything? He's done nothing but ride the bench. Have you been to every practice the Jets held this year and seen that Clemens is a far superior QB to Chad? And if he is, then why hasn't mangini started him already? Well I got news for you. Chad will most definitely win the starting job again in TC. I guess you'll have to sit there and pout all season long, or until Chad gets injured.

#16 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Maybe because the O-line needed time, there is a reason why Mangini puts Clemens in at the junk time during the 4th over Ramsey. Because Clemens needs to get acclimated to the NFL.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users