NYJetsFan.com Forums: :: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:41 PM) Eh
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:37 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 10:50 PM) The JETS really sucked a fat one last night
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

:: Official Kellen Clemens Vs. Chad Pennington Debate :: All New Topics Will Be Merged to This Thread!

#41 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Read the whole thread does everyone feel better now ? As a reminder Chad didn't light it up when he came in for Vinny in his debute and no matter how much you guys argue your points it won't influence Mangini's process of ultra secretive agenda . For me Chad is the guy to beat and clemens should be the guy to beat him But ! I think Chad could handle Clemens getting his chance to be the named the starter while Chad stays focused to step in should there be a need . Chad could never ever have been called a Game breaker he could never have be mistaken for a player that could take the team on his back . I believe that Chad has always followed the coaches instructions in every game he has played.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#42 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

If people can still argue this after amen has officially ended this little debate then they might need a catscan.

#43 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:57 AM

if there was a tie at the OTAs and everyone is on board with the chad sucking theory. then... does that mean clemens sucks and we are screwed?

where do i sign up for my catscan.
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#44 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (santana @ Jun 28 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if there was a tie at the OTAs and everyone is on board with the chad sucking theory. then... does that mean clemens sucks and we are screwed?

where do i sign up for my catscan.

Good point. Surely, if Chad offered nothing anymore then there wouldn't be a QB competition?

I want Clemens to win the battle and to develop into a quality QB, but if he doesn't win, then I'll throw my support behind Chad, however if the second option occurs then we will be in the market for a QB next offseason

#45 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

Chad is just an injury prone bum, so regardless of who wins, Clemens will be starting this year anyway, because Chad is just going to get injured again. I don't care about the sacrifices he made for this teams, because really, it's never actually pushed the team over the top to win a SB. He's overpaid, and he's done.

When the pressure is on, Chad crumbles, Clemens doesn't. That's all that really matters in a league where until the the clock goes to 00:00 in the 4th, the game is never over.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#46 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Amen did a good job, and I'm going to add to that because I remember last year when I was just fed up with Chad Pennington I made a few posts about it.

I love how it's the same people that want to blame the defense and everyone else BUT Chad for losing us games. Last time I checked it was the QB's job to move the ball into the endzone. Last time I checked it was the Chad Pennington who has thrown 7 INT in the last 3 games. Last time I checked it was Chad Pennington that has thrown the game ending INT that cost us the games. Last time I checked it wasn't the defenses job to give your team a chance to win at the end of the game by moving the offense down the field..... yeah I'm pretty sure that falls on the QB.

And anyone that wants to say Chad Pennington isn't the problem is a retard. Check out some of these wonderful statistics:

Chad Pennington 2007:
9 TDs 7 INTs
Averaging 202 yards passing a game. He's lucky he didn't start the Baltimore game... his stats would look incredibly disgusting.
When trailing by 9-16 points: 2 TDs 7 INTs .... how is this the defenses' fault?
4th Quarter within 7: 1 TD 5 INTs and a QB rating of 42.1

Chad Pennington 2006:
17 TDs 17 INTs
When trailing by 9-16 points: 5 TDs 5 INTs
4th Quarter within 7: 3 TDs 5 INTs and a QB rating of 71.5

As you can see these statistics show that Chad Pennington can't win you anything and plays very poorly when the game is on the line. Is that what you want out of your QB? I sure dont. If you take the Patriots out of the equation the combined Win/Loss record of our opponents so far is 15-17. If you take the teams that have a winning percentage out of the equation the records combined are 6-12. The Jets have played a 1 win team the last two weeks and lost. They also lost to a winless team. Chad Pennington threw the game losing INT against the last 3 of 4 teams... BUF, NY, and CIN.

1. With the game on the line against BUF Chad threw 8 straight short passes netting 20 yards. Last pass: Short and to the right for an INT.
2. Against the NYG Chad on 1st and 15 throws a short pass for -1 yard. Then 2 incomplete attempts "deep" then 2 more short passes which once again ends in a short pass thrown to the right sideline for an INT and a TD.
3. The last 9 pass attempts against the Bengals before the INT that sealed the deal, including 5 from the drive in which he threw it, were all short passes. The last pass of that series down by 1 TD: Short left INT for a TD.

I dont wanna go back into the history logs but I'm curious just how many times in his career Chad Pennington has thrown that short pass to the sideline for an INT that cost the Jets the game. I'm not sure it really matters because at this point it happens on cue. So anyway, digest some of those numbers and tell me Chad Pennington isn't the problem. Digest those numbers and tell me that you would rather have Chad Pennington at QB than Kellen Clemens. Digest those numbers and tell me you'd want Chad starting on your team period! If you think so you obviously don't care about winning because Chad Pennington only loses games.

http://nyjetsfan.com...=...&pid=197474

[quote]

#47 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (S-Dubb @ Jun 27 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people can still argue this after amen has officially ended this little debate then they might need a catscan.

The funny part about it, half of those games you have to watch, not just pull up a stat sheet.

the 10-0 loss against the bears, no one was scoring on that defense and it was a complete storm the whole time.

You cant say bad things about 2004 jets because he didn't do MUCH wrong that year, you can pull up a bad game on any QB during a teams good season.

the 41-0 loss to Jax... Jax was just much much better than our whole team, not just Chad.

First round of the playoffs vs. the Pats? Tell me how many teams in the past, what 10 years has beaten New England twice, both in their place? Seriously?

Sept. 9, 2007 "Statistically Chad wasn't bad" but he was sacked 4 times. I think thats not really falling on Chads plate, he didn't hold onto the ball too long in that game.

Theres about half the games your talking about.

You say his Comeback Player of the Year award means nothing, but then when he is hurt it means the world.

You can say its not all about "Chad Hating" but it is.

#48 User is offline   theanalogkid Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jun 28 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You say his Comeback Player of the Year award means nothing, but then when he is hurt it means the world.

To be a Comeback player you actually have to be down and out first, which Chad was.
...no hero in your tradgey, no daring in your escape, no salutes to your surrender, nothing noble in your fate....Rush, The Pass.

#49 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:21 AM

Ha, Chad hating. I like Chad a lot. The truth is he is more of a Jet than anyone else on the team and he bleeds green. That doesn't change the fact that he can no longer get the job done and it's time to give clemens his chance. Anyone who wants to see Chad start is still having dreams about 2002. It still boggles my mind that you guys can honestly think Chad is the better QB.

#50 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs @ Jun 29 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha, Chad hating. I like Chad a lot. The truth is he is more of a Jet than anyone else on the team and he bleeds green. That doesn't change the fact that he can no longer get the job done and it's time to give clemens his chance. Anyone who wants to see Chad start is still having dreams about 2002. It still boggles my mind that you guys can honestly think Chad is the better QB.

It boggles my mind to think that you've seen enough of Clemens to say that he's the better option.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#51 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (choon328 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It boggles my mind to think that you've seen enough of Clemens to say that he's the better option.

Agreed, enough of the Baltimore 4th quarter.

#52 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (choon328 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saying Clemens is the better option doesn't mean I think Clemens is a good QB. It means i KNOW chad is not.

You guys must be big wizard of oz fans...

#53 User is offline   Amen Icon

• Head Writer / 2008 Best Mod Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, enough of the Baltimore 4th quarter.

How about the Washington, Pittsburgh and Cleveland 4th quarters then?

#54 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Amen @ Jun 29 2008, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about the Washington, Pittsburgh and Cleveland 4th quarters then?

How about the Washington, Pitt, Cleveland and Baltimore first 3 quarters? Or those games as a whole?

#55 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Jetsman05 @ Jun 29 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about the Washington, Pitt, Cleveland and Baltimore first 3 quarters? Or those games as a whole?

Actually Clemens played very good the whole game against the Redskins, and Pitt and Cleveland he did alright through the game, but he elevates his play when the game is on the line. Chad has always fell short in those situations.
Posted Image

#56 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

If I remember correctly Clemens thru 2 Picks in the Cleveland game, and he didn't have a touchdown.

He also didn't complete 50 percent of his passes vs. Pitt (Give our Defense some credit coming off that bye)

The Washington game he was very ordinary.

And I will give him his deal on the Baltimore game, he definitely showed he can play with the big boys. But that was his first start, he didn't get any better throughout the year. Still against Baltimore, I don't think he completed over 50 percent, and if he did it wasn't much over.

#57 User is offline   jets0n Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MOD SS

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Chad sucks. Clemens is young. It's that simple. Chad is one of the worst starting QB in the league even as an 8 year veteran. If you watched the games and suffered through watching him play then you'd understand. I can't believe that anyone watching him play can actually want him to start next year. No way in hell do I want that. He's just pitiful. If Clemens isn't beating him out then we need to look at drafting the best available QB next year or even giving Ainge a shot because there's just no way that playing at Chad's level is acceptable unless you enjoy being a loser. I like winning. If Clemens can't do that, which I think he can considering he beat 3 teams last year and Chad beat one under the exact same circumstances minus a star in Coles, then he isn't the answer either. But one thing is for sure, Chad Pennington isn't an NFL quality QB. He might be the best option the Jets have at the end of the day, but that sure as hell doesn't mean we should keep him. If anything I'd expect the Jets to trade for Losman or some other disgruntled backup. Even he played better than Chad.

#58 User is offline   VaNDelaYInDusTrIEs Icon

• 06 R.O.Y. Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

You guys can take Chad for his first 3 quarters and I'll take Clemens for his 4th quarter and we'll see who comes out on top.

#59 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

We'll beat those Eagles fans yet.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#60 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (jets0n @ Jun 29 2008, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Clemens isn't beating him out then we need to look at drafting the best available QB next year or even giving Ainge a shot because there's just no way that playing at Chad's level is acceptable unless you enjoy being a loser. I like winning.

You do realize that Chad has the best winning percentage of any Jets QB in history, right? So if you actually think there has been better days to be a Jets fan besides when Namath was throwing interceptions and getting carried by his RB to a championship then you're mistaken. biggrin.gif
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users